The PSP Import Game Thread

I have:

Star Soldier - The Best!!! Playing it took a bit to get use to; holding the PSP long wise; I can't tell you how many kids stop to watch me play this at the airport!
Derby Time (Best Version) - unplayable unless you can read Jap. language, I gambled a lost on this one.
Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - came with a translation manual, thankkfully. It will hit the USA but with less teams.
Puzzle Bobble Pocket - It will hit the USA soon, I think.... but I had to have it.
Guilty Gear XX #Reload - For the price I got it for ($19) I love it
Space Invaders Galaxy Beat - Its OK, not great, got it for $12.

I have on order:

Bleach Heat the Sould 2
Jet de Go! Pocket
Daisenryaku Portable
Reishiki Kanjou Sentouki Seikuuoh aka Zero Type Plane Battle
Fukufuku no Shima
Shinseiki Genso: SSII Unlimited Side
Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: Kamubakku MiniPato
Princess Crown

[quote name='onapartyrock']I have:

Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - came with a translation manual, thankkfully. It will hit the USA but with less teams.

Wait, what do you mean less teams? I thought the game was even going to have commentary and more features?

I've had multiple people tell me the imported Jap version will have more teams than the USA version; I will probably get the USA version to show support for it, but I'd be surprise if our version had more features seeing that it won't sell as well here as it would everywhere else.

I have Guilty Gear, great game plays well on PSP. English Menus easy to follow, story is in Japanese.

Intelligent Cube, fun little puzzle game. Japanese Menus but easy to follow, simple game puzzle gameplay.

Ghost in the Shell, I've only played for a few minutes seemed very bland. Menus in english and game is in Japanese with english subtitles.

Princess Crown, looked like a cool RPG to try out. I think this one is mostly in Japanese. Have not played yet.

Just got Star Solider fun classic shooter with revamped graphics. Menus in Japanese.

Toca Racer looks great and plays great. Korean version but completely in english.

Bleach 2 very nice looking game similar graphicly to Guilty Gear. Menus and story are in Japanese.

I've had GGXX#R for almost a month now and I think it's fantastic. There is some downscaling, but it's otherwise a perfect port.

I have:

Space Invaders: Galaxy Beat
Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Intelligent Cube
Tenchi no Mon demo (Kingdom of Paradise) - (from the July 2005 Famitsu PSP Magazine)
Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master)

Also on order (like so many other people :)):

Princess Crown

I want to buy the UK version of Wipeout Pure so I can download and play the UK exclusive Omega packs. I know that play-asia and lik-sang are good for importing asian videogames, but can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy UK game seller? A good deal would be icing on the cake. Thanks for the help, guys.

I want to buy the UK version of Wipeout Pure so I can download and play the UK exclusive Omega packs. I know that play-asia and lik-sang are good for importing asian videogames, but can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy UK game seller? A good deal would be icing on the cake. Thanks for the help, guys.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']I want to buy the UK version of Wipeout Pure so I can download and play the UK exclusive Omega packs. I know that play-asia and lik-sang are good for importing asian videogames, but can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy UK game seller? A good deal would be icing on the cake. Thanks for the help, guys.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I want to pick up Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire 3 when they come out in the UK. I think they both come out on the 10th of February.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']I want to buy the UK version of Wipeout Pure so I can download and play the UK exclusive Omega packs. I know that play-asia and lik-sang are good for importing asian videogames, but can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy UK game seller? A good deal would be icing on the cake. Thanks for the help, guys.[/QUOTE]

bump. anybody?

i'm still wondering. anyone?

I'm still wondering. Can anyone help?

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']I'm still wondering. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

Just ordered one, they ship to the US:

WipEout Pure PSP 1 £24.99
non european postage - £4.95
Total : £29.94

Works out to be under $54US shipped , your CC may charge you a conversion fee.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=PP0019&title=wipeout_pure

Edit: Just canceled my order; you need a PSP with a UK serial # to download packs for this game; it won't let you do so with a US serial #.

[quote name='onapartyrock'] Just canceled my order; you need a PSP with a UK serial # to download packs for this game; it won't let you do so with a US serial #.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind if I ask what your source is on this? 1up.com said that you just need the European version of the game, not a UK PSP. Thanks for the info.

My source is the download site for the packs, I went to download it and to do so I had to register a PSP unit to get access to it. To get the UK version I had to Register a European model with a vaild serial #. It also reqiured a vaild address; did not give a US address as an option; I suppose you could luck out and guess a valid serial number over time.

Also did a google search and found others had the same issue. I suppose you may be able to find some other quasi-legal, unoffical means to get it (itbay orrenttay); but I rather have it first before shelling out the money.

Great company, they confirmed order cancelation hours after the request.​

[quote name='crowbb']Super Robot Wars MX Portable is an excellent game.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even realize this was on PSP... have to get it when I get some cash.

And wow, why is the UK getting Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire 3 so much earlier then us? Neither even have dates in EB / GS online so preorder =/ I will probably import both, as well.

That one site is a bit pricey though... $43 for Breath of Fire 3 and $52 for Tales of Eternia.

[quote name='onapartyrock']
My source is the download site for the packs, I went to download it and to do so I had to register a PSP unit to get access to it. To get the UK version I had to Register a European model with a vaild serial #. It also reqiured a vaild address; did not give a US address as an option; I suppose you could luck out and guess a valid serial number over time.

Also did a google search and found others had the same issue. I suppose you may be able to find some other quasi-legal, unoffical means to get it (itbay orrenttay); but I rather have it first before shelling out the money.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info, buddy. looks like i'll be ohmega-less for the forseeable future.

[quote name='onapartyrock']

[/QUOTE]

my research shows that you only need a pal version of the game, and you can download the omega packs here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/143

i think i'm gonna give it a shot. i'll keep you posted.

I'd really love to import Colin McRae Rally for the PSP from Europe. Does anybody by chance have it already, and if so, how is it?

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']my research shows that you only need a pal version of the game, and you can download the omega packs here:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/143

i think i'm gonna give it a shot. i'll keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

Well, that would fall under the categoty of unoffical source, I might give it a try too. For the $60 or so this is going to cost these better be some damn great courses.

I might try some hints I got on getting a used copy for much less.

[quote name='onapartyrock']Well, that would fall under the categoty of unoffical source, I might give it a try too. For the $60 or so this is going to cost these better be some damn great courses.

I might try some hints I got on getting a used copy for much less.[/QUOTE]
keep me posted.

A used copy I found wasn't going to be much cheaper than a new one, so I have ordered:

Wipeout Pure UK
Colin McRae Rally 2005 Plus
Kao Challengers

I should also be getting *fingers crossed* a CD with all US and Euro wipeout downloads. Its going to be atleast two weeks until I get back home so I hope they are all in by then.

[quote name='Roufuss']And wow, why is the UK getting Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire 3 so much earlier then us? Neither even have dates in EB / GS online so preorder =/ I will probably import both, as well.

That one site is a bit pricey though... $43 for Breath of Fire 3 and $52 for Tales of Eternia.[/QUOTE]

They are cheaper than Lik-Sang. Both Breath of Fire 3 and Tales of Eternia are $60 shipped there. I was going to import Tales of Eternia from them, but I think I might just hold off until it's released here in the US now.

OMG!

I just got a new favorite game today, as I was packing for my business trip over the next few weeks there was a knock at the door.

Postman had a packkage.... from Liksang! Yeah!

I got my copy of Reishiki Kanjou Sentouki Seikuuoh (aka Zero Type Plane Battle)

All I can say is wow, I now don't want to leave as I have to leave the PSP home since this trip would require me to leave it in the car and I don't want to do that.

Basic menus are English, more detailed menus are Japanese (setting up conflicts, selecting aircraft, etc) but is very easy to figure out. The keylayout menu is all english so that made learning the game a breeze. My first taste, a free flight mission:

A start of in a Japanese Zero (It look like you can be any plane), flying 3,000 feet of the ocean; there is a small dot in the ocean off in the distance. Suddenly there are three rapidly approaching dots in the sky, now six; as they get close it becomes apparent they are planes. Without warning there is a hail of gun fire surrounding my plane!

I take out two as they approach, did not have time to watch they go down as there are now four behind me. I lower my speed and hit my flaps, the one behind me that had bullets going all around me is suddenly above me and I position myself to point at it and fire.... bye bye!

Now the other planes pull back, wtf? Flak starts to exploded, tracers are comming up from what was a dot but now an aircraft carrier, two destroyers and a submarine. Puffs of black smoke fill the air in from of me.

I put the flaps back up, do a barrel roll and am aimed, upside down, at the top desk of the carrier. I quickly right myself and as the control tower flys pass my right I drop two bombs. I pull up, do a wide turn to see fire and smoke pouring out of the ship.

I manage to take out the other ships with some effort, although since smaller they were harder targets and actually over shot them a few times.

Played it on easy level.

This game alone would be a reason to have the PSP. I hope I have more time to play some real missions before I leave, if I wasn't going to be is some bad areas I'd take it with me; but I'm not going to have much time to play anyways and this going to be too tempting.

some of these games sound sweet, I am looking towards getting

DJ MAX Portable
Taiko No Tatsujin
and
Katamari

Anybody played these? They all look really interesting, especially DJ max..

[quote name='onapartyrock']A used copy I found wasn't going to be much cheaper than a new one, so I have ordered:

Wipeout Pure UK[/QUOTE]
did you buy it from gameplay.co.uk?

So far i've imported

Bought Bleach 1 When I was in Japan
Bought Katamari from yesasia
And Just bought DJmax portable presteige set from playasia (89+17) OUCH
Exit I might have but i'm not for lemmings type gameplay and it requires firmware 2.5

[quote name='Zoglog']Exit I might have but i'm not for lemmings type gameplay and it requires firmware 2.5[/QUOTE]
shit! is the us version going to require 2.5, as well? do you have a source you can link me to on this?

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']shit! is the us version going to require 2.5, as well? do you have a source you can link me to on this?[/QUOTE]

It might have been from 1up. I forgot where I heard it. Katamari only requires 2.0 tho.

[quote name='Zoglog']Katamari only requires 2.0 tho.[/QUOTE]
well, thats good news. if it required 2.1 or greater i would have been more than a little pissed.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']did you buy it from gameplay.co.uk?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were the cheapest for Wipeout I could find overall for shipping and game together. I got the others from liksang with free shipping and about $15 less each than gameplay.

The bonus disc I whould be getting from a dude in England, he was selling it on UK's ebay but the auction was canceled after I paid for it due to Sony shutting it down.... he just emailed me to say no worries it is on the way. If you want one contact him at [email protected], he may be able to get you any add on for a UK game that your unable to since if Sony keeps the USA PSPs from getting other countries downloads.

The dollar seems to be really weak right now against the Sterling Pound and Euro, so $50 shipped might be the cheapest you will find Wipeout. Also found many people on UK Ebay won't ship outside the UK and those that would wanted over $25 for shipping. One guy I found that would was only $5 cheaper than a new one from gameplay so I gave up and got it new.

^thanks for all the info, man; much appreciated. i'll probably be picking up wipeout pure (uk) in the next couple of weeks. in the meantime, keep me posted on how yours works out with adding the omega packs, etc. thanks again.

Anyway to find out if any of the games have english option or don't have much japanese text to read or need to read?

I am new the the PSP scene. I was given Bleach 2 today as a gift and I must say it is great. Thanx for the all the suggestions you guys tossed out. You guys are really giving me many reasons to love this system ^^

bread's done
Back