CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I kept up my shield, I went slow. I feel I was behaving very cautiously. I won't pretend I knew jack shit about the combat though. I did my best. Maybe if I watch a walkthrough it'll open my eyes to what I did wrong.

Can someone tell me what you actually lose when you die, that green blob thing that you can pick back up? How bad is it if I don't wanna go back there to pick it up? I think the game just called it power or something. I tried to look up some tips and directions but it's too much. I should just stick to western RPGs.

I'm the worst.
Just reading through your responses brought me back to my first moments with Dark Souls. I heard so much about it and thought I was ready for a challenging game. The game played way differently than I was expecting. A couple of hits can kill you, stamina is taken on almost every action, and it all felt klunky or archaic. I would play for 30 min to an hr and have to turn it off lol.

One day after - all that initial dying - I began to learn enemy patterns, the timing/range of my weapon and the importance of weight/speed. Once I got to the blacksmith I can officially say I really began to like the game.

Quick question are you playing on the PC?

In the spirit of giving I have:

Fuel:  0EVHK-XW?EV-GW9RY (Steam)

Aztaka: JG3MP-FYI7Z-OJE?X-UKJAA (Shiny Loot)

Gravi: IZH84-374WW-W?XA2-H2G18 (Shiny Loot)

Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded: JBJVH-Z7I?L-5RVNZ-53UG4 (Shiny Loot)

I kept up my shield, I went slow. I feel I was behaving very cautiously. I won't pretend I knew jack shit about the combat though. I did my best. Maybe if I watch a walkthrough it'll open my eyes to what I did wrong.

Can someone tell me what you actually lose when you die, that green blob thing that you can pick back up? How bad is it if I don't wanna go back there to pick it up? I think the game just called it power or something. I tried to look up some tips and directions but it's too much. I should just stick to western RPGs.

I'm the worst.
Also, what class were you playing as? That can have a huge impact on a first playthrough.

Everyone should love a human fish tamagochi, no? :mrgreen:

seaman-540x217.jpg
There was a moment when one of them attached his antenna thing to the other one and drained the life out of him and then the other one just died and floated to the top and then I went to Electronics Boutique to return it.

Since I will probably be out of town most of the winter holidays, and since the thread will grow 50 pages every day during the actual Steam Winter sale, I'd like to dump some random Steam codes here.

Each code will have an asterisk (*) which will have a hint following the code. The * will be a certain letter in the name of a Steam CAG Thread poster, and the hint will describe either the poster's personality or avatar.

Enjoy!

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: E2N*B-2ZD94-FADX7
*2nd letter: Won a steam box. Now everyone hates him or wants to be him.

And Yet It Moves: 2VG8I-AWQ7G-*C5EY
*1st letter: The voice of reason against recent trolls. Gets trolled anyway.

Satazius: *KW3I-7ZGMC-V7YA3
*2nd letter: I need rosetta stone to understand his posts.

Fairy Bloom Freesia: E2E9L-7QFWX-W8V*Q
*1st letter: Seems to hate commonly popular indie games. Objection!

Crusader Kings II: E2*ZH-5LPWQ-C8KEH
*1st letter: May have mafia ties in the ukraine... somehow finds time to review lesser known games. also our favorite panda.

Showdown Effect: *448P-Y5G40-VR3H4
*2nd letter: Avatar reminds me of PSY... so I hate him.

Ether Vapor Remaster: E2EPW-*G2TK-IC66R
*Master of Happy Hour

Cognition Ep 1: 2*X54-45B75-T5BIK
*3rd letter: Loves burgers... perhaps too much. Also loves epic multi quote posts.

Alien Hallway: 8XGFH-9K*FE-EDBX8
*1st letter: Left CAG because his pictures kept getting reported. Obsessed with Secret World and wrote a 64 page research paper on it; always willing to link to his report whenever the topic comes up.

Zombie Shooter: 8XTW0-PQTML-D*G92
*1st letter: Wages a lonely eternal war against DRM. Also might be a robot.

Zombie Shooter 2: 8W4NQ-5VE*P-76ZYZ
*1st letter: Loves to play lesser known games; started the BGCQ craze.

Serious Sam HD: 0H*65-F7J4V-5Q7F4
*2nd letter: the last metroid is in captivity. the galaxy is at peace.

Serious Sam HD 2: 3R96*-JZVBV-685RG
*1st letter: Connoisseur of driving games. Back from hiatus.

War of the Roses: Kingmaker: PXVA9-EE8G*-MJDQM
*2nd letter: Graces the beginning of every steam sale with his classic guide for steam sales.

Warlock: RNJYN-JFQ*K-38VRC
*2nd letter: 6 months old with DD's.

Showdown Effect: J7GHA-BAN5*-EM9DP
*1st letter: Hates every game and console peasants. Rare is the day when he praises a game.

Europa Universalis: 78IX*-GQJ5C-CW35W
*1st letter: Has beaver fever

Chains: T*KXJ-0Y6ZB-JTRQQ
*2nd letter: All hail Geoff Keighley

McPixel: *5J44-AD4L9-IE03J
*1st letter: Wears a tophat. Uses quizzes and riddles for his code drops so that he can secretly educate us.

Thomas was Alone: *J8V8-N32MF-DQGCE
*1st letter: Hates Lost Planet. Might be a zombie.

Dead Space: RM73X-IYXTA-AFEA*
*1st letter: Father of Carl Grimes

Crysis 2 Maximum: Z*I8Y-ZFK89-H9W8F
*2nd letter: Ellie's foster father

Mirror's Edge: YM3NP-CD3*6-RXYR2
*2nd letter: serious business monkey

Kung fu Strike: ZGJK7-0DB6C-VC*QP
*4th letter: Everyone's favorite turian

Zeno Clash: 4N6*T-EQIP2-0W2EQ
*1st letter: Leaving for Hoggwarts!

Waking Mars: 7F*IW-HVYIB-CRQ07
*1st letter: Gives us updates on Greenlit games and other news

Warlock: Master of the Arcane: KNNZ2-N776N-MWFT*
*1st letter: Fuzzy pickles!

The Maw: K9*C0-FDALD-95BPC
*1st letter: Talks like a drug dealer, most likely living in suburbia with a white picket fence.

Huntsman Orphanage: 3M6L0-WX6DR-5*3JF
*3rd letter: name of a genetically altered old man, avatar looks like a young asian girl. The discrepancy blows my mind. Dare I say... ironic???

39 Steps: BB5AG-YKQ5Q-J*LFQ
*1st letter: Kamehame Ha!
Thanks for Huntsman and Warlock. To make up for not posting earlier here is some codes.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
7XBWB-IXEAK-NW9QE

Splice
WYB6G-EDBPQ-0FG6G

Crayon Physics Deluxe
VVJK7-K58XY-CCXXF

Nightsky
VVHZG-QK59N-CXIFC

Waking Mars
0YDT0-QW5JI-JWLDE

Legend of Grimrock
VR2AP-D2YDA-DI8GG

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
GRLLR-ZVTYC-HJQIR

Trine 2: Complete Story
LFRPJ-4J3CI-CRBVR

Mark of the Ninja
RRE0P-YMPNX-YFT6J

Dead Space
MN3NG-FTTEX-654IB

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
AQGXY-DKHA6-NG66D

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
ZKLTN-GFADJ-47ZHA

Titan Quest
NH3NC-NBYKF-9FEPI

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
L6LA0-ZJTTE-202WT

I think the class was called Wanderer. And yeah I'm playing on PC.
you should be pyromancer...pyromancy spells are really useful in dark souls and you dont need to spend levels on it like you do w magic or miracles for better spells

Thanks for Huntsman and Warlock. To make up for not posting earlier here is some codes.

7XBWB-IXEAK-NW9QE

Splice
WYB6G-EDBPQ-0FG6G

Crayon Physics Deluxe
VVJK7-K58XY-CCXXF

Nightsky
VVHZG-QK59N-CXIFC

Waking Mars
0YDT0-QW5JI-JWLDE

Legend of Grimrock
VR2AP-D2YDA-DI8GG

GRLLR-ZVTYC-HJQIR

LFRPJ-4J3CI-CRBVR

Mark of the Ninja
RRE0P-YMPNX-YFT6J

Dead Space
MN3NG-FTTEX-654IB

AQGXY-DKHA6-NG66D

ZKLTN-GFADJ-47ZHA

Titan Quest
NH3NC-NBYKF-9FEPI

L6LA0-ZJTTE-202WT
So many code drops today/tonight! I already have everything from here that I want...thanks though!

Wanderer's not bad, fairly balanced starting out. I started out as a Pyromancer on PS3, though I may start over on PC with a Sorcerer or Cleric. Or maybe not.
Next time i play I want to do a strength/sorcery build

I never really did strength...I want to get smough's hammer, you get his buttslam move if you craft it. But you have to have like, level 50 strength to use it

Next time i play I want to do a strength/sorcery build

I never really did strength...I want to get smough's hammer, you get his buttslam move if you craft it. But you have to have like, level 50 strength to use it
I'm not much of a strength only type player, but a hybrid build does seem fun. I really liked the Pyromancer, but kind of had to restrain from spamming fire spells as they are pretty powerful once you get the better ones. The Cleric has always interested me and I dig magic users, but I I'm not sure if I'm up for a Sorcery only playthough. I've been putting off kicking up another RPG from my library and all this recent talk I think has me setting some up for the holiday. Probably do a 'quick' run through a rebuilt Skyrim then buckle down for some Demon/Dark Souls.

Edit: and regarding weapons...I loved my Lightning Claymore, but I think my favorite was my Divine Balder Side Sword. You don't want to know how long it took me to farm that thing.

Edit 2: Which is something else I love about Dark Souls. The fact that all the different weapons have different move sets. That, IMO is so cool.

Edit: Another tip is you really need to think about how you level your character...different weapons have different scales. For a beginner, a good weapon to use is just buy a scimitar from the vendor in undead berg. Then get the drake sword (watch a video on how to do that). Focus on leveling up your dexterity, and level up your strength just enough to use the drake sword. In the mean time, start upgrading the scimitar - it has a decent scaling w/dexterity and a quick moveset, which is good for beginners because it gives you more time to rebound from a mistake than the laborious swings of a hammer or a great sword. About midway through the game, you can use a certain boss soul to turn the scimitar into a sword which makes the rest of the game a (relative) cakewalk
That's too much information to give a new player, discovery is a large part of what makes Dark Souls good. The Drake Sword is something of a beginner's crutch, and the method most new players use to obtain it is practically an exploit (not actually, but very few low level players would actually think to get it without being told)

To anyone starting the game: It's understandable to look up basic tips about how game mechanics work but if you are looking up videos how to find special weapons on your first play through, I think you are doing yourself a disservice.

I played it up until the roof gargoyles, and it just got too hard for me.
If you're in human form there, you can summon somebody right outside the fog wall to help you - makes that fight much easier

That's too much information to give a new player, discovery is a large part of what makes Dark Souls good. On top of that, the Drake Sword is something of a beginner's crutch, and the method most new players use to obtain it is practically an exploit (not actually, but very few low level players would actually think to get it without being told)

To anyone starting the game: It's understandable to look up basic tips about how game mechanics work but if you are looking up videos how to find special weapons on your first play through, I think you are doing yourself a disservice.
Yeah I wouldn't do that normally, but if they're about to give up on the game throwing them a major tip might cheat a bit but get them on the right track without completely spoiling the game.

So, you were still in the Undead Asylum (starting area)? I nearly gave up on Dark Souls while in the starting area, but decided to plod on. Once you get to Undead Burg and get some better gear it gets immensely better.

Edit: Also, the game forces you to learn enemies and their attack habits and patterns. This is not a hack and slash game by any means. The combat definitely requires a certain amount of skill as blocking, parrying, dodging and attack timing are all important to implement.
Maybe my problem is worrying about losing souls. Should I just not sweat losing souls to bosses? Is part of the fun supposed to be learning the boss patterns?

Dark Souls easy mode = tank

It makes the game a joke. Just tap the swing button and murder everything. Get hit? Doesn't matter because you are a tank. Didn't even know how to parry until the final fight. Not as fun as learning everything, but can help when you get stuck to the point of wanting to quit.

Maybe my problem is worrying about losing souls. Should I just not sweat losing souls to bosses? Is part of the fun supposed to be learning the boss patterns?
Calling it fun can be subjective, but unless you already know what to do, it's almost certainly a necessity to study boss encounters. And yeah, I had to forget about my soul count when approaching bosses. What I would do is if there was something I needed the souls for, I would just grind the amount I wanted, use them, then go for the boss knowing I'd likely fail a few times.

9 times out of 10 most bonfire runs to bosses are incredibly short after you've unlocked all of the shortcuts in a level so if you have a considerable amount of souls you should be spending them. If you've cleared the entire area and are approaching a boss with several levels worth of souls, go level up at the bonfire, and do a boss run. Most enemies on the way are easy enough to avoid. That way you're fighting bosses with close to zero souls and you don't have much to worry about if you fail beyond the walk back.

What u got against da sun?
I'm a ginger. Not only that but sunlight makes me sick. As little as 20 minutes of strong sunlight is enough to make me sick. I have to be quite mindful and plan accordingly. So if you're asking me what I've got against the sun...

Calling it fun can be subjective, but unless you already know what to do, it's almost certainly a necessity to study boss encounters. And yeah, I had to forget about my soul count when approaching bosses. What I would do is if there was something I needed the souls for, I would just grind the amount I wanted, use them, then go for the boss knowing I'd likely fail a few times.
This. When you aren't carrying many souls/humanity you don't have much to lose. I'd try to spend/grind to afford before boss fights so that my losses would be minimal.

I'll add on the giveaway train.

Alien Shooter 2 reloaded

JF2KF-AHV8C-A3GLB-OLKL2

Aztaka

JINTS-8RIT8-LBTTX-2ZWYQ

both for shinyloot

New Borderlands 2 Shift Code like Gimmick:

LootTheWorld (Android, iOS) is a new Mobile app that lets you shoot QR codes to get a (mobile) inventory of BL2 loot, you'll then need stamps (also a QR code reward) to move that loot into your game.  It seems like they will be tweeting special QR codes (sorta like shift codes) to redeem.  Example (expired)

I just tested this with my 2013 Nexus 7 successfully.  Shooting random QR codes from google images turned up mostly whites and a couple greens.  I imagine the main use is for redeeming the new QR shift-like codes.

iOS link keep breaking, this is it
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loot-the-world/id6916112648

Thank you men.

^^^ since you're playing on dark souls on pc I wanted to know if you're using a controller and are you using the dsfix? I feel both are crucial for having fun with this game. For the first half of my first play through I used a spear+shield combo as it allowed me to guard and attack simultaneously. Help me survive until I got a decent amount of lvls and could afford a hit or two while trying out parries/rolling.

On topic:

I didn't make it to the winter sale :(

gave in on amazon's skyrim sale...will be sad if the winter sale is much better.

New Borderlands 2 Shift Code like Gimmick:

LootTheWorld (Android, iOS) is a new Mobile app that lets you shoot QR codes to get a (mobile) inventory of BL2 loot, you'll then need stamps (also a QR code reward) to move that loot into your game. It seems like they will be tweeting special QR codes (sorta like shift codes) to redeem. Example (expired)

I just tested this with my 2013 Nexus 7 successfully. Shooting random QR codes from google images turned up mostly whites and a couple greens. I imagine the main use is for redeeming the new QR shift-like codes.
The app seems interesting. I also scanned a bunch of random codes and was worried about filling up the app's inventory, thinking that the only way to get rid of an item would be to use a stamp. Turns out that you can easily delete an item by swiping it away.

Have you tried scanning your own QR Code? I'm wondering if you get better loot from those and how many scans they're valid for.

EDIT: Orcz has some purple, e-tech, and legendary codes up already.

The app seems interesting. I also scanned a bunch of random codes and was worried about filling up the app's inventory, thinking that the only way to get rid of an item would be to use a stamp. Turns out that you can easily delete an item by swiping it away.

Have you tried scanning your own QR Code? I'm wondering if you get better loot from those and how many scans they're valid for.

EDIT: Orcz has some purple, e-tech, and legendary codes up already.
Thanks for that, no not yet. Some smaller QR codes aren't recognized. The app makes self-checkout scanners feel user friendly... I can't seem to get it to like anything on the orcs page.

Like I said before, I don't post in here as often, but I'm gonna pop in and drop keys every once in a while and dish out a few likes here and there. It's the least I can do.

7XBWB-IXEAK-NW9QE

Splice
WYB6G-EDBPQ-0FG6G

Crayon Physics Deluxe
VVJK7-K58XY-CCXXF

Nightsky
VVHZG-QK59N-CXIFC

Waking Mars
0YDT0-QW5JI-JWLDE

Legend of Grimrock
VR2AP-D2YDA-DI8GG

GRLLR-ZVTYC-HJQIR

LFRPJ-4J3CI-CRBVR

Mark of the Ninja
RRE0P-YMPNX-YFT6J

Dead Space
MN3NG-FTTEX-654IB

AQGXY-DKHA6-NG66D

ZKLTN-GFADJ-47ZHA

Titan Quest
NH3NC-NBYKF-9FEPI

L6LA0-ZJTTE-202WT
This was actually me on his account. You're welcome, guys. ;) (the scare tactics worked!)

7XBWB-IXEAK-NW9QE

Splice
WYB6G-EDBPQ-0FG6G

Crayon Physics Deluxe
VVJK7-K58XY-CCXXF

Nightsky
VVHZG-QK59N-CXIFC

Waking Mars
0YDT0-QW5JI-JWLDE

Legend of Grimrock
VR2AP-D2YDA-DI8GG

GRLLR-ZVTYC-HJQIR

LFRPJ-4J3CI-CRBVR

Mark of the Ninja
RRE0P-YMPNX-YFT6J

Dead Space
MN3NG-FTTEX-654IB

AQGXY-DKHA6-NG66D

ZKLTN-GFADJ-47ZHA

Titan Quest
NH3NC-NBYKF-9FEPI

L6LA0-ZJTTE-202WT
Thank you for the drop, I took Tiny & Big.

I don't have much to give, but here's Awesomenauts: EBBJG-8K5RA-0Q7I5

Nod. And a few odd games save into their steam-install folder (e.g. Sleeping Dogs). The reason I use Dropbox is so that I can (1) roll back game saves to any point in the last 30 days, and (2) easily sync across 'puters (better than steamy cloud).

Gamesave manager is a useful supplement to dropbox for my purposes, not a replacement.
That is a brilliant idea. Seriously. Thanks for mentioning this. I've struggled with steam cloud saves not syncing between PCs before and everything would be backed up as well. Hallelujah. :bow:

Since I will probably be out of town most of the winter holidays, and since the thread will grow 50 pages every day during the actual Steam Winter sale, I'd like to dump some random Steam codes here.

Each code will have an asterisk (*) which will have a hint following the code. The * will be a certain letter in the name of a Steam CAG Thread poster, and the hint will describe either the poster's personality or avatar.

Enjoy!

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: E2N*B-2ZD94-FADX7
*2nd letter: Won a steam box. Now everyone hates him or wants to be him.

And Yet It Moves: 2VG8I-AWQ7G-*C5EY
*1st letter: The voice of reason against recent trolls. Gets trolled anyway.

Satazius: *KW3I-7ZGMC-V7YA3
*2nd letter: I need rosetta stone to understand his posts.

Fairy Bloom Freesia: E2E9L-7QFWX-W8V*Q
*1st letter: Seems to hate commonly popular indie games. Objection!

Crusader Kings II: E2*ZH-5LPWQ-C8KEH
*1st letter: May have mafia ties in the ukraine... somehow finds time to review lesser known games. also our favorite panda.

Showdown Effect: *448P-Y5G40-VR3H4
*2nd letter: Avatar reminds me of PSY... so I hate him.

Ether Vapor Remaster: E2EPW-*G2TK-IC66R
*Master of Happy Hour

Cognition Ep 1: 2*X54-45B75-T5BIK
*3rd letter: Loves burgers... perhaps too much. Also loves epic multi quote posts.

Alien Hallway: 8XGFH-9K*FE-EDBX8
*1st letter: Left CAG because his pictures kept getting reported. Obsessed with Secret World and wrote a 64 page research paper on it; always willing to link to his report whenever the topic comes up.

Zombie Shooter: 8XTW0-PQTML-D*G92
*1st letter: Wages a lonely eternal war against DRM. Also might be a robot.

Zombie Shooter 2: 8W4NQ-5VE*P-76ZYZ
*1st letter: Loves to play lesser known games; started the BGCQ craze.

Serious Sam HD: 0H*65-F7J4V-5Q7F4
*2nd letter: the last metroid is in captivity. the galaxy is at peace.

Serious Sam HD 2: 3R96*-JZVBV-685RG
*1st letter: Connoisseur of driving games. Back from hiatus.

War of the Roses: Kingmaker: PXVA9-EE8G*-MJDQM
*2nd letter: Graces the beginning of every steam sale with his classic guide for steam sales.

Warlock: RNJYN-JFQ*K-38VRC
*2nd letter: 6 months old with DD's.

Showdown Effect: J7GHA-BAN5*-EM9DP
*1st letter: Hates every game and console peasants. Rare is the day when he praises a game.

Europa Universalis: 78IX*-GQJ5C-CW35W
*1st letter: Has beaver fever

Chains: T*KXJ-0Y6ZB-JTRQQ
*2nd letter: All hail Geoff Keighley

McPixel: *5J44-AD4L9-IE03J
*1st letter: Wears a tophat. Uses quizzes and riddles for his code drops so that he can secretly educate us.

Thomas was Alone: *J8V8-N32MF-DQGCE
*1st letter: Hates Lost Planet. Might be a zombie.

Dead Space: RM73X-IYXTA-AFEA*
*1st letter: Father of Carl Grimes

Crysis 2 Maximum: Z*I8Y-ZFK89-H9W8F
*2nd letter: Ellie's foster father

Mirror's Edge: YM3NP-CD3*6-RXYR2
*2nd letter: serious business monkey

Kung fu Strike: ZGJK7-0DB6C-VC*QP
*4th letter: Everyone's favorite turian

Zeno Clash: 4N6*T-EQIP2-0W2EQ
*1st letter: Leaving for Hoggwarts!

Waking Mars: 7F*IW-HVYIB-CRQ07
*1st letter: Gives us updates on Greenlit games and other news

Warlock: Master of the Arcane: KNNZ2-N776N-MWFT*
*1st letter: Fuzzy pickles!

The Maw: K9*C0-FDALD-95BPC
*1st letter: Talks like a drug dealer, most likely living in suburbia with a white picket fence.

Huntsman Orphanage: 3M6L0-WX6DR-5*3JF
*3rd letter: name of a genetically altered old man, avatar looks like a young asian girl. The discrepancy blows my mind. Dare I say... ironic???

39 Steps: BB5AG-YKQ5Q-J*LFQ
*1st letter: Kamehame Ha!
I missed all of this in real time, but that was a very creative way to drop codes. Those hints were awesome sauce. Surprisingly I think I could answer all of them. Which might be a sign that I read this thread far too often, for better or worse. :whistle2:

I wrote this post about my favorite FF games in the PSN thread... only to be ridiculed quite quickly for writing such a long post :( Oh well, that's why I post mostly in here. :)

As for non-mainline FF games, Crisis Core is probably my favorite, followed closely by FF Tactics and Mystic Quest. I don't know why... Mystic Quest, as dumb as it was, holds a special place in my heart.
Great overviews. I tend to agree with your thoughts here. Although I did like FFVIII probably more than most people. It's been so long since I've played any of those that I'm not sure why, but it's probably all just nostalgia related reasons now.

Mystic Quest... Holy smokes. I think that has to be my favorite non-mainline FF game. For some reason that game would error/freeze on my SNES more times than I could shake a stick at. I even had my SNES "repaired" just so I could get back to playing MQ. I remember buying it around Halloween of '92 and saying screw trick or treating I'm playing this.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were great too.

I never played Crisis Core though. I heard good things about it but at the time of it's release (2007) I hadn't played a FF game in years. I still haven't played one since. Sad. Too much backlog goodness now.

The Final Fantasy series is where I first unknowing realized what grinding was all about (no, not that kind :shame:, THAT kind came later in life). I believe I averaged about 65-70 or so hours a play through for most FF games, good grief. I did develop a good multitasking system eventually.

{Sigh} I should've listened to my parents, "Turn that DAMN thing off and study!"

Mystic Quest... Holy smokes. I think that has to be my favorite non-mainline FF game. For some reason that game would error/freeze on my SNES more times than I could shake a stick at. I even had my SNES "repaired" just so I could get back to playing MQ. I remember buying it around Halloween of '92 and saying screw trick or treating I'm playing this.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were great too.
All the Squeenix talk in this thread made me start playing Chrono Trigger DS. :lol: Just played it for six hours straight. First time playing the first game, and it's awesome. DS mode with its touch screen makes getting through menus so much easier.

I also agree about Mystic Quest. The last time I played it, I glitched a monster arena and was level grinding my way to 100. Something about if you take out the last enemy and die at the same time, you wake up at the Inn and you glitch the arena to have 255 battles. Then just set your turbo controller on, and bathe in the tears of your enemies. >:)

What does Valve give you if you own all of that stuff already?

{ponders this}

{ponders the meaning of life}
Ok, I can answer this now.. the games got added to my account today. You get extra copies for Half Life 2/Episodes, and maybe Portal, but not anything else. I had previously gotten extra copies for most of those, so I only got an extra gift copy for Half-Life 2 today. Now I don't know what to do with it. Who doesn't have HL2 already?

EDIT: I think I'm missing some titles that they were supposed to have added. I don't have CS Go, or CS Condition Zero yet.

EDIT 2: I'm missing Left 4 Dead 1 as well, I checked a profile for another participant and he was missing a huge chunk of valve games. Hopefully they all get added later. They promised "all valve titles" lol.

EDIT 3: Beatbuddy is missing, I'm sure they're not done adding games yet.

Ok, I can answer this now.. the games got added to my account today. You get extra copies for Half Life 2/Episodes, and maybe Portal, but not anything else. I had previously gotten extra copies for most of those, so I only got an extra gift copy for Half-Life 2 today. Now I don't know what to do with it. Who doesn't have HL2 already?
I'll take your Steambox. You're not gonna use it anyways.

My thoughts on the Final Fantasy series:  It is a love-hate relationship.

I remember buying Final Fantasy one on release day.  I saved up money from allowance and odd jobs to get it and made my mother drive me to the store.  I played the shit out of all summer.  FF1, along with the old AD&D Gold Box Series, was my first jump into RPGs.  Loved them.  Played the first one SEVERAL times.  I actually didn't play another FF until VII came out.  It was a radical change for me, not so much because of the jump to 3D polygons, but more so because it left the old style fantasy for something that had a more sci-fi feel.  I didn't like it at the time.  I do now though.

VIII was okay.  It had a weak villain though.  IX wasn't bad.  Like somebody said previously...a bit too juvenile.  XII was a travesty.  XIII was okay.  Haven't played XIII-2. 

I'm waiting for the re-release of X and X-2.  I played a little bit of X and remembered liking it.

I didn't play VI until way late but I LOVED it.  Kefka was awesome.  So was the opera house scene.

Crisis Core was really good.  Emotional ending for sure.

To be honest, my absolute favorite Final Fantasy game is the PSP remake of Tactics (War of the Lion).  What a great freaking game!

This was actually me on his account. You're welcome, guys. (the scare tactics worked!)
Since this is obviously Blade, I shall now drop a bunch of Desura keys as well.

Eleusis
OKNBJ-C6KP7-E1DZ4-7HLV6-YVP2P

Fairy Bloom Freesia
1C5F-236F-14AC-1833-161B

Paranautical Activity
QO24T-V7AI3-1HZGP-T8E4P-U2S7I

Radical Roach
QRW34-NU67X-23B66-C9D42-H147N

Guncraft
6F2A6-1ACC2-BA456-FAF93-0E04A

Particulars
4B5K0-O05RT-93WAW-MBZAC-VJZMB

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
4DT46-985QW-Z1RFE-HWSUC-B0D93

I also have some humble gift links but I can't post those yet.

I took McPixel from the earlier drop, forgot to post before heading to work.  Gonna try and drop some codes every day leading up to Christmas:

Crayon Physics Deluxe

37PXF-88F2Q-CHF8X

Eufloria

5XB20-LWB4K-J2BKQ

Splice

CDQGN-0ZAWE-QWMM7

If someone wants to tell me how to do that fancy "quote for key" thing to avoid lurkers, so much the better.  But I won't lose sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back