The one game you would never trade/sell...

The "never say never" doesn't apply to me as I have only gotten rid of 3 games in the past 6 months. Only reason I did was that I took them into GS for their trade in 3 get an extra 10 promo. Plus, all of them I can easily rebuy for 3 bucks or less anyhow...

As for my copy of Snatcher, oh hell no! My favorite game of all time, not to mention my name sake on here and Live

Obviously every game has a price, namely, the price you could buy another copy of the same game in the same condition for with money left over. However, I think with that mindset, people are missing the point of the OP. :D

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']The "never say never" doesn't apply to me as I have only gotten rid of 3 games in the past 6 months. Only reason I did was that I took them into GS for their trade in 3 get an extra 10 promo. Plus, all of them I can easily rebuy for 3 bucks or less anyhow...

As for my copy of Snatcher, oh hell no! My favorite game of all time, not to mention my name sake on here and Live[/quote]

I do have to admit, If I was to drop the dime on any system and game, it would be on a sega cd just to play snatcher but then again, once I played it, I would most likely end up selling it..

Resident Evil 4, its the only game I beat more then twice (9 times to be excat), and I still play it here and there today.

Tekken Tag Tournament for PS2 is the only game in my collection that I've owned for over 2 years I think. I always sell my stuff, but I'm probably going to keep that forever.

I have never traded in a game yet, though I did sell Dragonball GT on eBay back when it was going for $300ish before they reprinted it. If I had to choose one game to absolutely keep I would either be Disgaea or River City Ransom because of the repeat play value.

If I had to choose one game to keep it would be my all-time favorite: Mario 64

Honorable Mentions:
Castlevania: SotN
Cybernator
Dino Crisis 2
Final Fantasy
Harvest Moon (GB)
Spinter Cell: Chaos Theory LE (XBox)
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Zelda CE

Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow - SNES

- There was a special version that disney made just for the Sega Channel back in the day. I was the tester that BROKE the game so badly, Disney had to re-rev it and sent us T-shirts as a thank you. I still have the T-Shirt too. :D

Vectorman 2 - Genesis

- First Videogame I ever got my name IN the game credits.

Guardian Heroes - Saturn

- Seriously, does I have to have a reason to keep this treasure?

X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Saturn(JP)

- Two words, Arcade Perfect. Three more words. No Load Times.

[quote name='daphatty']
Vectorman 2 - Genesis

- First Videogame I ever got my name IN the game credits.
[/quote] Ha, that's a good point... I guess Lords of Magic: SE (PC) is another never-sell game. :D Particularly since it's the first and last game my name will be in the credits.

Legend of Zelda

My NES even quite working sometime ago and I sold almost all my games for it (save that and a couple rare ones), but I'd never ever part with Zelda because I put alot into that game when I was a kid and nearly all of my early memories as a gamer are tied to it.

Mine used to be a mint/complete Panzer Dragoon Saga, Suikoden II (I actually purchased it the day it came out), Valkyrie Profile (bought at TRU for $10 bucks) and Einhander (also purchased on release date).. then I needed some extra cash about a year and a half ago, and sold them all at the same time.

Honestly, I kind of regret it now.. but at the same time, I know that I would likely have never played them. My advice is that if anyone sells their prized games, think really long and hard about it. It comes down to the old question of which is more important, I guess.

Probably Triad Stone for the Mega LD, mostly because it would likely be the hardest to replace in the same condition as mine. For other reasons, it would be Final Fantasy II (IV) on the SNES. Not my favorite in the series (third behind X and VII), but truely a piece of my childhood and still one of my favorite games.

Earthbound - I love this game. It cant be expressed in words.

Others I cant part with:
Mario RPG
Yoshi's Island
Castlevania 4 (sealed)
Castlevania SotN
Super Metroid
Lunar 1 & 2 PSX
Capcom Dreamcast games

Madden 2003!

Not because I'm supposedly this rabid EA fanboy, but because that game isn't worth the ten cents I would get from EB or GameStop for it. I figure I'll come across a nephew or cousin one day that is dumb enough to trade me his copy of Chrono Trigger for it (happened once before!).

Final Fantasy III on Super Nintendo.

The only game I have left from my childhood, and an awesome one at that. I had loaned it to my best friends down the street when I got rid of the snes to get a 64. Halfway through College we were going through some things and found it - mint - complete.

Nostalgia + Awesome Game + Connection to lifelong friends = never sell

- Some of my favorite games:

:xbox:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Halo 2: Collector's Edition

:ps2:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

:gc:
Resident Evil 4: Gamestop Collector's Tin
Super Smash Bros. Melee

:360:
Elder Scrolls IV: Collector's Edition

N64
Goldeneye 007
Star Fox 64
WWF No Mercy

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']The "never say never" doesn't apply to me as I have only gotten rid of 3 games in the past 6 months. Only reason I did was that I took them into GS for their trade in 3 get an extra 10 promo. Plus, all of them I can easily rebuy for 3 bucks or less anyhow...

As for my copy of Snatcher, oh hell no! My favorite game of all time, not to mention my name sake on here and Live[/quote]

Man, I've always wanted to play that game. You're one lucky fellow. Nice picks by the way, everyone. This is very interesting to read.

[quote name='tenzor']Resident Evil 4, its the only game I beat more then twice (9 times to be excat), and I still play it here and there today.[/QUOTE]

damn boy...9 times??? by the third round you should have enough money for the inf rocket launcher.

one shot one kill isn't fun after a few runs :(

bread's done
Back