RCSS
Fable II $9.99
NHL Slapstick $39.99
Pokemon Platinum $19.99
SMG 2 $29.99
Halo Reach, Fable 3 $39.99
360 4GB Slim $129.99
All $18.98 value games for $10
Save $10 on XBOX Live 12-month Gold, Dualshock 3, Wii Remote Plus, PS3 Headset, 360 black accessory pack

FS, online only:
360 Halo Reach bundle with Gears 2 LE and Fable II LE $399.99
Red Wii with Avatar $199.99
Gears 2 LE $19.99

Staples
-320 GB PS3 with Move bundle - save $70 = $329
-black Wii bundle - save $40 = $169

:puke:

The emoticon above displays exactly what i think of this years Boxing Day specials.....

so far....Black Friday seemed like the ideal time for some real deals.....

Phew I'm relieved there are no good deals. The only deal that is tempting me right now is not even video game-related (well, kind of is).

Kromer Radio in the GTA has the Marantz 1501 receiver on sale for $299, which is a steal of a price. I believe my Yamaha is causing some sort of feedback with my TV and speakers, creating really irritating static and picture issues when the PS3 and Xbox 360 start up, and I figure I need an HDMI switch anyways, and the Marantz has 4 HDMI inputs!

Not sure what Rogers is planning for Boxing Day but I saw 3 seperate bins of PS3, Wii and 360 games all filled with relatively new titles like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Enslaved, Fallout: NV, Halo: Reach etc...

Asked the clerk and they aren't on sale until the 26th (and are only on sale that day) so I'm guessing this is further continuation of the clearance from last month.

[quote name='BlamBlam']Not sure what Rogers is planning for Boxing Day but I saw 3 seperate bins of PS3, Wii and 360 games all filled with relatively new titles like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Enslaved, Fallout: NV, Halo: Reach etc...

Asked the clerk and they aren't on sale until the 26th (and are only on sale that day) so I'm guessing this is further continuation of the clearance from last month.[/QUOTE]

Word on the street (AKA RFD) is there's a 'Buy One, Get Two Free' sale on Boxing Day on all used video games. Could be the best deal out there, me thinks.

Least most stores are staying competitive. Nothing has really jumped at me though. Not enough to make me want to try to drive around and shop on boxing day I mean.

Sooner or later all these games will be $10... That's what I keep telling myself anyway haha

The rumor on rfd is that rogers plus is having buy 1 get 2 free on used games boxing day. Totally unverified though.

[quote name='CH82']The rumor on rfd is that rogers plus is having buy 1 get 2 free on used games boxing day. Totally unverified though.[/QUOTE]

Look two posts above yours ;)

Shows you how closely I read all those "middle posts" :p anyway yes it could be a good deal if you don't mind beat up games from a rental place

[quote name='sandman858']awful. The best thing i've seen is Demon's Souls for $19.99. Maybe even AC2 brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

demons souls is already 19.99 at FS. greatest hits.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a "good deal"? I'm curious because I often see people lament that there are no good deals this . Then I see people say deals were better (even though I could swear people complained those weren't very good either).

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just curious what a good deal would look like to most people in this forum? It seems to me I've seen a few good deals by my estimation. Many games that were $60 last week will be $40 next week, which seems like a good deal to me.

Apart from the Rogers clearance fiasco (which, let's face it, was probably a once-in-a-lifetime sort of deal) I've yet to see anything pass by here that everyone stands up and says, "that's a good deal!"

Value is arbitrary, but maybe people expect too much and/or they've been "spoiled" by tracking all the good deals on CAG. It's kind of strange, actually: people will jump all over a $40 new release, but put that game at $40 on BD and suddenly it's cold.

Yeah, I think people's expectations were way too high. You're not going to see new releases going for $20, except for a rare event like the Rogers deal. I'm perfectly happy with a lot of the deals this year, including the $40 for new releases like CoD and AC.

[quote name='gleo']Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a "good deal"? I'm curious because I often see people lament that there are no good deals this . Then I see people say deals were better (even though I could swear people complained those weren't very good either).

I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just curious what a good deal would look like to most people in this forum? It seems to me I've seen a few good deals by my estimation. Many games that were $60 last week will be $40 next week, which seems like a good deal to me.

Apart from the Rogers clearance fiasco (which, let's face it, was probably a once-in-a-lifetime sort of deal) I've yet to see anything pass by here that everyone stands up and says, "that's a good deal!"[/QUOTE]

I hear ya...I always get a laugh when people go crazy when a game release @ $39 but if its on sale at $39 people scoff at the idea.

I'm perfectly fine picking up a few titles for $39 this BD event. I know I'll be grabbing Dead Rising 2 for $39 for sure. I'm still debating on getting Fallout New Vegas, Star Wars and Castlevania as well for $39. If I get any of those 3 I'd probably lean towards FO:NV but we'll see.

RCSS has a coupon with $10 off any game $29.99 or above.

I think most Canadians has the mindset that Boxing Day is not suppose to have average deals.

[quote name='retro.elite']RCSS has a coupon with $10 off any game $29.99 or above.

I think most Canadians has the mindset that Boxing Day is not suppose to have average deals.[/QUOTE]

I've been gaming for a very long time and I don't ever recall seeing deep discounts on gaming stuff on Boxing Day. If, as you say, people expect big deals on this stuff it makes me wonder where that expectation comes from.

I'm not intending to single you out but I'd love someone/anyone to show me one of these seemingly mythical great BD deals of the past.
Not because they don't exist, but because I don't remember them.

$39.99 is a good deal for Fable III as its usually $69.99

However, now that Rogers is selling used new releases for $39.99, I was able to pick up Fable III already for that price. I may just cancel my EDGE discount card with EB Games as even 10% off of $64.99 doesn't even come CLOSE to that!

Amazon .ca also has Kinectimals, Dance Central and Joyride up for sale right now for $29 (free shipping)

beats having to wait for Best Buy's site to go live or purchase more than you wanted as EB's free ship price is higher than the rest

Last Boxing Day I got a 250GB slim PS3 along with Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, and Little Big Planet for $300.

Flash forward to this boxing day, and there's nothing even remotely as good as that, even though all the PS3 bundles are the same price.

Heck I got a better deal last month when I purchased a 160GB along with NHL 11, Infamous, and a $20 gift card for $300 from Best Buy.

[quote name='Vertebraille']Superstore at 130th in Calgary is selling PS2s for 19.50[/QUOTE]

Do you recall how many they had left? I wonder if other locations are selling them for the same price...

[quote name='Eoyote']Do you recall how many they had left? I wonder if other locations are selling them for the same price...[/QUOTE]
There were about 6 or 7 on the table beside the electronics dept. That was around noon, but I didn't see anyone buying any.

bread's done
Back