The Road to Wrestlemania Begins Now! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to share this with you guys:

More details are coming out about former WWE announcer Mike Adamle's recent DUI arrest. According to the police report, Adamle danced in the street and did a head stand after police in Evanston, Illinois pulled him over on January 10th for disobeying a red-flashing traffic signal.

The report says Adamle voluntarily started dancing in the street and did a head stand before he was ordered to take a field sobriety test, which he failed. Adamle did pass a breathalyzer test that he took at the police station later on. The arresting office noted that Adamle's eyes were glossy and blood shot and he had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

While in police custody, police say Adamle was acting erratic and doing things like grinding his teeth, acting "extremely jittery" and rubbing his nose. Police suspected Adamle was under the influence of something other than alcohol. Adamle told the cops he had not taken any kind of drugs including prescriptions. However, Adamle allegedly told a DUI drug investigator that he was taking Lomictal for his seizures.

Adamle told police he was returning home from work and only had one glass of wine about two hours before being stopped. Adamle is disputing the charger because his BAC was 0.044, below the Illinois legal limit of 0.08. Adamle is due in court on February 14th on charges of DUI.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']So Kane wound up with 1:36 total time and ZERO eliminations. Love how they hyped that he was only a handful of eliminations behind HBK during his 40th entrant entrance.[/QUOTE]

I just assumed that it was to protect Michaels' record. Even if Kane beats it, they probably thought it was smart to do it *next* year, so they can list that as an accomplishment for HBK's HoF induction.

That was my thinking, anyway. It seemed weird because the Rumble is always Kane's 'thing', but I suppose a 4 or 5-month title reign makes up for it this year. Question becomes... will he even be around next year?

[quote name='JJSP']Kong spoiler -
Awesome Kong is backstage at Raw tonight and is expected to debut imminently.
[/QUOTE]

I hope this is true. Big tease last night with the announcement of the fatal four-way... only to have the fourth diva be Eve (who?).

I suppose it's possible that she'll debut and capture the title immediately. Which would create an uphill climb for the rest of the divas... or a Gail Kim push.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I hope this is true. Big tease last night with the announcement of the fatal four-way... only to have the fourth diva be Eve (who?).

I suppose it's possible that she'll debut and capture the title immediately. Which would create an uphill climb for the rest of the divas... or a Gail Kim push.[/QUOTE]

Or, It brings Beth Phoenix back to Raw..oh my god, the possibilities....

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I hope this is true. Big tease last night with the announcement of the fatal four-way... only to have the fourth diva be Eve (who?).

I suppose it's possible that she'll debut and capture the title immediately. Which would create an uphill climb for the rest of the divas... or a Gail Kim push.[/QUOTE]
For whatever it's worth, there's not a whole lot of credible women in the WWE right now (by my count, it's Beth, Gail, Natalya, McCool, and Melina). Kong thrives as a dominant monster, and it makes considerably more sense to have Kong go out and demolish Eve at some point than it does to have her run through LayCool or Natalya in three minutes. I don't normally expect logic to apply to the divas, but I'd rather see Kong powerbomb Kelly Kelly or Eve and have Nattie and Melina chase her for the belt than the other way around.

[quote name='JJSP']Kong spoiler -
Awesome Kong is backstage at Raw tonight and is expected to debut imminently.
[/QUOTE]

She was also backstage at the Rumble.

:dunce:

I'll have to record it. I do hope we see Booker T or Diesel tonight (though I've heard don't count on the latter).. Maybe Triple H will return tonight as well. They usually do something huge the night after the Rumble.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']So Kane wound up with 1:36 total time and ZERO eliminations. Love how they hyped that he was only a handful of eliminations behind HBK during his 40th entrant entrance.[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed where Kane tossed Zeke last night. As did everyone who replied to you without mentioning it.

Still needs...one more to tie, is it? They'll give it to him next year I bet.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I guess you missed where Kane tossed Zeke last night. As did everyone who replied to you without mentioning it.

Still needs...one more to tie, is it? They'll give it to him next year I bet.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I totally missed that. Then again, if it involves Zeke, it's instantly forgettable.

MVP has signed a one-year contract with New Japan. :)

Prince Devitt faces Low Ki, in a few months, and I'd love to see Devitt-MVP by the year's end. Fantastic news.

And did any of our SoCal guys go to WrestleReunion 5? That card looked to be amazing. On behalf of my friend, Johnny Yuma, I've been seeing pictures of the aftermath on Facebook, for the last day.

[quote name='diddy310']I'd be surprised if Smith makes it to Wrestlemania let alone the post-Mania roster purge.[/QUOTE]

And that would suuuuuck. The Hart Dynasty was never given enough of a chance to do much of anything because WWE's tag team philosophy is poobrain, they split them up for no good reason, and then they do barely anything with the guys. It's dumb.

I tried like hell to get to at least the PWG show on Saturday night, but I ended up working till 7 and wasn't going to make it to the show in LA from Orange County by 8, especially with tickets being scarce.

Figures it'd start at 9 like a typical PWG show. Reviews and reports say it was mostly fantastic with the exception of Shane Helms (but maaaaaaan, did the LA crowd shit on him). Show started at 9 and ended at 1:30AM. Insane.

TNA Note -
For those of you waiting for the Main Event Mafia tonight, don't hold your breath. I was told this morning that "They" is going in a completely different direction than most people expect and that decision was made several days ago. I was told "When it goes down, people who expected a ton of big names might be surprised, but it's a move that's better for the company overall." - PW Insider

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I was in a wrestling modd (and I just bought it Friday), I popped in the Shawn Micheals DVD, and on it is the entire 1995 Royal Rumble match and man, almost nothing's changed since then. The match has been 95% top rope fodder and about 5% people who stand a chance to win. Christ, about 4-5 people got tossed out before they were in the ring for 5 seconds.

Has there every truly been a Rumble where a good chunk (over 50%) of the participants actually stood a chance at actually winning?

Jim Duggan won the very first one, a match that didn't really have any clear favorites.

Bret Hart, Tito Santana, Butch Reed, Jim Neidhart, Jake Roberts, Harley Race, Jim Brunzell, Sam Houston, Danny Davis, Boris Zhukov, Don Muraco, Nikolai Volkoff, Jim Duggan, Ron Bass, B. Brian Blair, Hillbilly Jim, Dino Bravo, Ultimate Warrior, One Man Gang, Junkyard Dog.

One day I really wish a jobber that was about to be released would just totally break script and pull off some sort of shit to win the Rumble. Honeslty, think about it. If someone like a Zack Ryder, or even a Justin Gabriel had gone total kayfabe and broke script, eliminating ADR after hiding like Santino did... Yeah we would have been through 2 complete threads over that alone by now.

Alas, that type of thing can only happen in a video game. But Goddamnit, that would be awesome. Tyler Reks.. or is it Rex?, winner of the Royal Rumble... fired on Monday. Best story ever.

[quote name='JJSP']Jim Duggan won the very first one, a match that didn't really have any clear favorites.

Bret Hart, Tito Santana, Butch Reed, Jim Neidhart, Jake Roberts, Harley Race, Jim Brunzell, Sam Houston, Danny Davis, Boris Zhukov, Don Muraco, Nikolai Volkoff, Jim Duggan, Ron Bass, B. Brian Blair, Hillbilly Jim, Dino Bravo, Ultimate Warrior, One Man Gang, Junkyard Dog.[/QUOTE]

Is that why they still bring him back for damn near every Rumble? I think the biggest Surprise of last night was actually NOT seeing Duggan walk down the ramp to get in the ring.

A day later, and I'm still mad about Hornswaggle being in the Rumble. Why couldn't Kaval stick it out? :(

EDIT:
blCfX.gif

"I'm gettin' too old for this shit."

Last edited by a moderator:
ROH is on HDNet right now. Christopher Daniels vs Eddie Edwards for the TV Title is the main event. Right now its Colt Cabana vs Mike Mondo (Mikey from Spirit Squad).

Just when I thought I couldn't stand The Miz, he goes and eliminates Cena. I may actually turn to the dark side and start cheering for Miz if he continues like this.

Love the Rumble match. I'm with you guys on the overexposed Hornswaggle. I'm guessing it was to make up for the Nexus dominating the ring for so long earlier. Loved seeing Booker T and Diesel again. I did not, however, enjoy their limited time in the ring (knowing Horns was in their longer than Booker and Nash's time combined makes me weep).

And thank god Santino lost. It's one thing to give someone who can't be taken seriously a title in a division that can't be taken seriously anymore, but to ruin that with someone who hids under/beside the ring for minutes at a time and magically appears (an act more annoying than pointing at a WM sign) would be insulting. So congratulations to Del Rio for getting the win. For hyping the Rumble match more than anyone during the weeks leading up to it, he deserved it.

The other matches were ok. Meanwhile, I love this current angle with the Bellas, Kim, and Daniel Bryan. I haven't been this excited about a Diva storyline since .... um,when was the last great Diva storyline?

[quote name='davo1224']Dawn Marie/Torrie Wilson was pretty money. Last good feud? Trish/Lita in 2006 I think.[/QUOTE]

The Gail Kim/Awesome Kong feud from TNA 2008 was very good.

[quote name='Brak']Nash has no place on television, anymore... let alone as an in-ring talent.

People thought he shouldn't have been on TV in TNA, but think he's gold in WWE. Wat?[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people dump on TNA, but I don't recall, given their collection of old wrestlers on the dole down south, people complaining too much about Nash specifically.

Also, Nash as "Diesel" and not as "Nash" has a nostalgia factor TNA can't replicate due to copyright. Sure, it's just Nash in a halloween costume, but that's beside the point.

Curious on if we see Lawler/Miz at Chamber or the possibility of Lawler/Miz at Mania. I have a feeling we will get one or the other.

[quote name='Chronis']To whoever said we'd get a Knucklehead ad on Raw: Close but no cigar. We're getting The Chaperone instead! WOOOO! :lol:[/QUOTE]

WWE Did you Know? in a month -
"The Chaperone" had the third-fastest theater-to-DVD release in WWE Films history.

[quote name='mykevermin']Also, Nash as "Diesel" and not as "Nash" has a nostalgia factor TNA can't replicate due to copyright. Sure, it's just Nash in a halloween costume, but that's beside the point.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, now you have me imagining TNA bringing back Nash as "Petrol"

[quote name='Chronis']To whoever said we'd get a Knucklehead ad on Raw: Close but no cigar. We're getting The Chaperone instead! WOOOO! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just thought of that right when they advertised it.

Oh and fuck yeah Ort. That punt was sweeeet!

[quote name='Chronis']Way for Husky to milk the shit outta that RKO..... If he sells the punt to the same degree, we won't see him for years.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing, he was down on all fours for, like, three full minutes.

So, if Orton was going to run away like a little bitch, why didn't nexus just rush the ring in the first place? Also, if I was Husky lying there and someone says over the PA system, "Don't kick that guy in the head," I would roll my fat ass out of the ring PDQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back