The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Levizk']This is why you're not a moderator, so you should stop pretending to be one. This is an obvious deal, and it's helping people out who missed the announcement. The game is being released at a value price, which would constitute being a deal. For instance when a game drops to 19.99 because it's a greatest hits title, that's MSRP however it ends up in the deal forum because it's a deal. This is the equivalent of a game dropping to GH pricing, and it's adding some content for the trouble. Just because it's not a deal that you would participate in doesn't mean you need to throw a fit over semantics.[/quote]

Actually when a game goes GH and hits MSRP it DOESNT end up here and the moderators move it. If you read the info on this forum it states "ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"

The price of $29.99 is NOT a specific deal as its standard price everywhere.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I agree too. Alot of CAGers are being so anal to the OP. Nobody complained when another poster posted the Mana Khemia Collector's Edition thread, as it wasn't a deal more like free advertisement to rosenqueen.com to buy something off their website. CAGers are a finicky bunch and thx for the deal. I own the original P3 and will buy P3 + Fes, as I'm sure the original P3's won't plummet as the new version doesn't include artbooks and soundtracks.[/quote]

I agree. There are a lot of things that are posted in this section that are NOT deals, like console availability and pre-orders for things. If they don't belong here, they will be moved. In the meantime, this is bringing FES to a lot of people's attention, which is a good thing.

The Mana Khemia Collector's Edition WAS a deal as it was valid from one location only and was for a limited quantity and time. Hence a specific deal.

[quote name='Brian9824']Actually when a game goes GH and hits MSRP it DOESNT end up here and the moderators move it. If you read the info on this forum it states "ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"

The price of $29.99 is NOT a specific deal as its standard price everywhere.
[/QUOTE]

Once again you'll notice that your name doesn't have moderator written under it, and you'll notice that this thread is indeed still in the video game deals forum. You can try and play pretend moderator all you want, but much like the 19.99 deals that you claim get moved all the time it's still here. Perhaps you should go take a nap, you seem rather cranky this afternoon.

Oh and BTW I already pre-ordered this from gamestop yesterday before it was even announced and I made a thread about this in the PROPER channel which is the PS2 forum the minute it was announced. So I wholeheartedly agree its an awesome game and a steal at the price. It is NOT a deal however and when this thread is moved later I fully expect people to bitch about how the moderators are wrong, bla bla bla.

Also I don't blame the OP at all for posting it here. Something like this is very easily understood. He even REQUESTED for it to be moved earlier in this thread but you all are too busy trying to prove your right to notice that...

I think a sealed original P3 will still be worth quite a bit due to the extra goodies. The price of the game alone however, will hit rock bottom.

So will it be possible to order from buy.com and use that $10 off New User thing to get FES for $20? >_>

pong.gif

[quote name='Levizk']Once again you'll notice that your name doesn't have moderator written under it, and you'll notice that this thread is indeed still in the video game deals forum. You can try and play pretend moderator all you want, but much like the 19.99 deals that you claim get moved all the time it's still here. Perhaps you should go take a nap, you seem rather cranky this afternoon.[/quote]

So when the thread is moved later today you'll make a post on CAG apologizing to everyone and admitting you are wrong and don't know what your talking about?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I agree. There are a lot of things that are posted in this section that are NOT deals, like console availability and pre-orders for things. If they don't belong here, they will be moved. In the meantime, this is bringing FES to a lot of people's attention, which is a good thing.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with the agreeing!!

The point is to let people know about P3 FES, and this thread is doing that! A mod may move it and hide it elsewhere, but I'm informing the CAG police that I usually don't browse every forum, and I would have missed this "deal/offer/announcement/semantic-warfare-for-CAGs" if not placed here.

On another note, I'm mega-bummed that I still have a sealed P3 waiting to be played, and now we have a combo-P3 coming out!

Now do I open my P3 for the artbook/soundtrack or do I sell it sealed???

Also, why not release this for the 360 at all? It could use some RPGs...

You know what sucks? They could've easily released the append disc at a lower price for those of us who paid full retail for Persona 3. And they refused. Heck, make it direct order only, I don't care.

I really don't want to pay $30 for an upgraded version of a game I already own.

[quote name='Brian9824']The Mana Khemia Collector's Edition WAS a deal as it was valid from one location only and was for a limited quantity and time. Hence a specific deal.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a deal. A deal is something that is selling less than MSRP price, no matter if it's set in a specific time frame and quantity. The Mana Khemia Collector's Edition was selling $10 more than the regular game, like any other collector's edition set would sell. The reason it caught on fire, was cuz alot of people either intend to flip it on ebay for a profit or are collector's.

[quote name='cokerules']just shut up. no 1 cares i am going 2 pre order this 2day at gamestop whether u like it or not... if u dont like how things r run here then go somewhere else. i used to be on gamespot forums but i got sick of all the fanboys there i think i will go somewhere else because sony haters like u piss me off.[/quote]

Gamespot, huh? Well, that says a lot.

And LOL @ "Sony hater"

[quote name='Brian9824']Oh and BTW I already pre-ordered this from gamestop yesterday before it was even announced and I made a thread about this in the PROPER channel which is the PS2 forum the minute it was announced. So I wholeheartedly agree its an awesome game and a steal at the price. It is NOT a deal however and when this thread is moved later I fully expect people to bitch about how the moderators are wrong, bla bla bla.

Also I don't blame the OP at all for posting it here. Something like this is very easily understood. He even REQUESTED for it to be moved earlier in this thread but you all are too busy trying to prove your right to notice that...[/QUOTE]

So the reason you're up in arms is because you wanted to be the one to get attention for the deal, but you posted it where you thought it should go. You can calm down now about it, no one is going to remember who brought it up first anyway. Oh and I left a bolded section up there for the sake of irony.

[quote name='cokerules']just shut up. no 1 cares i am going 2 pre order this 2day at gamestop whether u like it or not... if u dont like how things r run here then go somewhere else. i used to be on gamespot forums but i got sick of all the fanboys there i think i will go somewhere else because sony haters like u piss me off.[/quote]

Um your not the brightest user are you? I made a thread on persona 3 fes being released already on the PS2 forum and I already said I pre-ordered my copy from gamestop yesterday, before you even did.

[quote name='Brian9824']Oh and BTW I already pre-ordered this from gamestop yesterday before it was even announced and I made a thread about this in the PROPER channel which is the PS2 forum the minute it was announced. So I wholeheartedly agree its an awesome game and a steal at the price. It is NOT a deal however and when this thread is moved later I fully expect people to bitch about how the moderators are wrong, bla bla bla.

Also I don't blame the OP at all for posting it here. Something like this is very easily understood. He even REQUESTED for it to be moved earlier in this thread but you all are too busy trying to prove your right to notice that...[/quote]

Ohhhhh... so you posted this earlier, and now this new dude is getting the credit! MAN!!! That would piss me off, too... But I still think this announcement has more visibility in the DEALS section, and since it's a great announcement, why not put it in the deals?

I mean, will CAG spontaneously rip itself apart if the wrong thread is posted in the wrong forum?

The answer: No.

Why? That was a double negative and made no sense.

w00t.

If a "universal price drop" on the 360 HD-DVD drive is considered a "deal", then I don't see how you could consider this any less of a deal. Not only is it a universal price drop, but it is actually netting you more than the original version. So, if you wish to complain about this thread, but sure to complain in the 360 HD-DVD thread as well. Myself, I'll be happy to return my sealed P3 in order to later pick up a sealed P3 FES for $20 less.

[quote name='NolbertoS']It wasn't a deal. A deal is something that is selling less than MSRP price, no matter if it's set in a specific time frame and quantity. The Mana Khemia Collector's Edition was selling $10 more than the regular game, like any other collector's edition set would sell. The reason it caught on fire, was cuz alot of people either intend to flip it on ebay for a profit or are collector's.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the reason in that thread I said it was not a deal.

The easiest way to resolve this is to have a clear definition of "deal" in regards to this forum. The best way would to have this definition be very clearly stated when someone click the New Topic button when in this forum section.

Just my $0.02.

i think this is a deal... thanks op and all of you jumped on this. It took five pages for me to get noticed of this thread. Anyhow, i didn't get the $50 version (that's no deal in my book). I'm glad i don't have this game yet :)

[quote name='keithp']Don't you get to, umm, how to put this..."make the beast with two backs" with the girl you date eventually? So FES may actually show the deed in all it's glory?

I'm not that far in the game so I'm just speculating. Anyone play the FES import? MarkMan?[/quote]

I don't really know off hand as I held off on importing in hopes that it would be localized, but here's some official (I think?) art of Mara that's probably NSFW.

[quote name='crunchewy']If a "universal price drop" on the 360 HD-DVD drive is considered a "deal", then I don't see how you could consider this any less of a deal. Not only is it a universal price drop, but it is actually netting you more than the original version. So, if you wish to complain about this thread, but sure to complain in the 360 HD-DVD thread as well. Myself, I'll be happy to return my sealed P3 in order to later pick up a sealed P3 FES for $20 less.[/QUOTE]

However, Personal 3 FES is not a price drop, it is a new game with a new MSRP. The HD DVD is reduced from it's MSRP. If they released a new HD DVD with a different part number, at a lower price then, that would not be a deal.

The term "deal" is subjective here.

[quote name='iceblast21']Why are you guys giving this OP such a hard time about this thread???

SOME of us don't have time to look through every forum in the CAG universe, and if he hadn't posted it HERE (in the DEALS section), I would have missed this announcement completely!

Consider you're wanting P3 today, and you're about to pay $80 for a copy of the original. This thread is obviously showing you a better DEAL, and therefore sits fine where it is! ;-0

Why are forum people so anal retentive about things that are borderline??? RELAX! :whistle2:D Kick back. Enjoy life and let this slide![/quote]

word. i would have totally missed this announcement too if it wasnt for OP putting it up under video game deals. that and the dvd deals are the only two sections i (and im assuming many other CAGers) visit regularly. if im wrong then sldkfhlksfhgfgbleh

[quote name='groundskeeper']That is exactly the reason in that thread I said it was not a deal.

The easiest way to resolve this is to have a clear definition of "deal" in regards to this forum. The best way would to have this definition be very clearly stated when someone click the New Topic button when in this forum section.

Just my $0.02.[/quote]

HA HA! I love how this is an issue with some CAGs! :applause: Is it a deal or not?!? IS IT A DEAL OR NOT?!?!? WE MUST KNOW!!! :bomb:

I have a suggestion: Let's make a poll - how many CAGs care whether or not this is a deal and belongs here? :whistle2:#

I'm kind of curious. I want to say only a few care about this issue, but I could be way off base! :roll:

Then again, the few could say that the majority is a bunch of boobs that need shepherding. If I spelled that right.

Which I would agree to. Also, that was some unintentional imagery for those of you who want to take my words literally. But, you're welcome.

This issue, alas, has no resolution.

A paradox! :D

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm going to see about getting my Sealed Persona 3 signed by Vic Mignona in about 2 weeks when I see him.[/quote]

I wish someone would sign my game :(

I'm done arguing the point here. Devil May Cry 3 SE for $19.99 isn't a deal its MSRP. Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for MSRP isn't a deal etc. People can argue all they want.

It's a great bargain and any rpg fan should get it but thats NOT what the Video Game Deal forum is for. It's for people to post deals and specials on games. If you want to talk about great games for PS2 there is a PS2 forum for that.

Which btw we have had a Persona 3/Persona 3 Fes thread there for months ever since we knew it was coming out in the US. 3 months before Atlus's announcement...

gotta love forum trolls. whether it's a "deal" or not, it's something that some may consider a bargain or deal (even if it is a new msrp), and may want to know about. so who really cares that much if it's here?

[quote name='iceblast21']HA HA! I love how this is an issue with some CAGs! :applause: Is it a deal or not?!? IS IT A DEAL OR NOT?!?!? WE MUST KNOW!!! :bomb:

I have a suggestion: Let's make a poll - how many CAGs care whether or not this is a deal and belongs here? :whistle2:#

I'm kind of curious. I want to say only a few care about this issue, but I could be way off base! :roll:

Then again, the few could say that the majority is a bunch of boobs that need shepherding. If I spelled that right.

Which I would agree to. Also, that was some unintentional imagery for those of you who want to take my words literally. But, you're welcome.

A paradox! :D[/quote]

LOL, i was just about to suggest the same thing.
we could just have a vote to whether or not this is a "deal" or not.

DEAL or NO DEAL? pfftt

well more like DEAL or NO DEAL or I DONT CARE

[quote name='iceblast21']HA HA! I love how this is an issue with some CAGs! :applause: Is it a deal or not?!? IS IT A DEAL OR NOT?!?!? WE MUST KNOW!!! :bomb:

A paradox! :D[/QUOTE]

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. Based on what I perceive as a deal I would not post this game, or any other pre-release game at MSRP, as a deal.

[quote name='JTHuffy']gotta love forum trolls. whether it's a "deal" or not, it's something that some may consider a bargain or deal (even if it is a new msrp), and may want to know about. so who really cares that much if it's here?[/quote]

Apparently the Original Poster cares http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173277

People don't even bother reading what he posted....

But yeah buying a new game at full price isn't a deal. This IS CAG.

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm done arguing the point here. Devil May Cry 4 SE for $19.99 isn't a deal its MSRP. Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution for MSRP isn't a deal etc. People can argue all they want.

It's a great bargain and any rpg fan should get it but thats NOT what the Video Game Deal forum is for. It's for people to post deals and specials on games. If you want to talk about great games for PS2 there is a PS2 forum for that.

Which btw we have had a Persona 3/Persona 3 Fes thread there for months ever since we knew it was coming out in the US. 3 months before Atlus's announcement...[/QUOTE]

If you start a post with I'm done arguing the point here, then why do you go immediately into arguing your point right after that sentence? Your point on the persona thread may be valid, but realize that people who are looking for deals don't go searching every specific game thread to look for deals they want. Many people like myself come here, hit the video game deals forum for a casual quick look and then leave. This thread has helped a lot of people who use this site in that capacity out, and from my perspective that's what CAG is all about.

[quote name='Levizk']If you start a post with I'm done arguing the point here, then why do you go immediately into arguing your point right after that sentence? Your point on the persona thread may be valid, but realize that people who are looking for deals don't go searching every specific game thread to look for deals they want. Many people like myself come here, hit the video game deals forum for a casual quick look and then leave. This thread has helped a lot of people who use this site in that capacity out, and from my perspective that's what CAG is all about.[/quote]

I won't argue that this thread might have let some people hear about this that others havent but thats not really the point. The rules of the site state that the video game deals forum is only for specific deals. Aka games at full price at every store in the country doesn't qualify.

If you start allowing posts that violate that rule then everyone will start posting non deal crap and it will be impossible to find REAL deals.

I don't understand how people can bitch so much about this. The whole point of a deal is that it is a good (to fantastic) value. Now if the MSRP already makes it a good deal, then starting a thread about that (and keeping it going based on additional deals we find) makes sense.

Hell, it's better than the threads where we see a "deal" that sucks worse than this (i.e. crappy Amazon Deal of the Day where you save nothing on a crap item anyways or the abysmal CompUSA liquidation threads).

Definatly picking this up. Finally I can pick up Persona 3 with its sequel for $30, im gonna pre-order it so that way I will not lost this oppertunity.

[quote name='Brian9824']I won't argue that this thread might have let some people hear about this that others havent but thats not really the point. The rules of the site state that the video game deals forum is only for specific deals. Aka games at full price at every store in the country doesn't qualify.

If you start allowing posts that violate that rule then everyone will start posting non deal crap and it will be impossible to find REAL deals.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand you just said in your last post you were done arguing this. The problem here is you don't seem to grasp the concept that the majority of people in this thread view this as a real deal. If you think it's not you merely need to stop responding and it'll stop getting bumped. Then the mad influx of people that you seem to think you'll get to the thread you started will occur and you can be happy.

[quote name='Brian9824']I won't argue that this thread might have let some people hear about this that others havent but thats not really the point. The rules of the site state that the video game deals forum is only for specific deals. Aka games at full price at every store in the country doesn't qualify.

If you start allowing posts that violate that rule then everyone will start posting non deal crap and it will be impossible to find REAL deals.[/quote]

I'm not agreeing with you, but I'm on your side!!! :applause: I support the little guy who gets dissed and disrespected for having his own point!!! COME ON, PEOPLE!!!

Yeah, so you make a good argument, no matter what anyone else says.

But I still vote we decide this via voting! :applause:

There is a sticky on this thread labeled 'Universal price drops" at the very least is this not a 20 dollar msrp price drop to pick up the original Persona 3?

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']You know what sucks? They could've easily released the append disc at a lower price for those of us who paid full retail for Persona 3. And they refused. Heck, make it direct order only, I don't care.

I really don't want to pay $30 for an upgraded version of a game I already own.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing but chances are a stand-alone FES would retail for $20. At $30 P3 director's cut and FES is a great value.

[quote name='iceblast21']I'm not agreeing with you, but I'm on your side!!! :applause: I support the little guy who gets dissed and disrespected for having his own point!!! COME ON, PEOPLE!!!

Yeah, so you make a good argument, no matter what anyone else says.

But I still vote we decide this via voting! :applause:[/quote]

Wait a sec... I was wrong. I actually do agree with Brian. Let's not let Chaos ensue, or however that classic argument goes. It's a classic. You can't go wrong with that one! w00t.

But before people get angry at me for having so much fun with this controversy, let me move the conversation back:

P3 with extras sounds KICK@$$! I also would prefer an add-on disc (as someone else suggested), but $30 isn't too bad. I just need to decide whether or not to open my P3 now, or wait for the newer version.... Hmmmm.... :whistle2:k

[quote name='blueweltall']Any news on a DoubleJump Guide?[/quote]

One of the admins at the Atlus forums said that there will be no DoubleJump Guide.

[quote name='iceblast21']
P3 with extras sounds KICK@$$! I also would prefer an add-on disc (as someone else suggested), but $30 isn't too bad. I just need to decide whether or not to open my P3 now, or wait for the newer version.... Hmmmm.... :whistle2:k[/quote]

that really depends on why you bought the game. collect? resell? etc.

i opened p3 right when i got it in the mail so i could play. ill buy this new one, even tho i have the original to play it, see all the extras they added and whatever. so its up to you.

i know i didnt answer your questions but :booty:

[quote name='iceblast21']
Why are forum people so anal retentive about things that are borderline??? RELAX! :whistle2:D Kick back. Enjoy life and let this slide![/QUOTE]

Seriously! I never understood how there can be so many pissy people on this site that complain about the stupidest shit. You'd think that by all the money people save, everybody would just be happy (or at least content).

But apparently some people think this site will fall into anarchy because of this thread and the numerous preorder threads or "Wii in stock" threads that appear on the main board (and rightfully DON'T get deleted/moved).

Anarchy, I say. ANARCHY!!

[quote name='Brian9824']I'm just saying that this isn't a deal but i'm glad if it helped some people.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't think you and I will ever agree on the definition of a "deal", and that's ok. But if you're glad that the thread helped people, why the desire to have it deleted/moved? Why not let it be here and help MORE people out? You know, spread the love around and such.

I think the moderators do a good job in keeping the main board clean. And if they decide to delete this thread, then that's their choice and that's fine by me. But leave it up to them.

As for now, let the joy and happiness of Persona 3 FES spread throughout CAG like a bad rash! :D

This thread gave me the heads up so I could pre-order today, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been aware for who knows how long.

OK, OK...

This definitely falls in a grey area and I can see both sides. Normally, of course, an MSRP "deal" does not belong here, but this situation is unique.

This is fairly big news and could potentially save some CAGs big bucks (or at least save them from spending the $50 for P3 at Kmart or those few other places they can still be found). I just bought a couple of P3's at Fred Meyer a few weeks ago for $45 ($50 - 10% off coupon). I was going to keep one sealed and open the other. Now I *may* still keep one sealed, but for sure return the other. In the mean time I better get in my preorder at Gamestop for FES.

So, my decision is to allow this thread to stay here for now. But after a day or two I will probably move it to the PS2 forum. Does that sort of make everyone happy? :lol:

bread's done
Back