The Opie And Anthony Show Thread

The Dord

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Please discuss the O&A show in this thread. I made it so I won't get into a flamefest with people who can't see any other side than Stern Love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opie_and_Anthony

OPIE_AND_ANTHONY.sff_NYR103_20060623140947.jpg

Opie (Gregg Hughes, b. May 23, 1963) and Anthony (Anthony Cumia, b. April 26, 1961) are the hosts of The Opie & Anthony Show, a talk radio program airing on XM Satellite Radio, DirecTV, and terrestrial radio stations nationwide. It is co-hosted by stand up comedian Jim Norton. The show is currently based in New York City; it was previously on WNEW-FM in New York, and prior to that, on WAAF-FM in Worcester, MA.

The show airs weekdays live from 6am ET through 11am. The first three hours of The Opie & Anthony Show (at 6-9 am) are broadcast from CBS Radio's WFNY-FM 92.3 FREE FM studio in New York and are simulcast on XM uncensored. From 9am through 11am, Opie and Anthony broadcast exclusively on XM Radio Channel 202 "The Virus". If the live show is not running long, a "worst-of" segment will be broadcast from 11am to 12pm. Replays are available throughout the day on their XM channel as well as on Direct TV channel 879.

On April 26, 2006, Opie and Anthony returned to the terrestrial airwaves after a four year absence, replacing on CBS Radio stations the David Lee Roth Show which aired mainly on the east coast of the United States. On August 1, 2006, they replaced the low-rated Rover's Morning Glory in Chicago. Syndication of The Opie & Anthony Show is handled by Robert Eatman Enterprises[1]. NewsMax.com Magazine's "Top 25 Talk Radio Host" list selected Opie and Anthony as the fifteenth most influential host in the nation.[2]

Interesting Tidbit: O&A's XM contract has been renewed until October 2010.

Current Stations that can be heard on:

XM Satellite Radio - Channel 202: High Voltage. Every weekday from 6am to Noon, with replays throughout the day. All uncut, uncensored, and totally filthy.

New York City: 92.3 FreeFM WFNY (online stream available)
Philadelphia: 94.1 FreeFM WYSP (online stream available)
Dallas: 105.3 FM KLLI (online stream available)
Boston: 104.1 FM WBCN
Pittsburgh: 93.7 FM WRKZ
Cleveland: 92.3 Fm WXRK (show airs from 3pm - 6pm)
West Palm Beach: 103.1 FM WPBZ
Detroit: 97.1 FreeFM WKRK (show airs from 6am - 9am)
Columbus: 107.1 FM WAZU (show airs from 3pm - 6pm)
Rochester: 94.1 FM WZNE (show airs from 2pm - 5pm)
Washington, DC: 106.7 FreeFM WJFK (show airs from 10am - 1pm)
Chicago, IL- 105.9 Free FM WCKG (online stream available)
San Francisco, CA - 106.9 Free FM KIFR (show airs from 10am - 1pm) (online stream available)
Providence, RI - WSKO 790 AM and 99.7 FM
New London, CT - WMOS 104.7 FM
Grand Rapids, MI - WKLQ 107.3 FM
Albuquerque, NM - KBZU 96.3 FM (show airs from 4pm - 7pm)
Portland, ME - WCYY 93.9FM & 94.3FM
Buffalo, NY - WEDG 103.3 FM
Baton Rouge, LA - KRDJ 93.7 FM
Tucson, AZ - 107.5 FM KHYT (online stream available)
Cape Cod, MA - 102.9 FM WPXC Pixy 103
Las Vegas, NV - 107.5 FM KXTE XTXREME ROCK RADIO (show airs from 10am - 1pm)
Flint, MI - 1330 AM WTRX Sports Xtra (show airs from 6am - 9am)
Syracuse, NY - 95.7 FM WAQX 95X (online stream available
-- 25 terrestial stations so far --

Relevant Websites:

http://www.opieandanthony.com Main Site
http://www.wackbag.com Fansite, unlike Sternfannetwork, you can speak your mind w/out getting banned.

I will post in this thread from time-to-time. Any news and/or info could be added here. (I don't have XM anymore, but would like to keep up on the bbboys.)

Please, no trolling in this thread even if your a hardcore Stern Fan.

[quote name='camoor']Yeah, as far as stupid entertainment goes, O&A kick Howard Stern's ass.[/QUOTE]

Is this an insult or a compliment? :wave:

Good O'l Jimmy Norton is the funny;

Jim Norton (born July 19, 1968) is a professional comedian born and raised in New Jersey. He is heard on nationally syndicated radio program The Opie and Anthony Show. He appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno four times; co-starred in the short-lived HBO series Lucky Louie; and had a cameo appearance in the film Spider-Man. He is best known for his so-called "cringe humor" style, in which jokes are made at the expense of extremely sensitive and uncomfortable subjects.

I have listened to them in Chicago, and I've found some stuff hilarious, some stuff dragged on too long. I also think they're not thinking globally, as they rely on a lot of location issues for humor, and if they're satellite/syndicated, that's a problem.

Depending on the topic, I don't mind listening to them. I'd take them over Stern.

Norton was funnier before he was on O&A's show.

I'm originally from Cleveland, and their show got pulled thanks to that "Sex for Beer" stunt they pulled. We also had Rover's Morning Glory (originally, I believe) before he went to Chicago.

Everyone should listen to Leykis.

[quote name='JJSP']Norton was funnier before he was on O&A's show.

I'm originally from Cleveland, and their show got pulled thanks to that "Sex for Beer" stunt they pulled. We also had Rover's Morning Glory (originally, I believe) before he went to Chicago.

Everyone should listen to Leykis.[/QUOTE]

Leykis has the fakiest voice, you should hear him off-air. It's like two completely diffrent people. He was okay for a while, but meh. I either like my talk radio for 1. news or 2. entertainment.

I used to love when Lovelines had Dr. Drew and Corolla together, but thats not true anymore and it went down the poopah.

I just like O&A more since they aren't afraid of stereotypes and being too "PC".

Now only if DirectTV would let me record Audio-Only channels, since I get them that way right now but I'm not usually up that early in the morning.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Too bad there's no station in St. Louis. All we have is Bob and Tom.[/QUOTE]

They are also on DirecTV if you have that.

[quote name='The Dord']They are also on DirecTV if you have that.[/QUOTE] Nope, cable. Though I guess I could stream it from the website of one of the stations that does carry it?

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Nope, cable. Though I guess I could stream it from the website of one of the stations that does carry it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, many FreeFM stations have online streaming.

I've been a member of Wackbag for about 2 years now .... but I don't really catch the show as I used to. if I remember right, the show's also available for download through Audible or through less legal means.

By the way, I'd highly suggest getting Norton's One Night Stand DVD through Amazon - $13.

here's the amazon link to buy: http://tinyurl.com/2jksx3

o & a are great
a bit complainy sometimes but they kikc the crap out of howard stern's last fer months on terrestrial radio (no idea how it is now).

the egg nog challenge was fucking sick.

Ron & Fez are the deal!!!

O&A and Howard are basically the same format type show, but Ron Bennington is the funniest guy on the radio.

[quote name='ronnydobbs']Ron & Fez are the deal!!!

O&A and Howard are basically the same format type show, but Ron Bennington is the funniest guy on the radio.[/QUOTE]

If i had XM again, it would be for Ron & Fez because they are little ahead of O&A on the comedy.

My city never gets any good talk radio... All we had was Loveline and I don't even know if they air that anymore... I doubt it.

bread's done
Back