The Ship - $7 at Circuit City

BrandonMills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't think this is a repeat post, but forgive me if it is. I looked around.

With the announcement of The Ship 2, I decided it might be time to give 'The Ship' a try. So I went on Froogle ( it's still Froogle in my book, darn it. ) and did a quick search. Lo and behold, The Ship was only $7 at CC when it retails everywhere else for $20.

I'll be picking up my copy today! :)

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/The-Ship-PC/sem/rpsm/oid/176964/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

EDIT - GAH, it's on clearance. Forgive me :)

Sigh, I bet this is in the CC Clearance deals.

EDIT EDIT - Ok, I can't tell if it's on clearance or not. ( Surprised to see this thread still here this morning. )

If you can still find it at your local store, you're lucky. Lots of them are showing out of stock online. It might be worth trying to pricematch with other stores, though. I'm going to give it a shot at Best Buy. *crosses fingers*

CC = no no

unless of course, you're blantantly ripping them off on their own deals. but good find I guess... I've never even heard of either game.

Hmm.... The first paragraph from Justadventures review sums it up well... I may have to give it a try:

There aren’t too many ideas that have emerged as an independent game from an unofficial mod. Even less are the games that actually offer something new. Well, The Ship is both and it is one hell of a game. Once a Half-Life mod, now an amazing original independent game, The Ship is probably the first multiplayer game with elimination and hunt your foe gameplay that will appeal to adventure gamers.

Damn, would have been nice to pick up... CC has a lotta good cheap PC games this week, with Starcraft at 10$ and Age of Myth at 5$.

Oh, wow, I played this over my friends house, and I found it pretty fun. The only things are though:
1) my PC is like waaay too bad to play any recent game
2) it is CC, and CC= boo

It's definitely a fun game though, and would be worth the $7 if it was anywhere else :)

EDIT: OP, I don't think this is a clearance because it doesn't end in .96, still a good deal anyway.

I played the multiplayer during the free play weekend on steam and it was pretty fun. A lot of people noticed a lot of similarities between Bioshock and The Ship. The only problem is that it requires you to use Steam so if you hate Steam then don't get it. Also there aren't a lot of people playing this game online anymore http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=ship2

those of us who are boycotting CC right now could price match with bestbuy. They'll honor the price plus 10% of the diff (YMMV)!!!

Yes, I don't think this is a clearance price either, since it ends in $xx.99. But perhaps it's just an unadvertised sale price.

Picked it up this afternoon, along with MOH:Airborne for $39.99...

Thanks OP!

[quote name='oni-link']those of us who are boycotting CC right now could price match with bestbuy. They'll honor the price plus 10% of the diff (YMMV)!!![/QUOTE]

They will match the price.... unless you buy it then find the lower price .... then they will beat the price by 10%... but you dont get the 10% ahead of time.

[quote name='drock']I plead ignorance - why the CC hate here?[/quote]

I think it may have something to do with how CC fired all their employees then asked them to re-apply for the same job at a much lower wage.

Or is there something else CC did to inspire hatred?

[quote name='cdrober']I think it may have something to do with how CC fired all their employees then asked them to re-apply for the same job at a much lower wage.

Or is there something else CC did to inspire hatred?[/QUOTE]

That didn't really do it to my understanding...

More of a subpoena and ads being posted etc.

Just to sum it up.

They issued some legal stuff to a senior member.

I'm not boycotting them, I'd have been a fool to pass up meet the robinsons on clearance and Lego for 13.99.

[quote name='Snake2715']That didn't really do it to my understanding...

More of a subpoena and ads being posted etc.[/QUOTE]
Ah... I now remember reading that but didn't it didn't click. Makes sense.

[quote name='SL4IN']CC = no no[/QUOTE]
No, posting Circuit City ads is perfectly permissible and helpful to us who aren't "boycotting". It's not a CAG-wide thing. I'll be picking this up at my local CC, thanks OP.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']No, posting Circuit City ads is perfectly permissible and helpful to us who aren't "boycotting". It's not a CAG-wide thing. I'll be picking this up at my local CC, thanks OP.[/quote]

Agreed. For those closely following the ordeal, the real boycott should be against Sony.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Or people could just realize that its Circuit Citys god damn right to protect their own circular.[/QUOTE]
Also true.

Good to see I'm not the only one annoyed with all the bitching whenever someone makes a post about a CC deal. It's really Sony's fault for setting the whole thing off. Not to mention, we have a thread for all the whining and complaining to go.

It's amazing we get seperate bitch threads about GameStop yet none of those complaints venture out into each GS-specific deal thread made.

Why don't you guys just get in on this deal, install the game, then take it out on each other online, eh? Scissors to the face seems suiting for some. :)

Damn, and I had just ordered HL2 and Age of Mythology from CC a few days ago. Would've picked this game up for that price, I never really got into it during the free weekend but it was an interesting idea. Oh well, maybe I'll have an excuse to get something else from there too...

For some reason I thought The Ship was included in the Orange Box and that's why I didn't buy it yet. Oh well, this is a good price.

[quote name='oni-link']enlighten me how Sony is to blame for CC greedy corporate ways!!![/QUOTE]

#1. A company protecting their sale prices from going out early are not greedy corporations because of it.

#2. It more or less came out that Sony put the pressure on CC to go after Speedy because in one particular case, Sony felt they were losing revenue because of the early postings. It seems a little obvious that Speedy has been doing this for well over a year and never got in trouble and the first time it is a big blow to Sony, legal action is taken. Fishy, eh?

Awesome find, OP, thanks for the tip! Price-matched it at Best Buy last night with no worries. I was really enjoying this over the free weekend, but I didn't feel like it was anything I'd pay more than 10 bucks for.

For those of you straddling the fence (who didn't participate in the free weekend), I'd really suggest giving it a shot. The game's got a great sense of style and is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Plus, we could always use more people to stab with a knitting needle!

bread's done
Back