The Political Machine game...your thoughts on it?

rywateska

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
After reading two articles about this game in CGW I decided to read up on what the CAG community had to say about it. After a search I found nothing on "The Political Machine" so here we go...

"Take command of the campaign of a US presidential campaign in The Political Machine. The new strategy game that covers the race for the white house.  Design or choose your candidate and your opponent and help them run for the nation's highest office."

From the http://www.politicalmachine.com/index.asp?u=0 front page:

Take out ads promoting yourself or smearing your opponent, give rousing speeches on the issues that matter, win the endorsements of those "special interest groups", hire smear merchants, spin doctors, scandal mongers and more to sway voters in those key battle ground states as you head in towards election day.

Candidates can play against the computer or other players via the Internet.  Play in the "real world" modeled using exit polling data, census data, or set up a fantasy map where you control what the issues are.  The Political Machine awaits you.

...the game itself has recieved very high scores & looks like a load of fun to play. Has anyone bought this yet? Reccomend it? Visit the site and post your thoughts up about it here!

5.jpg

nah.... john kerrys drooping jowels scare me. Thats why ill never play it... or watch a tv when his ugly mug is on.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I need to mod it with "assassin" mode...[/quote]

But if you kill them both, like what should happen, then who would be in the game?

[quote name='David85'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I need to mod it with "assassin" mode...[/quote]

But if you kill them both, like what should happen, then who would be in the game?[/quote]

That's what going on now, they're both in NYC and both are being threatened

My newspaper actually gave it a review (quite a surprise considering they usually pick the "biggest" game of the week).

The guy gave it three stars (outa four) and basically talked about his first experience. Said he was gonna play bad, constantly smearing his opponent. Three paragraphs later he finished a rather entertaining story about his failed campaign.

i would get it, but right now ive got twenty dollars with one purpose: Katamari Damacacy

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']My newspaper actually gave it a review (quite a surprise considering they usually pick the "biggest" game of the week).[/quote]
Hmm...Was that a Knight Ridder newspaper?

Anyway, I'd only play this game to enact some of my left-wing fantasies...heh.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'][quote name='AlbinoNinja']My newspaper actually gave it a review (quite a surprise considering they usually pick the "biggest" game of the week).[/quote]
Hmm...Was that a Knight Ridder newspaper?

Anyway, I'd only play this game to enact some of my left-wing fantasies...heh.[/quote]

no, sunday star ledger (NJ)

I enjoyed the game... the first time I played it. Once you beat it a couple of times... it is pretty damned repeatesome. Plus, there are a lot of glaring typos that the developer is refusing to fix that irratate me.

It's for on the cheaps though. You should be able to snag it for $10 at CC. I got mine for $9.99 there (and that was after it was in the ad).

[quote name='Draccius']I enjoyed the game... the first time I played it. Once you beat it a couple of times... it is pretty damned repeatesome. Plus, there are a lot of glaring typos that the developer is refusing to fix that irratate me.

It's for on the cheaps though. You should be able to snag it for $10 at CC. I got mine for $9.99 there (and that was after it was in the ad).[/quote]

repeatsome? You played it too much, you are starting to sound like Bush[/b]

bread's done
Back