CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, when's the Ultra Turbo Spectacular Super Duper Street Fighter 4: Extra Complete Championship Arcade Edition coming?
Probably around the same time as Sid Meier's Civilization V Gold Complete Really Done For Real This Time + Civilization and Scenario Pack: Raleigh-Durham

43616560.jpg

It's official now, rite?
Now that a Big Bird.

(...is what she said.)

lmafo now we talking wieerd shit im going to spank aj and be slap by kaitlyn and thee nstrip by jenna haze and then we alll 4 shower oh yea hhe h jk

Sounds like a cross b/t Jericho and Vicky Guererro.
hehh someone knows wwe. Im the it factor of CAG the leader of selfish generation

and also fuck ur celtics ***** nuggeets

All of that stuff is on topic, completely relevant to video games.

As for your "bundlestars" infatuation...

I don't know what to tell you man. Besides that you're apparently a sick, sick human being, anyway.

Edit: Way off topic, but I finally hooked up my brand spankin new PS3, and immediately went for demon's souls

F&^% this thing is hard. So far, personally, I find it much more difficult than dark souls.

Then again, maybe it's just because I played through dark souls 387921847 times so I forgot how hard it was the first time I went through it
lol...I stand erected. Corrected...I stand corrected. It's the pleats in the pants. Don't act like you're not impressed.

Just this morning, it occurred to me that I hadn't heard anything pertaining to the VGA's, and I blissfully thought that the thing had perhaps finally died off.

Oh well.

Not sheriff this thread is for actual steam deals anymore...

but Injustice Gods Amoung Us is 50% off on steam.

I didn't see it posted anywhere (To my knowledge)

Dr Sasquatch said:
If you have NEO Scavenger on Desura, you can now get your Steam key by following this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35143366&postcount=1729

OR, you can strip naked, run around a bonfire six times counter-clockwise, and drink the blood of a recently slain love-god.
Thanks for #891 in my backlog ;)

walkonshadows said:
We tried to recruit you last year, but you refused to join our cul..ughh, club. :D

Congrats to Psydero I gave him the Mafia II key (only had 2 people ask for it).
Wow, I can't believe you actually found 2 people who didn't have this yet. :)

CNBFTBGB said:
Not sheriff this thread is for actual steam deals anymore...

but Injustice Gods Amoung Us is 50% off on steam.

I didn't see it posted anywhere (To my knowledge)
d06.gif

$1 bundle or GTFO!

I also won a key for Grid 2 yesterday, but my time was going up at the rate of 1 in game second for every 3-4 real life seconds, and I got sick of sitting around waiting for the time to hit 2:44 on the last picture so I started cleaning some things up and forgot about it. When I came back to check on it my in game time was over almost 4 minutes, so I had resigned myself to not getting one again, and then the e-mail popped up an hour or so ago! I'm beginning to think that whoever said they take the 100 slowest times might actually be right.
Grats! Thanks for that data point! I won with the 4:36 (all prior losing times being sub-1:30)

Finally won a GRID 2 key with a time of 3:36 yesterday. I intentionally messed up on all three stages and had so many errant clicks. Haha...

I'm starting to think this contest is meant for 5-7 year olds and young teenagers with underdeveloped point and click skills.

But we've cracked the "code" in Codemasters Racing! Success! :D
Yay more data! Yeah, it really isn't balanced for anyone of a reasonable age with normal cognitive development.

My thoughts on NFS: MW 2012 are here, pretty much:

http://www.xfire.com/blog/mysterd/5374184

Pretty much, I still feel the same about it - that it needs some personality and more race-types/missions, more so than anything. It feels like a NFS game mixed w/ Burnout Paradise.

Also, I had to lock it down to 30 FPS in the config to keep it staying smooth.

I still on and off play Burnout Paradise, to this very day - it's that game when I just need to race and zoom around, I can pick it up for about 30 minutes to an hour and just race. I suspect since NFS: MW 2012 feels very similar, this could happen w/ this game, as well.

I prefer NFS:MW over NFS: TR. Sure, I liked NFS:TR for its story, characters, and gameplay - but the replay value just really ain't much, unfortunately. I prefer NFS: Most Wanted 2005 + Carbon over NFS: TR.
I was able to tweak my settings to average around 45 fps and never drop below 30. Another technical problem (widespread) is that the even when you own the DLC it doesn't always register... some people have serious problems... after un/re-installing I was able to get Terminal Velcocity to show up half the time (and I feel it's the best DLC of the lot).

Replayability is hurt by the deficient/small map (mostly interconnected corridors, not a proper city layout like U2/MW/Carbon/BP... more like a micro sized version of the Hot pursuit map (imo, the HP 2010 map worked well for the supercar/racers-vs-pigs focus of HP 2010). Trying out a new car requires time-investment in unlocking the upgrades for it.

If you're interested in buying a vowel, I'll keep an eye out for you. ;)

BLAARGGH wolf among us episode 2's not out til after the holidays

curse this confangled episodic release cycle

CURSE IT TO HELL

I'm not starting it til they're all released.

Be very wary of spoilers, it's outstanding and would be a terrible waste to know what happens before hand.

This is the part where I'd normally link my review, but I'm on mobile so no spam today ;)

Be very wary of spoilers, it's outstanding and would be a terrible waste to know what happens before hand.

This is the part where I'd normally link my review, but I'm on mobile so no spam today ;)

Good lookin out, homie.

TL;DR :p

I completely agree. I've been tempted to almost buy it three times since it's release, but I'd rather play all five episodes consecutively without waiting "months" between episode releases. Essentially once all five (or however many) episodes are out is kind of like buying the GOTY version for these games. You most definitely get them cheaper and the complete season at that point.

It's probably a reason why I've held off on Kentucky Route Zero as well. That and the rare deep discount it's received since release. Oh yeah, and the fact it was released almost 10 months ago and only has 2 of the 5 Acts released. Wut!? I'll say it again... Wut!? I just don't get it. My backlog is too deep to be that dedicated even if it's insanely good. I'd have to replay all the previous episodes/acts to remember what was going on after that much of a time gap. It's like watching 2/5ths of a good movie for the first time or reading 2/5ths of a great new book, then waiting, getting the next 1/5th, and then having to rewatch\skim to get caught back up. (Edit: Although KRZ seems to be seperate stories with each Act or so I've read).

These types of games ask quite a lot out of the consumer. The Wolf Among Us might be worth it from what I've read and heard, but it's still kind of crazy. The waiting period is nutty. I think I read the last episode will come out Summer 2014? I wish it was closer to one new episode every 4-5 weeks. Oh well.

/end Friday night rant

/finish consuming Lagunitas IPA

I have been ignoring the Grid 2 giveaway stuff as I just picked up Grid/Dirt 3/Dirt Showdown from Amazon and figured that would suffice.  I then found myself sitting here at work on Friday night with not much to do so I fired it up. It got to the first pause and said "find the objects above" and I said "...what objects!?"  I assume the black bar on top of my window was supposed to display images or something.  My phone then chose that time to have a user call in so I had to assist them and then madly click all over the screen until it found 3 checkmarks.  Total time: 4:22.  

I have been ignoring the Grid 2 giveaway stuff as I just picked up Grid/Dirt 3/Dirt Showdown from Amazon and figured that would suffice. I then found myself sitting here at work on Friday night with not much to do so I fired it up. It got to the first pause and said "find the objects above" and I said "...what objects!?" I assume the black bar on top of my window was supposed to display images or something. My phone then chose that time to have a user call in so I had to assist them and then madly click all over the screen until it found 3 checkmarks. Total time: 4:22.
Don't worry... I won one when something like that happened (what I was supposed to be clicking did show, but the video didn't advance) and I had to click randomly. It gave me a time around 5 minutes iirc.

I don't post in here all that often or on CAG in general these days, but I just wanted to say this is one of my favorite threads and I love you all.

Pixel Piracy has been greenlit and you can download the full version through a torrent given by the developer and yes that is a legal source.

We aren't idiots, we aren't high. We believe that anyone who wants to pirate our game will do so anyways, and feel it's a much safer bet to offer those people the official link to our game in hopes that they keep their computer's virus free.

Other greenlit games that you can play for free if you missed my previous post.

Of Light & Shadow (Greenlit Page)

SUPERHOT (Greenlit Page)

I keep forgetting this, but has anyone that bought MouseCraft from the Not on Steam Sale received Steam keys. I know they later raised the price requirement to get Steam keys, but thought the early adopters were still going to get them.
I got it for a dollar from the developer site before it was greenlit and they emailed me a steam key when the game was on steam. You can try requesting for a steam key by emailing the developer ([email protected]) .

You've obviously never watched Fantastic Mr. Fox.

We've evolved, my dear squirrel.
Ha I love that movie, not because George Clooney is the voice actor for Mr. Fox but the script and humour is just one of the best adaption from Roald Dahl's novels.

Fantastic Mr. Fox's Trademark Whistle

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Jjbu0kSEuQQ[/youtube]

Ultra Street Fighter IV PC release in August 2014 (two months after console...)

Those who own Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition can upgrade for $14.99.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/12/05/capcom-cup-schedule-and-usfiv-release-information
The annual evo event is sandwich between the console and pc release date, what a bad timing for the fans.

This was for my second giveaway of the Backlog Demolisher & Community Events, but either all BGCQ already had it or didn't want it. Now its open for all CAGs who read the Steam Thread!

I wish they would wait until all their episodes were done, then release them bi weekly

That'd be a really good way to raise tension for the series, similar to how a tv drama would, while avoiding the dumb "welp that was good, now I have to wait for I don't know how long because Telltale didn't say when the next episode is coming out" annoyance that you deal with now.

Missed a few days...  Again.

Looks like I didn't miss much; bunch of crap deals all over the place and maybe the worst bundle ever at humble...

Starbound seem to blow the fuck up...  Anyone play it?  Is it any good?

That pretty much it?  Or is there something I need to know about?

Note: Marvel Puzzle quest released on steam btw...  (link) If I didn't play the fuck out of it on my tablet and/or I could move my team with a proper login/out feature I would be more excited about it...  but its pretty awesome for anyone looking at a free game to play on it.  (Still never spent a dime in it.)

Missed a few days... Again.

Looks like I didn't miss much; bunch of crap deals all over the place and maybe the worst bundle ever at humble...

Starbound seem to blow the fuck up... Anyone play it? Is it any good?

That pretty much it? Or is there something I need to know about?

Note: Marvel Puzzle quest released on steam btw... (link) If I didn't play the fuck out of it on my tablet and/or I could move my team with a proper login/out feature I would be more excited about it... but its pretty awesome for anyone looking at a free game to play on it. (Still never spent a dime in it.)
Regarding Starbound:

I have several friends who, in the past, always tried to get me to play those Minecraft-type games. 2d & 3d. I never cared for Minecraft or Terraria, or any of the other similar games whose names I can't remember.

That being said, I loaded up Starbound with a buddy last night and proceeded to dwindle away the next 3+ hours. It is very similar to Terraria's formula, but it improves on it in every way. I used to never care about crafting and exploring in these types of games because there was no purpose or direction. Starbound provides those things, and just feels a lot more fun.

Combat feels satisfying because enemies can actually be challenging with their crack-fueled AI. The disturbing enemy sound effects, and weapon hit sound effects really add to it as well. The crafting and quest menu are VERY welcome. It is easy to find the recipes for whatever it is you need to craft in those menus.

The only thing I don't like so far is that if you are in a party with someone, you both still have to complete quests. Meaning, if the quest is to create some item, you both have to create that item. The quest wont complete for you unless you create the item yourself. Its fine, but I guess Im just not used to that happening for multiplayer games.

I was regretting my purchase after I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my server hosting wasn't working. But once I got to play, it was well worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back