The Sims Expansions - Hot Date, Superstar, or Vacation $5.99 at EB [EDIT]

Oh geez, that one hurts.. I bought all of these for $30 on each's launch day.

//edit: great find, OP.. my wallet just shed a tear or two, though.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh geez, that one hurts.. I bought all of these for $30 on each's launch day.

//edit: great find, OP.. my wallet just shed a tear or two, though.[/quote]

Luckily for me I just got into it. I got The Sims Delux a couple of weeks ago from Circuit City for 10, got these now for about 10 (had a $15 rebate to spend from FF:CC), and in a few weeks I can get the last 2 I am missing for $20. So in total it should cost me bout $50 for everything after shipping and taxes.

These are great for me because my PC can't run The Sims 2. Any Sims playing for me will be on the original for the time being.

I'm not making the mistake of buying these expansion packs separately. I just know EA will release a compilation pack @ some point in the future with all of the expansion packs bundled together.

[quote name='anonymouswhoami']I'm not making the mistake of buying these expansion packs separately. I just know EA will release a compilation pack @ some point in the future with all of the expansion packs bundled together.[/quote]

They are already putting them together in 3 sets of 2 priced at $19.99 each (for now). Hence the price drops on the individual titles at EB, TRU, ect.

Good riddance, Makin' Magic is probably the worst. I'm quite fond of Superstar.. Another expansion that's OOS is Unleashed, that wasn't even in the OP.. so don't forget that when completing collections!

Not to thread crap, but if you have even a SLIGHTLY OKAY pc, get the Sims 2, and not this evil incarnation they call Sims 1.

Apparantly, while searching for good ways to improve their AI, they stumbled opun Extreme Paintbrawl... Actually the AI was better.

When I played Sims 1, I have such GREAT experiences as:

1. You must have almost perfect/perfect cooking skills or you'll burn the house down.
2. Sims, unless they have PERFECT cleanliness, will put their plates ON THE FLOOR after they are done.
3. If you have a big house, and invite a dumbass neighbor over, and everyone is asleep, you must monitor the conversation ALL THE TIME, or the moron will go in the house and play with one of your electrical objects, IN A BEDROOM, waking everyone up.
4. While your trying to cook, and you moronic sims are not COMPLETELY full, they continusly go to the fridge, even if you cancel... EVEN WHILE YOU ARE COOKING... In order to stop this, you gotta either turn off free will or put them at the other ends of the house while cooking, or some moron will pull something out of the fridge and your out $3/$10.

The Sims 2 is a WAY better game, and I wouldn't suggest the Sims 1 AT ALL unless you want to live in a land where all people who post at Gamefaqs go to when they die..........

BTW, to clarify:

You may see my Sims 1 pic of the dying kids...

Well, I got SOOOO sick of the stupidity, and the fact that if your levels weren't PERFECT, they'll whine... I had a huge built neighborhood, but I ended up creating one 'home' for the sole purpose of creating a 'graveyard'... to exact my revenge on these morons...

By comparison, I'[ve played Sims 2 for about a month, and never have, nor probably ever WILL, attempt to kill a sim in that game (well, I may to see what happens, but not to get revenge).

The Sims 2 is literally one of the best games of all time. LITERALLY. Here are the things you know; you grow old and die (Adults grow old after 27 days, it's a good idea to turn off aging because thats not long enough... but not too long, if you have too many memories the game will screw up). Also, you now have children who look like you (Although you gotta watch it, sometimes you end up with the 'Conan' effect, parts of the mother and father strewn together, sometimes your kids can look like freakshows...).

But there is sooo much more. You can now create tons more stuff in the editor. You can create 'half walls' and 'half staircases' (In other words, you can now create patios and porches). You can create 10 story (Or higher :shock: ) homes/buildings. You can lower the floor underneath your... floor, to the normal wall length and create a basement! You can even go to public places and do what I just said on those very places, and create shops to buy things!

I could go on, but I won't... I shouldn't go on in a sims 1 post anyway...

I may buy one of these myself... But if you are planning to get one, I suggest you get the Sims 2 as well...

I'm not too impressed with the Sims 2 (my wife on the other hand loves it). There's a tad too much focus on the actual Sims themselves. I know one can make the arguement that the entire game should be centered around the Sims themselves but I actually had alot more fun using the creation tools for the original Sims.

I D 10 T, I have to say, these past few posts have been quite good. The first few were a bit odd, but thanks for your contribution. Now I'm actually thinking about getting Sims 2 for some reason.

[quote name='I D 10 T']BTW, to clarify:

You may see my Sims 1 pic of the dying kids...

Well, I got SOOOO sick of the stupidity, and the fact that if your levels weren't PERFECT, they'll whine... I had a huge built neighborhood, but I ended up creating one 'home' for the sole purpose of creating a 'graveyard'... to exact my revenge on these morons...

By comparison, I'[ve played Sims 2 for about a month, and never have, nor probably ever WILL, attempt to kill a sim in that game (well, I may to see what happens, but not to get revenge).

The Sims 2 is literally one of the best games of all time. LITERALLY. Here are the things you know; you grow old and die (Adults grow old after 27 days, it's a good idea to turn off aging because thats not long enough... but not too long, if you have too many memories the game will screw up). Also, you now have children who look like you (Although you gotta watch it, sometimes you end up with the 'Conan' effect, parts of the mother and father strewn together, sometimes your kids can look like freakshows...).

But there is sooo much more. You can now create tons more stuff in the editor. You can create 'half walls' and 'half staircases' (In other words, you can now create patios and porches). You can create 10 story (Or higher :shock: ) homes/buildings. You can lower the floor underneath your... floor, to the normal wall length and create a basement! You can even go to public places and do what I just said on those very places, and create shops to buy things!

I could go on, but I won't... I shouldn't go on in a sims 1 post anyway...

I may buy one of these myself... But if you are planning to get one, I suggest you get the Sims 2 as well...[/quote]

I have picked up the Sims 2 and have been enjoying it myself. My house, being smaller to start with, only has about 5 floors in it, but it is a really nice for the price I have put into it.

I find myself having a lot of fun just adding onto the house. I play the game to get more money so I can play with the architecture. I moved the pool I have inside and made the second story have balconies looking into the pool. But anyways I digress...

I have not played the Sims 1 a lot but I wanted to finish my collection :D

For any new players I also suggest Sims 2 over Sims 1. But for anyone that does not have all the expansions pick up what you can (even though it looks like Hot Date is all that is left now).

Just an FYI, talked to my source @ EB, all the Sims Expansion are on a sale during March @ $5.99 for each add-on and after that timeframe, they go back up to the new regular $9.99 pricepoint. [Now to go cash in the last two I don't have...]

bread's done
Back