The Return of the GameCrazy 3 for $15! Nov 7th-20th

V

Virtua

Yes, it's true! Once again, from November 7th to the 20th, ALL classic games are 3 for $15 at gamecrazy.

Games from the following systems included: NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSOne, Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Game Boy, and Game Boy Color.
No exclusions, no mvp card needed, cannot be combined with any other offer.

I can't wait to pick up a ton of N64 and dreamcast titles. This was a huge sale last time and I hope everyone takes advantage of it this time again!

Don't know if this has been posted, but in the same mailer it also says "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" this is on any new game 18.99 or less. Not a real good deal, but some might be interested.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']yeah, my GC wouldn't print out an inventory list. i was about to pick up a couple NES games, Mega Man 2 and Bubble Bobble, but i wasn't sure if they were worth it, and before i thought twice an off duty employee came in and asked for them. the kid actually went to my old high school, and one of his friends recognized me, said we'd met, though i know i'd never met the kid.[/QUOTE]
Oy... I would have paid decent money for Bubble Bobble. One of my favorite NES games in terms of replay.

If any employee tells you you have to be an MVP to get this deal, they are just being an overzealous salesman and using it as leverage to get MVP cards. It's not true at all in any aspect whatsoever. Tell them to give you the deal or their DM's number. It's on our national flyers! with no mention of the mvp card necessary! idiots.

also about the under $5 games.. ONLY games that are being used for the 3 for $15 should be rang up on one receipt. They should ring up any Under $5 titles seperately. That's how the memo sent to every store says to do it.

[quote name='jer7583']If any employee tells you you have to be an MVP to get this deal, they are just being an overzealous salesman and using it as leverage to get MVP cards. It's not true at all in any aspect whatsoever. Tell them to give you the deal or their DM's number. It's on our national flyers! with no mention of the mvp card necessary! idiots.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad I drove 40 minutes for nothing then, I even made a big thing about it when he told me saying how far I had to drive and he basically didn't give a shit. He was a total asshole.

Did anybody else have problems with a store having a shelf of "MVP only" games that are excluded from this deal? I have an MVP and one of the Gamecrazys I went to had all their good used games on one shelf marked "MVP only" and when I tried to buy them the manager was a gigantic asshole and said they were excluded and they can choose to exclude any games they want from this sale. This is the same manager that wouldn't sell me their blue Game Gear today for $9.99, what it rings up in the computer as, because he, "checked it a few weeks ago and it was $24.99."

they really need to hire people who knows some stuff about games. i went to one today and asked them to look for paper mario for n64 dude comes back 10 mins later from the back and goes I cant find paper mario for the playstation

i gave up and left . he did say some guy came in monday night and grabbed every copy of mario party 2 and 3.. (i was like good luck cause i had 4 copies of part 3 i returned over and over and over cause the battery was dead)

My findings today(all disc only):

Suikoden
Rhapsody (both discs)
Tomba!2
Persona Revelations
Armored Core Master of arena
Armored Core
Breath of Fire 3
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Samba de Amigo

[quote name='indomitable']My findings today(all disc only):

Suikoden
Rhapsody (both discs)
Tomba!2
Persona Revelations
Armored Core Master of arena
Armored Core
Breath of Fire 3
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Samba de Amigo[/QUOTE]

suikoden, rhaspody, tomba 2 good finds.

i wish i picked tomba but it was super scratched along with 3 huge blockbuster stickers on the front cover. i was like F U!

My local GameCrazy has Chocobo Dungeon 2, but not much else I want. Is it a good game? I could always pick up some .99 cent NES games to go with it...

[quote name='takingchase']so wait, are all gamecrazy's in hollywood videos?[/QUOTE]

Not all of them are in Hollywood Video stores, but the vast majority of them are. I only know of a couple stand alone Game Crazy stores.

I stopped by yesterday after work, not expecting to see anything decent. I actually walked out with a decent haul for ~$65 (after tax):

n64:
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 3
Paper Mario
Kirby 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
The Next Tetris

SNES:
Megaman X
Mario Kart

NES:
Kirby's Adventure

I drove 30 minutes to my nearest GameCrazy only to have them say that it was an MVP only sale (which was a lie, from what I'm reading above). They didn't have much of anything left, though I probably would have picked up the Paper Mario that they had (and whatever other 2 random games) if they would have given me the deal without being an MVP. Blah. All of the games they had that weren't current console were disc/cartridge only as well. Waste of almost an hour and a half on my part.

[quote name='jtkauff']I drove 30 minutes to my nearest GameCrazy only to have them say that it was an MVP only sale (which was a lie, from what I'm reading above). Waste of almost an hour and a half on my part.[/QUOTE]

The guy in one of the two stores I went to had no clue about the sale, despite the prominently displayed "3 for $15 Classic Plastic" signs attached to the rack. The rack that he probably stares at all day.

The guy at the other store had the personality of a garden snail, but he did know about the sale.

went to the store near my girlfriend's house. the guy there is a total fag. they had on list mario kart, super metroid, and tomba. i asked for all of them he said "NOPE i got some of them and ebayed it"

.....i went out of the store telling him how much of a phaggot he is. i've been to this store before and he brags to his customers stories of him getting crap for cheap and buying it from the store to sell it online. customers were in the store today and he bragged how he is playing a bunch of roms for his gba.

i'm thinking of writing to the company about this phaggot ass.
============

will check one more store tom.

this is what i grabbed at my gc store i went yesterday and today:

n64:
harvest moon 64
castlevania
donkey kong 64
pokemon stadium 2
paper mario
mortal kombat trilogy

super nintendo:
final fantasy II
mega man x

nes :
final fantasy

[quote name='111111']went to the store near my girlfriend's house. the guy there is a total fag. they had on list mario kart, super metroid, and tomba. i asked for all of them he said "NOPE i got some of them and ebayed it"

.....i went out of the store telling him how much of a phaggot he is. i've been to this store before and he brags to his customers stories of him getting crap for cheap and buying it from the store to sell it online. customers were in the store today and he bragged how he is playing a bunch of roms for his gba.

i'm thinking of writing to the company about this phaggot ass.
============

will check one more store tom.[/QUOTE]

Please do so. Get the number for his DM or hollywood's number is something like 1-800-TAL-K2US but I would call holywood to make sure first. Hollywood owns gamecrazy and most managers would be happy to be rid of an asshat like that. I want everyone who has a bad experience with this sale to let hollywood know so they can get rid of the morons in certain stores. I work in the southeastern wisconsin area and most of our managers and employees are real gamers and would never pull the stuff that i've heard about here.

The guy at my local store was really nice. He let me look through the entire stock of the PSX games that the store had. I found a couple really cool ones, like Elemental Gearbolt... here's the bad part...

When he went to clear up the surface of EG, it cracked the disk. Pisser.

The guy was really cool though, he actually said that he had some titles set aside for himself and told me which ones they were and said that if I wanted them, I could have them. I thought that was a pretty rare attitude for a clerk.

[quote name='jer7583']Please do so. Get the number for his DM or hollywood's number is something like 1-800-TAL-K2US but I would call holywood to make sure first. Hollywood owns gamecrazy and most managers would be happy to be rid of an asshat like that. I want everyone who has a bad experience with this sale to let hollywood know so they can get rid of the morons in certain stores. I work in the southeastern wisconsin area and most of our managers and employees are real gamers and would never pull the stuff that i've heard about here.[/QUOTE]

doubt they will do anything. at least the ones in fort wayne the people working there pulled all the good games and held them for themself before the first sale started. they said they had the right to pull games off the shelf before the sale started since they worked there.

they do need to hire people who at least know the difference between Pc games and video games. The first sale i found at least 5 pc games that was in the ps1 lot. Also they need to check games. one game was nothing but demo disc and they sold it as the real game

This is my recent haul from another Game Crazy.
PS1:
Rival Schools(glad to find this game,been looking for it for a while)
Bloody Roar 2

N64:
Excitebike 64

GB:
Game and Watch Gallery 2
Bust A Move 4
Metroid 2
Super Golden 27 in 1 game pack(don't really know much about this cart but it has 27 games,this is the first time I've ever seen it and I've never heard of it)

GBC:
Wario Land 3
Kirby Tilt and Tumble

I was pleasently surprised to find these games,they were the best of the lot.

Finally managed to hit up some GameCrazys today in between stints at work.

Willoughby:
Mega Man 2 ($15)
Double Dragon ($8)
TMNT (only $2, but nothing else I wanted)

Cleveland (scary trip, this one; I actually locked my doors - Mapquest has no regard for where you're driving, "Look, that alley is a shortcut!"):
Super Smash Bros ($25)
Mario Golf ($25)
Bomberman 64 ($13)

non-3 for $15 games:
Illusion of Gaia (hell yeah: $5)
Blades of Steel ($3)
Battletoads ($2)
Zoda's Revenge ($2)

If anyone can tell me if Bomberman 64 is a traditional Bomberman like Super Bomberman (fun single and multiplayer) or more like the new Bombermans, let me know. If its more crap single player, I'm just gonna return that whole set of N64 games - or trade/sell here, if anyone is interested.

Sweet, I went by my local Game Crazy this morning and nabbed the following for $96.00.

Dragon Warrior III - GBC
Bomberman - GB
Marble Madness- GB
Bonk's Adventure- GB
Zelda DX- GBC
Wario Land 2- GB
Pokemon Crystal- GBC
Pokemon Silver - GBC
Pokemon Gold- GBC
Marble Madness- GBC
DuckTales- GB
Wario Land 3- GBC

Kirby 64 - N64
Bomberman Hero- N64
Banjo-Tooie- N64
Mario Tennis- N64
Earthworm Jim 3D- N64
Mario Golf - N64
Command and Conquer- N64
Pokemon Puzzle League- N64
Scooby Doo - N64

[quote name='111111']dave:
half of those i'd buy.....the other half...i dunno i hope u like n64 and gbc games alot lol.[/QUOTE]
100% agreed. Definitely not worth the amount you paid, but if you're satisfied, who cares?

And about Bomberman 64. I personally liked it. I haven't really played any other Bomberman games, though I do know how the old ones work. The multiplayer aspect is similar to the old games, but the singleplayer is definitely different. Like I said, I liked it, but I'm not sure you will.

With that said, I might be interested in trading/buying it for cheap. I haven't seen it around.

The MVP shelf is often suggested by the DM's, not something a store manager just decides to do. While this is a great promotion, alot of the DM's get pissed that there selling tons of games extremly cheap, especially when they are the only ones left that carry anything from N64/PSX/DC and beyond. The DM's suggest these shelves as a way to push there MVP card sales (as they as well as their stores are rated by). Its very easy for Managers to just take all the expensive games and put them in the back to the end of sale as well.

bread's done
Back