The Return of the GameCrazy 3 for $15! Nov 7th-20th

V

Virtua

Yes, it's true! Once again, from November 7th to the 20th, ALL classic games are 3 for $15 at gamecrazy.

Games from the following systems included: NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSOne, Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color.
No exclusions, no mvp card needed, cannot be combined with any other offer.

I can't wait to pick up a ton of N64 and dreamcast titles. This was a huge sale last time and I hope everyone takes advantage of it this time again!

[quote name='aoLat']Do you have to buy 3 games for the deal to work? I just went to my local GameCrazy and noticed...a very rare game, in good condition for N64. I asked if I could get it and the guy said yes. As he was reaching into the case to get it, I asked him if they were doing the 3 for $15 deal and he said yeah. I asked if I could just get that game for $5 and he said no. :cry:[/QUOTE]

so which ....very very very rare game is this?

and 15 bux, just grab 2 other random games u want. cmon man.

[quote name='111111']so which ....very very very rare game is this?

and 15 bux, just grab 2 other random games u want. cmon man.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know as well. TELL!

FINE! It was Tactics Ogre 64 with a box! You got it out of me! Did the employee just want to keep this for himself? I really want that game. With a box! An N64 game with a box! Come on! Oh and I don't have $15... I have $12. I'm an embarassment to mankind. :cry:

[quote name='aoLat']FINE! It was Tactics Ogre 64 with a box! You got it out of me! Did the employee just want to keep this for himself? I really want that game. With a box! An N64 game with a box! Come on! Oh and I don't have $15... I have $12. I'm an embarassment to mankind. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Ogre Battle 64. Tactics Ogre is a PS1, SNES, and GBA game.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think you mean Ogre Battle 64. Tactics Ogre is a PS1, SNES, and GBA game.[/QUOTE]

....Maybe that's why it was in a PS1 case...but why was an N64 game next to it?

My store has aonly crap left. I scoped it out last week to pick some stuff for them to hold, and the only things I could find were a few N64 games. Oh well.

swung by the local store after I got home from school, but decided I should research the games before I blindly bought them.

things that caught my attention:

PS1
Diablo (Disc-Only)
Time Crisis: Project Titan w/Guncon Bundle(complete)

DC
Outrigger (Disc-Only)
Sonic Adventure 2 (Disc-Only)

GB/GBC
Dragon Warrior game(I think it was DW Monsters)
Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Lengend II
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Tetris Attack
Wario Blast

anyone know if time crisis will qualify or if it will be exempt because it's a hardware bundle kinda? I was thinking of getting that and possibly Tetris Attack and Mario Tennis.

I know some people who would kill for a $5 Tetris Attack. I say go for it.

I nabbed Ogre Battle 64 the last time they did this sale, but it was cart only (all my games were).

I wasn't allowed to buy GB Classic games @ my gamecrazy! Oh well...here's what i got:

Paper Mario N64- Cartridge only (available for trade)
Breath of Fire III PS1-Complete (available for trade)
Kirby 64

SANJURO:

time crisis w/gun DOES indeed qualify i asked the guy myself. i am a timecrisis freak heh. sadly i have multiple guncons and all the games so peeps out there that want time crisis for 5 bux w/gun that's the way to go.

edit:
2 stores i went had multiple copies of diablo disks only. no book and no case=not worth crap :(. diablo is better on pc anyways.

Is this sale region specific or something? I just called the GameCrazy in Jacksonville, NC and they said that they had no sales like that right now and that had heard nothing about it.

If anyone can snag me a Guncon bundle, I would gladly pay for it + extra for shipping + your troubles.

Or trade from my list. Whatever.

i got to my gamecrazy just in time to here the associate tell this guy how much he saved with the deal. Then he's says "Awesome, and now they're all going to ebay."

guhhhhhhhhhhhh

[quote name='Dingleberry']i got to my gamecrazy just in time to here the associate tell this guy how much he saved with the deal. Then he's says "Awesome, and now they're all going to ebay."

guhhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

alot of people that work at game stores ebay now. i hear it ALL the time when i go into game stores. i think eventually companies will do something about it, because seriously they lose alot of customers from their ebay infested employees.

I didn't pick up anything at the Madison, WI store. It was pretty picked over but they had a copy of Harvest Moon for the PSX. I'd have picked it up... but there wasn't really all that much else worth picking up.

There was tons of games at the Gamecrazy I was just at in Elmhurst, IL. Didn't grab much since I really didn't think I was going to find a lot.

Things that caught my eye were:

PSOne:
Final Fantasy 7
Time Crisis with guncon
Harvest Moon
Diablo
Elemental Gearbolt, which was only marked at $1.99.....asked them about it, said they sent it to another store??? Why would you send only 1 game to another store??

Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle
Sword of the Bezerk
Power Stone

But since I only brought around $18 I ended up grabbing Mario Party 1,2,3 all for $15. They also had Castlevania 64 and Mario Tennis for N64, might go back and grab some more stuff tomorrow.

Went to my other gamecrazy today at lunch. I asked the guy about the sale, and he said "we just got mario party and gauntlet legends in for 64".

So, I snagged the following:

N64:
Mario Party
Gauntlet Legends
Mickey's Racing (can't remember exact title)

Eh, my Gamecrazy had nothing. The employee there told me that everyone who works there picks out the good games as soon as they arrive. :p

I did ok, expanded the DC library with:

Sonic Adv. 2
Jet Grind Radio
Floigan Bros.
Daytona USA
Flag to Flag
NHL 2k2

Why the last one? I dunno, it got great reviews, and I don't have any other hockey games.

Store didn't have any Game Gear titles at all. Mine's been in a drawer for the last 10 years or so, I never got more than a few games for it. Too bad, I would have bought a bunch then ebayed the unit and games, probably for a small profit.

2 Gamecrazys near me had nothing, but at the third one I got:

Tactics Ogre PS1 Disk only
Samba De Amigo Dreamcast Sealed
Alundra 2 Complete

Vanguard Bandits w/Lunar 2 Demo Disks only
Metroid 2 GB
Project Justice Dreamcast Disk only

then at another I got:

Mario Party 3 N64
Ogre Battle 64 N64
Paper Mario 64 N64

One of the associates at Gamecrazy said they would be getting more games in.

[quote name='Sirmackerel']Eh, my Gamecrazy had nothing. The employee there told me that everyone who works there picks out the good games as soon as they arrive. :p[/QUOTE]

see i think that will be a huge problem to the point where gamecrazy will lose some business. imo in the future gamestores will do something about that.
------

i got to go check out 3 more places today. 1st place i went i was like "ummm you guys literally dont have anything at all" guy says "yea i take all the good snes games, also some guys from texas came in here and wiped us clean last time they did this deal". i'm like ok you're gay.

store 2: they had decent games. i snagged:
Killer Instinct Gold: very good condition.
Parapa the rapper: ok condition
Xmen vs Street fighter: bad condition it didn't even work until they cleaned up the disk using their machine.

store 3: only had a super scratched up Tomba with blockbuster stickers all over the front so i passed that.
----------------

alot of game stores i go to now always have employees bragging how they got this used got that used for cheap and ebayed it. and really, they are losing customers because of this. i really believe in the future they will be able to take out these little ebay whores out!

I picked up Mario Tennis, Yoshi's Story, and Beastwars (such bad voice acting). The funny thing was I mentioned to the clerk I'd heard about the sale on the Internet and he replied, "Let me guess, Cheap Ass Gamer? They're a bunch of jerks." He then went on to tell me how arrogant the folks here were during the sale last spring. I told him what he described didn't sound like arrogance, it more like how to deal with the employees who don't know what they're doing.

Score! Picked up today:

Paper Mario (N64)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Mario 64 (N64)

The store employee even whipped the contacts with a q-tip + alcohol before he put them in the bag. For the D-area CAGs, the store on Southfield Rd. has plenty of Mario 64s and Mario Kart 64s left.

Nothing too exciting at my GC, i picked up some of the more expensive NES games for my collection, here's what i got:

Ms. Pac man
Pac-mania
Pac-man

Namco Museum 3 (Non greatest)
Adventures of Lolo 2
Mario Golf (N64)

The only other GC near me is in trenton...oh well, time to make a trip.

[quote name='111111']we should all in CAG just write complaint letters to gamecrazy how their employees are all ass wipes.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but their QC sucks as well. The games I bought all had a fair amount of scratches on them, but they looked reasonably playable. I'd seen worse. Touting the 90 day gurrrantee, the droid assured me all would be well should anything go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...

Yeah, well, all but one of the games refused to load on either of 2 otherwise healthy DC's. I'm glad it's only a short drive back to the store. I may ask them if they have a resurfacer.

resurface it man. i had a game not work but i had them do that and it works fine now.

i'm actually going back for parapa the rapper to return that thing has a huge gash even after resurfacing.

[quote name='111111']resurface it man. i had a game not work but i had them do that and it works fine now.

i'm actually going back for parapa the rapper to return that thing has a huge gash even after resurfacing.[/QUOTE]But does it play? Probably not, but I'm wondering.

This is what I got with the prices they wanted before the sale on the right:

The New Tetris (N64) $29.99 (Why???)
Pokemon Puzzle League (N64) $14.99
Rayman 2 (N64) $14.99
Pilotwings 64 $7.99
Tetris 2 (SNES) $9.99
Yoshi (NES) $1.99 (Don't ask ;P)

So about $30 for all those I guess (we renewed the GameCrazy card dealie).

Thanks OP! Now I'm going to play Tetris until I die.. XP

Yoshi (NES) $1.99 (Don't ask ;P)

You shouldn't buy titles that are < $5 as part of the 3 for 15 sale. Why? Because the computer will actually mark UP the sub-$5 titles and make them $5 along with the other two games. Have them ring those up separately and get a different high priced game to round out the series of 3.

[quote name='dark-star']Not only that, but their QC sucks as well. The games I bought all had a fair amount of scratches on them, but they looked reasonably playable. I'd seen worse. Touting the 90 day gurrrantee, the droid assured me all would be well should anything go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...

Yeah, well, all but one of the games refused to load on either of 2 otherwise healthy DC's. I'm glad it's only a short drive back to the store. I may ask them if they have a resurfacer.[/QUOTE]

DC's are notorious for being extremely picky about reading discs with scratches. The DC actually reads back-up copies of games better than the official game discs. Go figure.

[quote name='secretvampire']You shouldn't buy titles that are < $5 as part of the 3 for 15 sale. Why? Because the computer will actually mark UP the sub-$5 titles and make them $5 along with the other two games. Have them ring those up separately and get a different high priced game to round out the series of 3.[/QUOTE]

Actually I checked my reciept and it rang up at $1.99. I asked the clerk specifically about that before deciding on it. ;)

I got Paper Mario, Kirby 64, and Legend of Mana yesterday.

Pretty good considering that all of them are $24.99 regular price.

Actually I checked my reciept and it rang up at $1.99. I asked the clerk specifically about that before deciding on it.

Cool, maybe they fixed it since the last sale. But I would still advise everybody to keep a close eye on their receipts. ;)

I had some great findings at my Gamecrazy.

Valkyrie Profile for PS1(missing manual)
Grandia 2 for dreamcast(complete)
WWF No Mercy for N64(cart only)

Thanks Op.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']is pokemon stadium 2 worth picking up? it was all golden and marked $25.[/QUOTE]

For $5 you can't go wrong, can ya?

[quote name='mario23air']I wish I lived near one of these.[/QUOTE]

dont feel that bad tho cuz i'd say at least 60% of the stores have nothing to begin with. alot of game crazys do not take old school games anymore in for trade. also even if you find some golden ones most likely it's either defective or ultra scratched up. 3 games i wanted was marked defective and 90% of the games i bought are pretty scrached up/and missing inserts and everything else.

you're not missing anything ultra ultra super hyper combo finish.

Okay so the nearest gamecrazy is a half hour away and I drive up there and ask about the deal, the biggest looking prick there tells us we have to be mvp members to take advantage of it.

[quote name='111111']alot of people that work at game stores ebay now. i hear it ALL the time when i go into game stores. i think eventually companies will do something about it, because seriously they lose alot of customers from their ebay infested employees.[/QUOTE]

I thought most stores(EB anyways) the employees have to sign a waiver that they agree not to resell? If all employeess did this at all stores, they would have no used games stock. For Gamestop/EB/Gamecrazy, their bread and butter is giving a customer $3 in trade credit and then putting it on the shelves and selling it for $30.

If the employees are sniping all the decent games before they hit the shelves, that would mean no customers would buy anything.

[quote name='Bareknuckle']I had some great findings at my Gamecrazy.

Valkyrie Profile for PS1(missing manual)
Grandia 2 for dreamcast(complete)
WWF No Mercy for N64(cart only)

Thanks Op.[/QUOTE]

a winner is you. I will give you $40 shipped for that VP when you finish playing it if the discs are in decent shape.

yeah, my GC wouldn't print out an inventory list. i was about to pick up a couple NES games, Mega Man 2 and Bubble Bobble, but i wasn't sure if they were worth it, and before i thought twice an off duty employee came in and asked for them. the kid actually went to my old high school, and one of his friends recognized me, said we'd met, though i know i'd never met the kid.

bread's done
Back