The Old Republic is on sale for $20 at Target

[quote name='M3wThr33']The game that's now Free to play until level 15?[/QUOTE]

i think im going to stick below lv 15 and play it free then
dosfhismdfs

[quote name='M3wThr33']The game that's now Free to play until level 15?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that game. However, that doesn't begin until July so if you wanted to play it now and have the ability to exceed level 15, then $20 isn't bad.

thanks for the heads up..i got two copies one for me and my buddy and we are enjoying this one, i am loving the story mode in it.. it has that kotor feel to it, thanks again for the info

[quote name='Shimrra']I would pay $60 for this game if there was no monthly fee.[/QUOTE]

I've never played an MMO, just because I usually play on consoles, but I agree. This seems like an easy sale for me at $60 with no monthly fee, but I understand that they have a ton of server maintenance and other costs because of the genre of the game.

[quote name='Shimrra']I would pay $60 for this game if there was no monthly fee.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. That's why I already have Guild Wars 2 preordered.

The caveat (rumor) is that you if you want to play past level 15, you'd have to buy the game for $20 and THEN pay $15 for the next month subscription. This is how it is done in WoW, so $20 doesn't seem bad to me. I nabbed a copy at BBY last week when it was $20. Figure I can burn out my desire to play this in a month, maybe 2.

+1 here. Same with WoW. But I get that it's not their business model, so oh well.

(Although I think TOR will eventually be F2P.)

[quote name='Idx86'](Although I think TOR will eventually be F2P.)[/QUOTE]

This. The ship's been sinking since day 1, so you may as well wait until it hits rock bottom if you want to play it.

I played the free weekend a little while back. I think I will wait until the free play to level 15 comes around to try it out again.

If one retailer has it on sale for $20, that most likely means more will eventually follow suit. Or Target will probably do it again.

Doesn't the client still include one free month? If so, $20 includes one free month. If you use the trial, you can go to level 15, then pay whatever the client costs then to continue forward and use the free month.

Cheapest way I suppose is to level all your characters to 15, then activate your client and get your free month afterward, pushing from 15 to the end. That will involve you waiting until they release the free trial though.

Still, the free month means you're essentially paying $5 for the client, $15 for the month, and that's not a horrible deal for someone who just wants to play for a month because they're playing it like a SP game. And it's very, very easy to play this as a SP game since you can find an empty server (easily) and rarely have anyone bother you due to instances everywhere.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Doesn't the client still include one free month? If so, $20 includes one free month. If you use the trial, you can go to level 15, then pay whatever the client costs then to continue forward and use the free month.

Cheapest way I suppose is to level all your characters to 15, then activate your client and get your free month afterward, pushing from 15 to the end. That will involve you waiting until they release the free trial though.

Still, the free month means you're essentially paying $5 for the client, $15 for the month, and that's not a horrible deal for someone who just wants to play for a month because they're playing it like a SP game. And it's very, very easy to play this as a SP game since you can find an empty server (easily) and rarely have anyone bother you due to instances everywhere.[/QUOTE]

If you can wait, that is definitely the way to go. I didnt, & snagged it at FRY's using a price match. (Amazon has it for $20 as well). It will NOT take you long to hit the level 15 cap at all. I played for 5 hours last night & hit 11.
The game is a blast btw. Nothing new, no reinventing the wheel, but for an MMO, its a damn fine package. The immersion is absolutely top knotch.

I had loads of fun leveling in this game, but once you hit max it is probably one of the worst mmos I've played.
So if you can get to 50 in a month, don't bother resubbing.

It doesn't really make sense that there is a subscription on this game. Production quality is pretty low with regular gameplay, and I hit 50 in 3 weeks without playing all the time. Game is pretty lame when you hit 50, and not much replayability. If it was FTP, I might pick it up once in a while for battlegrounds. Thats it.

bread's done
Back