The Real Ghostbusters coming to DVD in massive 26-disc set (sorry, Slimer!, too)

argh you beat me to the announcement...

but holy cow 26 discs!!!

Lets hope it actually makes it to the stores and not pulled. Remember when the first release of B&BH came out by Time-Life, then got pulled so quickly?

Unless they use the digi/thin packs to hold the discs, this boxset is gonna be HUGE!!

I personally hate Slimer and the real ghostbusters episodes, too kiddie. I am hoping the they chop it up by seasons so people like me can avoid the Slimer discs.

But if not, I see this selling for about 150+

I remember so many of these. The one where they spend the night in that old house and find the spirit of it's dead owner, the ghost came flying down the hill on a sled saying "rose bud," because that was the sled's name.

I also seem to remember one where they find out that one of Egon's ancestors was some sort of wizard who had sealed away a dragon inside a well or something. They had to go back and do something to keep the dragon asleep i think.

I remember an episode that was set right after the first film, where their suits become evil cos they're covered in ectoplasm.

The Stay Puft Marshmallow man might have been in it as well, he was in a few.

[quote name='JolietJake']I remember so many of these. The one where they spend the night in that old house and find the spirit of it's dead owner, the ghost came flying down the hill on a sled saying "rose bud," because that was the sled's name.

I also seem to remember one where they find out that one of Egon's ancestors was some sort of wizard who had sealed away a dragon inside a well or something. They had to go back and do something to keep the dragon asleep i think.[/quote]

I remembered hating that Rose bud episode. The Egon's ancestor episode was ok. I hated most of the ghostbusters kids episodes (Jr. Ghostbusters?)

[quote name='benjamouth']I remember an episode that was set right after the first film, where their suits become evil cos they're covered in ectoplasm.

The Stay Puft Marshmallow man might have been in it as well, he was in a few.[/quote]

Yes that was "Citizen Ghost", a classic!

I think the Sam Haine episodes were good except the first one.

This show had a lot of funny episodes.

Lets hope some effort was made into restoring image quality.

Day 1 purchase for me as well. Dont care how much they charge, this was my favorite cartoon as a kid.

My favorite episode was when they teamed up with a robot with its own proton pack and took on tons of ghosts on the top of an office building.

i saw a web site devoted to the series long time ago but lost the link. It had a description of every episode that aired.

I expect it to be 200 bucks (Time Life's 25 DVD set of Get Smart is that much). I liked the cartoon and all when I was a kid but if it's that much, I'll pass.

Oh, HELL YEAH! This was show was classic.

I found stuff on YouTube and forgot how creepy some of the episodes were, especially the ones with The Boogeyman. I'm surprised they got away with some of that stuff.

Can't wait for this.

[quote name='mitch079']I expect it to be 200 bucks (Time Life's 25 DVD set of Get Smart is that much). I liked the cartoon and all when I was a kid but if it's that much, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, they price it cheaper than that.

I'd love to buy the set (this was one of my two favorite cartoons growing up), but I'm worried it'll be priced beyond what I can afford.

[quote name='WillDLeeEsq']Oh, HELL YEAH! This was show was classic.

I found stuff on YouTube and forgot how creepy some of the episodes were, especially the ones with The Boogeyman. I'm surprised they got away with some of that stuff.

Can't wait for this.[/quote]

Oh please... Some of the best episodes were written by JMS (the guy who did babylon 5)

[quote name='yukine']I'd buy it if it's priced reasonably, but we're talking about Time Life here.[/quote]

I changed my mind, I say it will go for 250+

They better including commentaries on the top episodes (or fan favorites). JMS likes to do this.

What was the name of that one episode where Egon's spirit gets sent to the spirit world and his body is possessed by some demon? The demon Egon had huge muscles and wicked looking hairdo.

[quote name='JolietJake']What was the name of that one episode where Egon's spirit gets sent to the spirit world and his body is possessed by some demon? The demon Egon had huge muscles and wicked looking hairdo.[/quote]

according to the wiki, it sounds like Egon's Ghost..

Damn, too bad I can't see some of these episodes on line somewhere...damn you XBOX LIVE!!!

When I was a little kid I had a VHS tape of this show with like 3 episodes on it and I watched it over and over again. I would love to buy this show on DVD but hopefully it wont be too expensive.

[quote name='ITDEFX']according to the wiki, it sounds like Egon's Ghost..

Damn, too bad I can't see some of these episodes on line somewhere...damn you XBOX LIVE!!![/quote]

I caught a lot of them on YouTube. Between that and the Reboot series, I was on that site for days...

[quote name='ITDEFX']according to the wiki, it sounds like Egon's Ghost..

Damn, too bad I can't see some of these episodes on line somewhere...damn you XBOX LIVE!!![/quote]
Actually i think it was "Egon on the Rampage." Cause the demon went nuts in New York and the guys had to track him down.

So since you guys are all fans of the show, then you know that J. Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5, was a writer on this show. He also did a lot of the Amazing Spiderman over the past few years.

That's probably why the episodes were so good. But looking back at the episode list on Wiki, truthfully I only was really fond of the first season, then it started to get a little too kiddy for my tastes. Still, I'll get the show for me and my son.

[quote name='jrutz']So since you guys are all fans of the show, then you know that J. Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5, was a writer on this show. He also did a lot of the Amazing Spiderman over the past few years.

That's probably why the episodes were so good. But looking back at the episode list on Wiki, truthfully I only was really fond of the first season, then it started to get a little too kiddy for my tastes. Still, I'll get the show for me and my son.[/QUOTE]

Until his ASM run was derailed by the worst Editor-In-Chief in the history of mankind.

I ordered the Get Smart! collection from Time-Life last year and they let me do the 4 easy payments of $xx.xx plan. Of course they didn't ship until the full price was paid but it definitely made an expensive item affordable.

They'll probably do the same with this.

Also, when I got my Get Smart! set, the outer box was damaged. I emailed them and they replaced it for me free of charge. Great customer service!

I hate timelife. When they had the beavis and butthead dvds I ordered them and they sent me music cds. I ended up calling them and telling them what had happend and they told me to send them back and it would be corrected. So I did. I thought give it a week for it to get there and them fix it in the computer then another 6 or so for it to be shipped like it was when I ordered them. Well after about 7 or 8 weeks I called them. They ended up just cancleing my order and not telling me.

So incase they ship the wrong thing when you ship it back they may just cancel it on you.

does anyone remember an episode of this one cool ghost dude that wore a white silver mask and a detective hat and trench coat and carried a flute that could summon spirits? that episode was awesome.

[quote name='Antic']Heh, I just bought a 3 episode VHS of the Real Ghostbusters today at a tag sale for 50 cents. ^_^[/QUOTE]
awsome!

The episode that sticks out in my head had a leprechaun in it. Also, I remember one where one of the characters became a werewolf, don't remember who though. I miss this show from my childhood.

Now I think I know what everyones reaction will be but I for one hope that Extreme Ghostbusters is included. I do for 2 reasons 1 being why not then you have all of the cartoons in one spot no fuss no muss. 2 If they dont I hope they at least include the 2 part ep Back in the Saddle because its like a reunion show bringing back the old cast. What do you guys think?

im guessing a 99.99-149.99 tag

plenty of 20+ disc sets at 99-150 and this is ghostbusters, they would be hurting them selves making it 200+

i just hope we get some nifty case/box, like the masters of horror season 2 set, the UK phantasm set.. something cool.. or a simple buffy/angel/alias type set would do i guess

26 discs? WTF?

I loved Real Ghostbusters...I definitely will be picking up any release I can get, but 26 discs?

[quote name='Deefuzz']26 discs? WTF?

I loved Real Ghostbusters...I definitely will be picking up any release I can get, but 26 discs?[/quote]

Could be more....

[quote name='cougar65']The episode that sticks out in my head had a leprechaun in it. Also, I remember one where one of the characters became a werewolf, don't remember who though. I miss this show from my childhood.[/quote]

I hated that leprechaun. I think i'm going to pass on this set. I'm still waiting for mighty max to be released on dvd as well as the tick vs season 3.

bread's done
Back