The Oregon Trail

[quote name='chosen1s']Anybody ever play "Hot Dog Stand"? It was a game that was supposed to teach you about buying and selling and how they relate to conditions like weather, price, etc.

My favorite was setting the price at $100 per hot dog. Some moron always bought the hot dog...[/quote]it was probably your mom

Gametap has three different version of Oregon Trail. I have no idea what the difference between each of them is.

Someone asked about burial in Oregon Trail II and I have an answer. Apparently failing to bury someone dropped the caravan's morale by 1/3 which would probably get you fired if you started at a rank above greenhorn.

I never really had to deal with the consequences because I'm a pansy and I played as a greenhorn doctor, and even then half my people died. Also I probably shouldn't have tried to cross that frozen river while carrying 700+ lbs of meat in an extra wagon. :/

I have a link for an abandonware site that had Oregon Trail on it on my PC at home, I'll look for it when I get a chance tonight.

Does anybody else remember a fish game where you could defeat other fish, but there was some otter you couldn't defeat? I played it in elementary school in Atwater, CA on an Apple II (along with Number Munchers and Oregon Trail).. but could never remember the damned name of the game.

I guess the school system there was cutting edge in comparison to California.. I think they still teach typing class on typewriters in the Alabama school system.

I decided to play Oregon Trail just now, and I made it to Willamette Valley without a single death! :D

For the heck of it, I played through again doing everything wrong... and made it about half way. :D I left with 1 pound of food, set the pace to grueling, and I tried to ford every river I could.

@Skylander7:

That fish game... is it Odell Down Under? You start off as some sort of fish and eat progressively larger fish while avoiding those larger than you. I never played it much, but I still have a copy from when my grandparents bought me a bunch of educational games.

[quote name='Skylander7']I have a link for an abandonware site that had Oregon Trail on it on my PC at home, I'll look for it when I get a chance tonight.

Does anybody else remember a fish game where you could defeat other fish, but there was some otter you couldn't defeat? I played it in elementary school in Atwater, CA on an Apple II (along with Number Munchers and Oregon Trail).. but could never remember the damned name of the game.

I guess the school system there was cutting edge in comparison to California.. I think they still teach typing class on typewriters in the Alabama school system.[/quote]

Odell Down Under maybe. That was a fish game I played in elementary :)

I also enjoyed Agent USA. Those damn Fuzzbodies. Has anyone here ever beat it? I remember you had to get 100 crystals to beat the Fuzzbomb.

Ahhh... Apple II 80s gaming at it's finest.

Do you know what's bullsit? Nowbody know's an easy, fast, effective, efficient way to find the original OREGON TRAIL GAME. I played this pathetic but fun game as a kid yet it is impossibile to find for free. Please help!

Sincerly,

Stranded and Abandoned

P.S. The stock market blows.

Do you know what's bullsit? I can't read my posts on this forum for one. Also, there is know easy way to play the original Oregon Trail game for free. If you know you are god. I want to puke when I see posts with someone else posting their free advertising garbage. You are retarded! Tell me what I have a mutual interest in or get lost.

Bit torrent is slow as ***********, and limewire is a joke. What is a brother to do to get some Oregon trail original. Dis is bullsit. You know the ? how many licks does it get to the center of a tootsie pop! How many posts does it take to get OREGON TRAIL for free. I'll be dead from dysentery shortly; time is wasting.

Sincerely

Wasted

P.S. I don't want to answer a questionare or deal with a credit card payment of 4.95 to play this game for an hour. Likewise, I don't want to look up how to spell questionare; I don't need the hastle of the computer crahing because DIC-tionary.com messed up my browser.

I just download it after reading this old thread. It was fun replaying it a couple of times, but nowhere near as exciting and awesome as it was when I was in 6th grade, lol.

[quote name='disisbullsit']Bit torrent is slow as ***********, and limewire is a joke. What is a brother to do to get some Oregon trail original. Dis is bullsit. You know the ? how many licks does it get to the center of a tootsie pop! How many posts does it take to get OREGON TRAIL for free. I'll be dead from dysentery shortly; time is wasting.

Sincerely

Wasted

P.S. I don't want to answer a questionare or deal with a credit card payment of 4.95 to play this game for an hour. Likewise, I don't want to look up how to spell questionare; I don't need the hastle of the computer crahing because DIC-tionary.com messed up my browser.[/quote]

Hey, I have a question for you.

Are you totally fukcing retarded?

Google it up. It took me five minutes to find it when I played it last.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']People always broke their damn arm. Did they just constantly fall out of the wagon? I wish my family didn't have down syndrome on the way to Oregon.[/QUOTE]

Play as a doctor. At first i kept sinking the rafts, but then i found out it was because i had too many oxen.

If you find your team is getting sick, make sure to put the rations to "hearty" instead of "meager".

This thread takes me back to keyboarding class in 7th grade. We'd all finish our assignments in, like, 15 minutes and then spend the rest of the hour playing Oregon Trail and OutNumbered. We had an awesome teacher for it...at first, she didn't like that we all played games after doing our work, but ultimately relented (citing that even she found the assignments boring) and even brought in Lemmings and Scorched Earth for us to play near the end of the semester.

I think I once beat Oregon Trail as a farmer. AFAIK, the only reward is that you get triple points at the end, and less money = more reliance on food = more incentive to shoot furry animals =P

[quote name='Mattfish']I was looking for this game a few months ago. I managed to track down The Oregon Trail Deluxe. It seems indentical to the original version, although it's been about 10 years since I last played it, so who knows. Surprisingly, it runs on XP on my computer. I stuck it up on my personal server here: http://www.peanutco.com/mattfish/oregondlx.zip. Feel free to download it.

(I'm not sure what the general rule is about linking to a game like this. It's from 1992, and I doubt MECC, if they're even still in business, really cares one way or the other. However, if there is a problem, let me know and I'll take down the link.)

-Matt[/QUOTE]
Hey i no it will sound like an idiot but you wouldnt happen to know where to get it for an apple mac its a little old it was a giveaway laptop so cant complain it works!!

bread's done
Back