The OTT celebrates Single's Awareness Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']How many hours a week do you work?[/QUOTE]

Varies, but is right now averaging 30 hours.

I seem to be one of the few who didn't get their hours cut by much.

40 here. Except for when I stupidly sign up for overtime, like this weekend.

42.5 (8.5 a day * 5)
Add in another hour round trip for commute.

As a freelancer my normal day rate is for 12 hours min and 15 time and a half. Most of the time I worked 5 or 6 days for 15-20 depending on how shitty the gig is going.

But then again, as a freelance I only work in spurts.

My brother is a Carpenter and he'll work a job for 2 weeks, get paid, then sit around working on his own farm house restoration whenever he feels like and then when funds get low, go do another job and repeat.

Been working on that house for 8 years now, and maybe works a full 3 months out of the year in total.

It's nice to be down to just 46 hours this week, and looking like a return to 40 hours next week. Spring an Summer were killer with 60-70+ hour weeks.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's nice to be down to just 46 hours this week, and looking like a return to 40 hours next week. Spring an Summer were killer with 60-70+ hour weeks.[/QUOTE]

I want that new Fear in my hands as soon as possible damnit.

You know, I just couldnt do the shit you guys do. Slaving away for 50 plus hours a week...for what? Its like a catch 22, you make enough money to see the world and actually live a life but in order to do it you have to give up your life to work.

I dont get it.

I make decent money from my career but what I find more important is that I have time to explore the universe. I have been all over our country decent part of Canada and if I land this next contract I will be spending some time in Europe. Last month I made enough to cover all mine and my wife's bills (she is a teacher) in 6 days, didnt take another gig, spent the rest of the time going to a art fair, business fair, poetry reading, book reading, tantric sex meeting (I was invited to go by a potential client) then I random went to 2 christian services, a catholic mass and a Jewish Shabbat service. I am not even religious.

Unless your career is your main source of enjoyment then I see no reason on earth to spend that much time there. How I do it is to never own enough stuff that I am forced to work non stop like a drone. I may not have the nicest stuff but I will trade your lexus for freedom any day.

I would gladly work 80+ hour work weeks if I was able to doing something in my field of study.

I'm liking these running shirts I purchased earlier in the week. Hopefully more retailers will clearance them out.

Good: Had tacos tonight

Bad: The shells were pinched shut and I couldnt fit anything in them so I had to bream them up and make a taco salad. Feels bad man.

Come off it Temp, of course I didnt mean it in any type of insulting way. I just dont get how the reasoning behind it for people who dont get most of their enjoyment from the job itself.

I didnt mention music (I dont really listen to music) and you forgot travel.

[quote name='Dkellar']I would gladly work 80+ hour work weeks if I was able to doing something in my field of study.

I'm liking these running shirts I purchased earlier in the week. Hopefully more retailers will clearance them out.[/QUOTE]

I agree, thats why I kept trying to make the point about enjoying your career or not. If thats the thing that makes you happy then spend as many hours that you want on it.

Ah well, I guess I am a dreamer disconnect from the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dkellar']I would gladly work 80+ hour work weeks if I was able to doing something in my field of study.

I'm liking these running shirts I purchased earlier in the week. Hopefully more retailers will clearance them out.[/QUOTE]

I agree, thats why I kept trying to make the point about enjoying your career or not. If thats the thing that makes you happy then spend as many hours that you want on it.

Ah well, I guess I am a dreamers disconnect from the real world.

I once read for a job to be enjoyable you need variety, control and to see progress. I get all that at my job and actually enjoy all 7 of my cases.

[quote name='Maklershed'] The shells were pinched shut and I couldnt fit anything in them so I had to bream them up and make a taco salad. Feels bad man.[/QUOTE]

Man, I hate it when you can't fit anything inside a taco and have to bream it. You can really stuff a lot of meat in a nice open taco, much more satisfying.

Anyone wanna make a fish (bream) taco joke?

JStryke, perhaps a cheese on your taco joke?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Come off it Temp, of course I didnt mean it in any type of insulting way. I just dont get how the reasoning behind it for people who dont get most of their enjoyment from the job itself.

I didnt mention music (I dont really listen to music) and you forgot travel.

Ah well, I guess I am a dreamer disconnect from the real world.[/QUOTE]

I just don't know how you can type some of the things you type without feeling like a total douchebag. Explore the universe! Lol. Who the fuck do you think you are, Tom Baker?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to work 80+ hours for my entire career, but if need be I would gladly take that opportunity as a starting point. They can pay me shit too. I want the experience more than anything. It has been almost two years since I received my degree and still cannot land an entry level position.

P1010149.jpg

[quote name='Temporaryscars']If I had my choice, I'd rather just be shipwrecked on a tropical island and just have day to day survival be my new job.[/QUOTE]

Totally. Or live in the mountains somewhere.

Ah, the memories. I was hoping to go out and do something this Friday night, but alas I ended up listening to music and watch Korean TV dramas.

I did make some spicy burgers that came out well.

I am almost finished with Mockingjay and I am scared they are going to fuck up the movies. I can see them forgoing the psychological in favor of all the action.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am almost finished with Mockingjay and I am scared they are going to fuck up the movies. I can see them forgoing the psychological in favor of all the action.[/QUOTE]

I legit started reading the first one on wednesday and am in the third one now. Insomnia helped. I've surprisingly liked them. The first one was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back