The one and only CAG Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament! Beef vs. JoeB, FINALS!!!!

Bring on Strell...

Are we just suppose to fight once this week and then post the results somewhere. Come again, where do we post results of the match anyways?

Seems like the we have to fight exactly on Monday...I better pm him when I'm available.

I think the explanation of how your tournament round go should be more than just I won 2-1 or something like that. I'll be attempting to post a detailed explanation of the brawl.

Example:
I was Olimar and he was Sonic, we were playing on Final Destination. In the first round he knocked me out twice right around 150% but then I came back with a lot of grabs and shielding. We each were down to 1 stock, but I was closer to 75%. He finished me with a side smash as I was drifting down towards the stage, he taunted me as GAME! came up.

Or something close to that. If I can get video replay (doubtful with 3 stock) then I'll post those up too. I like reading battle reports, it reminds me of Warhammer (Fantasy) (I'm a nerd).

Is there anyway we can extend the time for the first round (Like a day or so, or even until Tue @ 10 or something)? Due to being gone for Easter and work, ending at Noon Tuesday might be tough.

Since it seems that people have some scheduling issues with Tuesday at noon, I'll go ahead and extend it to Tuesday at...I guess Midnight.

And as for pairing information, I set up a bracket, so the only time randomness was in the equation was when I was initially sorting names for round 1.

Roster post should be updated by the time people read this.

More clarification (I hate waking up semi-early): you can either PM me the results, or you can post them here. Seeing as how this is a friendly competition, I don't see why someone would want to muck up the results.

And if maigo wins, it'll be Suko_32 and maigoyume for round 2. Just putting that out there. My tournament bracket is in Word format, so if I can find a way to upload it, I'll do it.

Round 1:
Stage: Battlefield
Players: cheapwiigamer - Snake, zitanix - Olimar

Right off the bat at 26% health I fall off the stage because I'm a moron. So it's a pretty even fight from there on out. We work each other up to about 125% or over and Snakes knock Olimar off with a side smash attack. However, right away Olimar starts trowing some Pikmins while also grabbing and throwing Snake around, KO. Snake is at 1 stock and Olimar still has two. It's a fairly close battle as each player is up over 100% again and Olimar gets knocked off the side with some strong A attacks and then a lucky missle shot. However, Snake is already over 180% by the time this happens so it he is easily destroyed to end the round in Olimars favor.

cheapwiigamer 0, zitanix 1

Round 2:
Stage: Yoshi’s Island (New Brawl Map)
Players : cheapwiigamer – Snake, zitanix – Ike
Able to save replay – Will post when I figure out how

Snake threw a few grenades and Ike flew past him as Snake threw up his shield and Ike just fell off the board. Ike came back and got quite a few good hits to knock Snake up to around 70% . Snake fought back and put a choke hold on him, but Ike charged up his side smash as Snake was floating back to the board to knock him off around 110%. Snake decides that he should plant more bombs and mines around the edges to try and get his opponent to KO himself that way, but all attempts end in failure. Ike launches Snake off the board, but he can still recover. As Snake makes his recovery, he decides to land on a little platform on the side to avoid any sword attacks, but sure enough the platform disappears as Snake drops down to it, KO. Ike starts knocking around Snake and gets him up to 115%, but then Snake uses a quick shield block and dodge to get behind Ike and KO him off the screen at 170%. Soon after Ike knocks Snake in the air and uses his smash up attack and clears Snake right off the map as he bounces off the front of my TV set. Game

cheapwiigamer 0, zitanix 2

Winner: zitanix

You can save online replays the same way you save regular replays: on the winner screen, hit the Z button. Still has to be less than three minutes, but it's still the same.

I was trying to figure out how to upload it on to here, but I'll have to record it onto my digital camera and then upload it...I will if people want, but I don't know if many people will care.

no point spamming your PM box, so i'll just post on here

myself vs neil k

Victor: me :) he put up a great fight though, i was scared for my life :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']My PM box thanks you, maigo. =)[/quote]no problem, i can just imagine everyone here spamming you with win pm's ;)

Actually, not that many have been sent to me. No one seemed to have a problem with the tournament until yesterday/today, it seems. I'm sincerely hoping that there aren't a lot of people dropping out, since that would kinda, you know, hurt the tournament.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Since it seems that people have some scheduling issues with Tuesday at noon, I'll go ahead and extend it to Tuesday at...I guess Midnight.

And as for pairing information, I set up a bracket, so the only time randomness was in the equation was when I was initially sorting names for round 1.

Roster post should be updated by the time people read this.[/quote]

Many thanks! Now I just wait for a response from my opponent.

[quote name='hero101']I have to get pass round 1, I have a sudden urge to kill CK...from another game...[/QUOTE]
Uh oh. Better be wary, I play a mean Jigglypuff.

[quote name='suko_32']Out of curiosity, how bad is the lag for everyone else?[/QUOTE]
Depends on how many and who I am playing. Even though I have Red Orbs for almost everyone, if I'm just playing 1 person, theres usually a lot of input lag at the start of the match, and then it gets pretty good after about 10 seconds.

If I'm playing 4 people, its more like a slideshow.

[quote name='crystalklear64']
If I'm playing 4 people, its more like a slideshow.[/quote]

LOL! Isn't that the truth? And the worst thing is, even pushing start and dropping out is difficult due to lag.

Anyway, sounds like some good matches so far. I want to play!

yoursisterispretty vs. ArthurDigbySellers

Somehow I survived. Won both of the 2 matches we played. Lots of fun. Really surprised I came out on top, but it wasn't a blowout or anything. Came down to one remaining stock for both of us on each game.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty'] yoursisterispretty vs. ArthurDigbySellers

Somehow I survived. Won both of the 2 matches we played. Lots of fun. Really surprised I came out on top, but it wasn't a blowout or anything. Came down to one remaining stock for both of us on each game.
[/quote]

Sorry guys, I was totally trying to enter that match like a jackass too.

[quote name='dmunkee']Sorry guys, I was totally trying to enter that match like a jackass too.[/quote]

Ahh, that was you!!! I was like, who is this person? No big deal. We had to get the matches out of the way since I wouldn't be back home until after midnight his time.

[quote name='maigoyume']no point spamming your PM box, so i'll just post on here

myself vs neil k

Victor: me :) he put up a great fight though, i was scared for my life :lol:[/quote]

GG maigo...I'd like to try and blame it on the lag, but I think I would have lost even if we were sitting in the same room. Congrats! :applause:

[quote name='Purple Flames']I just lost to Sofa King Cool.

Excellent matches, man. Especially that second one.[/quote]

You mean the one that you won? :lol:

Very close at the end. I honestly thought you were going to pull through and beat me on the last match.

Good game man. If the matches get any harder, I'm not going to last much longer.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty'] yoursisterispretty vs. ArthurDigbySellers

[/quote]

Good games yoursis. Our second stage was WarioWare believe it or not. That was insane. I look forward to playing you again - in a non-tournament setting!

[quote name='dmunkee']Sorry guys, I was totally trying to enter that match like a jackass too.[/quote]

Not a problem. You had no idea it was our match. I was I could have stayed online after the match and we could have done a 3 man brawl but I am actually working so I had to run back to the computer after I was done.

Can we get a poll up for the most popular stages for this tournment? I never played online so I'm not sure what good or not. I'm going to need to train before I face Strell. I'm going to on the online discussion board before that.

I take it we pick our characters but leave the stage to random? Leave all items at default?

Also, as hero PM'd to me, I need to unlock more characters. I've only got Marth unlocked. All this time I've used the game for online matches, which leaves me ill-prepared. Oh well. The only person I think I'd use that requires unlocking is Luigi - the demon in green garb.

Luigi doesn't fuck around. He would be the Purple Punisher. Or Violet Viking. Or Indigo Immobilizer. Or Lilac Leviathan.

The Red Blue Royal Badass.

At least I won't have to deal with your Lucas shenanigans for a while, since we're on the opposite sides of the bracket. I don't know what it is about Lucas, but he's like kryptonite, or something.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']At least I won't have to deal with your Lucas shenanigans for a while, since we're on the opposite sides of the bracket. I don't know what it is about Lucas, but he's like kryptonite, or something.[/QUOTE]

Little fucker has an up smash from hell. Poor Ness got the EarthBound/Mother spotlight stolen from him.

[quote name='Strell']I take it we pick our characters but leave the stage to random? Leave all items at default?[/quote]

Read the OP, Jabroni.

RULES: One on one games. 3 Stock, best 2 out of 3, opponents agree on stages, no items. Any character is legal, whether unlocked or not. There will be another tournament with items on, but that will be at a later time.

See, I'll have plenty of time to harass the tourney players throughout this thread, seeing as I lost in the first round.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Read the OP, Jabroni.

RULES: One on one games. 3 Stock, best 2 out of 3, opponents agree on stages, no items. Any character is legal, whether unlocked or not. There will be another tournament with items on, but that will be at a later time.

See, I'll have plenty of time to harass the tourney players throughout this thread, seeing as I lost in the first round.[/QUOTE]

I'll be joining you too if I lose the second round!

I could train with you. I should be home by 6pm EST.
[quote name='UltimoRey']I can't play my foe till 11pm est. Anyone want to help me train?[/quote]

I'm a pretty open person on stages, but I'll be damned if I have to go to New Pork City. I have nothing but spite for that stage now.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm a pretty open person on stages, but I'll be damned if I have to go to New Pork City. I have nothing but spite for that stage now.[/quote]

WarioWare was pretty awesome in a tourney setting. Almost like having items...but without items.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'm a pretty open person on stages, but I'll be damned if I have to go to New Pork City. I have nothing but spite for that stage now.[/QUOTE]

You'd even be willing to fight on the Game & Watch stage? :)

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Read the OP, Jabroni.
[/QUOTE]

What's that?

I couldn't hear you. I put you to bed last week.

I blame my hatred of Lucas and New Pork City on the fact that I never played Earthbound as a child. I didn't know that something as trivial as that could come back and bite me like this.

bread's done
Back