CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Helicopter, right? If so I remember that... Now, I don't ever remember completing it but I remember the rage it caused.
Yep - the mini RC helicopter mission @ the construction site.

EDIT:

TQ: Gold is awesome.

Fallout 1 + 2 are great.

That is all on that matter.

EDIT #2:

The info on Two Worlds 2 DRM (or some of the other Topware games for that matter) is all over the place. I remember back when it got Groupees bundled, Topware told Groupees that it had an activation limit of 10. I don't think anyone truly knows how many activations it and TW1 have.
There are times, I wish I'd have bought 2W1 and 2W2 from GOG - just so I don't have to deal w/ their homebrew DRM BS.

There's no need for either of those games to have that crappy DRM anymore - they're OLD; been dirt-cheap numerous times; and they've been in freaking bundles. Plus, GOG-version don't even deal w/ that crappy DRM.

EDIT #3:

How many machines do you plan to activate it on? If you're just talking about downloading and reinstalling to the same machine, that's still only 1 activation.
Depends. If you changed hardware; added new hardware; and/or change vid-card drivers sometimes DRM's constitute that as a change - and you'll need to do an online server reactivation. You'd have to find out exactly how each DRM works and what they actually do consider "changes."

EDIT #4:

The only time DRM has negatively affected me is when Uplay updated their client. The new client had a conflict with a website monitoring program I run in the background, so I have to disable it in order to play any Ubisoft games. From Steam. Bleh.
I've had programs get in the way of installing and activating PC games - i.e. Alone in the Dark (Eden Games reboot) & Borderlands 1. Securom's Internet activation DRM got in the way on both. Had to disable a program, just to get those activated.

That's just for starters, off the top of my head.

Well, I think I've quelled my immediate addiction to Starbound. Put in 24 hours since its release last Wednesday and I believe a character wipe is coming in the next patch which will hit in the next 24 hours if it hasn't already. Also found out that their pet system is going to basically be Pokemon, in space.

EDIT #4:
I've had programs get in the way of installing and activating PC games - i.e. Alone in the Dark (Eden Games reboot) & Borderlands 1. Securom's Internet activation DRM got in the way on both. Had to disable a program, just to get those activated.

That's just for starters, off the top of my head.
Borderlands' Securom is my worst experience with that crap. Ever.

Other games will ask you to activate it before playing. That's fine. But not Borderlands, no. You don't get a prompt to activate until you start using the DLC with the DRM. And you have no way of activating it while you're in the game BECAUSE YOU'RE IN THE GAME. I had to Alt+Tab and try to activate and it crashed the game.

I wish Gearbox would just relent and remove the DRM from the games' DLC. There's no point to it anymore. It's just an annoyance.

Borderlands' Securom is my worst experience with that crap. Ever.

Other games will ask you to activate it before playing. That's fine. But not Borderlands, no. You don't get a prompt to activate until you start using the DLC with the DRM. And you have no way of activating it while you're in the game BECAUSE YOU'RE IN THE GAME. I had to Alt+Tab and try to activate and it crashed the game.
Yep - I had to Alt+Tab, as well - just to get to the pop-up box to activate the DRM.

I do have Borderlands: GOTY on Steam - so, there's NO reason for that version to still use Securom; especially since the game's old now.

Yes, I know you can boot BL Steam-version w/out Steam going (run EXE from game-folder w/ Steam closed - it works) - but I'd rather they just add Steamworks DRM and ditch Securom. Securom Internet-activation style DRM just flat-out sucks. I never had problems w/ the disc-base Securom, but their Internet-activation DRM is annoying & atrocious.

I wish Gearbox would just relent and remove the DRM from the games' DLC. There's no point to it anymore. It's just an annoyance.

kinow what screw it i just take d and retake it with him next semster and not make excuse lol i aint even done halfway got less than a day to be done lol and aint got time to finish the shit theere no fucking way i will be done and it would be shitty grammar anyway 

kinow what screw it i just take d and retake it with him next semster and not make excuse lol i aint even done halfway got less than a day to be done lol and aint got time to finish the shit theere no fucking way i will be done and it would be shitty grammar anyway
There's nothing wrong with takin the d' tebow, if that's what you wanta do.

surriously tho, if you need schoolwurk dun you should probably de-cag-ify yourself for the night or sumpin

im not one to talk tho i should be writing a paper

but i have a stellar b- so screw it

I do have Borderlands: GOTY on Steam - so, there's NO reason for that version to still use Securom; especially since the game's old now.
Borderlands GOTY is just Borderlands with all four DLC packs as Downloadable Content, so it's not a separate "application", so to speak.

I don't think Gearbox will ever remove the DRM. They're too busy milking Borderlands 2's DLC to care.

Honorary "Take A D" Code Drop

[customspoiler='DiRT 2']KJ7C5-QLCVZ-Y83MJ[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Dollar Dash']KJ73H-VXC0I-KC7BF
KJ6QV-9V5PP-TA6LF
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Dark: Fall: Lost: Souls:']36TLE-G580N-ZCLHB[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Doc Clock and the something something']0F9WH-7QLV9-LJJIF[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='...and because no code drop is complete without it']Hydrophobia Prophecy: GJ3N6-C4L8R-2A53R[/customspoiler]

In some of these cofes, I have not-so-secretly replacef Ds with Fs to fit the unferlying theme, so please afjust your copy&pasting accorfingly.

Honorary "Take A D" Code Drop

[customspoiler='DiRT 2']KJ7C5-QLCVZ-Y83MJ[/customspoiler]

In some of these cofes, I have not-so-secretly replacef Ds with Fs to fit the unferlying theme, so please afjust your copy&pasting accorfingly.
Thanks, got dirt2!

Hey guys I just got a new pc so i can finally start experiencing pc gaming.  I'm looking forward to playing skyrim and downloading some mods.  Do you guys know what has been the lowest price skyrim has been on steam?  GMG has it for $19.99 atm and has a 20% off code that I'm not sure can be applied to it.  If it's been under $15 before on steam then I think I'll just wait for the winter sale for the lower price.

Thanks.

Hey guys I just got a new pc so i can finally start experiencing pc gaming. I'm looking forward to playing skyrim and downloading some mods. Do you guys know what has been the lowest price skyrim has been on steam? GMG has it for $19.99 atm and has a 20% off code that I'm not sure can be applied to it. If it's been under $15 before on steam then I think I'll just wait for the winter sale for the lower price.

Thanks.
don't get it. Wait like, 2 weeks, when all the winter sales start. The legendary edition (comes w/all dlc) has been cheaper than 20 before, and skyrim base game has been around 7.50

Hey guys I just got a new pc so i can finally start experiencing pc gaming. I'm looking forward to playing skyrim and downloading some mods. Do you guys know what has been the lowest price skyrim has been on steam? GMG has it for $19.99 atm and has a 20% off code that I'm not sure can be applied to it. If it's been under $15 before on steam then I think I'll just wait for the winter sale for the lower price.

Thanks.
Steamgamesales.com

Thanks.

don't get it. Wait like, 2 weeks, when all the winter sales start. The legendary edition (comes w/all dlc) has been cheaper than 20 before, and skyrim base game has been around 7.50

Wasn't somebody selling a code for all the TES games for like $18 in the trade thread?

Wasn't somebody selling a code for all the TES games for like $18 in the trade thread?
Yeup. They bought the anthology just cuz they wanted the maps or something like that, so were selling morrowind/oblivion/skyrim goty versions for 18 bucks.

If I didn't already own all elder scrolls shit, i'd have jumped on that like crazy

$7.50 WOW, good thing I didn't buy it yet lol. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah if you're used to buying things for consoles...you got a bit to learn haha. Everything is a gazillion times cheaper on PC, and sales are more frequent. It's to the point where 5 bucks for a single game seems expensive.

Mooby said:
When someone openly drops codes you got like 10 seconds max to grab them.
Plus I'm lazy and it's just easier to buy everything.

indef said:
Regarding bundlebadnits:

Even if it isn't a scam, they certainly need to work on some things.
Yeah, I received an email from them with over 500 email addresses in the to line, 3 minutes later I received the same email addressed to "undisclosed recipients"

Yeah, I received an email from them with over 500 email addresses in the to line, 3 minutes later I received the same email addressed to "undisclosed recipients"
So I should use my "send-me-free-stuff-in-return-for-spam" gmail account to acquire Puddle for $1. Got it.

Woo! Grid 2 steam key showed up in my email today! Glad I won a key before the promotion was over.

If anyone was curious I clicked the final item at 2:40 and got a final time of roughly 3:09

Edit: I should note the win was from yesterday. I just got the email today.

Darn-it - I think I won Saturday.

Yesterday, got message that I had won a race when hopping on the Grid 2 giveaway page.

Still no key here in any of my mail - spam, new, recently deleted, anything. :(
I don't know how you'd receive a message that you won a race on the facebook page. The winners are selected after the day is over for that specific race, meaning it should be impossible to be notified if you won on the spot. Chances are that you didn't win if you didn't get an email. I'd keep trying until you win a key.

I don't know how you'd receive a message that you won a race on the facebook page. The winners are selected after the day is over for that specific race, meaning it should be impossible to be notified if you won on the spot. Chances are that you didn't win if you didn't get an email. I'd keep trying until you win a key.
When I sign in on Facebook account and hop on Grid 2 giveaway page and hit "Enter"...

...it says: "You have already won a race. This is a practice race."

I'm guessing being told you "won the race" is different than winning an actual key.  I don't remember seeing anything saying I had won a race but my key showed up the next day.  It was addressed to "Suck a Derick" but I was all like, "fuck it.  I'm cashing this bitch in and squealing some tires."

Hm.. seems like you need to delete cookies then, or try using a different browser.
No, people have won and had trouble finding the email. Probably went to his spam or something and he needs to find it (unless he has settings to auto delete spam, then he's sol).

If the game has been telling him he won since Saturday then he likely won for Friday's race.

When did you win?

It says I won a race - but I ain't seen a key hit my e-mail yet! :(

Darn-it - I think I won Saturday.

Yesterday, got message that I had won a race when hopping on the Grid 2 giveaway page.

Still no key here in any of my mail - spam, new, recently deleted, anything. :(
It's there, under "All Mail". That's the only setting that the email showed up for me. Here's the email info so you can search for it:

Subject: Congratulations! You've won a GRID 2 Steam Code courtesy of Intel

[email protected] via mail62.wdc03.rsgsv.net
Using a different email won't help unless you mask your IP as well, as the game will not let you play from same IP with a different email. There is also the possibility that it sent the code to a different email that you used instead of the one you "verified" by clicking the link. It did that to me, sent the code to the address I used when I signed up for the Facebook account, rather than the one that got the "confirm your subscription" email. Just take a moment to breath, think about it, and you'll figure out where the code went to. But, yes you won, you just have to find where it sent it too.

No, people have won and had trouble finding the email. Probably went to his spam or something and he needs to find it (unless he has settings to auto delete spam, then he's sol).

If the game has been telling him he won since Saturday then he likely won for Friday's race.
I'm gonna assume he's not that stupid, and checked his spam folder. I didn't realize it defaults to that message if you won a key. If he didn't get an email I guess the only choice he has is to use a different facebook account and try to win again. In that case, I would use a different email provider though.

I'm gonna assume he's not that stupid, and checked his spam folder. I didn't realize it defaults to that message if you won a key. If he didn't get an email I guess the only choice he has is to use a different facebook account and try to win again. In that case, I would use a different email provider though.
Never assume...

{MysterD shrug}
135223886246.gif

Can anyone comment on whether it's better to play Gothic 3 on Steam fully patched, or to use the GOG version with Community Patch 1.73???
Not sure, but I would think the community patch. They've been working on that since the game released, vs the "official" gothic 3 support, which I'm sure dwindled off years ago.

Truthfully I think I hit a moment of insanity. I had a really bad day at work and when I get home my roommate tells me to cheer up as he got me an early Christmas gift. He hands me a receipt letting me know he placed a pre-order for a PS4 for me.

A PS4 that won't arrive till 12/16.

At a Toys R Us.

That I have to fully pay for.

Sigh . . .

Truthfully I think I hit a moment of insanity. I had a really bad day at work and when I get home my roommate tells me to cheer up as he got me an early Christmas gift. He hands me a receipt letting me know he placed a pre-order for a PS4 for me.

A PS4 that won't arrive till 12/16.

At a Toys R Us.

That I have to fully pay for.

Sigh . . .

It's the thought that counts? lol...

What do you guys think of Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2? I can get both on steam for 8 bucks but ignore the small amount of cash: are they genuinely fun games? 

Can anyone comment on whether it's better to play Gothic 3 on Steam fully patched, or to use the GOG version with Community Patch 1.73???
The Community Patch works with the Steam version and it's pretty much essential given the number of bugs and awful design elements in the last official patch version.

So this idea has been brought a number of times, and it's gotten some interest, and it was just brought up again in one of Tebow's chatz: Would anybody like to participate in a holiday gift exchange? If so, send me a PM, and I'll use a random number generator to assign who buys a gift for who, and PM everybody with who they have to buy a gift for. I guess the way it would work is something like we exchange gifts the day after the Steam holiday sale ends. Five dollar spending limit, I guess I'd recommend updating your wishlists in order of what game you want so who ever has to get you sum sweet thang knows what you want most. Soooo lemme know if this is something dat interests u.

What do you guys think of Two Worlds and Two Worlds 2? I can get both on steam for 8 bucks but ignore the small amount of cash: are they genuinely fun games?
Haven't played either, but from what I've heard, Two Worlds is terrible while Two Worlds 2 is a solid, passable, if unspectacular, RPG. However, it has been bundled a number of times. So has Two Worlds 1. You can probably get it cheaper in the trading forums.

I think the original Two Worlds was an abortion of a game. Two Worlds 2 is actually so bad it's good. Just disable the motion blur and it's a blast to play through. The voices are horrible, the controls are horrible, every thing is horrible . . . but you can't stop playing.

http://youtu.be/8Zix71MTTLY?t=45s

The above link starts at 45 seconds in. Watch until 3:19 for laughs.

I got bored of Two Worlds 2 after about five or six hours.  It just seemed extremely generic.  Even more so than Oblivion.  The world was sufficiently large enough but mostly uninteresting.  There are better arpgs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back