The One and The Only Playmaker OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAYMAKER!

Not many people will be able to appreciate this title.

Do all CAGs have that idiotic part of the brain that, when in the game store, they see a cheap game and ignore all the bad press it gets, thinking they should buy it because it is cheap?

I've never spent more than a second considering Enchanted Arms in my life, but now that it's $20 on the PS3, I took a gander at that box for quite some time. Eventually, I snapped out of it, thinking "waitaminute: this didn't become $20 because it was AWESOME. It became $20 because it is TERRIBLE."

[quote name='mykevermin']Do all CAGs have that idiotic part of the brain that, when in the game store, they see a cheap game and ignore all the bad press it gets, thinking they should buy it because it is cheap?

I've never spent more than a second considering Enchanted Arms in my life, but now that it's $20 on the PS3, I took a gander at that box for quite some time. Eventually, I snapped out of it, thinking "waitaminute: this didn't become $20 because it was AWESOME. It became $20 because it is TERRIBLE."[/QUOTE]
I own Enchanted Arms. It's surprisingly pretty good, in my opinion.

And, yes; we all have that glitch in our brains.

[quote name='mykevermin']Do all CAGs have that idiotic part of the brain that, when in the game store, they see a cheap game and ignore all the bad press it gets, thinking they should buy it because it is cheap?

I've never spent more than a second considering Enchanted Arms in my life, but now that it's $20 on the PS3, I took a gander at that box for quite some time. Eventually, I snapped out of it, thinking "waitaminute: this didn't become $20 because it was AWESOME. It became $20 because it is TERRIBLE."[/quote]
Without much speculation here, I think (at least, this was most often the case with me) that buying a cheap, yet poorly-reviewed game, is a result of prior interest in the game, yet an unwillingness to purchase the game at full retail price.

For example, I would never pay $59.99 for Enchanted Arms, but I certainly had interest in it. If it hit $10, I might purchase it, as there is a chance I would enjoy it. If I don't like it that much, it's only $10.

I mean, there are always games that pique your interest on release, but poor reviews steer you away from them.

I usually only do that when it's one of the first cheap games available for a new system. Like when I bought an Army Men game (Sarge's Heroes?) for ps2 because it was one of the first games I had ever seen for 20 bucks.

The only time I buy a really bad game for cheap is when it's a series or something I really like. For example, I bought Star Trek Legacy at $20 even though I knew it would suck because I'm a Trekkie.

[quote name='Hex']Moxio.[/QUOTE]
Is that really the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Tits"?

I wish I had 500 dollars to get a PS3. Maybe I could whore myself out to a fat chick...or something.

There is good news however, as I am currently on my way to a 4.0 in the summer semester with less than a month of classes left. I would then force my family/the government to buy me a ps3.

I've never spent more than a second considering Enchanted Arms in my life, but now that it's $20 on the PS3, I took a gander at that box for quite some time. Eventually, I snapped out of it, thinking "waitaminute: this didn't become $20 because it was AWESOME. It became $20 because it is TERRIBLE."[/QUOTE]
I almost bought a copy of The Ripping Friends for the GBA because it was five bucks a few days ago. :whistle2:(

Of course, I was also dealing with rejection then - FYE had a copy of Baten Kaitos Origins that rang up at the $10 sale price it had back in March, but the stupid shedevil who was working the register told me I had to pay $40 anyway.

I should go back to FYE later on and hope someone else is working. Maybe if I tell them one of my friends found it for $10 before they scan it, they'll actually sell it to me... :whistle2:k

Worse for me though, is the fact that I buy a lot of games that are considered "great" for cheap, even though I'll probably hardly play them. I just finished buying the top 20 or so XBox1 games, even though I haven't flipped on my XBox1 in over a month.

I've got Enchanted Arms in my 360 backlog... 'cause it was cheap at the GR clearance a while back. I've got ten kinds of glitched going on with me, or at least I used to... I've been backing away slowly from the temptation of cheap games.

Absolute low point? Risk/Clue/Battleship for the GBA. :D

Talking about PS3, I totally forgot about Socom. I used to play a lot on PS2, so the next Socom will probably get me back into it (and hopefully back into online gaming).

I remember a few years back, when I bought Big Mutha Truckers for the PS2, because it was, I believe, the first $19.99 release. That was the only reason.

I took it over to my friend's apartment, played it and left it over there for - I shit you not - four years. It never stepped foot in my home.

I remember when I started playing it, my friend and I were sitting on the couch and we did that thing where we slowly turn our heads away from the television, simultaneously, to look at one another's face for their like-minded "This is AIDS" disapproval.

[quote name='Scobie']I've got Enchanted Arms in my 360 backlog... 'cause it was cheap at the GR clearance a while back. I've got ten kinds of glitched going on with me, or at least I used to... I've been backing away slowly from the temptation of cheap games.

Absolute low point? Risk/Clue/Battleship for the GBA. :D[/quote]

That's not too bad a low point. I bought Eternal Ring (PS2) at CC's $4.99 sale a few Summers ago. I never played it, but still, I bought it. Oh, and Barbarian (PS2). I ended up returning that to Toys R' Us and buying Disgaea.

[quote name='Brak']I remember a few years back, when I bought Big Mutha Truckers for the PS2, because it was, I believe, the first $19.99 release. That was the only reason.

I took it over to my friend's apartment, played it and left it over there for - I shit you not - four years. It never stepped foot in my home.

I remember when I started playing it, my friend and I were sitting on the couch and we did that thing where we slowly turn our heads away from the television, simultaneously, to look at one another's face for their like-minded "This is AIDS" disapproval.[/QUOTE]

I think that one came out on PC too, and I downloaded the demo and it took me about 10 seconds to realize how lame it was.

[quote name='prmononoke']Talking about PS3, I totally forgot about Socom. I used to play a lot on PS2, so the next Socom will probably get me back into it (and hopefully back into online gaming).[/QUOTE]
I still play SOCOM on the ps2, but it is certainly beyond it's prime. They are coming out with a new one sometime this year I think, but it is online only(Whatever, not like people actually play single player) and they are handing the production over to some other company so that Zipper can work on SOCOM 4, or so I hear. If I had a PS3 I'd be all over both of them as I love the game, but MGS4 is still the one game that will force me to buy a PS3, especially as more and more details surface.

[quote name='Rocko']...Who are you, OP?[/QUOTE]
It's Playmaker, nucca.

[quote name='Eviltude']I still play SOCOM on the ps2, but it is certainly beyond it's prime. They are coming out with a new one sometime this year I think, but it is online only(Whatever, not like people actually play single player) and they are handing the production over to some other company so that Zipper can work on SOCOM 4, or so I hear. If I had a PS3 I'd be all over both of them as I love the game, but MGS4 is still the one game that will force me to buy a PS3, especially as more and more details surface.[/quote]
Socom: Confrontation? It says it's aka Socom 4, but Zipper isn't the developer for it. Hopefully Zipper is making another one, as I haven't really played Socom since 2, and I probably wouldn't play a non-Zipper delevoped Socom.

Also, I'll probably pick up a PS3 in September, but there's no doubt I'll have one by the time MGS 4 comes out. Unfortunately, it looks like it's being pushed to '08, which would suck, as I'll be in school during the Winter/Spring.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vFlBJ1xZK10[/media]

The video for Crystal Cat kicks too much ass.

[quote name='prmononoke']Indeed it does. I noticed you said you were burning two Dan Deacon cds the other day. May I ask which ones?[/QUOTE]
Spider-Man of the Rings and Twacky Cats.

Hmmmm...

So, now I understand the 24 minute Circuit City guarantee: Place an order then wait going on 2 hrs for the confirmation email. What's another 24 minutes after that?

[quote name='Brak']Spider-Man of the Rings and Twacky Cats.[/quote]
Those are the two I have downloaded. I can't seem to find anything else other than Acorn Master. A bit annoying, as he has several more albums/EPs.

Although those two are fantastic.

[quote name='prmononoke']Those are the two I have downloaded. I can't seem to find anything else other than Acorn Master. A bit annoying, as he has several more albums/EPs.

Although those two are fantastic.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I think I saw one other EP, or something, on OiNK. I wish there was more.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Hmmmm...

So, now I understand the 24 minute Circuit City guarantee: Place an order then wait going on 2 hrs for the confirmation email. What's another 24 minutes after that?[/QUOTE]

Thats stupid.

Can we at least get a picture of the playmaker in the OP?

And I call the next OTT if I am around. I have a pretty good idea for a title.

[quote name='prmononoke'] Socom: Confrontation? It says it's aka Socom 4, but Zipper isn't the developer for it. Hopefully Zipper is making another one, as I haven't really played Socom since 2, and I probably wouldn't play a non-Zipper delevoped Socom.

Also, I'll probably pick up a PS3 in September, but there's no doubt I'll have one by the time MGS 4 comes out. Unfortunately, it looks like it's being pushed to '08, which would suck, as I'll be in school during the Winter/Spring.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats it, but I heard that Zipper was working on another. I would gladly purchase and play a non-Zipper SOCOM game, as Zipper has slipped up considerably from 1 and 2 and don't care that their main title out right now is going down the shitter(Who would though? They aren't getting paid anymore).

...*Sneeze*

[quote name='Brak']It's Playmaker, nucca.[/quote]

H-Town Info is Playmaker?

Also, the guy didn't send my $40 BB gift card today. -_- :roll:

[quote name='Rocko']H-Town Info is Playmaker?[/QUOTE]
You're damned straight.

[quote name='Brak']Yeah. I think I saw one other EP, or something, on OiNK. I wish there was more.[/quote]

If I find anymore, I'll let you know.

[quote name='Eviltude']Yeah thats it, but I heard that Zipper was working on another. I would gladly purchase and play a non-Zipper SOCOM game, as Zipper has slipped up considerably from 1 and 2 and don't care that their main title out right now is going down the shitter(Who would though? They aren't getting paid anymore).

...*Sneeze*[/quote]

I guess you're right about that. Socom 3 seemed mediocre to me, and I'm pretty sure I stopped playing after a few weeks. I suppose I'll have to take a "wait and see" approach to this non-Zipper Socom.

Hola OTT. I'm back already. Funny story ... so my friends and I are going around town collecting stuff for the Live Earth concert in New Jersey (ice, beer, various licquors, some other stuff) and after about 30 mins + of messing around we're finally ready to get rolling. So there we are strolling down the highway and we get about 15 minutes out of town and my buddy stops at a station for gas. He puts fucking diesel in '96 Saturn by accident and bricks the car. So we were stranded there for about an hour and I finally got my parents to come get me and give me a ride home. And now here I sit at my house instead of rockin out at the Live Earth concert. *cue Price is Right failure music*

[quote name='Maklershed']Hola OTT. I'm back already. Funny story ... so my friends and I are going around town collecting stuff for the Live Earth concert in New Jersey (ice, beer, various licquors, some other stuff) and after about 30 mins + of messing around we're finally ready to get rolling. So there we are strolling down the highway and we get about 15 minutes out of town and my buddy stops at a station for gas. He puts fucking diesel in '96 Saturn by accident and bricks the car. So we were stranded there for about an hour and I finally got my parents to come get me and give me a ride home. And now here I sit at my house instead of rockin out at the Live Earth concert. *cue Price is Right failure music*[/QUOTE]
Did you ATLEAST slap him for being a retard? Also, aren't you in your 20's? I wouldn't have made that mistake when I first started driving, much less years down the road. Did you atleast start drinking whilst you whaited?

[quote name='Maklershed']Hola OTT. I'm back already. Funny story ... so my friends and I are going around town collecting stuff for the Live Earth concert in New Jersey (ice, beer, various licquors, some other stuff) and after about 30 mins + of messing around we're finally ready to get rolling. So there we are strolling down the highway and we get about 15 minutes out of town and my buddy stops at a station for gas. He puts fucking diesel in '96 Saturn by accident and bricks the car. So we were stranded there for about an hour and I finally got my parents to come get me and give me a ride home. And now here I sit at my house instead of rockin out at the Live Earth concert. *cue Price is Right failure music*[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Eviltude']Did you ATLEAST slap him for being a retard? Also, aren't you in your 20's? I wouldn't have made that mistake when I first started driving, much less years down the road. Did you atleast start drinking whilst you whaited?[/quote]
No slap. Yes I'm in my 20s as well as my friends but we're all retarded. And except for the driver we were drinking before and during the ride but not while we were at the gas station .. no need for cameras and other customers to see that. Oh well. The pre-game and short car ride was fun. And its probably for the best we didnt make it there. I'm sure at least one of the people in our crew would've been arrested.

Every time I get a haircut the stylist tells me how beautiful and thick and shiny it is, and how there's "just so much of it!"

One of these days I really should reply "just like my semen". :whistle2:k

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Every time I get a haircut the stylist tells me how beautiful and thick and shiny it is, and how there's "just so much of it!"

One of these days I really should reply "just like my semen". :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

My barber doesn't even talk to my anymore. Wait. wait why the fuck are you going to a stylist? Your a man damn it. You go to barber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back