The Spicy Baconator: A Burger Worth Dying For

Mmm looks good, but I'm a pussy to jalapenos :cry:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You gotta be shitting me. They're the only place of the big 3 to get edible food at all.[/QUOTE]

Burger King calls you an asshole :nottalking:

[quote name='QiG']I was sold on it, here is a pic of what I actually received:

It's not bad at all.. not too much heat at all (and I'm something of a wuss for spicy food). The bacon is about 6 2-inch strips, not overwhelming at all. My only complaint is that everything is tossed into the middle of the burger rather than spread out and could used more of the sauce. I won't get it again for fear of my heart stopping, but I'll give it a thumbs up.[/QUOTE]

I almost have the same reaction. I ordered one tonight, and it looked identical to your picture.

Not much heat (I wasn't expecting it, though, as it is mass-market fast food), the typical oversalted Wendy's beef patty, and limp-ass bacon. Was it tasty? Kinda. Was it greasy? You bet. Was it way too much for me to want to order again? Yes and no. I think I'll give myself a 6 month hiatus between spicy baconators, just for good measure.

BTW, VG, you live in Minneapolis, don'tcha? I recommend you get to The Bulldog (there are a few, I believe - though the one I ate at recently was in Nord'east) and order "The Ninja." A giant, fresh, scrumptious kobe beef burger with pepper jack cheese and *fresh* sliced jalepeno rings, seeds and spine and all. Now *that* is a spicy burger. Stack that noise with a side of tater tots w/ sriracha ketchup and a Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and you got yourself a fuckin' MEAL.

[quote name='mykevermin']
BTW, VG, you live in Minneapolis, don'tcha? I recommend you get to The Bulldog (there are a few, I believe - though the one I ate at recently was in Nord'east) and order "The Ninja." A giant, fresh, scrumptious kobe beef burger with pepper jack cheese and *fresh* sliced jalepeno rings, seeds and spine and all. Now *that* is a spicy burger. Stack that noise with a side of tater tots w/ sriracha ketchup and a Bell's Two Hearted Ale, and you got yourself a fuckin' MEAL.[/quote]I live in St. Paul, but I'll have to check the place out. And instead of the ale, can I get Mr. Pibb?

Turns out it's about 18 miles away from where I live. Perhaps if I grow some balls and finally attend my first concert, which is in Minneapolis, I'll have to go there afterwards.

[quote name='magiic']I'm trying to decide if I try this or the McRib tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Why decide? Have a two-fer! The Spicy BaconMcRibOnator! What's better than bacon on a burger? Pork-like meat fashioned into a patty that looks like pork ribs on a burger! (With bacon, of course).

Whoever said one patty too many is with me. I'll eat fast food burgers, but only if they are thin and unjuicy.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I live in St. Paul, but I'll have to check the place out. And instead of the ale, can I get Mr. Pibb?[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you try it. If there's one thing you should ever actually listen to me on, this would be the one.

Also, be prepared to take off about half the jalapenos, unless you're bad ass enough to stomach that many fresh jalapenos. Yow. I wasn't.

I went to Wendy's today to order one and they told me they ran out of bacon (but they could make it minus the bacon)..... honestly, how is that possible?

I might try it eventually.

If I feel like shortening my lifespan, I usually go with the BK Quad-Stack, or the Hardee's 2/3 Monster Thickburger.

[quote name='KingDox']Can we get the nutrition facts on this burger?

I haven't had a good scare for a while.[/QUOTE]

Ok a Spicy Baconator served stock is:

880 Calories
500 Cal from Fat
55.0 Total Fat(G)
24.0 Satirated (G)
2.5 Trans Fatty Acids
200 Cholestorol (MG)
1850 Sodium (MG)
650 Potasium(G)
37 Carbs(G)
2 Dietary Fiber(G)
7 Sugars(G)
58 Protein(G)
15% Vitaimin A
15% Vitamin C
35% Calcium
40% Iron

OMG.. what a perfect meal: the burger has over a days worth of Sat. Fat in it, the cola chips in extra calories, and the fries round out the meal with extra carbs.

I would like to know if eating a spicy baconator combo takes a few days off of your life (no joke).

[quote name='QiG']I would like to know if eating a spicy baconator combo takes a few days off of your life (no joke).[/quote]

It probably does. Much like everything else in life it takes time off your life. For instance that post you wrote took 30 seconds off your life.

[quote name='Magehart']It probably does. Much like everything else in life it takes time off your life. For instance that post you wrote took 30 seconds off your life.[/quote]

What a witacular post :applause:.

[quote name='javeryh']I hate all things containing bacon, tasting like bacon or looking like bacon. No bacon!!!!![/quote]
I'd have to disagree with that, except for bacon favored rolling papers...bleh!

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I'd have to disagree with that, except for bacon favored rolling papers...bleh![/quote]

Bacon flavored rolling papers you say? Hmm, smoking just got a little more interesting.

It's not a burger, it's a lump of chemicals stuck together.

I made real burgers a few days ago, tasted great, and not like cardboard.

figured id post this local news paper article since it has relevance to the topic. Took place in my hometown...

APPLETON — Police early Wednesday investigated the theft of two Spicy Baconator sandwiches as a drive-though employee and customer attempted to make their exchange.

Officers were called to Wendy’s, 3300 S. Oneida St., at about 1 a.m. According to police reports, a man grabbed the customer’s bag of food as the employee attempted to hand it from the drive-through window. The unknown man ran eastbound.

Police followed footprints in the snow, which ended in the 300 block of E. James Street, suggesting that the thief got into a vehicle.

The Wendy’s employee received a small scratch on his forearm during the incident, though he told police it wasn’t painful.

Good lord, food snobs are the most annoying fucking pricks on the internet. We get it, you eat nothing but all natural foods, grown straight out of your backyard, and you think anyone who doesn't eat the same is a fucking idiot. Now go back to shitting solid bricks.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Now go back to shitting solid bricks.[/QUOTE]

Which they can then sell back to Wendy's, who will make Spicy Baconators out of 'em.

[quote name='Strell']Which they can then sell back to Wendy's, who will make Spicy Baconators out of 'em.[/quote]
angrybombcs5.jpg

[quote name='Magehart']It probably does. Much like everything else in life it takes time off your life. For instance that post you wrote took 30 seconds off your life.[/quote]

The thing is, it's going to take a lot longer than 30 seconds to burn off all those calories and negate the effects of all that fat. Thinking about it just about makes me nauseous.

[quote name='chasemurata']And, damn, I have to create a new emoticon. I guess this one is out-of-date.
34eda8p.png
[/QUOTE]

:drool:
:bow:

[quote name='lilboo']:drool:
:bow:[/quote]

Hehehe... ;)

I couldn't find an updated picture of the glorious Spicy Baconator, so I went for size instead of spiciness.
33nkjls.gif

s10vph.gif

WHAMO :hot:

I greatly prefer the 1/2 Pound Double Stack. Not that I didn't enjoy this, but I have a really hard time stomaching nothing but greasy meat and melted cheese. It was a little too bland for me. Maybe if I added lettuce and tomato...

I have to admit, VG, your response made me laugh.

I am still amazed to find two people in this world who do not like bacon. I consider it a universal flavor right up there with chocolate.

[quote name='Strell']Which they can then sell back to Wendy's, who will make Spicy Baconators out of 'em.[/quote]

:applause:

We have a winner.

And some of us, I guess the more intelligent people here, like to know what is in the food we eat. More so as there is most likely not a single piece of meat in "The Baconator".

[quote name='bigdaddy']
And some of us, I guess the more intelligent people here, like to know what is in the food we eat. More so as there is most likely not a single piece of meat in "The Baconator".[/quote]And some of us, I guess the more pompous, asshole people here, like to sound like complete douchebags. I don't want to name names or anything though....

BIGDADDY

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']And some of us, I guess the more pompous, asshole people here, like to sound like complete douchebags. I don't want to name names or anything though....

BIGDADDY
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I have nothing to do tonight besides watch the Simpson's Season's with audio commentary so it looks like I'm going to finally try this beast of a burger tonight.

I have to say, I really like the looks of the burger, but in person fast food burgers always disappoint me.

I'm going to try to grill a homemade baconator this summer though.

When I hit up Wendy's or McDonald's, I usually enjoy the chicken nuggets since they never disappoint.

BTW McDonald's has some pretty awesome buffalo sauce for their nuggets.

[quote name='bigdaddy']:applause:

We have a winner.

And some of us, I guess the more intelligent people here, like to know what is in the food we eat. More so as there is most likely not a single piece of meat in "The Baconator".[/quote]

:roll:

Not a single piece of meat? Are you one of those people who think they use paper or something as a meat substitute? Obviously, the meat isn't high quality.. it wouldn't be economically profitable to do so.. but it's still meat.

[quote name='willardhaven']I have to say, I really like the looks of the burger, but in person fast food burgers always disappoint me.

When I hit up Wendy's or McDonald's, I usually enjoy the chicken nuggets since they never disappoint.

BTW McDonald's has some pretty awesome buffalo sauce for their nuggets.[/quote]

Agreed. That sauce is surprisingly good. Anyone remember the Chipotle Southwestern sauce from Wendy's? I'm not sure whether or not they still have it.. but it was super dank. Arguably even better than McDonalds Buffalo sauce (more spice, less pure hotness)

[quote name='willardhaven']
[/QUOTE]

I love doing things like that. You never would get the same exact taste, but you do. Plus you can control some of the extra fat content that goes into it. I'm not one of the food snobs like we've seen in this thread so far, but it's usually a smarter idea to do that.

I love the BK Stacker. Love it. The quad stacker, though a good time, is just a bit too much. The triple, however, tickles MY fancy. \\:D/ So last year, we made our own versions. They came out good! More filling (in an insane way) and clearly wasn't AS greasy!

We also did ANOTHER stacker, we did our take of the double stacker..but we went really stupid. Did a 'healthier' version. Basically it was 2 turkey burgers, and bacon (The center cut kind, really low in fat but just as tasty) and low fat thousand island dressing. They didn't have a thing on the normal stacker, but they were still pretty good :applause:

A baconator is something we must try and make. I haven't had one in a while..is there sauce on this? (Not so much the spicy one, just the normal one)

Hm, so if I just eat half a baconator, it won't completely destroy my daily calorie and fat intake and I can sort of enjoy it's spicy, greasy goodness. At least until the "aftermath".

I do like the idea of making my own, though. I can subsititute meat with soy/veggie or ground poultry, there's turkey bacon, cut out the extra patty, and use half the cheese. The 'penos can stay, and maybe use Miracle Whip instead of mayo in the "sauce"?

Not the same, but at least I can live another couple of years...

[quote name='gunm']Hm, so if I just eat half a baconator, it won't completely destroy my daily calorie and fat intake and I can sort of enjoy it's spicy, greasy goodness. At least until the "aftermath".

I do like the idea of making my own, though. I can subsititute meat with soy/veggie or ground poultry, there's turkey bacon, cut out the extra patty, and use half the cheese.

Not the same, but at least I can live another couple of years...[/QUOTE]

True and making your own versions can always be a good time.
However, eating ONE of these will not like.. ruin your life. You're not going to have a heart attack or be prone to dying any faster because you've eaten one of these. You won't even gain weight.

When you eat one of these...5x a week.. well.. That's something completely different :lol:

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I finished it awhile ago just forgot to post about how awesomly amazingly good it was.[/QUOTE]

Once this thread hit 5 pages I decided to give it a shot. Not something I'll eat every day...or week...or month, even. But yeah, I was impressed.

[quote name='gunm']

I do like the idea of making my own, though. I can subsititute meat with soy/veggie or ground poultry, there's turkey bacon, cut out the extra patty, and use half the cheese. The 'penos can stay, and maybe use Miracle Whip instead of mayo in the "sauce"?

Not the same, but at least I can live another couple of years...[/QUOTE]

blech! :lol:

This inspired to make my own though. I would definitely take out the extra patty and not use so much bacon. and substitute the american cheese with cheddar. holy fuck I want one right now!

bread's done
Back