The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

My shipping estimate says April 28th...but no biggie for me since I'll be on the road for work and won't have time to play it anyways. I think it might have slipped back since I canceled my pre-order to re-pre-order it with the $5 Atlus coupon. I still need to finish up Xenosaga 3 before I even open this sucker.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']guides? what?
ever heard of www.gamefaqs.com?[/quote]

Come on man, you're preaching to the choir. 99% of the time I use gamefaqs, but I've made it a tradition to buy any SMT guide book. I always find them to e good investments.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'mma kill Amazon....

"Availability: Expected to be in stock on April 24, 2008."

Bullshit.[/quote]

I preordered it the day or day after it was put on amazon. And it's preparing to ship today and should arrive tomorrow (prime ftw!)

Edit:
March 3rd is when i placed my pre-order

I ordered it April 9th. It still says the delivery estimate is the 24th (Prime), but it still hasn't shipped or prepared to ship. I probably won't be playing it this weekend anyway, but still.

[quote name='Rodimus']Come on man, you're preaching to the choir. 99% of the time I use gamefaqs, but I've made it a tradition to buy any SMT guide book. I always find them to e good investments.[/quote]
Tell me about it. I saw a Nocturne guide for $10 at Fry's a year or two ago but didn't pick it up for some strange reason. I've been kicking myself since then.

^I saw a brand new, sealed, SMT: Nocturne with the soundtrack at an Ebgames that just opened up near my high school about 2 years ago. I didn't know how rare the game was, so I passed and bought Suikoden V and Kingdom Hearts II instead ;o;

[quote name='bigl523']My shipping estimate says April 28th...but no biggie for me since I'll be on the road for work and won't have time to play it anyways. I think it might have slipped back since I canceled my pre-order to re-pre-order it with the $5 Atlus coupon. I still need to finish up Xenosaga 3 before I even open this sucker.[/quote]

Mine ships on the 28th and I get a five dollar discount and no tax plus I got finals and exams coming up, so the delays are no problem for me hahaha

Does anyone know if Circuit City will be carrying Persona 3 FES? I have a $30 gift card there, so I'm going to try go by there today or tomorrow.

Edit: Today at Circuit City, I saw 2-4 copies, so I was able to buy one there.

Items shipping soon:
arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Delivery estimate: April 24, 2008
  • 1 of: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

[quote name='InuFaye']
Items shipping soon:
arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif
Delivery estimate: April 24, 2008
  • 1 of: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
[/QUOTE]

:twoguns:

Mine STILL says it's going to be delivered the 24th but it's not shipped or preparing to ship yet. fuck you Amazon. You think with being partnered with Atlus they'd have their shit together on this, but I guess not. Why are some people's orders shipping when others aren't, and why do people have different ship/delivery dates?

Mine:
Not Yet Shipped:
1 item - delivery estimate: April 24, 2008

:twoguns: They better overnight it, the fuckers.

There's a reason it's called Super Saver Shipping and not Super Cheap and Efficient Shipping people.

I'm with you though, mine isn't shipping until May and I preorded back in March.

[quote name='InuFaye']Amazon Prime FTW.[/QUOTE]

I AM using Amazon Prime, which makes this total and utter bullshit. I pay them extra money to get things shipped ON TIME and they fail to deliver.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I AM using Amazon Prime, which makes this total and utter bullshit. I pay them extra money to get things shipped ON TIME and they fail to deliver.[/quote]

I've had stuff with overnight shipping not even leave amazon till around 7-9PM EST, but it still always got here the next day.

It's probably because I have a Gold Box discount on it. :roll:

At least there's some hope; they didn't change the delivery date... YET. But I don't know how it'll get here on time unless they ship the fucking thing out ASAP.

[quote name='InuFaye']I hope you get it soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. PS: I've always enjoyed your avatars, especially the rich old lady (forget her name) and your current one. Odd, but I like them.

It's not the shipping method that's killing me it's the fact I preordered on feb 25th and it's listed as "backordered" for me.

I normally go for the weirdest things I can find, as they entertain me.

When I transfer a save file in this game, does the game start back at the beginning?

[quote name='InuFaye']
When I transfer a save file in this game, does the game start back at the beginning?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

That's because a lot of the events and such are different in FES.

Alright.

This game is going to eat up so much of my time.
Between this and GTA4 I just want to take a week off work.

[quote name='Rodimus']Will there be a FES Strategy Guide?[/quote]

[quote name='bigl523']Atlus has said that nobody is doing a strategy guide at the moment so I think all people will have is gamefaqs.[/quote]

[quote name='jeremywoods']anyone know if a guide is guna be comin out for this??

:3[/quote]
:cool:

Is this game being pushed back a week? I just got an e-mail that said "Persona 3 FES for the PlayStation®2, the highly anticipated definitive cut of 2007's RPG of the Year, is now shipping to retailers across North America. This is fantastic news for gamers, as it means they'll have something to play during the otherwise boring and uneventful week of April 29th." That's a Tuesday. Weeks don't begin on a Tuesday, and as far as I know, it isn't any special holiday. Why would they write that?

Mine is still showing a ship date of the 28th, might cancel my Amazon preorder and order it through EB.com and use the free 3 day shipping coupon I got through the mail today on it.

[quote name='LordVila']Mine is still showing a ship date of the 28th, might cancel my Amazon preorder and order it through EB.com and use the free 3 day shipping coupon I got through the mail today on it.[/quote]

wouldnt amazon be the cheapest caz of no tax?

UPDATE:

My 2 copies ordered from Amazon.com on March 19th have shipped.

Not sure if it has to do with when I ordered or the fact that i payed using a gift certificiate and effectively "showed them the money"

[quote name='whitereflection']Is this game being pushed back a week? I just got an e-mail that said "Persona 3 FES for the PlayStation®2, the highly anticipated definitive cut of 2007's RPG of the Year, is now shipping to retailers across North America. This is fantastic news for gamers, as it means they'll have something to play during the otherwise boring and uneventful week of April 29th." That's a Tuesday. Weeks don't begin on a Tuesday, and as far as I know, it isn't any special holiday. Why would they write that?[/QUOTE]

Persona 3 Fes wasn't pushed back a week, it all depend on the retailers or wholesellers shipment date. I just came back from a mom and pop store and got one today.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']guides? what?
ever heard of www.gamefaqs.com?[/QUOTE]

The guide written there varies, it all depends on the how the writer explain the details. Many people don't like reading large text based files and prefer a hard copy with images. Plus, most of time niche games or a genre such as rpg (expect mainstream rpg- Final Fantasy, Kingdom Heart, Obilvion, Mass Effect, Pokemon) guides come out very slow in general.

[quote name='aznguyen316']got a shipped notice from amazon =), have prime so 2 day should be here THursday via UPS =)[/QUOTE]

Still nothing from Amazon for me yet. fucking bastards.

[quote name='gobz']UPDATE:

My 2 copies ordered from Amazon.com on March 19th have shipped.

Not sure if it has to do with when I ordered or the fact that i payed using a gift certificiate and effectively "showed them the money"[/quote]

WTF! I ordered on March 1st (less than an hour after Amazon listed) using Prime but still no indication of it being shipped.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Still nothing from Amazon for me yet. fucking bastards.[/quote]

[quote name='rodeojones903']Same here. I placed my order on March 3rd.[/quote]

Did you guys use Prime? If that guy who ordered on 19th is telling the truth I'm going to seriously consider not renewing Prime and shop more elsewhere. Nice of Amazon to screw over a customer who spends at least a $1k each year from them.

[quote name='laaj']Did you guys use Prime? If that guy who ordered on 19th is telling the truth I'm going to seriously consider not renewing Prime and shop more elsewhere. Nice of Amazon to screw over a customer who spends at least a $1k each year from them.[/QUOTE]

I ordered on April 9th. I have a subscription to Prime and of course used it on this order. It still says this on the order status:
When will your items arrive?
Not Yet Shipped:

I too spend hundreds of dollars a year on Amazon. It really pisses me off. I think once my Prime subscription runs out I'll order from B&N for my books (like I used to sometimes before I got Prime, they'd sometimes get stuff in stock faster). My beef isn't that it hasn't shipped yet (as they are often screwy with videogame orders and tend to ship them late), it's that OTHER people's orders have shipped and mine hasn't even though I'm a Prime member. Why the hell are they shipping out people's orders at different times, seemingly regardless of when the order was placed? Seems like a really shitty system for such a big comany; you'd think they'd have better logistics by now.

[quote name='laaj']Did you guys use Prime? If that guy who ordered on 19th is telling the truth I'm going to seriously consider not renewing Prime and shop more elsewhere. Nice of Amazon to screw over a customer who spends at least a $1k each year from them.[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble.. I placed this order on April 10th.. well I placed it before then but canceled b/c I got that $5 coupon from atlus and it was in my gold box lol but yeah.. I'm with the guy above, I paid using gift certificate money. The UPS tracking only says carrier notified to pick up package so we'll see from there. Sorry dude!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I ordered on April 9th. I have a subscription to Prime and of course used it on this order. It still says this on the order status:
When will your items arrive?
Not Yet Shipped:

I too spend hundreds of dollars a year on Amazon. It really pisses me off. I think once my Prime subscription runs out I'll order from B&N for my books (like I used to sometimes before I got Prime, they'd sometimes get stuff in stock faster). My beef isn't that it hasn't shipped yet (as they are often screwy with videogame orders and tend to ship them late), it's that OTHER people's orders have shipped and mine hasn't even though I'm a Prime member. Why the hell are they shipping out people's orders at different times, seemingly regardless of when the order was placed? Seems like a really shitty system for such a big comany; you'd think they'd have better logistics by now.[/quote]

We are on the same boat. My status page still states delivery estimate as April 24th but no sign of it being shipped or even being prepared to be shipped yet.

I know how can they arbitrary ship first to random customers instead of first come first served? IMO it has something to with some random Amazon algorithm which decides heavy spenders will stay with them no matter what but they need to get loyalty from new users. That's dumb if it's true. I'm sure there are plenty of other sellers who'll love to get my money being spent at Amazon currently.

If it doesn't ship tonight, I'm thinking of ordering from Gamestop out of sheer spite, even though I hate Gamestop even more than Amazon and it'd cost me a few extra dollars in tax and a lack of a Gold Box discount.

EDIT: Everyone please post when there is a change in your shipping status so we have updates on this bullshit.

bread's done
Back