The Sims 3 - Oct. 25 - Out Now.

The Dord

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-3-consoles-powers-onto-store-shelves

..More choices, more control, more powers and more fun than ever before in a console game for The Sims franchise! The Sims 3 combines the freedom of open world life simulation where players can create Sims – the unique characters found in The Sims games - with distinct personalities and fulfill their desires…or not. On the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms, players can now control their Sims lives with the guided gameplay of an all-new achievement system and then share those achievements with the world through their Facebook and Twitter accounts. As they complete challenges and collect dozens of achievements they will earn Karma points – all the while deciding the destinies of their Sims. Karma points can be used to unlock and unleash all-new Karma Powers to the grand benefit or wicked detriment of their Sims making it easier than ever to play with life. Players can help their Sim “get lucky,” where everything will go their way for a specific amount of time or hit the ‘giant jackpot’ to rain money down on their Sims. If players want to take the darker road, they can be deviant and curse their Sims with an “epic fail” and cause a total shut down of all their Sims motives. But players should use these powers wisely—they may have unexpected results and karma may come back to bite. The game will also be connected to the worldwide community through a seamlessly integrated creation exchange on each of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360** systems. Players can design, build, and share creations, or download content from other players around the world – and for the first time ever on the HD platforms – without ever leaving the game...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ7ml5-jl8k

Any reviews for this out yet?

I saw only one and it complained that it was "Pretty much the same game from the PC!", which I don't see as a big issue.

I'm looking forward to getting this game at some point from Goozex. The only Sims games I've played are the GBA ones, so I'm far behind the times...

[quote name='seanr1221']Is there any type of co-op play?[/QUOTE]

i think online

Per the box in front of me for it.

Player 1.

No co-op online or otherwise.

No co-op, but there is a Sims Exchange where you can share objects that you have customized. Runs better than the PC version ( PC version seems to crash on people) , but there is some load times (Mostly negated by installing to the HD) that won't bother a typical Sims 3 player.

Other than that, it plays nearly exactly like the PC version (but with a controller scheme) Good alternative if you have a crappy pc and want to play the sims 3. This is the first sims game where it acts like a SIMS game (Can customize sims, build your house, go to the grocery store, etc).

Metacritic link http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-sims-3

Average score (so far withouth grainock and mrtin's absurd reviews) 84

Does anyone know if you can free roam in this game like in the sims 2? Also is there really no co-op? The sims 2 had co-op so why wouldn't this one?

[quote name='Captain Bumout']Does anyone know if you can free roam in this game like in the sims 2? Also is there really no co-op? The sims 2 had co-op so why wouldn't this one?[/QUOTE]

your sims can go to different places in town, and the PC version of sims 3 didn't have co-op, so this one doesn't either. It's closer to a direct port rather than a linear game.

[quote name='The Dord']your sims can go to different places in town, and the PC version of sims 3 didn't have co-op, so this one doesn't either. It's closer to a direct port rather than a linear game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean free roam my bad I said that wrong but like in sims 2 where you could actually be your sim instead of just telling him where to go.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']No this one plays just like the PC version. It isn't a console adaption with different gameplay (those are the Wii and DS versions)[/QUOTE]
Yep, and this will be an awesome game once it gets a little bit cheaper. Bite the bullet if you need a sims fix :D

EA needs to get their Sims 3 server online; bunch of us people who preordered from Gamestop can't download their preordered bonuses.

Edit: They put the DLC up Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone figured out if you can have more than one family/household? I want to be able to play multiple families and have them able to interact with each other. I maybe missing something but haven't found it in the menu to do it.

[quote name='The Dord']EA needs to get their Sims 3 server online; bunch of us people who preordered from Gamestop can't download their preordered bonuses.[/QUOTE]

No one can. I got mine from Amazon and it's messed up too.

As for the game, I'm really liking it so far. It's disappointing that you can only have 1 played family per save. That takes away from a big part of playing which is to continue a family over generations. I like the challenges and Karma powers though.

Grr...I'm giving it a couple weeks to get a patch to allow us more then one playable family per save. Then I'm going to try to find someone that wants to trade me New Vegas for it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Grr...I'm giving it a couple weeks to get a patch to allow us more then one playable family per save. Then I'm going to try to find someone that wants to trade me New Vegas for it.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect from the 360? This is a memory intensive game! :lol:

Typical pcs have 2+ gigs of ram, so they had to cut some features (3d overworld, more than one family per save)

A friend of mine was recommending the PC version to me. I was looking for reviews of Sims 3 on consoles, but I guess I'll look at the PC reviews then.

I might get this someday since I haven't played the Sims since the first one on the original Xbox and Urban one on Gamecube.

I so just want to rip off the CPU Sims like steal everything from them and do other bad things to them. It would be cool if the Sims played like a sandbox game.

[quote name='The Dord']What do you expect from the 360? This is a memory intensive game! :lol:

Typical pcs have 2+ gigs of ram, so they had to cut some features (3d overworld, more than one family per save)[/QUOTE]

Well since not a single review I read indicates it was a feature they cut. I was expecting it to be like the PC versions. Most everything I saw said it was just like the PC except with 360 controls and you had the town pre-made to a degree. Not a big deal. Also there was discussions for days going on at gamefaqs and other places trying to figure this out, it didn't seem like they would cut such a major feature.

EA has said in response to multiple phones calls and emails(I was one) that it will be considered for a patch. So I'll give it a shot and see if it pops up, if not it goes on goozex and I'll play Sims 2 on my PC.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Well since not a single review I read indicates it was a feature they cut. I was expecting it to be like the PC versions. Most everything I saw said it was just like the PC except with 360 controls and you had the town pre-made to a degree. Not a big deal. Also there was discussions for days going on at gamefaqs and other places trying to figure this out, it didn't seem like they would cut such a major feature.

EA has said in response to multiple phones calls and emails(I was one) that it will be considered for a patch. So I'll give it a shot and see if it pops up, if not it goes on goozex and I'll play Sims 2 on my PC.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's very good to know (EA Response). Trust me, if I had a decent (read: pc with 4gb ram with a 1gb dedicated video card) computer, I'd be playing on it. This is the next best thing.

[quote name='The Dord']Trust me, if I had a decent (read: pc with 4gb ram with a 1gb dedicated video card) computer, I'd be playing on it. This is the next best thing.[/QUOTE]

My computer can't handle it either. Why I was so excited about it coming on console with supposedly the full Sims 3 experience. Dumping $60 on it and finding it was only part of it just was really disappointing.

I was looking into getting a copy of this game, but it looks like you can't even install the game to a PC unless you have a registration code that hasn't been used up.

Anyone know if the same is true of the 360 version? Can the registration code be used multiple times?

bread's done
Back