CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess the Saints Row 4 season pass is region locked? I loved the game and the season pass for $4 sounds great... but I just don't feel like I'm in any rush, next sale it'll probably be down to $2.50.
There sooo much DLC for that game now in the season pass... If you don't have it already I would take a pass and look for a the full package version this time next year.

I bought Diablo III for full price and this is what happens when you are a CAG.
I actually didn't like the beta that much... I lucked out on that regard. (The way stuff works... It was just off. I also didn't like the always on connection, still don't to be honest, but after 400 hours in Marvel Heroes I couldn't really object to it anymore.)

Trials GOLD gamers

I'm thinking of making a Steam group for it. It won't be much more than a collection of uplay usernames matched to their CAG/Steam usernames but I'm really tied of not seeing any friendly ghost when I play it.

Please let me know if your interested.

Everyone else. Go buy Trials! (Its two games for $4.99!)

Well Pacman still has not gotten an additional flash discount which leads me to believe it's listed in error and something hidden is getting a flash deal now… but what?!?
My guess was the other Pac-man game, but that says "holiday sale" too. :whistle2:k

I dnt think ur accounting for inflation

economics yo
100% inflation, yo oh no!

I think something is wrong with my Steam, all the prices suck.
It's not just yours. :whistle2:(

I think something is wrong with my Steam, all the prices suck.
Try setting your system clock back to 2010.

Actually, I just can't view wishlists in the browser. Browser just sits there and doesn't want to load it. Rather odd.
hopes-deleted-meme-generator-hopes-deleted-335e0f.png

Trials GOLD gamers

I'm thinking of making a Steam group for it. It won't be much more than a collection of uplay usernames matched to their CAG/Steam usernames but I'm really tied of not seeing any friendly ghost when I play it.

Please let me know if your interested.

Everyone else. Go buy Trials! (Its two games for $4.99!)
If anyone is unsure if they want Trials, there's a demo available on Steam you can try. You can also test how it performs on your PC this way, since some people have performance issues with it (it runs fine for me though).

Oh and no one has claimed my copy of Trials Evolution yet.. Solid-Snake-Eyes backed out. Only quote my original post (not this post) if you're going to play it though.

Trials GOLD gamers

Naturally...

Well I've owned it for a month, I suppose it's safe to start it for the first time now...

...(re)installing directX for the 600th time...

There sooo much DLC for that game now in the season pass... If you don't have it already I would take a pass and look for a the full package version this time next year.

I actually didn't like the beta that much... I lucked out on that regard. (The way stuff works... It was just off. I also didn't like the always on connection, still don't to be honest, but after 400 hours in Marvel Heroes I couldn't really object to it anymore.)
I don't think I'll ever make use of the non-mission DLC so I'm not too concerned about missing out on that. I don't see myself replaying the main game again, by the time I'm interested in doing that there'll be a Saints Row 5.

I figure by the end of the sale, I should be down to just Saint's Row 4, Starbound, XCOM Enemy Within, Final Fantasy 8, and Small World 2. Everything else will either be DLC, purchased, or deleted.

Has the "additional mission add-on pack" been released yet in the Season Pass?
theres only two missions and a anal probe with the season pass. Two levels are Enter The Dominatrix and the new How The Saints Saved Christmas. both are like an hour ot two long each

If anyone is unsure if they want Trials, there's a demo available on Steam you can try. You can also test how it performs on your PC this way, since some people have performance issues with it (it runs fine for me though).

Oh and no one has claimed my copy of Trials Evolution yet.. Solid-Snake-Eyes backed out. Only quote my original post (not this post) if you're going to play it though.
I am still thinking if I should buy this for my backlog, beside performance issues, have you experienced any network problems with multiplayer?

I am still thinking if I should buy this for my backlog, beside performance issues, have you experienced any network problems with multiplayer?
Squirrel and I tried the MP. His bike/driver was noticeably laggy on my screen, but it doesn't matter all that much since you race on different sides and there's no collision. That, and I don't think Squirrel was lagging, it's just the appearance of your opponents that lags (if that makes sense, hard to explain). Squirrel might be able to provide more detail.. I was the host. I think it wouldn't let him host, so you might have to forward ports or unblock your router's firewall.

I don't have extensive experience with the MP yet, we only played a few rounds of it.

Giving away a Lil Inferno Steam key

There is a song which has the word Inferno in it.  Do an image search using this song's name, and find the image with a pope and purple cups. 

First to post the image wins the key!

Squirrel and I tried the MP. His bike/driver was noticeably laggy on my screen, but it doesn't matter all that much since you race on different sides and there's no collision. That, and I don't think Squirrel was lagging, it's just the appearance of your opponents that lags (if that makes sense, hard to explain). Squirrel might be able to provide more detail.. I was the host. I think it wouldn't let him host, so you might have to forward ports or unblock your router's firewall.

I don't have extensive experience with the MP yet, we only played a few rounds of it.
Yeah my bike wasn't lagging, but Spoder's was like I was for him. Also it took a ton of work to get uplay and steam to cooperate and let us connect for a game, as we kept getting weird errors and having the connection drop. Rather a lot of hassle and it doesn't seem like it is getting fixed anytime soon.

Why am I not seeing Inmate's, Spoder's, or Squirrel's times on my leaderboard? Do we have to be uplay friends?
yes, same reason I'm not seeing your Hot Pursuit times since we have to be friends on Origin. Send me a FR (same name as here), and I will add you next time I start the game.

Why am I not seeing Inmate's, Spoder's, or Squirrel's times on my leaderboard? Do we have to be uplay friends?
Yeah, got to be friends... Its why there's the steam group. We just list the cag/uplay names so we can do the leader board thing. (As you imagine it get buried quickly in the thread.)

If you're the first CAG regular to quote this post and have at least 15 hours of playtime on any racing game on your Steam account, I'll gift you Trials Evolution Gold. Must include screenshot of playtime in your library to qualify. Steam is slow as fuck right now so I'm going to have to gift it later.

Note: You MUST include a screenshot. If someone quotes this post after you, but has a screenshot included before you.. they win. I'll be checking ;)
Does this count, even if I spent most of my time cruising around instead of "racing?"

iba3SRp5br6gKM.jpg

Ittle Dew - yay or nay? It's $2.99 on the Humble Store. I know it's been bundled before but it was BTA and I didn't want any of the other stuff.

aight so heres wot i got for Day 5-6

Amnesia: Machine For Pigs

Assault Android Cactus

Castle of Illusion

Contagion

Doorways

Beatbuddy

a bunch of Saints Row 4 dlc

Ittle Dew - yay or nay? It's $2.99 on the Humble Store. I know it's been bundled before but it was BTA and I didn't want any of the other stuff.
According to Steam I got about 3 hours out of Ittle Dew. I'm pretty sure I just booted it up for cards, but remember enjoying what I played during that time (you can beat in 3 hours if you're not collecting things). It's very Zelda-lite and easy though so it's tough to recommend if you want something of substance.

So far I bought Legend of Dungeon and Bit Trip Fate (card fodder).  Will probably pick up Far Cry 3 when it comes back as a flash/daily/whatever as I really don't see myself getting anything else at this point.

how u liking remember me so far :D
I'm some 3 hours and 30 minutes or so into Remember Me.

I absolutely love their artistic look of this futuristic cyberpunk Neo-Paris. Seriously - this game is beautiful from an artistic stand-point. The art direction is absolutely excellent - I love what they've done with Paris here. When nothing is really happening, it feels commonplace & just right for me to walk around in the game-world; look around in the game-world; read the signs and propaganda; take screenshots in-game; and just revel in the beauty of the art-style that this game actually provides. It feels right to just look around at every nook and cranny of the game-world, even when the game's literally pointing me to go in a certain direction - just to take a screenshot and to find any Lore that I can to give me more insight into this world.

There is Lore that you get from looking around in the game-world finding things, from entering locations, from fighting enemies, etc - it winds-up in the Journal really has done a great job of providing the player extra info about the game-world, factions, characters, enemies, important events, and any other useful information. I highly do suggest when you get any info added to the Journal - it's worth checking out. It certainly does add a lot to the game, background, and story here to read what Lore is within the Journal/Codex.

The unique plot & premise, crazy story, and things that happen in this game is what you'll be digging - b/c it's pretty good and feels very unique. The actual storytelling and dialogue is solid and good - but, that isn't spectacular or anything of that sort. This is worth mentioning - the (English) voice-acting is also really good. Unlike Defiance, this looks like they actually put some care into the voice-acting and got some people to play the parts quite properly. Also, the music's fantastic - seriously, they really nailed the sound, as the music often have these epic orchestras play fused with elements of electronic-music. Not only that, but here's also what really makes it shine even more so: all of the music feels meticulously placed at the right time, event, and moment.

Combat gets better as you go along. It reminds me of Batman: AA + AC - where you have to pay attention to your enemies and their attacks so you can counter-them and b/c it's heavily timing based. At first, combat seems kind of basic, especially early-on - namely b/c they don't give you many moves, combos, and whatnot in the beginning. But, once the game really gets going a little bit and you get more at your disposal - the game's combat gets awesome. As you do more combo's, kills, etc - you'll wind-up eventually able to unlock more attacks - some do damage, some also do healing, some reset your Rage Meter, are there are ones they overload a person's memories to kill them, etc. You will eventually get a Rage meter - and you can just wail on enemies and do free-form like combos (that ain't preset). Combo system is really cool b/c you have this "Combo Lab" menu-screen - which is where you literally lay-out what moves you want to put when, where, and whatnot for your Combo-sets. You can change these at any time - and it's awesome!

This game seems to mix a fair amount of combat, platforming, and the puzzle-like remixing of memories. Platforming is often linear - and like Mirror's Edge (when you have it turned on), it'll point you where you should be going, more or less. There are some other things that are interesting here - such as you have to sync w/ a character and, more or less, follow his lead. It so reminds me of Dark Souls, when you watch ghosts die - but unlike Dark Souls, you actually should be copying what they do in this game & in this case!

So, the memory remixing feel like something that would be an adventure game puzzle of some kind. Basically, you are given a scene - you manipulate it w/ fast-forward, slow-motion, freeze-frame it, rewind, etc - and you have to find objects in the memory that are "Glitching" and figure out how and when to manipulate them to change a person's memory entirely. I've ran into one - and it was awesome. I certainly do hope there's more of these.

Gameplay is pretty linear and pretty much flows in one direction. You can go off the beat-path, but it won't be much of one and for very long - often, you'll take a turn in one other direction to find either small upgrades, stashes, or new Lore tucked-away; and then you'll wind-up right back on your merry main-path. Yes, it's very linear. This certainly is NOT an open-world game - so, if you are looking for something like Assassin's Creed, GTA, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, or anything where the world at your disposal, this won't be your meal ticket. If you want that in this game - prepare to be disappointed here.

I got everything maxed-out on 1920x1080 on my PC (i7 950; 1GB of NVidia GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of RAM Win 7 64-bit), except one thing: Super-Sampling. I was having unstable framerates on my PC of anywhere from 40-60 frames per second w/ Super-Sampling on with the drop of a hat. With Super-Sampling off - solid 60 frames most of the time on my PC. It might dip a bit in some instances, but it ain't much of a drop and it ain't often at all.

So, there you have it - some of my thoughts so far on Remember Me. I certainly do need to give it more time.

I'm some 3 hours and 30 minutes or so into Remember Me.

I absolutely love their artistic look of this futuristic cyberpunk Neo-Paris. Seriously - this game is beautiful from an artistic stand-point. The art direction is absolutely excellent - I love what they've done with Paris here. When nothing is really happening, it feels commonplace & just right for me to walk around in the game-world; look around in the game-world; read the signs and propaganda; take screenshots in-game; and just revel in the beauty of the art-style that this game actually provides. It feels right to just look around at every nook and cranny of the game-world, even when the game's literally pointing me to go in a certain direction - just to take a screenshot and to find any Lore that I can to give me more insight into this world.

There is Lore that you get from looking around in the game-world finding things, from entering locations, from fighting enemies, etc - it winds-up in the Journal really has done a great job of providing the player extra info about the game-world, factions, characters, enemies, important events, and any other useful information. I highly do suggest when you get any info added to the Journal - it's worth checking out. It certainly does add a lot to the game, background, and story here to read what Lore is within the Journal/Codex.

The unique plot & premise, crazy story, and things that happen in this game is what you'll be digging - b/c it's pretty good and feels very unique. The actual storytelling and dialogue is solid and good - but, that isn't spectacular or anything of that sort. This is worth mentioning - the (English) voice-acting is also really good. Unlike Defiance, this looks like they actually put some care into the voice-acting and got some people to play the parts quite properly. Also, the music's fantastic - seriously, they really nailed the sound, as the music often have these epic orchestras play fused with elements of electronic-music. Not only that, but here's also what really makes it shine even more so: all of the music feels meticulously placed at the right time, event, and moment.

Combat gets better as you go along. It reminds me of Batman: AA + AC - where you have to pay attention to your enemies and their attacks so you can counter-them and b/c it's heavily timing based. At first, combat seems kind of basic, especially early-on - namely b/c they don't give you many moves, combos, and whatnot in the beginning. But, once the game really gets going a little bit and you get more at your disposal - the game's combat gets awesome. As you do more combo's, kills, etc - you'll wind-up eventually able to unlock more attacks - some do damage, some also do healing, some reset your Rage Meter, are there are ones they overload a person's memories to kill them, etc. You will eventually get a Rage meter - and you can just wail on enemies and do free-form like combos (that ain't preset). Combo system is really cool b/c you have this "Combo Lab" menu-screen - which is where you literally lay-out what moves you want to put when, where, and whatnot for your Combo-sets. You can change these at any time - and it's awesome!

This game seems to mix a fair amount of combat, platforming, and the puzzle-like remixing of memories. Platforming is often linear - and like Mirror's Edge (when you have it turned on), it'll point you where you should be going, more or less. There are some other things that are interesting here - such as you have to sync w/ a character and, more or less, follow his lead. It so reminds me of Dark Souls, when you watch ghosts die - but unlike Dark Souls, you actually should be copying what they do in this game & in this case!

So, the memory remixing feel like something that would be an adventure game puzzle of some kind. Basically, you are given a scene - you manipulate it w/ fast-forward, slow-motion, freeze-frame it, rewind, etc - and you have to find objects in the memory that are "Glitching" and figure out how and when to manipulate them to change a person's memory entirely. I've ran into one - and it was awesome. I certainly do hope there's more of these.

Gameplay is pretty linear and pretty much flows in one direction. You can go off the beat-path, but it won't be much of one and for very long - often, you'll take a turn in one other direction to find either small upgrades, stashes, or new Lore tucked-away; and then you'll wind-up right back on your merry main-path. Yes, it's very linear. This certainly is NOT an open-world game - so, if you are looking for something like Assassin's Creed, GTA, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, or anything where the world at your disposal, this won't be your meal ticket. If you want that in this game - prepare to be disappointed here.

I got everything maxed-out on 1920x1080 on my PC (i7 950; 1GB of NVidia GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of RAM Win 7 64-bit), except one thing: Super-Sampling. I was having unstable framerates on my PC of anywhere from 40-60 frames per second w/ Super-Sampling on with the drop of a hat. With Super-Sampling off - solid 60 frames most of the time on my PC. It might dip a bit in some instances, but it ain't much of a drop and it ain't often at all.

So, there you have it - some of my thoughts so far on Remember Me. I certainly do need to give it more time.
y u type essay for 3 hour playtime

So, is the Trials Evolution Gold Edition that GMG is selling a Uplay game? It's 4.99 on Steam right now. Will I need to use Uplay client even if I buy it on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back