The Shockmaster (And Other Things Of Wrestlecrap) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wholly disagree that Cabana isn't funny (he is, his podcast is quite excellent). I can't say how well he is or isn't doing for himself, since we no longer have a joint bank account together :)P). I do hope we don't make the fallacious mistake of thinking that "famous" = "rich." Dude's traveling, affording an apt. in Chicago, and eating. That doesn't mean he's earning six figures, but he's getting by doing what he likes. Power to him for that.

I'm with Cornette in that I do think kayfabe is something wrestling should strive to bring back (not that it's possible). It's not dangerous to watch knowing it's all horseshit and these guys work side-by-side making wishes day to day.

Maybe Cornette and Russo are opposite sides of the wrestling philosophy spectrum (ya think?) and the real ideal place is somewhere in the middle.

To me wrestling is like one big weird weekly play. I don't think it really matters if in real-life Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan are best buds and like to go bowling or whatever. So long as the show is fun, I'm good.

I'm along this line of thought as well. Cornette may be the most bitter man in wrestling and someone who hold grudges as long as he does with the intensity he does is just not appealing to watch or listen to.
That's bullshit. He only holds grudges as long as he isn't getting paid to forget them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wholly disagree that Cabana isn't funny (he is, his podcast is quite excellent). I can't say how well he is or isn't doing for himself, since we no longer have a joint bank account together :)P).
He's pretty much the most well known indie wrestler out there that hasn't been a WWE or TNA castoff. Not saying he makes 7 figures by any means, but to imply his act does not equal "money" is crazy. Dude is a draw, which is far more than 98% of other Indie wrestlers can say.

Also KFC commercial, I suppose.

I wonder if in some way wrestling suffers like basketball does. AAU eats away at hating rivals because you spend your whole childhood playing against each other. By not having any divide between heels and faces it has to make it harder to play the role you are cast in. Most wrestlers aren't great actors and they need any edge they can get.

He's pretty much the most well known indie wrestler out there that hasn't been a WWE or TNA castoff. Not saying he makes 7 figures by any means, but to imply his act does not equal "money" is crazy. Dude is a draw, which is far more than 98% of other Indie wrestlers can say.

Also KFC commercial, I suppose.
Scotty Goldman would disagree with this.

That's bullshit. He only holds grudges as long as he isn't getting paid to forget them.
No, he just barely manages to suppress them while the checks are coming in. Once they stop he starts going off again on his favored punching bags just like he always has. At best he's just putting them on hold until his ravings won't endanger his paycheck.

WWE is going to have an two hour preshow for Mania 30. Think about it. Two hour preshow for an four hour show that's card is still up in the air. Just what the hell are they going to do with two hours of preshow? They can barely fill 30 minutes of it before RAW.

No, he just barely manages to suppress them while the checks are coming in. Once they stop he starts going off again on his favored punching bags just like he always has. At best he's just putting them on hold until his ravings won't endanger his paycheck.
I stand corrected!

Also Jushin "Thunder" Liger is hitting up those Toronto + NYC NJPW shows.

WWE is going to have an two hour preshow for Mania 30. Think about it. Two hour preshow for an four hour show that's card is still up in the air. Just what the hell are they going to do with two hours of preshow? They can barely fill 30 minutes of it before RAW.
Wrestlemania Rewind videos?

It's going to be a stress test up until Wrestlemania begins.

Well, WWE wants to make WM the "Super Bowl," literally, in terms of a cultural event. It makes sense that they encroach on more and more of the day. WM is, to them, the time of year where you invite folks over, have lots of beer and snacks, party all day, and cheer John Cena on from 10:15-10:52PM.

I don't think they intend for people to active sit and watch 6 straight hours of programming, but for it to be passively (but constantly!) on while the guests are over.

Seems everyone is forgetting the Wrestlemania All Day thing they did in 2000 that was 8 hours long and recapped previous WMs with Ivory and Michael Cole.

Seems everyone is forgetting the Wrestlemania All Day thing they did in 2000 that was 8 hours long and recapped previous WMs with Ivory and Michael Cole.
Yeah but at least there was some awesome worth while content during that preshow. I doubt the WWE really can fill up two hours of this preshow unless if they plan on using some of that time to highlight past Mania's.

Sweet, Zack Ryder might get a Wrestlemania moment. :p
He'll have the honor of being thrown out first during the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale, of course!

Watching old PPV's on the Network makes me think of a problem with their attitude towards pre-shows. That content isn't there, but it's ultimately very important to the history of some PPV's, like Wrestlemania 29 and Royal Rumble 1996. I don't get why that stuff isn't there. I also don't get why there isn't a filter by year for PPV's at the company level instead of at the event level :S makes no sense.

He'll have the honor of being thrown out first during the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale, of course!

Watching old PPV's on the Network makes me think of a problem with their attitude towards pre-shows. That content isn't there, but it's ultimately very important to the history of some PPV's, like Wrestlemania 29 and Royal Rumble 1996. I don't get why that stuff isn't there. I also don't get why there isn't a filter by year for PPV's at the company level instead of at the event level :S makes no sense.
You can filter by year on PC. It will probably hit the consoles and Roku in the next update.

I watched that. I was over at a friend's while they were doing their fantasy baseball draft before WM. I sat in the other room all afternoon watching it while they argued over picks.

More wrestlers announced for the NJPW/ROH New York show - Young Bucks, Forever Hooligans, Karl Anderson. 

Plus it'll be Steen or Elgin vs. Okada

I know next to nothing about ROH but still pretty excited to see a lot of the NJPW guys live.

Good ol Austin.  Because he started going up by 2 every time he released a podcast (and even jumped numbers by 5 one week), he's now celebrating his 100th episode of his podcast even though its only his 74th episode.

Good ol Austin. Because he started going up by 2 every time he released a podcast (and even jumped numbers by 5 one week), he's now celebrating his 100th episode of his podcast even though its only his 74th episode.
Lol, well when is the last time YOU met a Texan who knew how to count?

He produces an uncensored and a family friendly version of his podcast each week.
I figured there had to be something else, but neither Podcastone or Itunes showed anything different. Are the family friendly ones just edited versions of the interviews? I'd be really interested to hear the Taz one because he uses curse words about once or twice a sentence. People talking about drugs & suicide seems like it wouldnt fall under the family friendly tag either.

I figured there had to be something else, but neither Podcastone or Itunes showed anything different. Are the family friendly ones just edited versions of the interviews? I'd be really interested to hear the Taz one because he uses curse words about once or twice a sentence. People talking about drugs & suicide seems like it wouldnt fall under the family friendly tag either.
No, it's with "fan-friendly" guests. Former guests include John Cena and Daniel Bryan. I think Colt Cabana's visit to the BSR was also on the family-friendly ones. In the case they do curse, they bleep it out. But it's a whole 'nother thing.

so they advertise un edited for the network. wrong I just watched armagedon 99 and I do believe ms kitty did shows her cans and they was blurred out on this video

Valid point.

I'd rather have this blurred out/erased from history:

2rC6h0h.jpg

so they advertise un edited for the network. wrong I just watched armagedon 99 and I do believe ms kitty did shows her cans and they was blurred out on this video
I already mentioned this as being the first thing I checked to see how "unedited" it was. Still need to check the Vader/Kane PPV match to see if Vader referring to himself as a "piece of shit" is not bleeped.

It seems that now that the free trials are coming to an end, the legit content is being added and the fluff is being taken down.

Some previously edited stuff is now there.

Great American Bash 2000. A lot of home video releases that had editing are now being replaced with their original airing from what I can tell.

Signed up for the WWE Network last week, I'm surprised how much is on there.

Those "Legends of Wrestling" round tables are good, hope they do more of them.

My wife signed up to WWE Network. She does freelance writing from time to time and this was the cheapest way to get the PPVs. I haven't been into wrestling since the Attitude era but decided to jump into the app last night. Started watching early RAW episodes with Razor Ramon, Crush, Mr. Perfect, Doink, etc. Damn did that bring on the flood gate of nostalgia.

Hard to believe it was only an hour long back then. What is it now? 3+ hours long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back