CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys noticed that the bottom of the page is mirrored, but it shows you someone else's profile? What the shit kinda weirdness is that?

oaF39Yt.png

I only have 11 games on my wishlist. It's showing me this random person's wishlist with 34 games on it. The person also changes whenever you hit refresh. I was able to view the last person's cart, too.
The existence of Parallel Universes is confirmed!

It's tough to imagine a flash sale at 70-75% off for the Legendary Edition, but I suppose it could happen. Although not very likely if past history is any indication on this game.
Well that disappointing. I guess it will come back up in the winter sale. So I guess i'll wait it out and see what happens (what could go wrong?).

Outlast... I just removed that from my Wishlist the other day. And now it's $6 and change? HMMM.

Also, is the mirroring showing someone else's wishlist when you're not logged in? I'm seeing my own. Perhaps its a nice attempt to promote Secret Santa-ing? :p

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year is on sale for $40 right now, but it says that's the sale price until December 3rd, not any sort of daily deal. It's a given that it will be discounted more than that right?

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year is on sale for $40 right now, but it says that's the sale price until December 3rd, not any sort of daily deal. It's a given that it will be discounted more than that right?
Considering you could have had it for $28 or it's parts for $18 just a few days ago, I'd hope so.

Pinball FX 2 DLC is 50% off.  :whee:

After getting in on the Humble Bundle Weekly deal for just $6 and 20+ tables, it will only take another $12.50 to have it "ALL".

Everything except Ms. 'Splosion Man table.  -- and I won the newest Star Wars pack during a Live Stream code drop back in Oct.  --- before official release:D

for DLCs, the only ones that might be worth it are the Nightmare in Northpoint (which is a short zombie-like storyline) and the Year of the Snake.

Neither of them add much

all other DLC are just packs to buy cars, clothes, etc and not worth it since they will give you some stuff buffing your character too much early on in the game...you can earn everything you would need playing through the story line

Actually, the best DLC is the Zodiac Tournament, where it goes all Shaw Brothers on your ass. Unfortunately, it is also pretty short.

Didn't like Year Of The Snake, because it is all post-game where they take everything from you and restrict you to cop gear.

As for the game, I liked it, but didn't think it would win any GOTY contests. The main selling point is that you are in the middle of a HK cop drama and it does that well.

Considering you could have had it for $28 or it's parts for $18 just a few days ago, I'd hope so.
When could you get the BL2:GOTY for $28? I've been checking for weeks on Steam and it hasn't been discounted. I have seen the BL1:GOTY + BL2 (not GOTY) for $30, but that's it. Did I miss something, or was it on a different site?

Well that disappointing. I guess it will come back up in the winter sale. So I guess i'll wait it out and see what happens (what could go wrong?).
Exactly. Plus the Winter sale is just about 3 weeks away anyway. If you can wait it out it may not be such a bad idea.

Although, that leaked Valve message a while back about the two sales (Autumn and Winter) mentioned something about games will have the same sale price for both sales. Not sure if Valve and/or publishers will stay the course on that now or perhaps pull some nifty tricks out for the Winter sale.

Thanks for the remarks on Sleeping Dogs.

Can't seem to get Enhanced Steam to work on Chrome.  Anyone else having this issue?

edit - looks like it's working but pricing history isn't coming up...

When could you get the BL2:GOTY for $28? I've been checking for weeks on Steam and it hasn't been discounted. I have seen the BL1:GOTY + BL2 (not GOTY) for $30, but that's it. Did I miss something, or was it on a different site?
GreenManGaming had it all on sale last week (I think it was last week) and those were the prices after using the 20% off voucher they provide.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is $4.99 (50% off - lowest price according to SteamPrices), usually goes on sale for $5.99 during the sales.

Edit: Ninja'd by The End. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting for this game to get a real discount :)
Make that 3 of us! \o/

Having a hard time deciding whether to grab up Dishonored GOTY at 66%. Trying to hold off on picking anything up just yet. 

Thanks for the remarks on Sleeping Dogs.

Can't seem to get Enhanced Steam to work on Chrome. Anyone else having this issue?
Mine works fine. Did you make sure to enable the extension?

Edit: I take that back. Mine does not seem to be working quite right at the moment either. Some of the extra stuff is there but some of it isn't.

So the Gundemonium collection is $4.99, or $1.99 a la carte. Having just finished playing eXceed 2&3 and absolutely loving them I've been looking for some other bullet hell games. Anyone care to chime in on how these compare (where art thou, Ashes?) ?

Isn't the going rule, "If it's not a Daily Deal or Flash Sale yet, then wait?"

Pinball FX 2 DLC is 50% off. :whee:

After getting in on the Humble Bundle Weekly deal for just $6 and 20+ tables, it will only take another $12.50 to have it "ALL".

Everything except Ms. 'Splosion Man table. -- and I won the newest Star Wars pack during a Live Stream code drop back in Oct. --- before official release. :D
Also missing star wars balance of the force pack.

I'm picking this stuff up, but waiting. hoping it hits a daily/flash sale

Never thought i'd get this into pinball

Pinball FX 2 DLC is 50% off. :whee:

Everything except Ms. 'Splosion Man table. -- and I won the newest Star Wars pack during a Live Stream code drop back in Oct. --- before official release. :D
Get them!

Of the non-bundled ones, Mars, Captain America, and Fantastic Four are all very well done and fun tables. Captain America is quite challenging but has some of the more unique mission modes. Moon Knight and Thor from the Marvel Vengeance pack are both awesome tables as well. Civil War and Excalibur are more on the frustrating side...and by frustrating, I mean I suck at them. Civil War is lightning fast, and you have to be insanely precise with your shots.

Can't believe how much of a DLC pimp I have become, damn you Zen!

It is awesome

if this was called "Grand Theft Auto - Hong Kong" and published by Rockstar it would have received perfect review scores from every site and made a billion dollars

Grand Theft Auto style gameplay with Batman - Arkham style combat wrapped up in a great under cover cop/Chinese Triad story
I enjoyed SD a lot more than any GTA game. It managed to keep me interested through the whole game, whereas with GTA, I'd get bored after a hour.

Get them!

Of the non-bundled ones, Mars, Captain America, and Fantastic Four are all very well done and fun tables. Captain America is quite challenging but has some of the more unique mission modes. Moon Knight and Thor from the Marvel Vengeance pack are both awesome tables as well. Civil War and Excalibur are more on the frustrating side...and by frustrating, I mean I suck at them. Civil War is lightning fast, and you have to be insanely precise with your shots.

Ms Splosion Man is a great table as well, though it isn't on sale for some odd reason.

Hey guys. I'm on my phone s I can't check myself. Is Bad Rats 1 on sale?
Oddly.... no. Daily Deal? ;)

Since the sale has started, I wanted to let everyone know that I will try to keep my list updated as the deals change.

You can check them here: List

Right now I only listed the Dailys and the Flash deals with a few other deals that last for the full sale.

Since there are way too many things on sale for me to list them all, feel free to just post the names of the games in my thread and ill add them to the list.

Get them!

Trust this guy. He knows his pinball.

(Civil War is one of the only tables where I still have a higher score than you.)

Gahhh so tempted to just pickup Prison Architect. But it's not complete, and I won't play it for more than an hour yet. I should just wait until it's done .. SOMEBODY HELP ME

Gahhh so tempted to just pickup Prison Architect. But it's not complete, and I won't play it for more than an hour yet. I should just wait until it's done .. SOMEBODY HELP ME
10 out of 10 it'll be in a Humble Bundle in less than a year - and it'll still be in your backlog by then even if you buy it now.

There, hope that helps.

1. Download Dwarf Fortress.

2. Learn how to play it.

3. Urist Ninjaculate has canceled buying Prison Architect: can't stop playing way better protagonist game.

Done.

So the Gundemonium collection is $4.99, or $1.99 a la carte. Having just finished playing eXceed 2&3 and absolutely loving them I've been looking for some other bullet hell games. Anyone care to chime in on how these compare (where art thou, Ashes?) ?
Gundemonium Recollection is one of my favorite bullet hell games, and as a bonus it is horizontal scrolling. It may not be as complex as a Cave title, but it is fun. Hitogata Happa... is challenging. It requires strategy to proceed, not just to score high, it's a rough one. I personally enjoy those two more than the exceed series. I didn't get further than some casual play in Gundeadligne, so can't speak for that one.

Exactly. Plus the Winter sale is just about 3 weeks away anyway. If you can wait it out it may not be such a bad idea.

Although, that leaked Valve message a while back about the two sales (Autumn and Winter) mentioned something about games will have the same sale price for both sales. Not sure if Valve and/or publishers will stay the course on that now or perhaps pull some nifty tricks out for the Winter sale.

Agreed. There's nothing stopping Valve from doing something like the badge collecting/voting (like in the Summer Sale) during the Winter Sale to set it apart from the Autumn Sale, so waiting on anything that isn't a flash during this sale to pick up in the Winter Sale is the sound strategy. If the prices are the same, then you haven't lost anything, but if the prices are the same+bonuses per purchase, then you should be buying then (during the Winter Sale).

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is $4.99 (50% off - lowest price according to SteamPrices), usually goes on sale for $5.99 during the sales.

Edit: Ninja'd by The End. Good to know I'm not the only one waiting for this game to get a real discount :)
This game has been in my wishlist for two years and will not get a special sale. This and World in Conflict. The steam grinch has a place in his shrunken heart for them.

Actually, the best DLC is the Zodiac Tournament, where it goes all Shaw Brothers on your ass. Unfortunately, it is also pretty short.

Didn't like Year Of The Snake, because it is all post-game where they take everything from you and restrict you to cop gear.
I agree with the above. The Nightmare DLC was fair but non-essential. Zodiac, on the other hand, was pretty fun. YotS felt really gimped because of what Longshot mentioned.

SD in general though is great. It's one of the better open-world games to come out in recent years (that I've played).

Having a hard time deciding whether to grab up Dishonored GOTY at 66%. Trying to hold off on picking anything up just yet.
It's odd that the GOTY edition is on sale at 66% off but the regular version is 50% off. Gamefly is supposed to have dishonored for the same price tomorrow, but they also have an additional 20% off coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back