The "Punqsux Edited My Title But He Was Cool About It So I'll Let It Go" OTT ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is too much time spent on a dumb topic that should be in the site news and feedback forum, if anywhere. What the deal here, cousins? The original topic title was vulgar. I didn't find it offensive, but someone else certainly could have, so it was changed. It was a logical decision and within the charter for mods. Yeah, there have been other vulgar ones in the past, but this isn't the past, this is now. Quit arguing balls and shrikes.

[quote name='JSweeney']Probably only because you disagree and because it's Shrike. If it were Jaket, Punqsux, Ledhed, or likely any other moderator, I doubt you'd take such umbrage with the action.[/QUOTE]
Woah, hey, Punq can do no wrong. Once he wins the coveted mod of the year award, comments like that will have no place on this web forum.

[quote name='zewone']No, you're wrong. If anyone of them did that I would be doing the same thing. The difference is none of the mods you listed would pull such a lame move. But you can always count on shrike.[/QUOTE]

You know, I really wish I could believe that, but I don't think you could.

I'm fairly certain at some point ANY of those mods could make a moderation you don't agree with. I still doubt your reaction would be the same.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Woah, hey, Punq can do no wrong. Once he wins the coveted mod of the year award, comments like that will have no place on this web forum.[/QUOTE]

When Punq does win the Mod of the Year award, his name will be excised from that comment. Of course, it's probably all academic at this point... all of the ballots have been taken and need to be read, but we all know the defacto truth.

[quote name='onetrackmind']that was awesome! ^^^[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, that was my wit wad for the week I blew there. I'm going to be all "haha, farts are funny!" for the remainder.

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, I really wish I could believe that, but I don't think you could.

I'm fairly certain at some point ANY of those mods could make a moderation you don't agree with. I still doubt your reaction would be the same[/quote]
Again, you are wrong. You don't know me, so when I tell you I would do the same thing, believe it.

Well, today has been a day of ups and downs for sure. It'll probably pan out to mediocre, which is expected:

Got paid... but only from one job and I have to share that cut with my brother/assistant. Don't get paid from the other job until Monday. :evil:

My brother bought a PSP for $10 a month. It'll be fun to mess with that, and have a portable media device.

My new HP all-in-one should arrive today... but it's by FedEx. Those bastards are like ninjas. One soft knock on the door and they run off with your package. Then you have to go to the damn store to pick it up.

Got the broken truck fixed. Still have to work on the AC, but at least it runs well now and the parts/labor was only $5!

Karma's a funny thing, I guess. But my good and bad swings come very quickly. Odd...

[quote name='zewone']Again, you are wrong. You don't know me, so when I tell you I would do the same thing, believe it.[/QUOTE]

You are right about that... I don't know you.
However, your behavior on the boards speaks to what your actions could be.
I'd take history and precident over your word any day of the week.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']since zewone has the coolest avatar, he wins this round[/QUOTE]
Thanks :D , I'm done with this topic about how uncool shrike is for now.

I wish apple were converting their whole line over to intel at once. I'd get a Mini Mac if not for the fact that it's still running on IBM chips.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']since zewone has the coolest avatar, he wins this round[/QUOTE]

Nope. Punq wins, as it becomes clearer that he will be "Mod of the Year".
Now we just need to character assassinate the rest of the mods to be sure of it :)

[quote name='JSweeney']You are right about that... I don't know you.
I'd take history and precident over your word any day of the week.[/QUOTE]
Kiss my dick. Did you see that one coming with histroy and precident?

Since you're all being a bunch of homos, this seems to be the perfect place for this.
*removed for content*
*removed for content*
*removed for content*

[quote name='zewone']Kiss my dick. Did you see that one coming with histroy and precident?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually they did forsee something like that, because it's not like vulgarity, immaturity and overreacting are exactly out of character for you.

It's funny because when I read his posts I do the "Sweeny voice" in my head and it makes it all a little funnier, weather he's trying to be funny or not.

[quote name='JSweeney']Yeah, actually they did forsee something like that, because it's not like vulgarity, immaturity and overreacting are exactly out of character for you.[/QUOTE]
And douchebagness is totally your bag baby. Get the fuck out of here. You're a joke and shell of your former self.

[quote name='Kayden']Since you're all being a bunch of homos, this seems to be the perfect place for this.[/QUOTE]
Well it is exactly as funny as the rest of this tickle fight.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']My new HP all-in-one should arrive today... but it's by FedEx. Those bastards are like ninjas. One soft knock on the door and they run off with your package. Then you have to go to the damn store to pick it up.[/quote]

Mother fuckers here are like burglars, they try to open the door and put it inside the house! They rang the doorbell the other morning before I left for class, scared the shit out of me.. I went to open it, and I heard the screen door open.. I was like holy shit, someone's trying to break in, and I jumped a step back and got in my ready-to-kick-ass stance, then they left. Opened the door and there was the package. They've literally opened our door and put it in the house before.

[quote name='Scorch']Mother fuckers here are like burglars, they try to open the door and put it inside the house! They rang the doorbell the other morning before I left for class, scared the shit out of me.. I went to open it, and I heard the screen door open.. I was like holy shit, someone's trying to break in, and I jumped a step back and got in my ready-to-kick-ass stance, then they left. Opened the door and there was the package. They've literally opened our door and put it in the house before.[/QUOTE]
What kind of burglar would ring the doorbell? I mean, they should, like that scene in Transporter, because that was hell of cool, but in reality?

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I don't win? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, it kinda looks like the person on the left in your avy is covered in birth fluid, so you'll have to accept runner -up

[quote name='JimmieMac']It's funny because when I read his posts I do the "Sweeny voice" in my head and it makes it all a little funnier, weather he's trying to be funny or not.[/QUOTE]

Is that the annoying high pitched whiny variant, the boring monotone droning variant, or the "overly accelerated fine print reading" variant?

[quote name='JSweeney']You are right about that... I don't know you.
I'd take history and precident over your word any day of the week.[/QUOTE]
If you follow the guidelines of history and precedence, then the fact that this ott was edited due to offensiveness while others in the past had not been should really bother you.

[quote name='jmcc']What kind of burglar would ring the doorbell? I mean, they should, like that scene in Transporter, because that was hell of cool, but in reality?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, a burglar could do that and if someone answers, pretend to be a salesman or something, could be a check to see if anyone's home.. it's possible.

I need to see the Transporter.

I like how Kayden was here all the time, then he left and now that he's back, nobody cares. It's funny at the end of the day when you skim thru all this shit and see that nobody ever talks to him but yet he continues to post.

Tenacity or stupidity?

You figure it out, I'm goin to get my hair cut then I'm makin ice cream. Ice cream with chunks of stuff in it. Nobody does it better.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I like how Kayden was here all the time, then he left and now that he's back, nobody cares. It's funny at the end of the day when you skim thru all this shit and see that nobody ever talks to him but yet he continues to post.

Tenacity or stupidity?

You figure it out, I'm goin to get my hair cut then I'm makin ice cream. Ice cream with chunks of stuff in it. Nobody does it better.[/QUOTE]
Take out Kayden and put in Morbid. Fits better.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Well, it kinda looks like the person on the left in your avy is covered in birth fluid, so you'll have to accept runner -up[/QUOTE]
So cruel.

[quote name='beerguy961']There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on Earth[/QUOTE]

That's fuckin trippy when you really think about it.

[quote name='jmcc']I'm sure most of it's boring and working third shift most of the time gets old quick, but I'm almost tempted to switch to astronomy of some kind as a major. I mean, damn, our universe if gorgeous in places: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0510/OrionBeltx_demartin_f.jpg[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a really beautiful sight.

Nowadays, I try to take the time to enjoy the small things in life. Stuff that's really beautiful like how I would exercise along the bayfront near 6 in the morning, and the sun would rise as I was finishing my walk.

That, and I love those days where the sun is shining outside, and there's a cool breeze that always wraps around you, so you never feel hot.

That, and for one short moment when I wake up and wash my face... I'm good-looking for moment. Can't explain that one, though.

What are some of the little things in life that you all enjoy?

[quote name='beerguy961']That's how big space really is...[/QUOTE]
And that's just counting our universe. If the theory that our universe is just one bubble in an even huger multiverse, then numbers pretty well break down. What's the point of them, if we can never wrap our minds around them?

[quote name='jmcc']And that's just counting our universe. If the theory that our universe is just one bubble in an even huger multiverse, then numbers pretty well break down. What's the point of them, if we can never wrap our minds around them?[/QUOTE]
It's like trying to count up to a google, it'll never happen...

So throught the years I have been getting my cans jacked. So now I moved them from the side of my house to the back, right outside of my window.

And if they get caught

Also I wonder what the fuck is my neighbors problem. fucken assholes

[quote name='IMDB']Steven Spielberg, who devoted a section of his production offices to arcade games even before personal computers made their appearance, has become the first major director to sign a deal with a videogame publisher to create a series of game franchises. Electronic Arts said Thursday that under the deal, Spielberg, who it said is already at work on the first title, will have the rights to turn the games into future movies. In an interview with the website TheStreet.com, Neil Young, general manager of Electronic Arts's office in Playa Vista, CA, acknowledged, "We haven't been able to deliver on the full promise of the media. ... What we're phenomenal at is building games, game design. What we're not great at is the narrative. ... We think [Spielberg] will accelerate our knowledge and understanding of that." Separately, Young told the Los Angeles Times: "We're trying to answer the question: Can a computer game make you cry? ... Partnering with Steven, we're going to get closer to answering it, and maybe we'll answer it together."[/quote]
Cinematic games? I don't know. I assume such things have never been done before, since EA and Spielberg think they have a unique idea here.

[quote name='jmcc']Cinematic games? I don't know. I assume such things have never been done before, since EA and Spielberg think they have a unique idea here.[/QUOTE]
As long as we don't end up with another Minorty Report game, anything they do should be a step in the right direction.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']If you follow the guidelines of history and precedence, then the fact that this ott was edited due to offensiveness while others in the past had not been should really bother you.[/QUOTE]

If the only consideration was established precedant and history, then yes, it would be disconcerting that one would flout the established rules of moderation for the board. However, it is not unreasonable for a mod to make any moderation they see fit under thier charter, as it uses the moderator's personal values for the basis of thier moderations. Unless CheapyD wrote down a specific set of rules dictating moderator behavior that was not subjective in that manner, it's hard to get all that offended. You can gripe and complain, but that won't change the way that moderator behaves. I have little need to see Jaket as a moderator, as he's trolled as much as many users, but so long as CheapyD has him as a mod, he is... and it's his subjective judgements that guide how he moderates.

[quote name='punqsux']moderation is subjective. deal with it.

EDIT: Vote punqsux for mod of the year. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what I just said, mod of the year candidate Punq?

[quote name='JSweeney']I have little need to see Jaket as a moderator, as he's trolled as much as many users, but so long as CheapyD has him as a mod, he is... and it's his subjective judgements that guide how he moderates.[/QUOTE]
Whats the difference between me saying I don't like the way shrike mods and you saying you don't like the way Jaket mods?

You should run on the bot vote Punq.

It worked for Nixon.

20030804-feedyourheadnixon.jpg

[quote name='zewone']Whats the difference between me saying I don't like the way shrike mods and you saying you don't like the way Jaket mods?[/QUOTE]

I'm not attacking Jaket as a person. I'll talk about his behavior and his actions, but I'll not talk ill of Jaket as a person. I don't know him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back