The Secret World $10 on Origin.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Cheapest I've seen it was $7.49 on GMG a week or two before it was announced to be F2P.

Anyone remember how much Amazon had it during the holiday? Just thinking I should wait for Amazon to put it up at that price again.

according to camelcamelcamel, Amazon does not carry the download version. Cheapest third party was 15. They do carry the disc version, and the cheapest it's been is 20 apparently.

I think I saw a thread where it is suppose to be $17.99 on Amazon on the 31st. If you have the $5 credit towards editors choice games of 2012 then it will be $12.99. Still doesn't beat $10, but we shall see what happens.

Even at this price still not worth it, I would probably just buy and not play it.

[quote name='Xiemos']Anyone remember how much Amazon had it during the holiday? Just thinking I should wait for Amazon to put it up at that price again.[/QUOTE]

5 bucks.

[quote name='pdjones']according to camelcamelcamel, Amazon does not carry the download version. Cheapest third party was 15. They do carry the disc version, and the cheapest it's been is 20 apparently.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41018ecret-World1-Download/dp/B007VTVKG6/

It was $13 after promo credit applied at the beginning of January. I believe it was also $5 on GMG (maybe after voucher was applied? can't remember, but that was back when you needed to subscribe to play).

[quote name='silver001']Even at this price still not worth it, I would probably just buy and not play it.

5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't Amazon, that was GMG prior to it going B2P.

It is scheduled to go back on sale at Amazon for $17.99 (pre-credit) on 1/31.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Anyone bite? Are you locked into using Origin or do they just supply a code?[/QUOTE]

Found this over at reddit's gamedeals sub:

You do not need to install Origin.
You will get your key in the confirmation email, and you can then install the game from the Secret World website.

Personally, if it weren't for Path of Exile's open beta starting today, I might've gotten this.

Based on the Amazon thread (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336109) it will be $12.99 on 1/31. It says on the page that it doesn't activate on Steam, but also doesn't say anything about needing Origin to activate. So I'm guessing it's a digital download?

Now I just need to determine if using Origin is worth saving $3. Which I don't think it is. On the flip side I might spend the extra $3 and have to activate on Origin anyway. :(

Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Duetschbag']Based on the Amazon thread (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336109) it will be $12.99 on 1/31. It says on the page that it doesn't activate on Steam, but also doesn't say anything about needing Origin to activate. So I'm guessing it's a digital download?

Now I just need to determine if using Origin is worth saving $3. Which I don't think it is. On the flip side I might spend the extra $3 and have to activate on Origin anyway. :(

Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

After a little more digging I found this. It has to be legit right? I mean it is on the internet. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:54:57 AM PST
J. Mitchell says:
When I purchased this yesterday, the only thing I received from Amazon was a "download" that put a folder on my desktop that had 2 html files, one of which was the activation key. I used that key at the Funcom site (and setup my account) and downloaded the client directly from Funcom.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Maybe next month this will be free to play too. I'll pass again[/QUOTE]

most likely, i would wait it out if you held out for this long

[quote name='Duetschbag']After a little more digging I found this. It has to be legit right? I mean it is on the internet. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:54:57 AM PST
J. Mitchell says:
When I purchased this yesterday, the only thing I received from Amazon was a "download" that put a folder on my desktop that had 2 html files, one of which was the activation key. I used that key at the Funcom site (and setup my account) and downloaded the client directly from Funcom.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine off amazon and did not need to do anything with Origin. I got the key from Amazon and registered through funcom's site and downloaded from them. i wasn't sure how Origin gave you your code if you buy from them but apparently according to what immanewb found a few posts up you do not need to install origin at all apparently they email you your code.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']I bought mine off amazon and did not need to do anything with Origin. I got the key from Amazon and registered through funcom's site and downloaded from them. i wasn't sure how Origin gave you your code if you buy from them but apparently according to what immanewb found a few posts up you do not need to install origin at all apparently they email you your code.[/QUOTE]

That is true. I opted to purchase from Origin and was e-mailed the code. I can't confirm that I can activate it directly from Funcom though since my Funcom account isn't letting me in at the moment. I'm sure someone will figure it out before I get home from work, but I will post back and let you know if it works or not.

So with the code I was e-mailed from Origin, I was able to go to the Funcom website and activate my key as well as download the client. This makes me happy!

Hooray for not having to use Origin!

bread's done
Back