The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='daminion']sometimes I hate this site.

I've never even heard of Persona before CAG, but everyone here raves about it and now I find that I really want this game for no good reason.

it better be good![/quote]

it will be

[quote name='JEKKI']ahahaha this game is great, entirely due to the fact that I got to name my main dood Beard Papa~!!

yyyyyyyyeay~!!!!! I'll take six!![/QUOTE]

I love your posts.

And those look delicious.

Yeah the music is hilarious, I love that sample of the guy talking about "putting me in a trance", making sure I don't "hurt nobody" and "rocking my world".

If they changed it it just wouldn't be right.

[quote name='hero101']I give up, I placed a order @ amazon. :cry:[/quote]

j6qruw.gif

[quote name='InuFaye']
j6qruw.gif
[/quote]

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!!

my order from amazon hasnt shipped yet, oh well
give me more time to complete backlogged games

and free shipping + no tax :)

Man, playing on the 80GB is risky. Sometimes when I save it says "save failed" as if the memory card was pulled out. After it says that, sometimes I see that it actually did save, and sometimes it really did fail. Sometimes when I go to the save screen, I see an empty slot where a save file used to be. Bad news...

I have a question, should I buy this now even I have not finished my play through on the first persona 3 yet? Is it going to be hard to find where I should just buy it now though?

[quote name='pete5883']Man, playing on the 80GB is risky. Sometimes when I save it says "save failed" as if the memory card was pulled out. After it says that, sometimes I see that it actually did save, and sometimes it really did fail. Sometimes when I go to the save screen, I see an empty slot where a save file used to be. Bad news...[/QUOTE]
That sucks. Haven't had any problems on my 60GB.

[quote name='willardhaven']Yeah the music is hilarious, I love that sample of the guy talking about "putting me in a trance", making sure I don't "hurt nobody" and "rocking my world".

If they changed it it just wouldn't be right.[/QUOTE]

I say hey, hey, hey! Ba na na neh, ba na na neh...

I was gonna ask about the 80gb compatibility. I had NO problems whatsoever playing the original P3 on my 80gig PS3, but want to double check w/ FES. If this is a consistant or known problem, I may keep my FES sealed and resell for my original P3 back! hahaha

People who are on the fence:

It's a $30 Atlus director's cut rerelease that is actualy good (most Atlus games blow). You are a moron if you are even passingly interested in this game and are still hesitating.

Do you think they are going to release it a third time or something? Persona 4 will be more of the same but it hasn't even been announced or confirmed.

[quote name='slipkornotpsu']I have a question, should I buy this now even I have not finished my play through on the first persona 3 yet? Is it going to be hard to find where I should just buy it now though?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this myself. I have the original one that I haven't finished either but was wondering whether to get this one. I was hoping it was just going to be an expansion disc like in Japan. Is it worth it to keep my original copy and is it worth anything since the new one came out?

How I longed for FES to come out. I went to pickup my preorder yesterday, and I ended up smashing my car right after getting FES. Kinda sad that FES is the last memory I have in my car. Ugh

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']How I longed for FES to come out. I went to pickup my preorder yesterday, and I ended up smashing my car right after getting FES. Kinda sad that FES is the last memory I have in my car. Ugh[/quote]

:/

I read briefly on here something about the game being in a cheaper-than-usual case? Well, whatever the details, this made me examine my preorder pickup a bit more than usual yesterday. First of all, got it for $24.99 at Gamecrazy after pricematching the Fry's ad. But then, as I was being rung up, I examined the case and saw the plastic was slightly torn but below that it had a massive crack right through the case! Fortunately I noticed this in store (thanks to this thread) and I appeared to be the first person picking up a preorder so they were able to give me another copy. Some poor sap is going to get stuck with that bad copy, though (as I think they only got them in for preorders).

^^ yeah I'm gonna miss it.. I can't see myself paying the $75 annually. GREAT for those who use amazon enough, but I don't. but the free trial did make me spend more money haha so smart on their part.

[quote name='io']I read briefly on here something about the game being in a cheaper-than-usual case? Well, whatever the details, this made me examine my preorder pickup a bit more than usual yesterday. First of all, got it for $24.99 at Gamecrazy after pricematching the Fry's ad. But then, as I was being rung up, I examined the case and saw the plastic was slightly torn but below that it had a massive crack right through the case! [/quote]

It uses the new Amaray case without a memory card holder. It feels lighter and the plastic is much more flexible. MLB Power Pros also uses the new case.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That sucks. Haven't had any problems on my 60GB.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='InuFaye']Me neither 60gbs FTW.[/QUOTE]
Dunno, I did a little reading and some 60 giggers had the problem too. Guess I'm just lucky.

Forgot how much of a waste of time some of these "kill a rare monster in a part of the dungeon you don't visit anymore" quests are. Stupid OCD.

Wasn't there a trick to catching rare monsters easier? Something with sending the rest of your party after them? I can't remember.

Mine should arrive Monday, but that's okay, I played and beat P3 so I know what I'm getting into, the anticipation isn't as high. Still I had so much fun with P3, it was my personal game of the year of 07'. I can't wait to play some more.

My Amazon order won't be shipping until Monday for some reason. I don't mind waiting since I've got a lot of other stuff to do right now.

[quote name='willardhaven']True, I meant for the U.S. but my wording was off.[/quote]

Ok. Gotcha.

I think it will come here due to Persona 3s Success.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']How I longed for FES to come out. I went to pickup my preorder yesterday, and I ended up smashing my car right after getting FES. Kinda sad that FES is the last memory I have in my car. Ugh[/quote]
j6qruw.gif

[quote name='aznguyen316']^^ yeah I'm gonna miss it.. I can't see myself paying the $75 annually. GREAT for those who use amazon enough, but I don't. but the free trial did make me spend more money haha so smart on their part.[/quote]

Its worth it in my eyes. I order so much from them.

[quote name='pete5883']Dunno, I did a little reading and some 60 giggers had the problem too. Guess I'm just lucky.

Forgot how much of a waste of time some of these "kill a rare monster in a part of the dungeon you don't visit anymore" quests are. Stupid OCD.

Wasn't there a trick to catching rare monsters easier? Something with sending the rest of your party after them? I can't remember.[/quote]

I played last night for around an hour and a half and no problems.

I went to buy two copies (if they had them) at a local gamestop yesterday and they had gotten in two copies, both of which they had opened for display. Why? I ended up ordering online. I had GS credit to burn, thus why I didn't go with amazon (and no Fry's in my area.) They'd better be sealed.

I just beat "The Answer" mode and I have to say the story is huge disappointment. It not really that deep, voice acting is sub-par with it's the over/under acting and it is loaded with ton of flashback
on how they get their persona
. And the ending is pretty predictable on this whole time zone thing. The game title itself "Persona" tell you what to expect. Or that just me and making too many assumption before playing it. Perhaps, playing so many jrpg I know what to expect. This reason why gameplay or game mechanics are far more important then story itself.

[quote name='pete5883']Man, playing on the 80GB is risky. Sometimes when I save it says "save failed" as if the memory card was pulled out. After it says that, sometimes I see that it actually did save, and sometimes it really did fail. Sometimes when I go to the save screen, I see an empty slot where a save file used to be. Bad news...[/QUOTE]

The same event happen to me as well in 20GB. I only encounter this problem twice, both of them on first few hours I played this game. As I play more and more I never got "save failed" message again.

[quote name='pete5883']Anyone know where I can find the font used in the P3 logo?[/quote]

I want to say it's hand painted but it's a cool logo for sure.

[quote name='fatbeer']I just beat "The Answer" mode and I have to say the story is huge disappointment. It not really that deep, voice acting is sub-par with it's the over/under acting and it is loaded with ton of flashback
on how they get their persona
. And the ending is pretty predictable on this whole time zone thing. The game title itself "Persona" tell you what to expect. Or that just me and making too many assumption before playing it. Perhaps, playing so many jrpg I know what to expect. This reason why gameplay or game mechanics are far more important then story itself.

[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to beat it?

I have a finished game save and one that was about half way in (25-30 hours). Can I use the half way in game save and still experience the new stuff in the original story, or do I have to start over to see the new personas/links/etc.

Ahh crap. I made the assumption that because there was a Japanese expansion that this one would double as an expansion and let you use your old saves. I'm about 20 hours in on the original and guess I'll just be starting over.

bread's done
Back