The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

Hey,I bought the RB2 Bundle on Release date and I just noticed my guitar is black and not brown. It looks like the RB1 Guitar and not like the RB2 Guitar.Anyone else with this problem?

The bundle comes with a RB2 guitar, but the finish, plastic, whatever you want to call it is the classic black/white RB1 style.

It is a RB2 guitar, but just doesnt look as cool as the standalone...

[quote name='evergoo']Much thanks bigdsinferno. :bow:

Time to go buy it at rockbandstore.com now. It's $38 shipped.[/quote]

Nice find. I think I'll buy it there as well.

[quote name='mwestep']The bundle comes with a RB2 guitar, but the finish, plastic, whatever you want to call it is the classic black/white RB1 style.

It is a RB2 guitar, but just doesnt look as cool as the standalone...[/quote]
So you're saying that I have to buy just the guitar?Well,the ads show the new color with the bundle...I'll see what Harmonix tells me.

[quote name='snakelda']So you're saying that I have to buy just the guitar?Well,the ads show the new color with the bundle...I'll see what Harmonix tells me.[/quote]

Harmonix already stated that the bundles will not come with the sunburst guitars. The ones in the bundle are RB2 guitars (quieter buttons, auto calibration) but no sunburst shell.

Yes, it's pretty crappy because they are advertising these are in the box (I haven't looked at the box myself, but I'm sure it's pictured there outside of the people on the cover) and of course the TV ads have em too. But I guess if you base the product off the TV ads, you'd have cymbals and the MadCatz bass as well.

I was going to buy a bundle, but when I heard there was no sunburst guitar included, I decided to just buy the game and wait to buy a new guitar and drum kit separately. Sure, it's going to cost more this way, but I used RewardZone points to buy the game and with the new Gamer's program, I'll be getting atleast an extra $10 back, so I might be spending $10 more, if not the same to buy it piece by piece.

I just picked up Rock Band 2 and AC\DC Live Track Pack last night at Wal-Mart. For now ill just be using my original RB1 Instruments, although wireless drums sound nice and cant see the point in a room full of plastic instruments.

I want to get this but I am not sure if I want Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band 2?!? Anyone have a suggestion and why it's better to go with one over the other?

[quote name='fatez']I want to get this but I am not sure if I want Guitar Hero World Tour or Rock Band 2?!? Anyone have a suggestion and why it's better to go with one over the other?[/QUOTE]If you want trophies, that gives you a reason to go with RB2 over GH: WT right now.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Read the GH thread, then come back here and you'll realize how you'll want RB2 more.[/quote]

HAHA! That's what I did! Had GHWT on preordered but picked up RB2 instead after reading about all the problems in some forums.

wow, the RMA process is pretty shitty w/ EA.
I started the RMA 2 weeks ago for my guitar and they still haven't gotten it to me. meanwhile 1/4 of the warranty period is over haha.

At least the drums in my 2ND set are ok for now despite the design crosstalk everyone experiences. Though I find it exceptionally humorous that they are in fact out of stock of working replacement drums... yeah that's how bad it is. And people are getting warning e-mails that their card is going to get charged even though they haven't even shipped out the initial replacement box lol.

pretty pathetic.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you send them an email about where it's at?[/QUOTE]

Got a tracking # 2 weeks ago, should arrive tomorrow.

One disconcerting thing is I heard that replacement instruments only get a 5 day warranty. Even though i'm in the original 60 day window.

no free games I bet lol, just lots of pissed off people

I'd check wikipedia, I read on there about one of the games not playing nice. I'm pretty sure the issue was using a Rock Band (not sure if that included RB2) drum kit to play GH:WT and it didn't work.

Yeah it's the GH:WT drum kit that doesn't play nice with RB2. Hopefully Harmonix is working to patch that.

Does anyone else have problems with the RB1 drums not picking up on hits? Granted I'm playing at 10:30 in an apartment so I'm not going all out, but I swear that it should be registering a hit when it doesn't. This is especially true on the red pad (far left)

Well my replacement guitar finally came after 2.5 weeks since I got the tracking # (seriously guys?)

And strange thing is the guitar is a different design and the new reciever has stickers on the bottom w/ the serial # rather than having it engraved....
IMAGE_030.jpg

The New one is on the left, old one on the right
Also it was a bit greasy on the back, but now upstrum works I guess...

Anyone know about the differences between these 2 units?

well besides the obvious...

strangely I remember hearing all the RB2 guitars were supposed to be sunburst design, but all of the RB2 band kits I think didn't have them. except on the neck

Could anyone out there tell me if the 20 free songs code included w/ the game are limited? I plan on getting the SE eventually but I don't want to miss out on 20 free songs. Thanks

[quote name='AleetPanda']Could anyone out there tell me if the 20 free songs code included w/ the game are limited? I plan on getting the SE eventually but I don't want to miss out on 20 free songs. Thanks[/quote]

Nope, its printed right on the back cover art as 20 free songs to download, and the code is printed on the instruction manual. No need to worry.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Nope, its printed right on the back cover art as 20 free songs to download, and the code is printed on the instruction manual. No need to worry.[/QUOTE]
Much appreciated Friend!

[quote name='Zoglog']well besides the obvious...

strangely I remember hearing all the RB2 guitars were supposed to be sunburst design, but all of the RB2 band kits I think didn't have them. except on the neck[/quote]

The only difference is the shell. For some reason, they aren't including the sunburst guitar in the bundles at this time.

Looks cool. Once I can play again, I'll probably go with the same set up (two cymbals, yellow and green). I don't really see the point of three, that's too much and you could get away with one, but you might as well go for two when it's just $10 more.

OK... i just read thru 4 pages of this thread and im slightly more confused now than I was before.... im leaning towards RB2.... is the equipment good? ive never had any music games before but i heard horror stories about RB1's instruments.

also.... i just ordered that special GH WT with the 2 wired guitars from red octane for $60. will those work with RB2? and vice versa? what will i not be able to play with my RB2 instruments?

i appreciate any info!

[quote name='psychobuck']OK... i just read thru 4 pages of this thread and im slightly more confused now than I was before.... im leaning towards RB2.... is the equipment good? ive never had any music games before but i heard horror stories about RB1's instruments.

also.... i just ordered that special GH WT with the 2 wired guitars from red octane for $60. will those work with RB2? and vice versa? what will i not be able to play with my RB2 instruments?

i appreciate any info![/quote]

The equipment is good, and if it's not, Harmonix will replace it for you.

ANd yes, the guitars from GH:WT will work with Rock Band 2. I'm not sure about the RB2 instruments in GH:WT though, I heard the PS3 version didn't support some of them or something. I'm sure someone will know the exact answer

sweet i picked this game up used at gamestop with the cellfire coupon and was still able to get the bonus tracks :)

Awesome discovery I just made today: You can use 2 Singstar mics from the same USB port for Tug of War and Score Duel. This makes this game practically SingStar now, minus the video. \\:D/

[quote name='bornrunnin31']If anyone's interested in joining me, I'll be playing Rock Band at 3pm EST. Dibs on drums.[/QUOTE]
Dibs on vocals! Don't know how long I'll play but my AIM is evergoo03.

The cymbals are pretty cool, but don't add too much to the game. I do enjoy hitting the "green" cymbal to activate overdrive, it definitely feels more "awesome" instead of the green pad. My yellow "high hat" doesn't seem to get much love though...

And it comes with the wingnuts for all 3 colors besides red (yellow, blue, green) and you have a choice of which to use. And remember, the wingnut doesn't dictate which color the cymbal functions as (it's just an indicator). You have plug in the cymbal in the right expansion jack. Could be a good way to fuck with someone though, lol.

[quote name='Duckbutt']Looks cool. Once I can play again, I'll probably go with the same set up (two cymbals, yellow and green). I don't really see the point of three, that's too much and you could get away with one, but you might as well go for two when it's just $10 more.[/QUOTE]

I agree. A third in the middle just seems excessive.

So here's a dilemna.

I currently play RB2 using a GH3 Les Paul (because I think the strat is junk). Now with the PS2 RB bundles going down to $99, is it worth it to pick that up for the drums and a second guitar? Or should I just suck it up and spend $90 on the RB2 drums? Not particularly interested in things like the cymbals, but are the RB2 drums that much better than the RB1 drums? I don't necessarily need the second guitar either, but it might be nice if company is ever over.

I was planning on getting GHWT the complete set, but who knows when HMX will patch the game to accept their drums. Hasn't the 360 had their RB2 patch since the PS3 launch?

Man...I finally opened up my Guitar Hero: World Tour - Guitar Bundle (with an extra Les Paul, $99.99 from RedOctane) and I can't believe how much better the guitar is over the new Fender. I've always preferred the GH controllers, but this just confirms it. It's got some weight to it, but the most important aspects are the clicky strum bar (which I totally prefer) as well as the fret buttons. I have trouble sliding on the Fender and dislike the fact that the fret buttons "click". I much prefer the GH fret buttons where it's more of a "press" down on the buttons. Plus, the design just looks better overall.

Now I'm just happy that I have a complete band set for multiplayer (RB2 Fender, RB2 Drums, GH:WT Guitar, RB2 Mic). Now I just need to get Rock Band 1 (coming in from Goozex) and somehow snag the AC/DC Live Track Pack for cheaper than $40 freaking bucks.

[quote name='MasterSun1']snag the AC/DC Live Track Pack for cheaper than $40 freaking bucks.[/quote]

This was a tough swallow for me as well. What I ended up doing was buying it with my Sony Card and then sending in the purchase credit form for extra reward points and to use my accumulated points as cash to have the cost rebated to my CC. I then put it up on goozex only to reject the first trade for 800 points because I had second thoughts about sending it out without the d/l code, but then I changed my mind and decided that it was in fact a fully functional disc, manual, case and found a bite for it again for 750 points.

So, one way to look at it is that I used 4000 of my SonyCard Reward points to buy the tracks for this game and 750 goozex points. Not too bad in the end and good use of cheapassonomics.

(Oh, and by the way, I'm barely a casual AC/DC fan but I *had* to have this for RB and I can vouch and say that it was worth a pick up)

[quote name='QiG']I then put it up on goozex only to reject the first trade for 800 points because I had second thoughts about sending it out without the d/l code, but then I changed my mind and decided that it was in fact a fully functional disc, manual, case and found a bite for it again for 750 points.[/QUOTE]

No complaints from the user receiving that game?

I'll let you know. I have mixed feelings because I initially requested it not knowing the one time download code information and then took it off my list once I looked it up because I only wanted it to export. In the end, I saw that games like COD4:GOTY edition were being traded and it's ultimately up to the user to know what they're requesting and that goozex is for trading used games. Not to be cold, but it IS a standalone game and it was sent complete with never even being played.

I had received a CoD4:GOTY edition through Goozex and of course the multiplayer map codes were used. I didn't think much of it. Beat the game a couple days later and played multi for a bit, then put it back up on Goozex. New user received it, left feedback about the code being used, but it was still positive. I think in this case, it's still kosher, not like having the code redeemed makes the game unusable. And in the case of CoD4, it's not like the GOTY edition is worth more or less points, so you're technically getting the same value.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Man...I finally opened up my Guitar Hero: World Tour - Guitar Bundle (with an extra Les Paul, $99.99 from RedOctane) and I can't believe how much better the guitar is over the new Fender. I've always preferred the GH controllers, but this just confirms it. It's got some weight to it, but the most important aspects are the clicky strum bar (which I totally prefer) as well as the fret buttons. I have trouble sliding on the Fender and dislike the fact that the fret buttons "click". I much prefer the GH fret buttons where it's more of a "press" down on the buttons. Plus, the design just looks better overall.[/quote]

So are the Les Paul fret buttons pretty quiet compared to the Stratocaster? I haven't used a GH controller since the original but I don't remember the fret buttons on it (or even the RB1 Strat) making much noise at all. The RB2 fret buttons are distractingly noisy.

Sorry I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere before as I haven't seen it but,

When you purchase a pack of Energizer® Advanced Lithium Batteries with a Rock Band Label on it, you get a code for a free track download. Can't say its a deal because I haven't priced the batteries, but additional freebies are always worth mentioning. this works for PS3 and Xbox 360.

[quote name='metaly']So are the Les Paul fret buttons pretty quiet compared to the Stratocaster? I haven't used a GH controller since the original but I don't remember the fret buttons on it (or even the RB1 Strat) making much noise at all. The RB2 fret buttons are distractingly noisy.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely way less noisy. The "clicking" of the RB guitars pissed me off. I play MUCH BETTER with GH guitars than the RB ones. The only thing that sucks about using the new GH guitar is that on tough solos (think AC/DC Live - Thunderstruck on Expert, although most of you probably don't have it), you don't have those 5 additional solo frets buttons (the touch-pad buttons on the GH controller don't work).

I'm just happy now that I have Rock Band 2: Special Edition, Rock Band, AC/DC Live Track Pack, GH: World Tour, and GH: Aerosmith, as well as GH1 and GH2 for PS2. I'm only missing GH3 for PS3.

I have the RB2 drums, RB2 fender, and GH:WT guitar.

bread's done
Back