The Sega Genesis Case Project! -- We need your scans!!

Hey, I want to buy around 25 of those cases from someone.. I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I don't want to buy 50.

PM me!

Does anyone have scans of Bubsy or X-Men? If you do, I'll use it as incentive to scan some of my collection.

Air Buster
Aladdin
Altered Beast
Batman Returns
Battlemaster
Beast Wrestler
Columns
Death Duel
Double Dragon 3
Dragon's Fury
Earthworm Jim
Eswat: City Under Seige
Eternal Champions
F-22 Interceptor: Advanced Tactical Fighter
Golden Axe
Greendog
Haunting Staring Polterguy
Heavy Nova
Herzog Zwei
Immortal, The
Landstalker
LaRussa Baseball '95
Leathal Enforcers II - Gunfighters
Mega Turrican
Mortal Kombat 2
M.U.S.H.A.
NBA Jam
Paperboy 2
Phantasy Star IV
Rambo 3
Revenge of Shinobi, The
Shaq-fu
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin
StarflightStreet Fighter 2 CE
Sub-Terrania
Syndicate
Technocop
Terminator, The
Virtual Bart
Warrior of Rome

get this organized and i will take all the covers, zip them up and have it available to all of you guys...just need it a bit more organized like the other threads.

i appreciate all the work you guys are doing.

i whole heartidly belive that we should only use 1:1 cover scans @ 300dpi. custom covers are nice and all but we're trying to preserve these games and cartridges as much as possible, correct? if we're going to do this, we should do it right. here are my scans to add to the project. if i had more games, id scan more covers but i dont so i cant. enjoy these. if people are interested ill share my scanning/photoshop techniques in the hopes that others will follow in the way of quality, peace and justice for all!!

Edit: yea yea yea... i was too lazy to stamp out some dust and scratches. also, you may want to check out www.covergalaxy.com for newer(PSX and after) console scans.

Mortal Kombat
Sonic 1
Street Fighter II
WeaponLord
X-Men

http://72.230.41.121/covers/

a buddy of mine gave me a shi-ton of genesis gear today. scanned 7 new covers today and 20 more to come sooner or later.

# D&D Warriors of the Eternal Sun.jpg
# Jungle Strike.jpg
# NHL 95.jpg
# Risk.jpg
# Shadowrun.jpg
# Warsong.jpg
# World Series Baseball 95.jpg

http://72.230.41.121/covers/

lates

actually, ive gone through each cover and color corrected them as well as crop and get out most of the blemishes. i try to maintain quality with my digital media as much as possible.

[quote name='DMBListener']theyll fit in genesis cases just fine! :)[/QUOTE]

But if you have the Genesis cases then you don't need these scans, right? The point is to have a nice way to store loose carts that looks pretty much like the original covers. We have found the MedioShelving cases to be the best cases for this, which is why all these projets (N64, SNES, Genesis) resize the scans to fit those cases.

[quote name='DMBListener']actually, ive gone through each cover and color corrected them as well as crop and get out most of the blemishes. i try to maintain quality with my digital media as much as possible.

[/QUOTE]

LINKS ARE YOU FRIENDS (OR RESIZED PREVIEW PICTURES)

Hey, first time posting here.

I Happen to have both first and second generation Mega CD cases (Eur) and Think upgrading them to DVD case size would look kinda good.
Seeing as the Mega CD and the 32X were kinda low on games, I prepose that we algomate the three consoles?

And to prove my end of the bargen, I will supply the Mega CD covers for use and hopefuly supply a second gen Megadrive (Blue Strpe and bubbles) in due time, yes?

it would be quite hard to format mega cd covers into a dvd cover without it being that crappy.

Yeah, Kinda realised that, sorry.

But you wouldn't mind me submitting the Mega Drive Gen 2 cover anyway? (I just think it looks better than Gen 1's black look, can't say the same for Red Stripes though.)

Problem is, I haven't got it to hand, it's in the mail. >_>

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I recoded the cover page and moved us to a new webhost so things should be much faster now.

Live, damn you! Live!!!! C'mon, people!! If I can get some decent scans, I can do some. The fact that the genesis section is empty at Snackbar really bugs me, so c'mon!!!

Is a scan of Virtua Racer still needed? I have it and would gladly do so. Just don't want to waste the time if it's already been done...

I just got cases in the mail for Phantasy Star 3 and 4. The insert for 3 has one of those obnoxious metal stickers that leave "void" if you pull them off and it's right over the upc. I don't know if you guys can work your magic around that. Should I rip the sticker off and then scan it? The box for 4 is a little crushed, but it looks pretty good. I also have Gunstar Heroes. I'm going to scan all 3 tomorrow.

Awsome idea, I'll start working on some submissions right now. I think I still have some images on my hd from a few years ago when I made my own covers.

[quote name='daroga']Just for fun, the Genesis covers I did way back when are going onto snackbar.[/QUOTE]

As they should. This new site is going to be all about covers and should provide a much better environment for getting them scanned, created, and distributed to everyone who wants them.

[quote name='Snowcone']As they should. This new site is going to be all about covers and should provide a much better environment for getting them scanned, created, and distributed to everyone who wants them.[/QUOTE]
Just a thought, I've got a lot of the templates for the Geneiss covers on the front page too. Will there be more of a spot for aspiring cover makers to get tools like that on the site?

[quote name='Gentlegamer']No! Not the red look! I like the classic version . . .[/QUOTE]
Then go ahead and make your own :)

[quote name='daroga']Just a thought, I've got a lot of the templates for the Geneiss covers on the front page too. Will there be more of a spot for aspiring cover makers to get tools like that on the site?[/QUOTE]

Oh god yes. We are going to have an entire section for guides and tools. This project will be very community driven so I will do everything in my power to provide the proper tools for that to happen.

[quote name='daroga']Then go ahead and make your own :)[/quote]I'll probably try to make classic covers out of the finished ones. :)

In the meantime, I'll get my scanner set up and start scanning my Genny and SNES boxes for the two projects.

[quote name='Snowcone']Oh god yes. We are going to have an entire section for guides and tools. This project will be very community driven so I will do everything in my power to provide the proper tools for that to happen.[/QUOTE]
hehe, good deal. I'm out of time to work on things like this anymore, but more power to all of you on it. :) Snowcone, I believe all tmy completed covers are uploaded to the current server. Feel free to take any of the templates, etc. that I put up here to use in a tools section as I doubt I'll be paying enough attention to do it myself. Give me credit, don't give me credit. Whatever.

REMEMBER I AM LOOKING FOR ORIGINAL GENESIS SCANS, NOT MEGADRIVE. (at this time)

I am trying to put together a data base of all the covers of the US Genesis games in good quality (preferably 300 dpi - 1000 x 700 or greater)

So far I am working mostly on 1989 and 1990. I have scanned many from my own collection and also gotten others from other sources. I have visited several websites and there are a few that are very hard to find:

NEED LIST:
Zoom (back cover)
Rambo III (back cover)

Insector X (front and back)
Phelios (front and back)
Joe Montana Foot Ball (back)
TechnoCop (front and back)
Whip Rush (back)
Atomic Robo-Kid (front and back)
FIRE SHARK (front and back)

HAVE LIST:
Now here is a list of the scans I have with a legend telling you their quality:
*LEGEND*
A: around 1000 x 700 or 2000 x 1400 at 300 dpi
B: around 700 x 500 at 200 or 300 dpi
C: around 600 x 420 resized to 2000 x 1400 at 300 dpi
AF: accurate facimile based on thumbnail of cover only
D: rough facimile based on thumbnail of cover
X: fake high quality cover at decent resolution. (appears real but its just a good fake)
R: denotes a damaged cover touched up

LIST:
Alex Kidd - A
Altered Beast - A
Arnold Palmer - A
Forgotton Worlds - A
Ghouls' N Ghosts - A
Golden Axe - A
Last Battle - B
Mystic Defender- AR
Phantasy Star 2 - A
Rambo III (front cover) - AR
Rambo III (back cover) - missing
Revenge of Shinobi - B
Space Harrier 2 - AR
Super Hang-On - C
Super Thunderblade - A
Tommy Lasorday - A
Truxton - A
World Champion Soccer- B
Zoom - (front cover)- A
Zoom (back cover)- missing

After Burner 2 - A
Air Diver - A
Arrow Flash - B
Atomic Robo-Kid - D
Battle Squadron - C
Budokan - CR
Buring Force- X
Buster Douglas- B
Castle of Illusion- C
Columns- A
Crack down- X
Cyberball (front) - AR
Cyberball (back) - missing
Dick Tracy - B
DJ Boy - C
Dynamite Duke - B
Eswat - B
Final Zone- A
Fire Shark- D
Gaiares- A
Ghostbusters - C
Granada - AF
Hellfire- A
Herzon Zwei- A
Insector X- NF
Joe Montana Football- CR
Klax - A
Moonwalker - B
MUSHA- BR
Pat Riley Basketball- B
Phelios- X
Populous (front)- AR
Populous (back)- missing
Shadow Blasters- A
Shadow Dancer- C
Shove It- A
Super Hydlyde- C
Super Monaco GP- B
Sword of Sodan - C
Sword of Vermillion - A
Target Earth - A
Thunderforce III - A
Trampoline Terror- B
Whip Rush (front) - AF

I also have many scans from 1991 and 1992 if you need them or wish to trade so that I can get what I need.

I believe someone mentioned needing a cover to X-Men. I have that.

When I have my collection I am going to build a website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlegamer
No! Not the red look! I like the classic version . . .

Then go ahead and make your own :)
Well, they are changing the original covers into that gawd awful candy striped design Sega of America started when the brain dead monkeys took over the company and fired all of the humans.

I'd have no problem contributing to their work if one of them contacted me with something I needed from my list.

Seriously, I did contact them and offer an exchange of my scans for scans I need.

Has anyone got a hi-res scan of the Chaotix (32x) box-art? I am in desperate need of it for work purposes so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi.

I just remastered the cover for Phantasy Star 3. It differs a bit, but let me know what you think. Everything has been redrawn in adobe illustrator and photoshop. Just artwork is original 400dpi scan.

It took me two days to do it between work and other stuff.

BTW, here is my coustom Metal Gear Solid 4 cover for PS3.

I hope you'll like it.

If you guys are still doing this, I have Castlevania Bloodlines and maybe a dozen other games. Let me know, I can scan them all pretty easily.

bread's done
Back