The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

This game is now best selling PS2 game on Amazon. Crazy considering it was listed less than 24 hours ago.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']but they charge for shipping, and amazon does not

...however, buy.com IS doing that $20 off $100..hmmm[/quote]

In for 4? :lol:

I just pre-ordered mine from Amazon as well. I wonder how long it's been up as I've been looking since it was announced, but never scrolled down as far as I just did to find it lol.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']but they charge for shipping, and amazon does not

...however, buy.com IS doing that $20 off $100..hmmm[/quote]Buy.com has the 5% coupon, $20 of $100 and $10 off any order over $10.

[quote name='silent h3ro']... and $10 off any order over $10.[/QUOTE]

What deal is this? Are you referring to GCO new customers?

[quote name='Blackout542']Anyone preorder this at GS yet?[/quote]

Yes, but I also got one from Amazon just in case one doesn't come through. I have a gut feeling something will be getting short ordered and I want to be safe.

[quote name='joshnorm']Yes, but I also got one from Amazon just in case one doesn't come through. I have a gut feeling something will be getting short ordered and I want to be safe.[/quote]

I'm kind of iffy about GS. I'm going to reserve two copies (one for me and one for my friends's bday). I just hope they don't puss out and have like zero copies sent to the store.

[quote name='aznguyen316']In for one on amazon.. had some gift cert money to use.. this and MGS Essentials[/QUOTE]

pardon me but that combination is pretty much filled to the brim with win

Not huge on RPGs, but I'll give this game a shot for $30 based on the hype around here :D For a 90 hour game, how much grinding is there involved for leveling?

[quote name='QiG']Not huge on RPGs, but I'll give this game a shot for $30 based on the hype around here :D For a 90 hour game, how much grinding is there involved for leveling?[/quote]

I found that no grinding was required to make it through the game. You should gain all the levels you need just by climbing as high up the tower as you can before every full moon.

Do you guys think that if I wait to order this game on the day it is released, if it will still probably be available to purchase? They do not keep supplies that low do they?

[quote name='silent h3ro']Do you guys think that if I wait to order this game on the day it is released, if it will still probably be available to purchase? They do not keep supplies that low do they?[/quote]

You will be able to find it around don't worry. Just don't wait too long like people did with the first P3 release. I am going to get it on or shortly after release day.

[quote name='jah2004']You will be able to find it around don't worry. Just don't wait too long like people did with the first P3 release. I am going to get it on or shortly after release day.[/quote]

agreed. i wouldn't wait too long either. P3 came out august '07. i decided i wanted it like mid january. it was freakin hard to find a new copy. tried searching at quite a few gamestops, best buys, kmarts, sears...you name it.

i finally located one last copy at a sears last thursday. and this is a sears that no one really goes to. can't say FES will be as rare...buying it within a month should be safe enough. but you never know w/ an Atlus title. they don't seem to produce as many copies as other RPGs.

[quote name='willardhaven']anyway to get this into the amazon goldbox? I got MGS Essentials for 28.50 shipped, it would be cool to make this game appear.[/quote]

I don't know HOW to make it appear, but I got it via gold box. Try looking at the item a lot, at least once a day. I know a lot of games ending up in my gold box that I had looked at a few times over the past week. MGS4 and FFXIII Versus too, didn't get Essentials though for the 5% off oh well.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I don't know HOW to make it appear, but I got it via gold box. Try looking at the item a lot, at least once a day. I know a lot of games ending up in my gold box that I had looked at a few times over the past week. MGS4 and FFXIII Versus too, didn't get Essentials though for the 5% off oh well.[/QUOTE]

So what was the final price as a gold box deal? I may try that.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I don't know HOW to make it appear, but I got it via gold box. Try looking at the item a lot, at least once a day. I know a lot of games ending up in my gold box that I had looked at a few times over the past week. MGS4 and FFXIII Versus too, didn't get Essentials though for the 5% off oh well.[/quote]

This is what another person recommend on SD to make things appear in your goldbox:

Its not too hard to get into the goldbox:

1. clear your recommended items
2. go to one of the "other users who bought this also bought" items
3. click i own it
4. go back and clear your recommendations again, except the one you want to buy -- leaving you just the item you want in your recommendations
5. wait. (i don't know how long; sometimes its instantly, other times it takes up to 24 hours)
6. it will now be in the goldbox

I never tried his/her method, but it looks like it'll work.

[quote name='willardhaven']28.49 I believe... most states are not taxed.[/quote]

wonder why KS is taxed. It sucks, I could be getting free shipping and tax free but NOPE! =(

[quote name='aznguyen316']wonder why KS is taxed. It sucks, I could be getting free shipping and tax free but NOPE! =([/quote]
Typically they tax states where they have warehouses.

The fact that I bought and cancelled the order is botching the aforementioned formula.

Even though it is no longer in my "owned items" section. Maybe it will take a day or so.

It's only a 1.50 but it's fun trying to beat the system.

[quote name='mguiddy']Typically they tax states where they have warehouses.[/quote]

I don't see Amazon having a warehouse in KS lol, I think the closest is Kentucky as I've had to return things to that warehouse. Sucks.. I want to buy a PS3 there but wish I could just get it for retail.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I don't see Amazon having a warehouse in KS lol, I think the closest is Kentucky as I've had to return things to that warehouse. Sucks.. I want to buy a PS3 there but wish I could just get it for retail.[/quote]

See here.
There is a warehouse in Coffeyville, Kansas.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']This is what another person recommend on SD to make things appear in your goldbox:

I never tried his/her method, but it looks like it'll work.[/QUOTE]

How do you clear your recommendations? I only see how to clear your browsing history.

Also, the only things that come up under P3 FES that other people bought are preorders so there's no "I already own it" selection--??

Anyone get this method to work with FES?

[quote name='keithp']How do you clear your recommendations? I only see how to clear your browsing history.

Also, the only things that come up under P3 FES that other people bought are preorders so there's no "I already own it" selection--??

Anyone get this method to work with FES?[/quote]

Sorry, I've never actually tried the method, but a lot of people said it works. :lol: If you can get it to work on FES, let us know. Thanks.

[quote name='keithp']How do you clear your recommendations? I only see how to clear your browsing history.

Anyone get this method to work with FES?[/quote]

You don't add FES as "I own it" you say you already own one of the "Customers who bought this also bought" items.

[quote name='mguiddy']You don't add FES as "I own it" you say you already own one of the "Customers who bought this also bought" items.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm looking at the FES page and all the items for the "Customers who bought this also bought" are preorder items. Baroque, Rondo of Swords, The World Ends With You, etc,etc,.

[quote name='keithp']Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm looking at the FES page and all the items for the "Customers who bought this also bought" are preorder items. Baroque, Rondo of Swords, The World Ends With You, etc,etc,.[/quote]

Yeah, I forgot how to read. But there are items that are out already.

Either way, there is a box to check that you own a game already, even if it isn't out.

[quote name='mguiddy']Yeah, I forgot how to read. But there are items that are out already.

Either way, there is a box to check that you own a game already, even if it isn't out.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, got it. Thanks!!

Edit: Also found where to clear your recommendations--you have to check "Not interested" for each recommended item.

Ok, I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked.

Hey it worked!! Grand total $28.49! Not too bad!

I went ahead and ordered so I don't have to worry about trying to waste gas finding it. Thanks for posting that tip doraemonkerpal!

[quote name='keithp']Hey it worked!! Grand total $28.49! Not too bad!

I went ahead and ordered so I don't have to worry about trying to waste gas finding it. Thanks for posting that tip doraemonkerpal![/quote]

HAHA you're welcome! Thanks for letting me know it worked. I already preordered it from Amazon, but I'm going to cancel my current preorder and use the gold box method to save a $1.50 :lol:

[quote name='silent h3ro']Do you guys think that if I wait to order this game on the day it is released, if it will still probably be available to purchase? They do not keep supplies that low do they?[/quote]

The guy at my gamestop told me they were getting 60 copies... My jaw dropped

Not sure if this game will be rare are at all

[quote name='gobz']The guy at my gamestop told me they were getting 60 copies... My jaw dropped

Not sure if this game will be rare are at all[/QUOTE]

Im actually hoping atlus makes a killing with this game.

They are willing to sell us a high-caliber RPG plus its expansion for a fraction of the original.

Ill cry if this doesnt beat their trauma center sales.

Well, FES pushed me over the edge to trying an RPG again. I've not played one I've really enjoyed since Chrono Trigger--not a fan of the FF games at all. For $30 I'm willing to give it a shot. :)

No griding + No random battles eliminates both of my biggest annoyances with the genre as a whole.

[quote name='daroga']
No griding + No random battles eliminates both of my biggest annoyances with the genre as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Eh...I had to grind almost all the way through P3 to stay on top of some of those bosses....

Yeah I wouldn't exactly say this game has no grinding. It does have a bit, but it's kind of offset by the times where you can just run past all the enemies because you can.

wha wha? in the previous persona games it didnt make sense to grind because the level of t he boss would be based on the level of the main character. If you had to level up your personas, i can understand that, but you can simply stick with the strongest personas and not bother with combining to get the super duper high end ones when the game can be beaten without them

Of course i am speaking from playing p1 and p2 to death and havent even tried p3 so take that for what its worth

I am thinking i will have to pick up a playstation 2 system just to play this game.

[quote name='Agrippan']Yea... In one sense, almost all of the combat is grinding. The combat is really enjoyable though (minus ridiculously dumb teammate AI).[/QUOTE]
I found the teammate AI to be dumb pretty rarely.

[quote name='pete5883']I found the teammate AI to be dumb pretty rarely.[/quote]

Agreed. The tactics really helped too, but rarely did a teammate do something that I wouldn't have done.

bread's done
Back