CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to try to keep as many games as possible installed for that reason but this is a better option to get notified when there are updates.

I don't know, I think it's not so bad. It's more or less like rewarding existing customers when some these days seem to be doing the opposite and screwing you out of deals on the DLC unless you buy it with the base or in a (Amazon) bundle.

OTOH there is the whole GFWL issue looming and whether the DLC is really worth it in the first place, which brings me to...

Is all the Resident Evil DLC for all the games really just multiplayer only or weapons? If so then I guess I'll pass. I was feeling like I needed a TL;DR For Dummies guide to tell me what DLC is what.

That's the problem I have with Steam and games that have a lot of DLC. I know Enhanced Steam has the (crowd sourced) categories but even then you have to go to each and every page which is tedious since they don't show up in list view.
I wish Zenimax (for Bethesda & Arkane) would do an ALL DLC Sale like this - you know, for DLC on Skyrim & Dishonored.

EDIT:

Also if the DLC had said 75% off Bethesda DLC Sale, so many people would be jumping for joy right now so I don't even wanna hear it =P
Bethesda, BioWare, and EA needs to take notes on how to do discount DLC and packs like this Capcom DLC sale.

BTW - why the hell isn't DLC for RE: Operation Raccoon City on sale?

I've played almost all Resident Evils (RE Remake is one of my favorites.) Well except for RE6 I honestly couldn't get thru it. Anyway RE: Revelations isn't quite like the old school games, but it definitely is a game with a creepy atmosphere (well for the first 3/4ths of the game anyway.) I think its the best RE to be released since RE 4 so if you like creepy RE games mixed with shitty Capcom dialogue then this game is for you my friend.
My biggest problem w/ RE6 was the overlapping areas & especially overlapping boss fights couldn't be skipped, if you've experience it as another character in their campaign - especially if the methods to winning the boss fight ARE the same!

Seriously - WTH at padding things out, Capcom?

You had to go and ruin my fun, didn't you?

I think I've just had my first spodering. I don't like it.
Believe me you won't have to think it happened when it happens. It's very painful you can't miss it.

My biggest problem w/ RE6 was the overlapping areas & especially overlapping boss fights couldn't be skipped, if you've experience it as another character in their campaign - especially if the methods to winning the boss fight ARE the same!

I don't quite like how they try their damnedest to force you to play online co-op. Even when playing offline single player it kept bringing up the looking for partners screen. Why the hell have the offline mode option then?

I don't quite like how they try their damnedest to force you to play online co-op. Even when playing offline single player it kept bringing up the looking for partners screen. Why the hell have the offline mode option then?
Wtf are you talking about, alt account? I'd never play RE6 singleplayer!

Alright, fess up. Which one of you convinced the Sanctum guys to make Goat Simulator a real thing?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JN2QUhaKN2Q[/youtube]

Preorder is up at $9.99.
Blimey! That looks awesome. Tempted ter waste some Gaben bucks on it. Nuff said, yeah?

It's been brought to my attention that lots of you have been banned, albeit temporarily. Thankfully idiotekque is amongst the fallen. Let's hope it stays that way.

#NeverForget
Awright geeezzaa! I'm surprised da Steam shill wasn't amongst da fallen. Sorted mate.

It's a fair cop guvnah, apples n pears innit?

Erm, dog 'n bone, ball 'n chain, cost me a monkey, large? Yeah?

*munches on jellied eels*
Gawdon Bennet! Don't 'ry ter distract from da matter at 'and wiv yaaahr wit'y retorts. OK?

Yeah, a mod's account was compromised. They'll be unbanned soon.
Awright geeezzaa! I was wonderin' what what was about. Sorted mate.

Alright, fess up. Which one of you convinced the Sanctum guys to make Goat Simulator a real thing?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JN2QUhaKN2Q[/youtube]

Preorder is up at $9.99.
That video never cease to make me laugh, I think it will sell even better than Surgeon Simulator.

I didn't get banned, hooray!

*gets banned for not being popular enough

Edit: Aliens Colonial Marines + Season Pass for $7.49 at Nuuvem... hm...

It's like that because of co-op... you know playing with somebody else.

<noticed OP username> ...nevermind.

About Capcom's DLC sale, did anyone else notice that the header had Frank West earlier in the day... and he's gone now?

Was Dead Rising 2's DLC on sale?

About Capcom's DLC sale, did anyone else notice that the header had Frank West earlier in the day... and he's gone now?

Was Dead Rising 2's DLC on sale?
I don't think so.

Dead Rising DLC packs, like their base games, require GFWL, so it makes sense that Capcom wouldn't be pushing something that might not work in a few months.

What the hell. Rambo is coming soon. And it actually doesn't look like some faux retro hipster junk either.

I mean it will probably Garry's Incident suck, but still.

Ah, good point, missed that one. I think it's more likely that SFxT will get ported to Steamworks than Dead Rising though.
Considering That Capcom would want people to buy an Xbox One and buy Dead Rising 3 I would think they would want to push the earlier games to garner interest.

What the hell. Rambo is coming soon. And it actually doesn't look like some faux retro hipster junk either.

It's worse. Much worse.

It's an on-rails, QTE + mouse-driven shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x13fo6wpnXk

I want this, but I still hate the fact that they made Rambo kill police officers in the areas from First Blood. He never kills a cop or a soldier in the movie. He injures them, but he doesn't kill anyone. That was half of the point of the movie AND THEY COULDN'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT!

This would work on an arcade game. Hell it's basically Sega's arcade game, redone for PCs. BUT WHY IS THIS FORTY BUCKS?

The page says it has local co-op. WTH. Is this really the type of game people would play local co-op on a PC. Also how does the co-op work? Are there 4 Rambos running around?

Seems like it has the potential to be trainwreck fun but no online multiplayer kind of ruins some of that.

*Edited to add:

http://www.reef-entertainment.com/news.php?id=33

Authenticity Stressed In RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME

‘Let me tell you a story John…. There was a sculptor, and he found a stone. A special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready, he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn’t created anything. The statue was always there, he just cleared away the small pieces. We didn’t make you this fighting machine. We just chipped away the rough edges.’ – Col. Samuel Trautman, RAMBO III ™ & © 1988 Studiocanal S.A. All rights reserved.

London, 1st March 2013: UK video game publisher Reef Entertainment today announced that RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME will feature the original movie voice-tracks of John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) and Col. Samuel Trautman (Richard Crenna) in their definitive game on the world famous series of movies.

A Reef spokesperson said: “Our goal is to produce the finest Rambo video game ever made. To do that, we are including dialogue, special effects, and music from the movies.

STUDIOCANAL, the owners of the Rambo films, searched their extensive archives and tracked down audio reels containing the original voice recording tapes for FIRST BLOOD, FIRST BLOOD PART II & RAMBO III. These tapes provided us with the pristine vocal performances of Stallone and Crenna that we have included in the game.”

RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME will put players in Rambo’s combat boots and take them on an action-packed journey through the iconic action-sequences and story-arcs of FIRST BLOOD ™, RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II ™ & RAMBO III ™. The game will be locked and loaded with classic dialogue, rage-screams and exclamations from the movies.

RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME will be released on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC in 2013.

RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME assets can be accessed on the following link:www.media.reef-entertainment.com/Teaser_RamboTheVideoGame

The official RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME website can be found at:http://www.rambothevideogame.com

For more information on RAMBO ® THE VIDEO GAME or other Reef Entertainment products please contact:
Jaspreet S Marwaha ([email protected])
I am really relieved to know they are stressing authenticity. I was worried there for a minute. :p

*Edit2: Oh geeze, they are doing a box retail release even in the US. I know it's made in Europe and all but someone didn't get the memo that boxed retail for PC is long dead here. Wouldn't shock me if they saddled it with some awful EuroDRM either.

Is anyone else getting this bug? I'm activating keys, and I'm getting a weird message as well as the box showing what you activated being blank. Then the game doesn't show up in my library until I restart Steam.

Lg4fZDj.jpg

Rambo's co-op is just two cross hairs going around the screen House of the Dead/Virtua Cop style.  All foot movement is computer controlled.  You can't walk freely in this game.

*Edit2: Oh geeze, they are doing a box retail release even in the US. I know it's made in Europe and all but someone didn't get the memo that boxed retail for PC is long dead here. Wouldn't shock me if they saddled it with some awful EuroDRM either.
Oh, $20? That's a lot better. The game's up with a $40 preorder price at GamersGate, I thought that would be the final price. I can deal with $20 (75% off, of course.)

Is anyone else getting this bug? I'm activating keys, and I'm getting a weird message as well as the box showing what you activated being blank. Then the game doesn't show up in my library until I restart Steam.

Lg4fZDj.jpg
Steam does that sometimes. Just reboot Steam. :p

Sounds good. After playing Call of Juarez I'm looking to play every single bow and arrow FPS I can find.

Edit: Ok maybe not, after letting the video run past the bow and arrow bit's. Looks a bit bollocks.

i'm pretty sure that rambo game is a port of the awful arcade lightgun game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wDFLnZRAE
uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAaaaaa...?

Where's the level where he breaks down and recounts how his friend's legs were blown off, but he can't find them?

Edit:

Nevermind, this looks like Rambo III. I've always wondered where Rambo II disappeared to...

I remember when I first read about this, and accompanying the article was one of the silliest gameplay vids I'd ever seen.

Day one. Believe it.

Sounds good. After playing Call of Juarez I'm looking to play every single bow and arrow FPS I can find.

Edit: Ok maybe not, after letting the video run past the bow and arrow bit's. Looks a bit bollocks.
Have you played Far Cry 3? The bow in that game is so fucking satisfying to use. You can even fire flaming arrows and set whole hillsides on fire.

Skyrim (vanilla)...stealth + archery = as OP as you can get in any game, ever.

Video game based on a popular movie? What could possibly go wrong?

Rarely... for months I regularly get "you already own this product" (when I didn't), but it shows up in the library right away.

TR2013 & FC3 come to mind.

Have you played Far Cry 3? The bow in that game is so fucking satisfying to use. You can even fire flaming arrows and set whole hillsides on fire.
*adds to list* I have Far Cry and FC2. Haven't played them yet though.

Skyrim (vanilla)...stealth + archery = as OP as you can get in any game, ever.
Aye, I like Skyrim's archery. I need to get back to that game soon. You can reclaim your arrows too like Call of Juarez. That's so badass =D

Rarely... for months I regularly get "you already own this product" (when I didn't), but it shows up in the library right away.

TR2013 & FC3 come to mind.
I'd read the archery in Tomb Raider is really fun. I'll have to pick that up when it's $5 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back