The "Stay Classy, Obama" Thread

i don't like that Obama doesn't salute, that to me is offensive and disrespectful 

Last edited by a moderator:
US gives illegal immigrants $29 million in RX meds.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/11/u-s-gives-illegal-aliens-29-mil-in-rx-meds/

Now was it dohdough who kept trying to tell me that medicare does not cover illegals?
So out of over 12,000,000+ people, less than 4,200 received prescription drugs at a reduced rate or no fee. That's less than .00035% of them and .0000526% of the total projected Medicare budget for 2012. Since the study was for 3 years, the amount of the error is LESS than .0000526%. If you actually read the report instead of parroting some non-thinking conservative bullshit, you'd realize that there was $50,000,000 spent on dead people. Last time I checked, Medicare wasn't supposed to cover dead people either, but hey, fucking illegals, amirite? :roll:

So out of over 12,000,000+ people, less than 4,200 received prescription drugs at a reduced rate or no fee. That's less than .00035% of them and .0000526% of the total projected Medicare budget for 2012. Since the study was for 3 years, the amount of the error is LESS than .0000526%. If you actually read the report instead of parroting some non-thinking conservative bullshit, you'd realize that there was $50,000,000 spent on dead people. Last time I checked, Medicare wasn't supposed to cover dead people either, but hey, fucking illegals, amirite? :roll:
Thanks for pointing out how inefficient, corrupt, and broken Medicare is. :wave: Let's give the gov't more power and control......

Good thing you acknowledge the fact that you were wrong. I am glad we had this conversation.

Good thing you acknowledge the fact that you were wrong. I am glad we had this conversation.
It covers the unlawfully present like it covers the dead; it's not supposed to, but inadvertently does on occasion. But hey, I actually like to be critical about the issues rather than being dogmatic. You act like all parts of Medicare offer virtually universal coverage based on citizenship status or lack thereof. And that doesn't mean that every single person that isn't a citizen or resident alien has access to it.

People aren't supposed to huff spray paint to get high, but they still do despite spray paint not being intended for that purpose.

It covers the unlawfully present like it covers the dead; it's not supposed to, but inadvertently does on occasion. But hey, I actually like to be critical about the issues rather than being dogmatic. You act like all parts of Medicare offer virtually universal coverage based on citizenship status or lack thereof. And that doesn't mean that every single person that isn't a citizen or resident alien has access to it.

People aren't supposed to huff spray paint to get high, but they still do despite spray paint not being intended for that purpose.
Dogmatic you say? Was that after I told you the system was broken and covers illegal immigrants therefore in need of reform or before you blindly defended it and kept telling me I was wrong? Sorry but critical you are not.

Dogmatic you say? Was that after I told you the system was broken and covers illegal immigrants therefore in need of reform or before you blindly defended it and kept telling me I was wrong? Sorry but critical you are not.
So if it covered just 1 unlawfully present person inadvertently, does that mean that Medicare covers ALL of the unlawfully present? Of course fucking not because that would be dumb as fuck. There are over 12 million unlawfully present people currently living in the country right this second and I guarantee you that none of them have lawful access to any part of Medicare. It's a grey area where some people slip through the cracks, nothing more. I'm not blindly defending or rallying against anything here; YOU are. Why the fuck aren't you bitching about the $50,000,000 disbursed to dead people?

Again, I ask you: Does Medicare officially or unofficially cover treatment for dead people?

glorified lawyers run this country on both sides.  if there is a loophole, they will find it.

So if it covered just 1 unlawfully present person inadvertently, does that mean that Medicare covers ALL of the unlawfully present? Of course fucking not because that would be dumb as fuck. There are over 12 million unlawfully present people currently living in the country right this second and I guarantee you that none of them have lawful access to any part of Medicare. It's a grey area where some people slip through the cracks, nothing more. I'm not blindly defending or rallying against anything here; YOU are. Why the fuck aren't you bitching about the $50,000,000 disbursed to dead people?

Again, I ask you: Does Medicare officially or unofficially cover treatment for dead people?
First of all, it was not just one person who benefited from this, it was far more than that. Lawful of not, they still slip through the cracks as you said therefore this is why I kept insisting that reform is needed. How is that blind? I do not know. Why I do not bitch about dead people? Well probably because this is the first time I hear of it, question is why you have not bitched about this last time we had this conversation is more curious.

I think the better question is how soon can we close down medicare and replace it with something that works.

First of all, it was not just one person who benefited from this, it was far more than that. Lawful of not, they still slip through the cracks as you said therefore this is why I kept insisting that reform is needed. How is that blind? I do not know. Why I do not bitch about dead people? Well probably because this is the first time I hear of it, question is why you have not bitched about this last time we had this conversation is more curious.

I think the better question is how soon can we close down medicare and replace it with something that works.
OH!! This is the first time you've heard of it, you say???? You only cited a goddamn blog post about the report that addresses the very issue that you're bitching about.

Lemme guess: You didn't read the report OR double check your source. Color me motherfucking surprised.

Gimme them digits, bro.

If you're not pissing, shitting, or sweating, you should probably talk to a doctor instead of me.

Medicare fraud from Republican governors is a problem that definitely needs looking into.
Most of the conservative posters in VS: "yeah, right on err wait..."

Still other VS conservatives: "I'm a libertarian so that means nothing to me. Don't associate me with republicans"

slidecage: "paste"

OH!! This is the first time you've heard of it, you say???? You only cited a goddamn blog post about the report that addresses the very issue that you're bitching about.

Lemme guess: You didn't read the report OR double check your source. Color me motherfucking surprised.
Oh I did not read the report. I read the post, I glanced over the summary and it was good enough for me. Frankly I am far more concerned about the illegals than dead people even though it is still a big problem. Funny that you try to avoid the fact that the system is broken and your solution.. more government oversight over the very program they are unable to properly utilize. Sorry doh but you need to face it, medicare sucks.

"The first African-American president ought to be a little more conscious of the fact of what has happened with the abuses of domestic spying. Martin Luther King was spied upon, civil rights leaders were spied upon, Muhammad Ali was spied upon, antiwar protesters were spied upon."

- Rand Paul

"The first African-American president ought to be a little more conscious of the fact of what has happened with the abuses of domestic spying. Martin Luther King was spied upon, civil rights leaders were spied upon, Muhammad Ali was spied upon, antiwar protesters were spied upon."

- Rand Paul
Sounds good to me.

New approval rating poll has Obama down to 40%. Of course it is a NBC NEWS poll so the real number is more like 25%.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/28/elizabeth-warren-defends-_n_5733164.html

Part of me hopes the democrats pick her, so progressives can unite around another warhawk while pretending to be doves, like with Obama. Though Warren is far more hawkish than Obama was rhetorically at this point in their prospective careers - which is kind of frightening.
The only thing progressive about her is her economics...and that's only because she didn't let her ideology(she was a republican) get in the way of hard data. Otherwise, she's probably a cookie cutter conservative in regards to foreign policy. She's always been a hawk. All you need to do is look at her stances during her senatorial campaign. Obama was hawkish because he was running for office and not necessarily his personal views as far as I can tell. He's quite the pragmatist when it comes to governing.

I honestly don't think I even voted for her. I remember voting for the most progressive candidate in the primary though. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of hers and could see this coming a mile away.

The only thing progressive about her is her economics...and that's only because she didn't let her ideology(she was a republican) get in the way of hard data. Otherwise, she's probably a cookie cutter conservative in regards to foreign policy. She's always been a hawk. All you need to do is look at her stances during her senatorial campaign. Obama was hawkish because he was running for office and not necessarily his personal views as far as I can tell. He's quite the pragmatist when it comes to governing.

I honestly don't think I even voted for her. I remember voting for the most progressive candidate in the primary though. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of hers and could see this coming a mile away.
I agree with you, I am not a fan either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPr6q_8Mz_k

Take credit for ending the war in Iraq- check, Say it wasn't your decision when things go bad- check. Zero accountability in place- check.

Love how much stalling is going on with the IRS Scandal. That bitch Lois Lerner is gonna get her day soon. She thinks stupidly that all her emails are deleted but they are saved on a separate server and she is going to get owned.

Pick her for what? I don't think it would be conforming to a Native American bombing tree's and stuff. Denzel or President Obama sure do know how to make a strong argument.

Love how much stalling is going on with the IRS Scandal. That bitch Lois Lerner is gonna get her day soon. She thinks stupidly that all her emails are deleted but they are saved on a separate server and she is going to get owned.
Obama will probably pardon her, but luckily one day she will have to stand before God and pay for her sins.

bread's done
Back