The OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTT by numbers.
-----

[quote name='Kayden']I'm not a dumbass, dipshit. My problem isn't that people want to dick around getting useless shit, it's that people find something inherently less good if it doesn't have that arbitrary shit. Like multi platform games that marked down on the PS3 version because it doesn't have achievements. Boo fucking hoo. There was no achievement for beating Lavos with 2 people at level 20, but I did that shit anyways. :cool:

I also hate when games on the PS3 get marked down for not having Live. Big fucking deal. Playing console games online is just asking for hooting dickholes to call you a $$$ because you killed them, or better yet, because they killed you.[/QUOTE]

rbe0dkxy4.gif

Liquid... did you still need that cable for the GHII guitar? I found one in my drawer last night and just remembered you were in need.

I bought Warhawk for 15 bucks, thinking that it would have a neat SP campaign....only to find it out its like Socom, nothing but a mediocre buggy Multigme. :mad:

Talk about throwing a wrench in my plans for the day. I was going to go to City Hall, but it's President's Day and everything is closed.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm not a dumbass, dipshit. My problem isn't that people want to dick around getting useless shit, it's that people find something inherently less good if it doesn't have that arbitrary shit. Like multi platform games that marked down on the PS3 version because it doesn't have achievements. Boo fucking hoo. There was no achievement for beating Lavos with 2 people at level 20, but I did that shit anyways. :cool:

I also hate when games on the PS3 get marked down for not having Live. Big fucking deal. Playing console games online is just asking for hooting dickholes to call you a $$$ because you killed them, or better yet, because they killed you.[/QUOTE]Achievements add replayability. Games with replayability > games without it.
Don't like them? Don't get them. But don't act like a game with them is the same as a game without them.

And XBL is a better service than PSN. Why do you expect people to not take that into account when choosing what system to get a multiplatform game on?

You fucking stink. And your chin is god damn huge.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Liquid... did you still need that cable for the GHII guitar? I found one in my drawer last night and just remembered you were in need.[/QUOTE]

I'd

[quote name='TheRock88']Have to go to school on presidents day.

:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

All the public schools are closed today, but Universities are open.

I think my DVR is supposed to be programmable from the web. I'll throw up the link and you guys can schedule suggested viewing.

[quote name='wubb']I think my DVR is supposed to be programmable from the web. I'll throw up the link and you guys can schedule suggested viewing.[/QUOTE]

Is that Verizon?

[quote name='prmononoke']zewone, what method did you use to ship your Persona 4 Social Links?[/QUOTE]

USPS First Class.

[quote name='zewone']You haven't even played SF, why would you need a pad?[/quote]

I am getting the game a little later this week.

[quote name='Eviltude']All the public schools are closed today, but Universities are open.[/quote]

:cry:

All of my cousins get the week off too. :bomb:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Achievements add replayability.
And XBL is a better service than PSN. Why do you expect people to not take that into account when choosing what system to get a multiplatform game on?

You fucking stink. And your chin is god damn huge.
[/QUOTE]

Achievements don't add "replayability" unless you like the game and care about achievements. A game has it or it doesn't. Are you honestly going to play through Ninja Gaiden II again 74 times to get all the weapon master achievements or finish it on the upper difficulties? Not if you didn't like the game. And you know what, if you liked the game, you'd play through it again REGARDLESS of achievements.

And do you have a PS3? Last I checked you didn't. So you probably don't have much experience playing multiplayer games over PSN... PSN is a comparable service to Live, period. I don't take the "quality of the service" into account when I choose the platform for multiplatform games, I base it on which platform my friends are playing the game on if the online is a deciding factor at all. Hell, seanr1221 went out and bought CoD5 for his PS3 because his friends were playing on PSN. Guess he must think PSN is the better service, eh? :whistle2:s

And way to be high and mighty by enhancing your arguments with personal attacks. Real classy.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Achievements don't add "replayability" unless you like the game and care about achievements. A game has it or it doesn't. Are you honestly going to play through Ninja Gaiden II again 74 times to get all the weapon master achievements or finish it on the upper difficulties? Not if you didn't like the game. And you know what, if you liked the game, you'd play through it again REGARDLESS of achievements.

And do you have a PS3? Last I checked you didn't. So you probably don't have much experience playing multiplayer games over PSN... PSN is a comparable service to Live, period. I don't take the "quality of the service" into account when I choose the platform for multiplatform games, I base it on which platform my friends are playing the game on if the online is a deciding factor at all. Hell, seanr1221 went out and bought CoD5 for his PS3 because his friends were playing on PSN. Guess he must think PSN is the better service, eh? :whistle2:s

And way to be high and mighty by enhancing your arguments with personal attacks. Real classy.[/QUOTE]

But Kayden does stink and does have a huge chin.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Achievements don't add "replayability" unless you like the game and care about achievements. A game has it or it doesn't. Are you honestly going to play through Ninja Gaiden II again 74 times to get all the weapon master achievements or finish it on the upper difficulties? Not if you didn't like the game. And you know what, if you liked the game, you'd play through it again REGARDLESS of achievements.[/quote]

True. However, I think if done properly achievements and trophies can enhance game-play to a great degree. For a few titles achievements have kept me playing them a little longer (Dark Sector and Ao2 come to mind as recent play-throughs that I extended because of them).

If you don't think achievements add replayability, than I don't know what to tell you.

And people do take the quality of service into account when buying multiplatform games. Such as SFIV.

People are picking up SFIV on the 360 after buying SSF2THDR on PSN and seeing how buggy the online is. They want stability for random matches.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']And you know what, if you liked the game, you'd play through it again REGARDLESS of achievements.[/QUOTE]
...No.

It's not even debatable that achievements make a game replayable. I mean, that's pretty obvious.

Also, PSN doesn't even come close to having the level of quality that XBL has.

PSN's invite/friend system works horribly, downloads are slow and updates are even slower.

You know what they say, a guy with a big chin has a big cock. ...Right?
And of course I stink, I'm the shit. :cool:

[quote name='munch']But Kayden does stink and does have a huge chin.[/quote]

[quote name='lordwow']My university is closed today.

But I don't get holidays off.[/quote]

The colleges down here are open, and I am not sure about the local schools. I get specific university holidays off, but without pay, and I cannot make that time up during the week, i.e. working four 10 hours shifts which I'm not "allowed" do to anyway. Student workers always get shafted.

Ya, our department is considered "essential" so it's one of about 3 open during the days off. We're open 365 days a year though.

[quote name='Rocko']Don't worry, lordwow, Madworld is coming out soon. :D[/quote]
The new screens do look cool, I am worried about the game-play though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back