The safest and most dangerous states according to CQ Press.

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.cqpress.com/product/Crime-State-Rankings-2008.html

--------------------

Safest.

http://os.cqpress.com/Crime%20State%202008_Safest.pdf

1. New Hampshire
2. Maine
3. North Dakota (where I did most of my growing up)
4. Vermont
5. South Dakota

--------------------

Most Dangerous.

http://www.cqpress.com/docs/Crime State 2008_Most Dangerous.pdf

1. Nevada (by a large margin)
2. Louisiana
3. New Mexico
4. South Carolina
5. Arizona

Too bad North Dakota dropped from 1 to 3, but it really is an awesome place to raise a family. It's probably boring for most people, but I really loved it.

WTF? Tennessee is dangerous?

Actually, now that I think about it, there are a shit ton of meth labs up in them hills... That, and apparently everything stolen in the state ends up in Cocke County.

Okay, I believe it now.

[quote name='xcoax']WTF? Tennessee is dangerous?

Actually, now that I think about it, there are a shit ton of meth labs up in them hills... That, and apparently everything stolen in the state ends up in Cocke County.

Okay, I believe it now.[/quote]
Memphis skews the numbers for Tennessee as well.

A lot of these are border states (mostly southern border) and are probably influenced by coyotes (people that illegally smuggle people) and drug importers.

Glad to see Maryland is still in the top 10. We got pit beef sandwiches, crack, and crabs...both kinds! Oh and John Waters...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The one that really surprised me was Alaska being 8th most dangerous.[/quote]

people go nuts up there, no sun for so long does something to ya, plus lots of boozing.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Glad to see Maryland is still in the top 10. We got pit beef sandwiches, crack, and crabs...both kinds! Oh and John Waters...[/QUOTE]

Thank you Baltimore and a special shout out to Bladensburg

[quote name='omgu8myrice']how can you say north dakota is a 'great' place to raise a family?

do school systems mean nothing?[/quote]

What does that even mean?

I can say its a great place because I did most of my growing up there. We moved to Laurel, Maryland for my sophomore year in high school and the school didn't compare to Minot High in Minot. After that we moved to Martinsville, Virginia and Martinsville High was even further behind. I speak from experience. That is why it is great.

well personally, i consider the best places to 'grow up' a place that is safe, has some ethnic diversity, great school systems, and such

[quote name='omgu8myrice']well personally, i consider the best places to 'grow up' a place that is safe, has some ethnic diversity, great school systems, and such[/quote]

Dude, you just described Minot. I lived on the Air Force base and we went into the main town for school. The safety speaks for itself. The main town was much more diverse than rural ND because of the base. I'm black and we had ethnic diversity. Latino, Chinese, Native Americans, not to mention Scandinavian, Norwegian and German heritage in the area. Not all white people have the same background, nor should be classified as a single group. The school system was far more advanced than even the magnet school I went to in Laurel, MD. The school had a spilt campus, a huge gym, it's own swimming pool, indoor track.

Unless you actually lived there you wouldn't have a real picture of the area. I did, so I do.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The one that really surprised me was Alaska being 8th most dangerous.[/quote]

Over the weekend I watched a documentary about a town up there. Barrow, Alaska to be exact. You wouldnt believe all the gory and insane goings on. Vampire types are marauding the entire town and using the humans as cattle. Scary stuff.

Surprised AZ's so low. The new starts with 10 minutes of all the shootings and such that happen around here. There have been a few serial killers around here, too.

AZ is the fifth most dangerous state... you cant get much higher than that...

Doesnt surprise me that La. was so high on the list as all the lowlifes that left after Katrina have been making their way back to that state...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Surprised AZ's so low. The new starts with 10 minutes of all the shootings and such that happen around here. There have been a few serial killers around here, too.[/quote]

I'm surprised it's so high, there is crime here but for the most part it seems relatively safe.

I'm confused why California is not in the top 5.

bread's done
Back