The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But nary a mention of King's Sum Ting Wong joke. Which, of course, reminded me of this:

krusty-the-clown-flapping-dickie-bad-jokes.jpg

Wow.

The Greenwich Time is reporting that Vince and Linda McMahon are down $500 million due to the drop of the company's stock price.

In 2010, the price was $18.64 a share. At the current $7.86 a share, the value of their 46 million shares has dropped to a little over $360 million, down from almost $860 million.

Critics feel that they care more about winning a Senate seat than they do about their shareholders. WWE is pinning the blame on WWE Studios for the stock drop.

Anything else that's WWE topical which a single Simpson macro image will suffice as a response?

What really needed to be apologized for was the 3 hour crapfest on wheels called Raw last night. We saw Raw last week guys, we don't need 30 minutes worth of recapping it. Nothing beats a 5 minute segment just to get over a Charlie Sheen tv show reference either.....ugh. If they are going to keep Raw a 3 hour show they should just cancel Superstars altogether and have those matches on Raw.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I like Daniel Bryan and all, but I'm getting tired of seeing him kick 50 times a match and do pretty much nothing else.[/QUOTE]

They "WWE"-ed him. Alternatively, they "John Cena"-ed him. Or, if you share my opinion that The Rock laid the groundwork for the Five Moves of Doom: They "Johnson"-ed him.

This is also applicable to CM Punk. Ya know, originally, I found myself agree with the notion that building a "PG" wrasslin program had not been the issue. However, with WWE's lack of creativity, I've come to see that adhering to "PG" standards has helped cripple the product. If WWE had more creative juice, then marketing to kids wouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='HydroX']What? 3 hour Nitros were fucking awesome, man. Tons of cruiser/lucha action. How else would I get my fix of La Parka & Psychosis vs. El Dandy & Ciclope?[/QUOTE]

I have love for those three-hour Nitro shows. WCW had a fantastic undercard, and I enjoyed their ring-style, or lack thereof, much more than other cookie-cutter products. There was something raw about WCW's wrasslin. Smackdown.

Anyone else think that Linda McMahon's political aspiration has been nothing but bad news for WWE? WWE is too powerful to flip-over-and-die overnight, like WCW did, but surely they are creating long-term damage to their company (e.g. pushing-away a part of their fan-base).

Hey CAGs, I posted a couple years back about my return to indy wrestling as Cabana Man Dan. I may or may not have posted about getting hurt back in 2010 and "retiring". I forget, lol.

Anywho, I recently got back into a ring Saturday just to film a short comedy video for a Firehouse Subs contest. I call it "Firehouse Championship Wrestling".

[youtube]HTIq4a9W1cg[/youtube]

I had a freaking awesome time getting back into some sort of action. I was rusty as hell and every bump hurt more than I remebered. LOL. I hella sore Monday, but it was a feeling I missed. I felt like I had used muscles that have been dormant for years, it felt like being alive again. :)

This may lead to a couple of guest appearances now and again locally if anything.

Let me know what you think of the video and thumbs up if ya approve. Sub to the channel if you are interested in my compelling webshow, BevNerd, where I review sodas and snack food. It's what inactive wrasslers do.

[quote name='Chase']Anyone else think that Linda McMahon's political aspiration has been nothing but bad news for WWE? WWE is too powerful to flip-over-and-die overnight, like WCW did, but surely they are creating long-term damage to their company (e.g. pushing-away a part of their fan-base).[/QUOTE]
Personally I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the company went from being the biggest company to being flat broke in no time flat. Don't get me wrong. They still have the film libraries from defunct companies that they could sell off to make money to stay afloat, but for how long?

I personally think it'd be a real knee slapper if Panda Energy bought their ass and the McMahons became employees of the same company that owns TNA.:rofl:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']New Smackdown GM announced at tonight's taping:
Booker T
[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. Didn't see it coming, but I don't mind it.
Been a while since we've had two face GMs, if you consider AJ face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPMp86PRrzU

Stories going around that Davey Richards and some friends have become quite unprofessional around the indie circuit.

(spoiler due to length): www.cagesideseats.com/2012/7/30/320...-takes-350-and-runs-before-planned-indy-match

Davey Richards allegedly takes $350 and runs before planned indy match

Tiny by Keith Harris on Jul 30, 2012 5:53 PM EDT in Ring of Honor

33 comments
Story-email Email
Printer Print

Davey Richards - has he descended from ROH World champion to petty criminal? Photo via upload.wikimedia.org.

Davey Richards - has he descended from ROH World champion to petty criminal? Photo via upload.wikimedia.org.

Former ROH World champion Davey Richards is sadly developing quite the reputation for unprofessionalism within the wrestling business.

New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) recently stopped booking Richards after he missed a scheduled IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team title defence on May 3rd in Fukuoka, Japan. He had been involved in a minor car accident before he was set to fly out to Japan, but clearly New Japan management must have been upset enough about how he handled the incident to stop using him despite his immense talent.

He's also taking a strange leave of absence from ROH rings at the moment. No reason has been given for his presumed temporary departure (though it is starting to look like he may be gone for good), but clearly he's disgruntled with how ROH management has been booking him lately. In a recent shoot interview for Highspots.com, he made these outspoken comments:

And then we started this thing with [Dan] Severn and the whole thing got, in my opinion, stupid and it got ridiculous. Now [Eddie Edwards] is doing his thing and I'm doing my thing. We should still be tagging in my opinion, but I don't book things I guess.

You know, I love Jim [Cornette], but if you want an honesty and honesty is something I strongly believe in, I think he's outdated.

A lot of ROH wrestlers are quietly disgruntled with ROH over their booking and a recent loss of dates, but it's unusual for someone to so publicly gripe about the hand that feeds them.

Now, Adrenaline Pro Wrestling wrestler Jaysin Strife is publicly questioning Richards' professed honesty on Twitter after the lead star of Team Ambition allegedly threatened APW's promoter with physical harm and left the arena with $350 in hand without even working a match:

I may be a nobody, but I'd rather be that and professional and have REAL RESPECT, than be like @ttKozina1and his team ambition. Let's make a living in pro wrestling by robbing and threatening small local promoters. I can see how it's easy to "do this for a living."

I am disgraced and appalled that I ever shared a ring with those Team Ambition clowns. Disgusted that I ever looked up to and thought I would ever learn from those professionals. Know what I learned? How to be a real man and real professional and not cheat and rob indy. Promoters who put their hard earned money on the line to entertain people. Every one who sees this please RT everything I have to say.

Strife has also criticised Richards for completely crapping on Kevin Steen and CM Punk as workers during an afternoon seminar and Tony Kozina for shooting on 16-year-old Ryan Kidd during their match together the day before. If this is legitimate, then it paints Richards in a very bad light. An alternative account of the situation is added after the jump.

Update: More details on this shady affair from Dave Meltzer and a second opinion from someone backstage at the show in question have been added after the jump.

Star-divide

More information was shared on facebook by Josh Donner who attended the event in person:

Attn all Bookers; Tony Kozina, Wesley Richards and Kyle O'Reily are theives. They threatened physical harm to a promoter today, and left an arena with a payday without working. Please be sure to watch out when they inquire about a booking. They demand to change predetermined matches and showed up to the event an hour after it had started. When they were told that the company did not need to be on the card due to said actions, they refused to take that for an answer. I feel for all the people that were affected by this today, and hope that some sort of justice is served.

Dave Meltzer on his daily news update at f4wonline.com today confirmed the incident as legit and gave more insight into the problems between APW and Davey Richards:

On the third night for Adrenaline Pro, they asked (because Kozina's foot was hurt and O'Reilly's back was bothering him) to work against four guys from the promotion in one match instead of separate bouts. They ended up going back-and-forth with the local promoter and at one point, it fell apart. However, they showed up to get paid and Blodgett said there were even threats made against the 115-pound promoter. They arrived at the end of the show, the situation was diffused and had a last minute [agreement]. The promoter wanted to change the pay because they had changed the booking. Everything them seemed okay, as they got paid in advance as a sign of good faith and then Blodgett said they went out the back door and left. On Richards' Facebook he apparently called [themselves] Team Bandits instead of Team Ambition. Blodgett said he feels at fault since he put the deal together to bring them in and then they ripped off his friend.

On fan forum ProWrestlingOnly.com, an employee for 3XW that posts under the name Hollinger. gave an account that matched Meltzer's:

I can shed some light...

The company I work for (3XW) helped a couple smaller local groups book Richards, Kozina, O'Reilly and one of their flunkies for a triple shot this weekend.

They worked for us Friday night. Everything went perfectly smooth. They were totally professional and already asking about coming back to work for us again.

Saturday night, I wasn't at the show. They set up camp outside the locker room, talking shit about everyone and everything involved with the show. Kozina went out for his match with Ryan, who is 16/17 years old, and told him he was changing the plan, and was going to teach him about respect. I haven't watched the video yet, but everyone I've talked to said he roughed the kid up, and legitimately choked him out in the finish.

Sunday afternoon, we show up at the venue and find the promoter, a friend of mine, pissed off. The show starts in 20 minutes and none of them have arrived. Davey has been texting him all day and is now demanding to change the card and put the four of them in an 8 man tag. Jeremy has already changed up the card for them multiple times through the day, but will not take them all out of separate matches, because of promises made to other workers, to the fans, and the price that had been negotiated for 4 separate matches. Show starts, Jeremy goes out and breaks the news to the crowd that they won't be on the show, and life goes on.

They finally do show up at the building before the main event goes on and demand to speak to Jeremy. He takes the issue out of the locker room and goes outside to meet them. They threaten to kick Jeremy's ass (and he's all of 140 pounds soaking wet) if he doesn't give them their money. He finally works out a deal that KOR and DR will work for a slightly reduced fee in the main event. He pays them upfront as a gesture of good faith (trying not to piss them off further, or get his ass kicked). They change into their gear and work out the plan for the match. As they're doing that, their stooge trainee is quietly running their bags back out to their truck. "Where's the wrist tape?" "Oh, I left it in the truck. Be right back." They run out the back door, into a waiting car with Kozina behind the wheel, the promoter out $350 mostly from his own pocket.

Scott Hall's son Cody Hall (accompanied to the ring by Scott Hall) vs. Josh Hess, from 7/14/12 Belleview Pro Wrestling

Keep in mind Cody is green as fuck and this was likely one of his first matches. Personally I think he definitely has the look, kind of reminds me of an early Brock Lesnar (the way he looks, that's about it though).

There's an odd part of me that thinks this kid won't make it (Hall). Maybe he will, but there's something about him dominating and going over in his very first public match. Goes against old norms of paying dues and learning your place in a roster before getting victories. If the norms are true, Hall will fizzle out and fade because he's surrounded by this idea that he's entitled to a spot, that he can call his matches, that he doesn't have to do what he doesn't want to, etc.

Maybe I'm really overthinking that match. Perhaps I am.

Watching that Video made me think of the Mass Transit match from years ago. What he did to that kid was really some scumbag shit on many levels. Props to that kid for actually hanging in there and working through that match.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's an odd part of me that thinks this kid won't make it (Hall). Maybe he will, but there's something about him dominating and going over in his very first public match. Goes against old norms of paying dues and learning your place in a roster before getting victories. If the norms are true, Hall will fizzle out and fade because he's surrounded by this idea that he's entitled to a spot, that he can call his matches, that he doesn't have to do what he doesn't want to, etc.

Maybe I'm really overthinking that match. Perhaps I am.[/QUOTE]

The only other person I can think of that that went over in their first match was Wah. Make of that what you will.

Read about that whole Davey Richards debacle last night. He comes off as a real scumbag. I hope he stays confined in mediocrity that is the indies. People like his friend and himself don't deserve the money and fame that comes with even a TNA contract.

Scott Hall's son has potential in the wrasslin business. I'm unaware of his background, but given his build, he should start training now in MMA. At 21, he still has time to build up his skills.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The only other person I can think of that that went over in their first match was Wah. Make of that what you will.[/QUOTE]

CORRELATION! HE'S GONNA KILL SOMEONE!

(like his father before him.)

Richards is out of both ROH and PWG? Yikes. I remember when people would just go to Japan instead.

Yeah, so who the fuck is Tony Kozina anyway? The name looks familiar, but the guy just looks like someone who didn't have the illustrious career :)lol:) of Tony DeVito.

He worked a couple of PWG shows a few years ago, but I can't remember anything about him other than him being about 5'4".

[quote name='Purple Flames']Well shit. I never knew Richards was such a shitbag. I hope enjoys burning all those bridges. Ask Shane Douglas how that worked out for him.[/QUOTE]

DR likely thought that booker's motto was Expect More, Pay Less.

I would give him a shadow of a doubt, but when reputable companies like PWG, ROH and even New Japan aren't booking you, those are significant red flags. Walking out with $350 without performing is a major dick move.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://deadspin.com/5930653/rob-van-dam-ate-a-whopper-off-the-ground-more-wrestler-run+ins

fucking Hogan is awesome: "Brothers, I know you've got the Christmas spirit in you, but wear condoms."[/QUOTE]

:lol: I nearly died reading some of those.

I was in Sanibel Island, FL on vacation with my family when I was in 6th or 7th grade, and I was getting sick of the beach. I went up to the pool to grab something to drink and who do I see floating on a raft in the pool with blatant disregard for the rules which clearly state no rafts in the pool? Scott Steiner himself. I drop my drink on the ground, sprint across the pool deck (because if Scott Steiner can say "fuck the rules," I can too...right?), elbow drop into the shallow end (also against the rules as I would soon find out), surface right next to him, flex, and, in my best Steiner voice, say "Big. Poppa. Pump."

He just sits and stares at me. I'm in middle school, so I figure that he must have been impressed with my form. He says verbatim: "What the fuck are you doing? I'm on vacation, go away." He then squirts me with a water bottle.

:rofl:

That reminded me of my six degrees type encounter. I do phone support for an online school and one of our students is Taker's ex-wife's momma. That's right. I talked to the woman who created Sara and helped her turn in a homework assignment.

[quote name='Spyder187']Watching that Video made me think of the Mass Transit match from years ago. What he did to that kid was really some scumbag shit on many levels. Props to that kid for actually hanging in there and working through that match.[/QUOTE]

I read that Mass Transit passed away a few years ago.

[quote name='kodave']That shoot match is just sad and this Tony Kozina guy, whoever the fuck he is, seems like a real delusional prick.[/QUOTE]

This.

"I'm going to teach you respect by fake-fighting you really hard in front of twenty people in the VFW Hall in fuckwit, Arkansas."

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I read that Mass Transit passed away a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

He did indeed, a decade ago, in fact. Complications from a gastric bypass surgery.

That Kozina match was pretty bad, but it was nothing compared to the Ian Rotten/Mickie Knuckles beatdown of that guy a few years ago. I can't find a full video of the incident on Youtube, though. I do remember it being discussed here.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That Kozina match was pretty bad, but it was nothing compared to the Ian Rotten/Mickie Knuckles beatdown of that guy a few years ago. I can't find a full video of the incident on Youtube, though. I do remember it being discussed here.[/QUOTE]

I tried to find the Ian Rotten/Mickie Knuckles beatdown of Mike Levy from IWA-MS but any links I found have been shut down by Smart Mark Video.

[quote name='JP']That Rick Rude story was pretty good too.[/QUOTE]
Some of the guys back in the 80's & 90's were pretty personable and would stand around and shoot the shit while signing autographs with the people waiting behind the local venue the WWE(then WWF) came to in town every couple of months. But any time one of the big names came to town it was nearly impossible to get a chance to see them besides at the show.

The only guy who I got at least a glimpse of as he made it from his van he arrived in into the arena was Andre. Some lil rat bastard in the crowd there hit him with an egg and I swear the big guy looked like he was gonna cry after it hit him.:whistle2:#

But anytime Macho Man or Roddy Piper were in town they must've left as soon as their match was over and/or arrived hours and hours before the show started cuz you never saw them arriving or leaving the place.

[quote name='Tsel']Very interesting. Didn't see it coming, but I don't mind it.
Been a while since we've had two face GMs, if you consider AJ face.
[/QUOTE]
It will give the show some much needed energy. Booker is awesome at selling stories and wrestlers.

If anyone is planning on ordering the ROH PPV this weekend they're offering a 20% discount until 9am Thursday (presumably EST). Also, if you're a Ringside Member there is an additional discount which will put the cost at just over $10.

Ring of Honor returns to iPPV on Saturday night, August 11th with “Boiling Point 2012” live from Providence, RI! With a World Title match between Kevin Steen & Eddie Kingston, a tag team grudge match between The Briscoes & "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino, as well as a Mixed Tag Match with "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Ray vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett & "The First Lady of ROH" Maria Kanellis, this is shaping up to be a huge event! And now, for the next 24 hours only, you will be able to save on your purchase of this iPPV broadcast!
Starting at 9am Wednesday and running until 9am Thursday, “Boiling Point 2012” will be available for only $11.95! That $3.00 off the regular price and if you're a Ringside Member, apply your 15% discount and get the iPPV for only $10.16! That's almost $5.00 off the regular price! Click here to place your order for “Boiling Point 2012” starting, Wednesday August 1st at 9am.
This sale only lasts for 24 hours, the sale ends Thursday, August 2nd at 9am. Take advantage while you can, and if you're not a Ringside Member, click here to see all the benefits membership entails for as low as $7.99 a month!

Matches Signed include:

ROH World Champion Kevin Steen defends against Chikara Grand Champion, Eddie Kingston
The Briscoes vs "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino
"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Ray vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett & "The First Lady of ROH" Maria Kanellis
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Outlaw" Charlie Haas
Jay Lethal vs "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa w/ RD Evans
Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs "No Fear" Mike Mondo

The year was 1999 and WCW Nitro was killing Monday Night Raw, with the nWo and the Four Horsemen leading the way. Some friends were I hitting the bars at Myrtle Beach and all of a sudden everybody in the bar starts "woooooooooo"ing like crazy. The Nature Boy was in the building, and apparently had been in the bars for some time, because he was shitfaced.
After a couple of hours Flair attempts to leave the bar, but is so drunk that his son David and Ric's wife have to drag him out of the bar. I decided we were going to follow him out. Flair's wife and son plop him down on a bench, and his wife (who is really pissed by this point) yells that she's going to get the car and will be back in a minute.
I realize this is my moment to strike, my chance to speak to the 16-time champ. I sit down next to the legend and say "How's it going champ?" Unfortunately Flair was in a wrestling match with a barbecue shish kabob and had sauce all over his face. He was hammered, staggering, and had Heinz 57 all over his grill. As pitiful as he was I still wanted my picture taken with him, and he really had no choice but to comply, where was he going to go?
As his wife pulls up to get him, Flair (who realized a crowd had gathered) staggers to his feet, "woooooooooooo"s, struts, and then does the Nature Boy flop into the backseat of the SUV. Mrs. Nature Boy angrily comes around from the driver's seat and slams the door shut and speeds off.
When they left I wondered how many times his wife had to do this for him.
What I would give to see that picture....:rofl:

We know how to check his site, you don't have to clog the thread with his images. At least spoiler them if you're going to post a ton. They're always fantastic.

Had front row tickets for that RAW show, when Ziggler missed that move everybody was like if Christian had only sold that move it would have been quite possibly one of the greatest bad spots ever.

Also, the entire thing with Daniel Bryan not leaving the ring was hilarious, during the commercial break they were getting all set up and placing him and the refs where they wanted, then they went live and he just started going off into the mic. Priceless.

[quote name='gareman']
It will give the show some much needed energy. Booker is awesome at selling stories and wrestlers.
[/QUOTE]

As long as Booker didn't graduate from the Theodore Long School of General Managing.

[quote name='ced']
As long as Booker didn't graduate from the Theodore Long School of General Managing.
[/QUOTE]

I know how we can find that out, playa. Tag match!

[quote name='ced']
[/QUOTE]

Call me Captain Obvious.

Considering Booker won't be making any decisions (obviously) and will just be a figurehead for the writing team, expect to see the same shit with a different black guy saying "tag team match" .. instead of playa at the end, we get SUCKAAAAA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back