CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Steam Deals Thread,

I'm upgrading the video card on my brother's computer. The old one is ATI and the new one is Nvidia. Is it enough to just uninstall the ATI drivers from the control panel or is there more to it? I used to know this stuff but after a long time in console-land, I just plum forgot. Better to ask someone who knows instead of Jeeves or AltaVista.

Curiously yours,

"Nothing Out Of Bundles"
While computer on, uninstall ATI software. Copy the latest Nvidia exe to the desktop. Shut down, swap cards. Start computer, then double click the nvidia driver. The generic video driver should provide good enough resolution to get through all the menus and stuff.

[quote name="BrownDerby" post="11332803" timestamp="1386588055"]
Dear Steam Deals Thread,

I'm upgrading the video card on my brother's computer. The old one is ATI and the new one is Nvidia. Is it enough to just uninstall the ATI drivers from the control panel or is there more to it? I used to know this stuff but after a long time in console-land, I just plum forgot. Better to ask someone who knows instead of Jeeves or AltaVista.

Curiously yours,
"Nothing Out Of Bundles"[/quote]
You are going to want to Google removing AMD/ati drivers. Not in front of my computer right now to supply the post, but there are usually some pieces of the driver that is still around even after you do the uninstall. It's pretty easy takes about 10 minutes which most of that is reboots.

Then switch the cards and install new drivers. Windows should pick up the generic display driver to do the last part as previously mentioned.

Here is the link
http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/...-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

Bundle Bandits Indie Outbreak is live.

http://bundlebandits.com/

Fjong (Desura)
Puddle (Steam)
A.Typical RPG (Desura)
Reversion The Meeting 2nd Chapter - (Desura)
Dr Bulbaceous : Puzzle Solver (Desura)
Dead Hungry Diner (Steam)
Paradigm Shift (Desura)

Be careful when buying it, when you select one of the "donate" options, it'll add a donation fee on top of the $1 minimum payment. Don't click on any of the donation options if you want to only pay $1. Also, Dr Bulbaceous keys don't currently work, they show up as "expired".

Their site looks like a poorly-constructed scam.
So I guess I want this for $1. Improbably I don't own Puddle and in addition to looking interesting and frustrating, it has cardz. Everything besides Bulbaceous and Fjora is reruns. Anybody have his identity stolen by buying this yet?

Marvel Puzzle Quest is taking over my life. If you haven't played it yet, stay away, far, far away...
Hm. I played about a half-hour a few days ago. It seems like a decent Bejeweled clone but nothing extraordinary. If I can get away (and Inmate suggested that I can) with finishing the story without paying real $, I probably will. But I'm far more obsessed with Skyrim at the moment.

Marvel Puzzle Quest is taking over my life. If you haven't played it yet, stay away, far, far away...
played it, couldnt get into it

Hm. I played about a half-hour a few days ago. It seems like a decent Bejeweled clone but nothing extraordinary. If I can get away (and Inmate suggested that I can) with finishing the story without paying real $, I probably will. But I'm far more obsessed with Skyrim at the moment.
This i found much more addicting

GTA4 has achievements on GFWL, right? So is my logic faulty in thinking that once that shuts down next year, they might implement them on Steam, a la Bioshock 2? It would piss me off to do something like collectible-collecting on GFWL and then feel compelled to redo it on Steam.
You would really have to hate yourself to do alll the collectables in GTA IV once.... Twice? Shit, anyone considering doing that should see a therapist before they start cutting themselves...

Now, there's been some horrible collectables in gaming... Now, think of your top 3 to 5, add all of them all up and you might, just MIGHT, get the pigeons from GTA IV.

and there's so much to do - it can be quite overbearing, at times. It's the only GTA that I have not finished; I've played all GTA's from GTA3 up to last GTA4 DLC (TBOGT). And each GTA3 Trilogy game seems to have a mission that drives me bananas. For Vice City, it was the damn RC mission. Get by that - you should be fine.
Helicopter, right? If so I remember that... Now, I don't ever remember completing it but I remember the rage it caused.

Quick question, GF has GTA IV: Complete Edition for $6 including the 20% off code. Will it be cheaper during the Winter sale for Steam? I already own the GTA III Trilogy.
FWIW, I bought GTA Complete for $10 (after the 20% off) from GameFly during their Summer Sale. Better deal IMO, if you're lacking the other games.

Helicopter, right? If so I remember that... Now, I don't ever remember completing it but I remember the rage it caused.
That's funny; that's the mission I always bitch about whenever anyone brings up Vice City. I got stuck on it three different times. I kept coming back to VC because I love the '80s vibe and music but it would always lose me there. I actually bought the PS/2 version on my PS3 a couple of months ago to see whether I'd have better luck there, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Its really solid isn't it? :D

I think the patch only released on iOS but they are adding another chapter to the story soon... The first* weekly tournament of the week is for Dark Avengers (I have all of them... Just not leveled them up enough to make it work my while) so I've been knocking out the last few missions, and yeah, very doable but it is a grind. (Likely, less so if you only concentrate on a handful of characters.)

Out of the 'starter" heroes I can say that a team of Iron Man, Storm, and Black Widow is pretty awesome. You have all the color covered once all the powers are unlocked. (Storm's best; Green and Black; Iron Man's best, Red and Yellow, and Black Widow for the Blue and Purple.)

One thing of note that only named villains use the board like you do so Black Widow's blue power is less useful against fodder... but it will delay the timer countdowns (but when the fodder is all the same its really impossible to tell whose counter it is... so its not that useful.)

* The other weekly I'm doing quite good in... I'm around 60 overall in my group of 1000. (I might make out with a full set of 2 star Wolverine. Which would be nice.)

You would really have to hate yourself to do alll the collectables in GTA IV once.... Twice? Shit, anyone considering doing that should see a therapist before they start cutting themselves...

Now, there's been some horrible collectables in gaming... Now, think of your top 3 to 5, add all of them all up and you might, just MIGHT, get the pigeons from GTA IV.
Crackdown has you getting 800 orbs, some of which can only be seen from specific angles and then disappear. Then there's Infinite Undiscovery's "Compulsive" achievement, which has you collect one of every item in the game (including enemy drops). Oh yeah, and Lost Odyssey, where you have to open everything. Case in point is really that video game designers are secretly sadistic assholes.

Crackdown has you getting 800 orbs, some of which can only be seen from specific angles and then disappear. Then there's Infinite Undiscovery's "Compulsive" achievement, which has you collect one of every item in the game (including enemy drops). Oh yeah, and Lost Odyssey, where you have to open everything. Case in point is really that video game designers are secretly sadistic assholes.
Very much so... I will give credit to the Crackdown team for coming to their senses in Crackdown 2 with their radar ping. (Which they got from Sucker Punch and inFAMOUS.)

Anyhow, GTA IV has 200 pigeons... Each of which has to be shot, blew up, or set on fire... Each action will likely get the cops all over your ass. Its so tedious/frustrating...

But your right examples both prove me wrong, GTA IV isn't the worse, but is likely the worst ever done by a Western developer... The Japanese seem to love having those hellish collectables in their game.

I've done those stupid pigeons in GTA twice.

Assassin's Creed made you collect 400 or 500 flags with no reward and no way to keep track of em, that was pretty terrible.

I don't mind collectibles as much if there is little to no load times in a game.  Sleeping Dogs had zero load times so I would just zoom around the city like nothing and collected everything in that game (I think).

Dead Island is a game I really enjoyed, but the load times between zones was so long that it killed any desire for me to go back and get the stuff I missed the first time around.  Maybe if I do another play through.  

Ha...I got my free Grid 2 code today after clicking the final picture at 2:40 and being confused why the end of the race seemed longer yesterday. asheskitty mentioned the video being different every day...which made me wonder how people knew to click at 2:40 then. But I guess if it works, it works. I had a finishing time of 3:09. It really could be just the 100 worst times.

I didn't realize you had to destroy the pigeons in GTA4 to get credit for it.  Course, I never bothered, since I didn't really care for it.

To be honest, if you are going to have such things in a game, don't make it a PITA.

As for Marvel, it does seem a bit grindy, as the only way to advance your heroes is to collect their cards.  It makes some of the "bought" heroes difficult to advance, forcing you to keep to the base heroes most of the time.  I did "earn" Moonstone, who I use occasionally to eat up hit points, but I can't upgrade her because I need hero points to upgrade her powers.

I've done those stupid pigeons in GTA twice. Assassin's Creed made you collect 400 or 500 flags with no reward and no way to keep track of em, that was pretty terrible.
Yeah. I've usually gone after all collectables, but that game was a certain exception. It didn't help that a bunch of the flags were in the massively annoying "overland" section with its psychic archers. I did grab all of the Viewpoints, though.

Marvel PQ is decent enough. I just wish some things were explained better in regards to upgrades, recruiting and whatnot. It seems like it could be quite the grind to level up as well. Can this be played offline? It could be a good game to burn my lunch hour where I don't have internet.

Where's RS at? He popped in for a few posts during the sale then bounced again. I appreciate his opinions even if I don't always agree. He's the anti MysterD. We need that balance back.

Konami has let its license for SkullGirls lapse, so it's slated to be removed from PSN and XBL unless they have their self-published release ready in time. Since the Steam release is already self-published, it should be unaffected. Interesting nonetheless. http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/07/skullgirls-takedown-request-on-psn-xbla-issued-by-konami/
It's not so much that they let it lapse, it's just that the game devs got tired of Konami refusing to help them update the game on consoles. So they cut ties with them.

Konami asking that the game be removed is their way of getting back to them.

Oh the daily is The Darkness II for $7.50.

Yes, the Spanish review basically says "I heard of the site through epicbundle.com, signed up and bought the games and got my keys immediately. Whoever left a negative rating should explain why he did so to help out."

Regarding bundlebadnits:

If anybody is thinking of purchasing this be aware that the purchase email is sent with every single purchasers email address in the TO field. I've received an email with over 500 customer addresses visible to me.
Even if it isn't a scam, they certainly need to work on some things.

That's what I figured, I was just rather surprised to try and go to the site and see a big red warning in my way :/

EDIT: well NOW I think I get the rating, I'm not exactly wanting my email shared with hundreds and thousands of random individuals.

As for Marvel, it does seem a bit grindy, as the only way to advance your heroes is to collect their cards. It makes some of the "bought" heroes difficult to advance, forcing you to keep to the base heroes most of the time. I did "earn" Moonstone, who I use occasionally to eat up hit points, but I can't upgrade her because I need hero points to upgrade her powers.
Right, you are very much limited to the luck of the draw... I have a number of 3 star heroes now and I really don't use any of them regularly because I don't have them trained up. Also you really need to have lvl 2 on any character's power to really start to level up.

Example

Grey Suit Black Widow, I have her green and purple power (2 draws of her) and her max level is 18 while I have 3 star Spider-Man at level 25 because the same power is level 2. (His purple power; which makes him completely useless without another power to make web tiles.)

Nice snag on Moonstone. She's the only Dark Avenger I don't have. :)

Marvel PQ is decent enough. I just wish some things were explained better in regards to upgrades, recruiting and whatnot. It seems like it could be quite the grind to level up as well. Can this be played offline? It could be a good game to burn my lunch hour where I don't have internet.
If I lose connection with my tablet it stops working... I don't lose progress and I can finish the match but it reports in afterwards and that's where it hangs up.

I would be willing to answer any questions people have to the best of my ability...

Some general tips...

Don't hesitate to grab environmental tiles... (especially if you have a hero with a bonus going on. Critical can get insane on heroes with bonuses.)

You can chose who you attack by clicking on the pictures and rotating through them... Attack the important targets first. (Villains that heal teammates need to go first... Usually, even over a named villain. Villains that heal themselves, like Daken, can wait...)

Know what the damage is going to be... If you have a villain on the ropes but have a special lined up (or even a critical) don't hesitate to target a different foe first. (Make sure it makes sense... Letting a Lieutenant live to have him heal a 1000 health across all three foes isn't likely the smart choice.)

Timer tiles; if one is about to expire attack with the character you would most like to see take the damage... (You can protect your important character this way.)

Lastly, their is no draws... Surprisingly, it defaults to a win for you.

After seeing Angry Joe's Two Worlds 2 review, I wanted to pick it up. Steam's got a sale for the velvet edition, but the forums say there's a 3 download limit DRM on it!

Looks like I'll wait for a GOG sale :(

After seeing Angry Joe's Two Worlds 2 review, I wanted to pick it up. Steam's got a sale for the velvet edition, but the forums say there's a 3 download limit DRM on it!

Looks like I'll wait for a GOG sale :(
How many machines do you plan to activate it on? If you're just talking about downloading and reinstalling to the same machine, that's still only 1 activation.

How many machines do you plan to activate it on? If you're just talking about downloading and reinstalling to the same machine, that's still only 1 activation.
Me = duh.

I always thought that meant total downloads, regardless of which machine.

If that's the case, I might pick it up.

The info on Two Worlds 2 DRM (or some of the other Topware games for that matter) is all over the place. I remember back when it got Groupees bundled, Topware told Groupees that it had an activation limit of 10. I don't think anyone truly knows how many activations it and TW1 have.

The info on Two Worlds 2 DRM (or some of the other Topware games for that matter) is all over the place. I remember back when it got Groupees bundled, Topware told Groupees that it had an activation limit of 10. I don't think anyone truly knows how many activations it and TW1 have.
This is bullshit. When I buy a mediocre RPG, I want the ability to activate it on everything I own. Ever.

This is bullshit. When I buy a mediocre RPG, I want the ability to activate it on everything I own. Ever.
Eh, I kinda feel the same way about this kind of thing. I know MysterD's going to get in a tizzy but how many times am I really going to play a game that I have to be worried about activation limits in SecurROM? Mostly I only play a game once and then I shelve it until it has interesting DLC or I delete it from the HDD to make room for other things.

Besides I have the TW2 Royal Edition from when it was on sale for $20-30 on Amazon (?) or somewhere so I can look at my lady statue while playing solitaire with my deck of cards, reading my artbook, and randomly moving an input device on my mousepad with no activation limits. DRM, ShmeeRM!

Eh, I kinda feel the same way about this kind of thing. I know MysterD's going to get in a tizzy but how many times am I really going to play a game that I have to be worried about activation limits in SecurROM? Mostly I only play a game once and then I shelve it until it has interesting DLC or I delete it from the HDD to make room for other things.

Besides I have the TW2 Royal Edition from when it was on sale for $20-30 on Amazon (?) or somewhere so I can look at my lady statue while playing solitaire with my deck of cards, reading my artbook, and randomly moving an input device on my mousepad with no activation limits. DRM, ShmeeRM!
Yeah, DRM doesn't bother me with like, 90% of games, There are very few games I look to replay once I beat them. I mean, I have Two Worlds 2, but there are so many other RPGs out there that I honestly have doubts I'll ever get to it. I mean, I still have to play Morrowind. If I have a classic game like Morrowind still unplayed, you can bet Two Worlds 2 is a bit far down the list.

Yeah, DRM doesn't bother me with like, 90% of games, There are very few games I look to replay once I beat them. I mean, I have Two Worlds 2, but there are so many other RPGs out there that I honestly have doubts I'll ever get to it. I mean, I still have to play Morrowind. If I have a classic game like Morrowind still unplayed, you can bet Two Worlds 2 is a bit far down the list.
Well, yeah, but I think you missed my point about masturbating to a resin statue being a totally DRM-free experience.

Sang Froid has cards now.. Might wanna sell them while the prices are high, I made $2.26 after fees (game has 3 drops).

The only time DRM has negatively affected me is when Uplay updated their client.  The new client had a conflict with a website monitoring program I run in the background, so I have to disable it in order to play any Ubisoft games.  From Steam.   Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back