The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan should use that white mic all the time.

CM Punk's new "I'm a douche" gimmick kinda stinks.

There will be. Super Shredder was trending after that entrance.

I'm hopefully not the only person that was reminded of the original Raw for Xbox reveal trailer when Taker and Kane did the double chokeslam...actually I probably am.

Was sort of assuming they'd start a big Summer angle like they had the last few years tonight. That was dumb of me.

Don't really consider a heel turn a big angle, at least not in comparison to the last two years.

Punk turning to start a feud with the Rock isn't a big angle? Ok.

Edit: The show they've been hyping for months ends with Punk laying out the biggest mainstream name in WWE history and presumably turning heel in the process (thankfully). Looks like he'll be champ until the Rumble.

While Punk is a much better heel, I think turning him now is a mistake. That leaves us with, once again, Cena being really the only standard roster main-event face on Raw. I don't see how that helps.

I didn't hate Raw, but it did nothing to inspire me to watch three hours every week.

It wasn't the best episode or bad, but it was good. I'm disappointed Stone Cold didn't make an appearance. Where is he?

I really hope they don't move the title back to the 9:50 "main event" slot after that. They need to let people know that Punk is the man now.

[quote name='JP']It was the same gear he came out with at Mania.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I still haven't seen that one.

I liked King saying that no one has ever called their shot with the MITB briefcase. It was only the main event of ONS 2006 and led to the (admittedly unfortunate) resurrection of ECW but whatevs.

Best part for me was seeing DX back in the ring...man do i miss those DX days.

:lol:
untitled-15d5k39.gif

Also, i kept waiting to hear "Glass Break" as an intro music at the end there.. :cry:

[quote name='Spyder187']I am sorry to tell you guys this, but last weeks Impact was honestly better than the 1,000th episode of RAW.[/QUOTE]

You're making yourself sound more retarded than you usually do.

Raw thoughts -

The new THEN NOW FOREVER tag seems fairly pretentious, but man did that show-opening video rule. Very surprised to see Flair in it, and Eddie's memorial show just due to it being a death show. Very GIF-worthy deal. Surprised to see Vince out at 8 since the pre-show video said it would be DX, as did all the ads throughout the week. The new graphics are sleak, and the set of tits on the chick behind King were nice. I wanted to strangle Cole as he put over DX with five thousand words, including giving them all the credit for the Attitude era, and said that they were ATTITUDINAL! Loved Pac, Billy, and Road Dogg. Pac's got a gut to him, while Billy hasn't aged much. Ya know, tonight would be a great night just to give the Outlaws the tag titles. Not like they mean shit anyway. Really could've done without HHH putting himself over and knocking everyone else for losing their hair. This has designated points of sucking, which led to Damien Sandow coming out and saving it. Could've done without Sandow basically calling himself a jobber in front of them. Didn't help that he got "hit" by a superkick that missed by a mile and only ate the finishers of HHH and HBK - the others couldn't even get a finisher in. HHH stripped him down and threw him out, in case HHH hadn't been put over enough over the course of 1,000 shows.

They hyped up sending virtual messages to AJ and Bryan - can I send them virtual items in Farmville? Also, twitter handles now take up as much space on pre-match graphics as the actual name. Loved J.R. getting his own intro. Rey, Sin Cara and Sheamus faced Jericho, Dolph, and Del Rio. LOLed at Cole calling Sin Cara Rey. Cole rattled off a stat meant to put over Jericho, but really put over HHH, who definitely needs help having his accomplishments brought up. Sheamus and Jericho botched the Irish Curse, so they redid it again. Sheamus kicked Jericho's face off to win. Fine match, but not quite what I was expecting. I think the intros might've taken more time than the match. And of course, Cole excused J.R. from the show after the opener. They showed some wacky Touts, including one fan wearing a nice outfit and going Yes! and another one blowing a raspberry. Shocked to see Sheen via Skype. Layla and AJ did a wacky skit with Duggan, Piper, Little Jimmy, and Mae's son the hand. LOLed at the hand, not the rest. They should mass-market the hand outfit. They shilled Sonic's smoothie shamelessly.

The dactyls have shorts! THE DACTYLS HAVE SHORTS! Also, you can now SHAZAM entrance themes. Brodus's American flag gear makes him look even fatter, and the indy Dude Love gear sucks. HHH and Trish shilled yoga and recreated the HHH/Trish deal with her apparently fucking him in the ass now. Road Dogg made jokes about it and that that was. Bryan met with dudes...and this led to the wedding opening the second hour. Slick came out as A TRAILBLAZER. Well, he was the first stereotypical black pimp character in WWE. Slick referenced his yardbird skit on the Piledriver video. Slick ruled. SLICK, I SAID SLICK-AH, RULED-AH! He agreed to marry her, but she didn't want to marry him - SHE GOT A PROPOSAL FROM VINCE...who said she was the new GM of Raw. That was something. AJ overkill will be further overkilled next week. AJ skipping in the gown ruled. Crowd died with this. Bryan had a tremendous facial expression when Vince came out.

Punk came out, mocked him, which led to Bryan saying he's the greatest of all-time...which led to The Great One coming out. The Rock, Punk, and Bryan in the ring at once...wow. Rock announced that he gets the champ at the Rumble and he Rock Bottomed Bryan. This ruled. Could've done without Brock being brought into this Tout bullshit. Bret, fresh off his UFC appearance, came out to ring announce. Loved Bret putting over Perfect, although I thought that would lead to him doing this for Hennig's son, instead, it was the IC Title match. Miz got a shot...for losing his MITB match. They went to a break and Cole said that this match was the one The Universe picked...HOW!? They could only pick one guy in it, not the other. Loved Miz's short DDT counter to the spear. Miz won after the Finale. Loved how much emotion he showed in winning...and then he made a hilarious O face when he was given the belt.

Loved Regis putting over WWE and even showing off THE DESTROYER. Poor guy sounds old as hell though. HHH came out in his ridiculous DX getup for the Brock deal. They showed Brock doing the Kimura, which was great since I'd forgotten this being about a broken arm. I thought it was all about lawsuits. HHH and Heyman had some great stuff going until Steph's goofy rap theme hit. Then she acted like a complete bitch, put over how her kids can be proud of their daddy and grand dad, mocked Heyman for his failings in WCW (huh?) and ECW, which is amazing since at least Paul tried to do something on his own, unlike anything's Steph done... Anyway, Brock came out in a new weathervane shirt and brawled with HHH. Dug everything in it outside of Brock being sent packing. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to like HHH - he had to have his wife come out and do his job for him, and all she did was take cheap shots at someone. This was really underwhelming given that it was Brock's first Raw appearance in three months. Nothing came of that Tout they brought up from Heyman and Brock earlier, so that appeared to just be a way to poorly attach it to a hot angle.

They showed some goofy Touts - loved the Brit with the Jericho jacket though. They showed a Cena-Austin WWE '13 video to hype up the Austin-McMahon feud. Santino and Hornswoggle came out to shill the WWE Brawlin Buddies...good lord. I assume they did this just to make sure that anyone who tuned in for the first time in years wouldn't watch again. Fink got to announce Heath's match. Lita came out in a sports bra. Thank God her tits aren't PG. Actually, Slater's might be biggers than her. The APA came out to kick his ass, but first, he had to get thrown back in by all the guys who beat him up before. Loved Heath's sell of the clothesline from Hell. Loved Slaughter checking the arm after Slater got his ass kicked. Loved Sean Mooney's deal with Bryan - dude hasn't aged much, and they appear to be making Bryan a life coach whose life is falling apart. Alex Guerrero is WWE's one hundred-millionth social media follower! Loved Cole's wacky face he made after interviewing him. Fozzie introduced another video (dedicated to catchphrases) to ensure that more lapsed fans make sure to not watch again. The video included a sign with WE LIKE IT HARDCORE DOGGY STYLE. PG. Even with this being the OMGBIGGESTSHOWEVER, they had a ton of filler. Gene looked awesome in his white suit, shame that a comedy skit with Ryder was used for Rock-Cena hype. Jinder brought out a bunch of Superstars guys to interrupt Kane, which led to Taker coming out to help his brother. I guess lighting a BBQ outweighs burying him alive. Taker's intro will never not rule. This was fun, if a bit of a waste to use one of 'Taker's last physical deals on Raw on Superstars dudes. REALLY could've done without the immediate Be a Star deal right after the beating. This segment went from being a lot of fun to feeling like corporate bullshit.

They did another deal with Sheen that seems to be building up Bryan-Sheen in some form at Summerslam. At 10:53, the intros for the WWE Title match began. Loved Punk initiating the code of honor handshake. Oddly, they brought up all the great former WWE Champions on the show, didn't mention Brock, but of course mentioned HHH's name first. Loved Punk doing the you can't see me Shining Wizard. After maybe ten minutes, they did a ref bump caused by Cena. Show ran down and KOed Cena. This led to one fan going TNA over and over. Punk went for the pin, got a 2 count for it, which led to an STF out of a GTS attempt and another show run-in for the DQ. I liked Punk doing nothing while Rock came out to kick Show's ass, only to get stopped by Punk. After being overshadowed for nearly a year, Punk stood tall over Cena, Show, and the Rock. Show ended with King saying that CM Punk turned on the WWE Universe...boy that sounded lame. They showed heelish teases for Punk throughout the show, which I liked since it set up the final deal well, but the over-corporate commentary really hurt it. Still, Punk-Rock at the Rumble should be awesome, and kudos to Rock for at least trying to get a new star over...ya know what, given how well that rub worked for Miz and Truth, I won't wish that on Punk.

Screens -

BITCH, THESE MY FLOWAS!

I'M...

The Champ!

#breasteses

Quotes -
Cole – FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME, WE WELCOME YOU TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW!
Vince – WOW, ONE THOUSAND EPISODES. I just wanna say thank you.
Crowd – THANK YOU VINCE!
Cole – INDEED, THANK YOU VINCE!
Vince – PLEASE WELCOME DEGENERATION X!
HBK – I think I forgot something – I've got my pants on and feel my underwear bunching up. But something's missing.
HHH – I can't put my finger on it – you've got all your gratitutious merch on. What could it be?
HBK - Is your underwear on?
HHH – Check. Wait – DIDN'T THERE USED TO BE MORE OF US!?
Road Dogg – WE'RE ABOUT TO TAKE YOU ON A MISSOURI BOAT RIDE RIGHT DOWN MEMORY LANE! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TONIGHT, D-X PROUDLY BRINGS TO YOU ITS FIVE TIME WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD! THE ROAD DOGG, THE BAD BEEP BILLY GUNN – THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS!
Billy – This is my part...
HHH – Yeah, but he'll lose his smile, and he'll do stuff like pose for Playgirl!
HBK – I WAS YOUNG AND NEEDED THE MONEY!
Cole – IT WOULDN'T BE RAW WITHOUT GOOD OLD J.R.!
Cole – Ziggler drives the elbow into Rey. (onto Sin Cara)
Cole – THIS IS JERICHO 360TH MATCH ON RAW – SECOND ONLY TO HHH!
JR – Sheamus is a walking slobberknocker!
HHH – It's tight...
Road Dogg – We'll just wiat in the backdoor...um...in the rear...
Slick – MARRIAGE! MARRIAGE! I SAID MARRIAGE! IS A LIFETIME INSTITUTION! MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN TWO ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY IN LOVE PEOPLE! If there's anyone here tonight who can show just cause why these two shouldn't be married, speak now or forever now hold ya peace! Daniel, do you take AJ to be your lawfully-wedding wife?
Bryan – YES!
Slick – AND DO YOU AJ...
AJ – YES YES YES!
Slick – WELL, I GUESS THAT SAYS IT ALL. By the powah vested in me by the state of...
AJ – Wait. I wasn't saying yes to Daniel... I WAS SAYING YES TO SOMEONE ELSE! Another man. Another man who made a proposal to me earlier tonight.
Punk – I didn't come out here to rub it in your face... BUT YA DID JUST GET STOOD UP AT THE ALTER! Honestly, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I think everyone's in collective shock and awe that she woudln't want to marry such a nice guy. And you're throwing a fit...and I guess I would if I was in your shoes. AJ's the GM, which doesn't bode well for your luck. I'll continue to be the BEST IN THE WORLD.
Bryan – Best in the world...BEST IN THE WORLD. YOU'RE NOT EVEN THE BEST IN THIS RING TONIGHT! Lemme tell ya something Punk – not only am I better than you, I AM THE GREATEST SUPERSTAR OF ALL TIME! YOU HEAR ME? GREATEST OF ALL-TIME!
Rock – You don't get to say who the greatest of all time is. THEY GET TO SAY WHO THE GREATEST OF ALL-TIME IS! FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO SAINT LOOOOOUUUUUUIIIISSSS! Ya see the Rock says...
Bryan – HEY! I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOU...
Rock – NA NA NA NA NO! You just don't cut the Rock off like that. You don't ever cut the Rock off, cuz what you don't understand is this – it was here where the Rock won his first WWE Title. But see, the Rock isn't here now to talk to Frodo – no. THE ROCK IS HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! Rock just got word that at the Rumble, whoever the champ is GOES ONE ON ONE WITH THE GREAT ONE! AND THAT NIGHT, THEY WILL DEFEND THEIR TITLE AGAINST THE ROCK!
Punk – I'll fill in that blank – YOU'RE LOOKING AT HIM. TONIGHT, I'M GONNA BEAT CENA, AND IF YOU WANT A MATCH AT THE RUMBLE, YOU'VE GOT IT. PUNK-ROCK SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, JUST LIKE I BEAT CENA TONIGHT, I'LL BEAT YOU AT THE RUMBLE!
Rock – Like the Rock said, the Rock won his first WWE Title here, so it's fitting that the Rock says that CM Punk – BEST IN THE WORLD, THE ROCK WILL BE THE NEXT WWE CHAMPION!
Bryan – NO NO NO. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE GREATEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE! YOU WANNA KNOW WHO YOU'LL FIGHT, ROCKY? SOMEHOW, YOU'LL FIGHT ME! AND NOT ONLY WILL I BE THE CHAMPION, I'LL BE THE FACE OF THE WWE!
Rock – The face? THAT THE ROCK IS LOOKING AT!? What we're looiking at is what would happen if a homeless lumberjack banged an oompa loompa! OOMPA LOOMPA, YOU LOOK LIKE A TROLL FROM LORD OF THE RINGS! The Rock didn't come here to talk to you, oompa loompa. Punk, kick ass. Oompa, sorry you didn't get married, but the Rock got you a gift anyway (Rock Bottom)
Bret – One of the best moments of my career was winning the IC title from Mr. Perfect. It's an honor to introduce the two competitors in tonight's IC Title match. First, the champion, Christian! AND HIS OPPONENT the Miz.
King – GO FOR A COVER. COME ON, THAT DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
Miz – I'M THE IC CHAMPION, AND I'M AWESOME!
HHH – I came out here to talk to the horse's head, not his ass!
Heyman – I see your negotiation skills have improved since we last spoke. You're right about one thing – my client Brock Lesnar is here tonight, and my client Brock Lesnar has authorized me to answer your question right now. You want a match with Summerslam? YOU WANT TO FIGHT BROCK LESNAR AT SUMMERSLAM!? YOU WAIT TO MAIN EVENT SUMMERSLAM AGAINST BROCK..and his answer to you is...NO! Sorry.
HHH – I'm tired of this crap, Heyman, if he's here and doesn't wanna come out, I can go back there and I find him.
Heyman – You already have 2 suits against you and WWE, now you want a 3rd, is that what's best for business Mr. COO?
HHH – I DON'T GIVE A CRAP AT THIS POINT. You telling me he's such a coward that he won't tell me no to my face? BIG BAD BROCK's...nothing but a coward. HE'S AFRAID OF ME!? IS THAT THE DEAL!?
Heyman – NAME-CALLING? YOU'RE GONNA RESORT TO NAME-CALLING TO FIGHT BROCK!? Are you a child? That's what I teach my children not to do, Is that what you teach your children...
HHH – Don't talk about my family or my kids...
Heyman – Hey, I'm sorry, okay. You're 100% right and I apologize to you – as Brock's advocate, I shouldn't talk about your children. I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM. YOU EVER HEAR THAT THE SINS OF THE FATHER SHALL BE VISITED BY THE SON...
Steph – YOU DO NOT EVER SPEAK ABOUT MY CHILDREN EVER AGAIN! If you wanna make things personal, let's talk about what the lawsuits are about – you masking your failures at WCW, ECW, AND YOUR FAILURES AT WWE! You call yourself a visionary, when it comes to MY FATHER, YOU'RE JUST LOOKING IN THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR!
Heyman – Want me to talk about daddy...
Steph – AT LEAST MY DADDY HAD THE GUTS TO STEP IN THE RING WITH MY HUSBAND, UNLIKE BROCK. MY KIDS ARE PROUD OF THEIR DAD AND GRANDFATHER, UNLIKE YOUR KIDS, WHO ARE ASHAMED TO HAVE YOU AS A FATHER. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A PROFESSIONAL PARASITE!
Heyman – YOU WANNA SEE YOUR HUSBAND SUFFER? FINE, IT'S ON – HHH AND BROCK AT SUMMERSLAM! BRAVO! YOU DID IT AGAIN DIDN'T YOU. DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL ALWAYS GETS WHAT SHE WANTS. IT'S YOUR FATHER TAUGHT YOU, AND WHAT YOU TEACH YOUR CHILDREN...(Steph attacks Heyman)
Slater – MY VICTORY WILL BE EPIC – I'M CHALLENGING ANY OF THOSE SO-CALLED RAW LEGENDS TO A NO DQ, NO COUNTOUT MATCH WITH THE ONE MAN BAND BABY! Bell man – RING THA BELL!
Mooney – Daniel, tonight hasn't been good for you has it?
Daniel – THIS NIGHT HAS BEEN TAITNED! AJ HUMILIATED, THE ROCK ASSAULTED ME, AND NOW I'VE BEEN INSULTED BY CHARLIE SHEEN. WHO IS HE TO JUDGE ANYONE!? HE NEEDS MORE THAN ANGER MANAGEMENT – HE NEEDS LIFE MANAGEMENT! AND IF HE WERE STANDING WHERE YOU ARE, I'D SLAP THE YES LOCK ON HIM FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY WINNING!
Sheen – I'm in LA – I'M NOT HARD TO FIND!
Cole – AND THE NEXT TIME WE'RE IN LA, IT'S SUMMERSLAM...KING, DO YOU THINK THAT'S WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT!?
Sign – If Cena wins, we complain on the internet.
King – Cena's like Superman. We've seen him do things regular human beings couldn't do.
One guy – TNA TNA TNA!
King – THE UNIVERSE HAS TURNED ON PUNK, but really, CM Punk turned on the WWE Universe.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You're making yourself sound more retarded than you usually do.[/QUOTE]
Really? Last weeks Impact was one of the better episodes I have ever seen from TNA, whereas tonight's milestone RAW was honestly mediocre booking at best. Lets break this down:

Bunch of cameos of yesterdays stars. Yeah, it was kind of cool to see some of them but they failed to use them in any way that would have been interesting. Why didn't DX members come out and save Trips? Logically speaking that should have been a no brainer. Hell, the only "storyline" usage was of the Rock who once again has been placed above any working member on the roster with his getting the main event match at the Rumble. I bet that once again leaves a bad taste in the workers mouth just like the Mania match did.

AJ as the new GM... Really? Hell, why not. I mean if Hornswaggle can run the show via a laptop for about a year and a half I guess a crazy chick can't do much worse.

Another wedding, another swerve, another wasted spot. So many other ways they could have gone with that storyline.

Title match? Yeah we had one. Match was pretty weak, ending was pretty much how everyone saw it going, and a heel turn. Sadly, while this turn has some potential, it really is not the one anyone truly wanted. Besides, is it really a heel turn if it is something that makes sense for the person to do when that is the character they have been all along? Also, what truly makes it bad is it is done to put over a guy who has only had 2 matches in the last year. Yeah Rocky really needed someone to put him over.

Now coming from that go back and look at last weeks Impact again:

Solid wrestling matches that advanced the BFG series which is a storyline unto itself, and then you also had some stories with the characters themselves.

Advancement of the Aces and Eights angle, done in a way that intertwined with the BFG series, the current World Title story, and even with the Gutcheck program. Even taking into account that some of the "secret" members of this gang are known, some of the attacks still kind of took you a little offguard.

Now factor in that this was a regular, weekly type show, the only "special" thing about it being that it was the monthly Open Fight Night, vs a what is honestly a huge milestone in TV programming, it really makes Raw look bad. If you can not see that for what it is, you either have those rose colored WWE glassess on, or just hate TNA and refuse to give them credit for really improving their product lately.

The only really bad thing I can say about TNA right now is that awful AJ Styles/Claire storyline which gets worse every week. Of course it doesn't help when Claire can't act worth a crap. I am interested in seeing where this Aces & Eights storylines goes along with the feud between Bully Ray and Abyss Joseph Park.

Wish I could find that much positive to say about the WWE right now.

[quote name='Genocidal']Punk turning to start a feud with the Rock isn't a big angle? Ok.[/QUOTE]

Completely different feel than the two examples I gave. Punk's promo last year finally made a new legitimate main eventer after years of people begging for it (not to mention teasing that the company would finally have some much needed change...as short as that dream lasted), and the Nexus thing was the first time in years that the show felt fresh.

Rock feud or not, this was a heel turn for a guy who has been a bad guy just as much as a good guy. That is not earth-shattering. If they wanted to really do something to have people talking on the same level as the prevous two years, Rock or Cena should have been the ones turning.

I was seriously anticipating a Cena heel turn. Would've been a great way for the corporate suits to finally "get it," and put an end to an era of shoddy PG programming in the name of selling merch to kids who wouldn't be caught dead wearing it 5 years from now. I was hoping for next week's reverse-pitch chants of Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks.

Oh well. A guy could dream. I suppose this sets up a Punk/Rock feud, since Punk had a LOT of negative (and true) stuff about Rock during last year's pipe bombs.

I read the 1000th RAW results. I'll watch Miz-Christian, the Punk heel-turn-by-technicality, and maybe the Lita-Slater stuff. I have actually been enjoying Slater's shenanigans. Weird. And this Danielson-Sheen stuff sounds like some late-1990s WCW tomfoolery—but for kids.

And, in general, I've enjoyed TNA. I had to sacrifice the time I would spend watching WWE Superstars clips to watch TNA's stuff, but I think it's been a worthy replacement. The actual in-ring product is pretty solid—aside from a way-past-his-prime Rob Van Dam and drugged-up Jeff Hardy. However, if this Aces and Eights angle peaks with Jeff Jarrett as the mastermind, I will flip my shit. Just saying.

EDIT: Just watched the Punk-Rock-Cena-Show clip. Seems like WWE is setting up Punk as the fall guy so WrestleMania can be Cena-Rock 2 for the WWE title. Either way, Cena wins at WrestleMania. So obvious. WWE 101.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Joey Ryan has something to do with the Aces & 8's.. that's why they jumped the Gut Check guy. If Taz gets jumped on this weeks Impact, Joey Ryan is involved. Plus he had a see you soon Impact sign at PWG this weekend.

When I first passed by that DX picture, I thought it was Road Dogg in the center. Then I started scrolling back down and I realized it was Undertaker. Wow. That haircut.....

X-Pac's gut is hilarious. Billy Gunn looked genuinely happy to be back and I was probably the most excited to see him out of all the DX members. Seeing Lita was great as well and damn did she look better than ever.

Wasn't the greatest show, but it was still fun.

Stone Cold posted his reason for not showing up last night, guess people can now get off his back about it.

http://brokenskullranch.com/archives/1142

On July 23, 2012 WWE celebrated the 1,oooth episode of Monday Night Raw. I watched the show from my home in Los Angeles. After watching the show, I got on my Twitter account, @steveaustinBSR, to read responses to the show. There were many people blaming Vince McMahon and the WWE for not having SCSA on the show. And there were some folks who had some very negative things to say about me, personally.

The reason I did not attend RAW 1,000 was because I underwent a major knee surgery on my left knee on July 2, 2012. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, CA performed the surgery.
The surgery was a complete success. I am currently three weeks post op. I began physical therapy a few days ago. I had a world class surgeon and a great medical team working on me. I am now working with a top notch PT team. I am still on crutches and will probably lose the crutches in another week. Then I will be in a custom knee brace much like the braces I wore in the ring for 9-12 weeks.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN IS A 100% ASS KICKING MACHINE. There was no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000. It was time to get my knee fixed. The decision to no-show RAW 1,000 was made by me and no one else. I have always taken pride in making my shots and have never faked an injury or illness. Pro Wrestling is a tough game and it was time to pay the piper for some of the damage I incurred in the ring. No gripes. No complaints.

To the fans that were hoping to see SCSA, I’m sorry I missed the show. I would have loved to be there under different circumstances. I normally keep my personal business to myself, but due to feedback and incorrect speculation, I have posted this blog and given the 411 on why I was not at RAW 1,000.

I will post more blogs about my PT and recovery soon.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']You're making yourself sound more retarded than you usually do.[/QUOTE]

He is right though. This Raw was a major let down. The highlight for me was seeing Sean Mooney again and Mae Young's son. Everything else was just generic WWE.

Few thoughts...

Taker looks ridiculous with a shaved head, he's nearly a conehead.
Pac's gut...lol.

So I never really post in here but I feel compelled to give my two cents on last night's show. I live about 3 hrs from St. Louis and seeing how Bret Hart was guaranteed to be there (he's my all-time favorite and I'd never seen him in person before) I grabbed my bro and a friend of mine and we impulse bought tix online and went to the show last night. It was a ton of fun as I am an old school fan since I was a little kid (I'm 27 so my first wrestling memories are of the late 80's/early 90's).

I rewatched Raw this morning so now that I've seen it live and taped I have some thoughts:

- Legit Sellout, biggest wrestling event I've ever been to, but overall the crowd was a 6/10 to be generous. It seemed like 3/4 of the crowd had no idea who people like Slick and Sean Mooney were :cry:

- You couldn't see it on TV but when the Undertaker was taking off his jacket/robe he couldn't get his one glove thru his sleeve and he had to have a crewman outside the ring pull it off for him. I think it took at least a whole minute for him to take his jacket off LOL. On TV they just showed Kane's face and the 6 guys outside the ring while all this was happening. Kind of a funny little moment.

- Bret Hart coming out to his old theme put a big ass smile on my face, I hated his new crap theme they used a while back when he initially returned. I marked out like I was 10 years old for him.....so glad I just got to see him in the ring once, he didn't even have to do anything. Also I loved him mentioning Mr. Perfect, although once again I think about 1/4 of the crowd even knew who the hell he was.

- The DX reunion was really cool for me, I'd never seen Shawn Michaels in person either so that was awesome. And holy shit Billy Gunn looks amazing! He hasn't aged a day, X-Pac and the Road Dogg however :lol:

- Seeing The Rock for the first time was a big thrill, he's a top 5 all-time favorite of mine so that was cool. He was cool after the cameras quit rolling as well thanking the fans and playing around with Cena some, always fun to see the stuff when the cameras aren't on.

- HOLY CRAP Stephanie McMahon has still got it goin on..... I mean REALLY got it goin on....WHOOSH.

- Vince coming out to start the show was great, I wish he would've talked longer but it is what it is, I guess they needed to fit in the important stuff like Swagger getting squashed by Brodus Clay :roll:

- I marked out pretty damn hard for both Dude Love and the APA, the crowd was dead for Dude Love which was bullshit but whatever.

- No Stone Cold was pretty devastating, everyone thought he would be there. I saw his blog this morning about why he wasn't there, just bad timing for everyone I guess.

- I marked out for Mae Young's son err.....hand? ;)

- The Undertaker/Kane stuff was really cool, that segment was my favorite of the entire night.

- The end was kind of strange, I'm not sure turning Punk heel is a great idea but I guess we will see where it goes from here.

- Biggest pops of the night:
1a. Undertaker (when his gong hit the place exploded)
1b. The Rock
3. DX
4. CM Punk
5. Cena (sigh)

I expected more of a reaction for Ziggler....yeah this crowd pissed me off a little haha.

Anyways for my first wrestling event in over 5 years I had a really good time. It was awesome to see so many legends in one place like that, almost felt like the attitude era I guess haha. Solid 8/10 show for me. -2 pts from lack of Austin and Edge (I mean no Edge WTF... I wanted 5 second poses with Christian damnit :cry:).

Thanks for impressions. I'm going to be moving to San Diego in a few months and I plan to try to hit up more wrestling shows. I'm especially excited to go to some PWG stuff as Kevin Steen is probably my favorite indie guy at the moment (not that I know too many of them).

[quote name='Halo05']Thanks for impressions. I'm going to be moving to San Diego in a few months and I plan to try to hit up more wrestling shows. I'm especially excited to go to some PWG stuff as Kevin Steen is probably my favorite indie guy at the moment (not that I know too many of them).[/QUOTE]

Does PWG even run in San Diego? I thought they pretty much just run in LA/Reseda. There is some kind of feeder school for NWA Hollywood that runs in Oceanside and probably elsewhere in the San Diego area (as well as Orange County, I think).

[quote name='pimpster4183']I think Joey Ryan has something to do with the Aces & 8's.. that's why they jumped the Gut Check guy. If Taz gets jumped on this weeks Impact, Joey Ryan is involved. Plus he had a see you soon Impact sign at PWG this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'd support making Joey Ryan the face of the group. Sure beats Jeff Jarrett. (Very little would be worse than Jeff Jarrett.) A part of my mind hopes for an indie invasion. (The same part of my mind that had hopes for an ROH invasion in WWE, which never came into fruition.) Hopefully, TNA learns from the inability of WWE to pull the trigger on genuinely interesting angles. I would devote more time to TNA if they put together a group of OVW, Chikara, and PWG talent to clash with the more tenured TNA roster. Hmm, a SoCal invasion would be very neat.

[quote name='kodave']Does PWG even run in San Diego? I thought they pretty much just run in LA/Reseda. There is some kind of feeder school for NWA Hollywood that runs in Oceanside and probably elsewhere in the San Diego area (as well as Orange County, I think).[/QUOTE]

I'll be in San Diego county. I'm getting stationed at Camp Pendleton and depending on whether I live north or south of the base, I may be pretty close to the LA area. At least close enough to drive up to watch Steen murder people on Saturday nights.

[quote name='Halo05']I'll be in San Diego county. I'm getting stationed at Camp Pendleton and depending on whether I live north or south of the base, I may be pretty close to the LA area. At least close enough to drive up to watch Steen murder people on Saturday nights.[/QUOTE]

Well, north of the base is Orange County. Probably a 2 hour drive from south Orange County to LA, give or take where exactly you're going. At least 3 hours from San Diego, again, give or take. Especially depending on traffic conditions. Worth it for PWG? I guess you'll decide!

[quote name='Chase']I'd support making Joey Ryan the face of the group. Sure beats Jeff Jarrett. (Very little would be worse than Jeff Jarrett.) A part of my mind hopes for an indie invasion. (The same part of my mind that had hopes for an ROH invasion in WWE, which never came into fruition.) Hopefully, TNA learns from the inability of WWE to pull the trigger on genuinely interesting angles. I would devote more time to TNA if they put together a group of OVW, Chikara, and PWG talent to clash with the more tenured TNA roster. Hmm, a SoCal invasion would be very neat.[/QUOTE]

Your idea of Joey Ryan's involvement is definitely intriguing. I like that they haven't rushed to reveal names and faces yet. The patience they've shown during this build is commendable.

If someone has been watching TNA for the last couple of months and not enjoying it then they're just nursing an unfounded bias at this point. One doesn't have to be in love with TNA but there's just no denying from an analytical standpoint that the promotion is, by and large, on point.

TNA's improved vastly, to be sure. I don't catch it every week, but I am interested in the overall flow of the promotion, getting to know personalities, etc. I'm close to being pretty reinvested in the product.

Leave X-Pac alone. Dude's been dealing with substance abuse habits for years now; to ridicule him for having a gut at middle age knowing that is petty.

And unless all of us are rockin' six packs ourselves, rather silly.

Whoever mentioned that Billy Gunn seemed totally stoked to be back - I agree with you.

Billy has said that he'd love to be back full-time, but he's clean now and he's afraid he'll fall back into his old habits. Listening to him, he really does sound like he's in a better place.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Billy has said that he'd love to be back full-time, but he's clean now and he's afraid he'll fall back into his old habits. Listening to him, he really does sound like he's in a better place.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear he's doing so well. I'd love to see him become a trainer or road agent.

[quote name='cgarb84']
So I never really post in here but I feel compelled to give my two cents on last night's show. I live about 3 hrs from St. Louis and seeing how Bret Hart was guaranteed to be there (he's my all-time favorite and I'd never seen him in person before) I grabbed my bro and a friend of mine and we impulse bought tix online and went to the show last night. It was a ton of fun as I am an old school fan since I was a little kid (I'm 27 so my first wrestling memories are of the late 80's/early 90's).

I rewatched Raw this morning so now that I've seen it live and taped I have some thoughts:

- Legit Sellout, biggest wrestling event I've ever been to, but overall the crowd was a 6/10 to be generous. It seemed like 3/4 of the crowd had no idea who people like Slick and Sean Mooney were :cry:

- You couldn't see it on TV but when the Undertaker was taking off his jacket/robe he couldn't get his one glove thru his sleeve and he had to have a crewman outside the ring pull it off for him. I think it took at least a whole minute for him to take his jacket off LOL. On TV they just showed Kane's face and the 6 guys outside the ring while all this was happening. Kind of a funny little moment.

- Bret Hart coming out to his old theme put a big ass smile on my face, I hated his new crap theme they used a while back when he initially returned. I marked out like I was 10 years old for him.....so glad I just got to see him in the ring once, he didn't even have to do anything. Also I loved him mentioning Mr. Perfect, although once again I think about 1/4 of the crowd even knew who the hell he was.

- The DX reunion was really cool for me, I'd never seen Shawn Michaels in person either so that was awesome. And holy shit Billy Gunn looks amazing! He hasn't aged a day, X-Pac and the Road Dogg however :lol:

- Seeing The Rock for the first time was a big thrill, he's a top 5 all-time favorite of mine so that was cool. He was cool after the cameras quit rolling as well thanking the fans and playing around with Cena some, always fun to see the stuff when the cameras aren't on.

- HOLY CRAP Stephanie McMahon has still got it goin on..... I mean REALLY got it goin on....WHOOSH.

- Vince coming out to start the show was great, I wish he would've talked longer but it is what it is, I guess they needed to fit in the important stuff like Swagger getting squashed by Brodus Clay :roll:

- I marked out pretty damn hard for both Dude Love and the APA, the crowd was dead for Dude Love which was bullshit but whatever.

- No Stone Cold was pretty devastating, everyone thought he would be there. I saw his blog this morning about why he wasn't there, just bad timing for everyone I guess.

- I marked out for Mae Young's son err.....hand? ;)

- The Undertaker/Kane stuff was really cool, that segment was my favorite of the entire night.

- The end was kind of strange, I'm not sure turning Punk heel is a great idea but I guess we will see where it goes from here.

- Biggest pops of the night:
1a. Undertaker (when his gong hit the place exploded)
1b. The Rock
3. DX
4. CM Punk
5. Cena (sigh)

I expected more of a reaction for Ziggler....yeah this crowd pissed me off a little haha.

Anyways for my first wrestling event in over 5 years I had a really good time. It was awesome to see so many legends in one place like that, almost felt like the attitude era I guess haha. Solid 8/10 show for me. -2 pts from lack of Austin and Edge (I mean no Edge WTF... I wanted 5 second poses with Christian damnit :cry:)
.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you get the "crowd was a 6/10" but I know section 103 (across from camera) was way into it. Tons of chants, lots of marking out. Myself included.

I have yet to watch the DVR of it but being there live was definitely legit. Easily the best show I've been to yet. Next up for me is a TNA Live Event on August 4th and then RAW on Oct. 1st.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Undertaker_Hood_Raw_1000.gif

If Wrestlemania were on Monday, I think he'd technically now be 20-1 because of this.[/QUOTE]

Oh man... I very highly doubt it made it to camera but he struggled to get his coat off as his giant MMA gloves got caught in his sleeves and he literally wrestled with it for a good 30 seconds before the ring crew came over. They kept pulling on it and it just wouldn't come off. Got a good laugh from my section of the arena, but like I said, I highly doubt it came across on TV.

As for the show itself, I thought it was very good (live). The wedding was kind of a bullshit way to setup the new GM story but I guess I'll wait and see how it plays out before I get too judgmental of it. I'm pretty sure everyone at the arena expected Austin during the Punk/Bryan bantering as well as during the segment featuring THE ONE MAN BAND, BAY-BAY! I definitely thought Edge would make an appearance since they were selling his shirt at the merch stands, but no dice.

By the way, the heat from Kane and Taker's pyro was hot as fuck from where we sat (about 15 rows up) .. I can't imagine how hot it must have been for the people who sat right by the stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back