The Orange Box - Out Now

[quote name='darthbudge']Yeah I ordered from GS with overnight shipping and it said mine shipped today but my tracking number is isn't working either. My Guess? They sent it out today with 2 day shipping instead of tommorow with overnight.[/QUOTE]
Tracking number works now, and it says "out for delivery." I'll be playing it tonight!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Tracking number works now, and it says "out for delivery." I'll be playing it tonight![/quote]

Seconded! Hooray! Although I got the PC version, so does that mean I will have to wait until midnight to play it though?

I'll preorder today. I can't get it yet, but I did just get a new job (yay me), and I have a $5 gift card for being one of the first 20 people in line for Halo 3 at my Gamestop (I was first, I should of got more) -- so while it's $5 cheaper, I might as well, that's $10 off for me, since the gift card was free.

mines out for delievery now 2, can't wait to play. anyone up for some TF2 tonight?

EDIT: Just got mine, gonna play for a little before i got to go to class

How come there are no reviews for this game yet? I'm assuming critics don't even have it yet which is usually a bad sign. I have mine preordered, but this makes me mildly concerned.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']How come there are no reviews for this game yet? I'm assuming critics don't even have it yet which is usually a bad sign. I have mine preordered, but this makes me mildly concerned.[/quote]

I am not worried, Valve makes good products and they probably said that nobody could review it until it is open to the public.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']How come there are no reviews for this game yet? I'm assuming critics don't even have it yet which is usually a bad sign. I have mine preordered, but this makes me mildly concerned.[/QUOTE]

Critics have it. PCgamer already gave The Orange Box a 94%. They have been talking about it on the 1up yours and GFW radio podcasts, and have had nothing but great things to say about it. Plus people have been playing the TF2 beta (which is really the final game more or less) for weeks and I've heard nothing but positive comments.

This isn't a situation where Valve is trying to hide the release, I think it's probably just embargoed until release.

[quote name='Staind204']Which games on this are co op local campaign or multiplayer? Thanks and please specify the game title and if its co op/MP or both.[/quote]

TF2 is MP. That is it.

[quote name='twen']I'll preorder today.[/quote]
I think you're missing the point of preordering. The point of preordering is so the company can send off a certain number of copies to have at the store. Preordering a day early is doing nothing but reserving the first available copy. At this point, it'd make no difference if you PO'ed or not.

//edit: And if you're talking about the 54.99, that's already ended since the warehouses received it today.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200198

Whelp, hopefully I find two other games to go along with this for the alleged TRU sale on Sunday. I'm dreading going to TRU on a Sunday morning though, assuming there actually is a sale. :p

Got my Orange Box today, shipped overnight from ebgames.com ($54.99 with free ship). Great deal. Great game.

It's 1 disc for those who are wondering.

There was almost no one online, so I didn't get a good first impression of TF2. I'll play more tomorrow when more people are on.

HL2 has aged pretty well, but I wish they would have worked on the horrendous load times.

EP2 I didn't try because I never finished EP1.

Portal is amazing. I love it so far.

Great game overall.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Got my Orange Box today, shipped overnight from ebgames.com ($54.99 with free ship). Great deal. Great game.

It's 1 disc for those who are wondering.

There was almost no one online, so I didn't get a good first impression of TF2. I'll play more tomorrow when more people are on.

HL2 has aged pretty well, but I wish they would have worked on the horrendous load times.

EP2 I didn't try because I never finished EP1.

Portal is amazing. I love it so far.

Great game overall.[/quote]
That really sucks.I bought mine from lion games for $62 and it still hasnt shipped yet.:cry:Next time Ill just go EB games.

Played half life 2 for about 2 hours yesterday, the load times do take away from the game, but not enough to make it bad. I also tryed to play TF2 yesterday and I wasn't able to find a match. Played Portal for about an hour until I got to a stage where I had to think about it for a little while until i knew what to do so I just ended it since I had already been playin for a while. Great value in the game, lookin forward to TF2 today

I've been beta testing TF2 so I already knew that the TF2 was worth $60 bucks alone.

I stayed up till 5 a.m. playing Portal. That game is fucking amazingly awesome and I can't wait to see how this ties to Black Mesa/Half Life 2. I have heard that there is some wicked connection between the two along the lines that while this is happening Gordon is going through Black Mesa. All I know is that this game makes you feel so Effin' smart. The announcer is histarical also, "The following training module is slightly weighted, weighted in the fact that you can die. Good luck."

[quote name='Maynard']I've been beta testing TF2 so I already knew that the TF2 was worth $60 bucks alone.

I stayed up till 5 a.m. playing Portal. That game is fucking amazingly awesome and I can't wait to see how this ties to Black Mesa/Half Life 2. I have heard that there is some wicked connection between the two along the lines that while this is happening Gordon is going through Black Mesa. All I know is that this game makes you feel so Effin' smart. The announcer is histarical also, "The following training module is slightly weighted, weighted in the fact that you can die. Good luck."[/quote]I was under the impression that Portal was a stand-alone puzzle game whose only connection to Half-Life 2 was the source engine. Is that not the case?

[quote name='daroga']I was under the impression that Portal was a stand-alone puzzle game whose only connection to Half-Life 2 was the source engine. Is that not the case?[/quote]

I guess we will find out, but their is a lot of rumors surrounding the game. I have started to find scribbling on the wall, but nothing really pertains to HL2 yet.......

[quote name='Scorch']Just like HL2's DM mode. HL2DM is horrible.[/QUOTE]
Well you have to admit. Shooting toilets at peoples faces was amusing for the first few minutes :lol:

[quote name='mrelusive']Well you have to admit. Shooting toilets at peoples faces was amusing for the first few minutes :lol:[/quote]

I'm not saying it wasn't. When the DM was first released, finding bugs was fun as hell. I used the gravity gun to (very, very slowly) shoot a car all the way up a flight of stairs and onto the roof. It got wedged a few times, lots of people died, but it was fun.

I picked up OB on 360 AND PC. Primarily because I still have a LOT of PC friends that play TFC and will migrate to TF2. Sadly, I won't get a chance to play OB until either very late tonight, or tomorrow night.

But the good thing.. is that i'm on Fall Break after tomorrow.. there will be a lot of OB being played over the next week.

Hm, so the load times for HL2 are still poor? So do I spend $38+tax for PC, or $xx.xx for 360? How're teh controls on 360?

[quote name='gunm']Hm, so the load times for HL2 are still poor? So do I spend $38+tax for PC, or $xx.xx for 360? How're teh controls on 360?[/QUOTE]

The IGN review says HL2 is a port of the Xbox version with higher resolution and a better framerate, but that there is still some slowdown. :shock:

also, the 360 Orange Box is locked at 30fps. Get the pc version...unless you want achievements and XBL mp.

[quote name='Apossum']The IGN review says HL2 is a port of the Xbox version with higher resolution and a better framerate, but that there is still some slowdown. :shock:.[/QUOTE]
My PC rig is pretty crap and even that didn't get any slow-downs with HL2 o_O That's not right...

[quote name='Apossum']The IGN review says HL2 is a port of the Xbox version with higher resolution and a better framerate, but that there is still some slowdown. :shock:

also, the 360 Orange Box is locked at 30fps. Get the pc version...unless you want achievements and XBL mp.[/QUOTE]
Damn it.

I wish I would have noticed that before I ordered it.

Oh well. I might just throw it on ebay then and grab the PC version while it's still on sale. My PC is over 2 years old, but it ran HL2 great.

Lame.

Well, I actually got the PC version instead of the 360. From what I was reading there were some "framey" issues in the review code for TF2 on the 360. My PC isn't a stunner by any means, but I can make the game run smooth enough with the bells and whistles turned off.

Hopefully they fixed that in the final release for everyone who picked it up for the 360.

EP 2 is the shit btw, get on that pronto :)

[quote name='whoknows']Damn it.

I wish I would have noticed that before I ordered it.

Oh well. I might just throw it on ebay then and grab the PC version while it's still on sale. My PC is over 2 years old, but it ran HL2 great.

Lame.[/QUOTE]
The source engine today will eat your machine alive. I run an x6800 w/ 8800 640 oc'd to 660 927 and it runs cs:s at 140 with 4xaa 1900x1200 and all setts to max. In tf2 and portal it sometimes gets as low as 40 using the same setts so i turned off aa so it doesn't get below 60.

[quote name='Apossum']The IGN review says HL2 is a port of the Xbox version with higher resolution and a better framerate, but that there is still some slowdown. :shock: [/QUOTE]

That almost kills it for me :(

bread's done
Back