CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
<- Christmas this
I'm running out of ideas and stupid clip art:

[customspoiler='Kinda looks like Ozzy now']
Cgl4CLI.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Hey Squirrel face - I challenge thee

eb1dd671f873bb98687e3aad9bacdebe07757695_full.jpg

I was too lazy to do it myself and just googled for a christmasy cat-atar, but I must admit I miss the old duds. Help a brother out with a festive new look?

I am going by his first post of the thread it says Steam will show Yesterday's Deals for 48 hours. So yes I am a very perceptive Ninja apparently you can't read.
Awwwwww...somebody had piss with his cheerios. I hope I draw your name in the Christmas game exchange so I can make you a merry ninja!

I ain't played SR4, but certainly do want to...eventually.
It's not without its Saints Row charm. But then you regularly hit parts where, inexplicably, the developers said "You know what people are REALLY looking for out of their random criminal mayhem? Shitty platformer games!" and make you hop up a dozen floating thingies or do some racing/jumping nonsense because that's WAY more fun than shooting cops with a laser or ice blasts.

On balance, I liked SRTT more just because it actually kept the game to the same thing you were playing for in the first place: shooting shit and jacking cars.

Hey Squirrel face - I challenge thee

eb1dd671f873bb98687e3aad9bacdebe07757695_full.jpg

I was too lazy to do it myself and just googled for a christmasy cat-atar, but I must admit I miss the old duds. Help a brother out with a festive new look?
Tried my best so at least I could say I did, but it didn't turn out well:

[customspoiler='y u gotta have a hard pic']
NSaBEuM.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I am going by his first post of the thread it says Steam will show Yesterday's Deals for 48 hours. So yes I am a very perceptive Ninja apparently you can't read.
Chances are the OP hasn't been updated in a few days, so the deals listed in it have already expired.

I can buy my current Steam Wishlist for $1,556.23.  Or someone can buy it for me.  Just sayin' as the holiday season is here.  Turn me JShackles green with your pocket change.

I can buy my current Steam Wishlist for $1,556.23. Or someone can buy it for me. Just sayin' as the holiday season is here. Turn me JShackles green with your pocket change.
If you buy it over the holiday sale you can probably get all dat for around 750 max

But you probably won't you cheap bastard

I can buy my current Steam Wishlist for $1,556.23. Or someone can buy it for me. Just sayin' as the holiday season is here. Turn me JShackles green with your pocket change.
Well the problem is that by the time you're played through 20% of it, it'll have dropped substantially...

I'm feeling the joy ITT, got some keys I'd like to give away:

PM if interested

Guardians of Middle-earth

Batman: Arkham Origins DLC

Mortal Kombat Kollection

Trine 2: Complete Story

Brutal Legend

It's not without its Saints Row charm. But then you regularly hit parts where, inexplicably, the developers said "You know what people are REALLY looking for out of their random criminal mayhem? Shitty platformer games!" and make you hop up a dozen floating thingies or do some racing/jumping nonsense because that's WAY more fun than shooting cops with a laser or ice blasts.

On balance, I liked SRTT more just because it actually kept the game to the same thing you were playing for in the first place: shooting shit and jacking cars.
Every Saints game has this problem.

Some of the activities just aren't good.

It's something you start loathing as a completionist, but doesn't affect playing through the main game very much.

Every Saints game has this problem.

Some of the activities just aren't good.

It's something you start loathing as a completionist, but doesn't affect playing through the main game very much.
Yeah, but the activities I disliked in SRTT were easier to ignore/avoid than the shitty platforming mechanics of SRIV which it seems to try to shoehorn in repeatedly.

Never saw PoP movie. I often am not thrilled w/ games becoming movies - they usually don't turn out well. Even Silent Hill movie - which was one of the better game-to-movie translations, IMHO - wasn't even that good.

It's just hard for a game to be a great movie, since games are so long - and movies likely only last 1 hr 30 minutes to sometimes 3 hours. That ain't enough time - most games are much bigger and much grander, often in the 6 hours to God knows what ballpark. Plus, often the interaction element us players love - yeah, that won't be in the movie. Ick.
I agree, quite a few fighting games (except Mortal Kombat which I think is still ok) that were made into movies have cheesy storyline, The King of Fighters, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li etc. Those movie directors tried to have something different but it just upset the fans and non-gamers, well that's Hollywood.

Thanks for that! Yeah I should probably give it a shot on my 76Hz IPS monitor (2209WA, I'm an IPS die-hard, never bought a TN display, oh all the TN display's I've used I've only found two acceptable, a 17" NEC and a newer 22" HP). Yes, FPS used to be a killer, I remember, especially before 60 Hz solid fps. For me, it really varies, narrow FOV is bad for me. First-person camera is bad (over-the-shoulder is usually fine). Bouncy cameras suck (e.g. FO3). The more I have to look around (e.g. Portal & Tomb Raider Anniversary... and some very small bits in AssCred) the worse it is. This never happens to me in driving games (where the space is open, and the camera's movement is fairly slow).

At the moment I'm in a holding pattern on buying monitors... since I'm really curious about the $800 Dell P2815Q. On the 120 Hz monitor front, I'm really hoping Nvidia's Gsync technology takes off quickly... something I've been advocating for a long time... there's no fundamental reason for LCDs to have fixed refresh rates.

There's another factor that you glossed over, which is input lag on LCD displays. This is a major factor... you can really feel input lag even in normal day-to-day precision mousing. I'd been eyeing a U2313hm for that reason (though my U2412hm is no slouch).

For those who believe 60 Hz is enough, try this:

Just on the desktop of your computer, move the mouse around in a quick circle... you're see the individual positions of the mouse cursor 17 ms apart.
I prefer IPS panel over TN panel too, they have better color accuracy. Personally I like H-IPS but e-IPS panel is still much better than TN panels.

It was good advice, nothing more.
why don't we

2684183_300.jpg

and then smoke this
NVTech_peop1348.jpg

Since I will probably be out of town most of the winter holidays, and since the thread will grow 50 pages every day during the actual Steam Winter sale, I'd like to dump some random Steam codes here.

Each code will have an asterisk (*) which will have a hint following the code. The * will be a certain letter in the name of a Steam CAG Thread poster, and the hint will describe either the poster's personality or avatar.

Enjoy!

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: E2N*B-2ZD94-FADX7
*2nd letter: Won a steam box. Now everyone hates him or wants to be him.

And Yet It Moves: 2VG8I-AWQ7G-*C5EY
*1st letter: The voice of reason against recent trolls. Gets trolled anyway.

Satazius: *KW3I-7ZGMC-V7YA3
*2nd letter: I need rosetta stone to understand his posts.

Fairy Bloom Freesia: E2E9L-7QFWX-W8V*Q
*1st letter: Seems to hate commonly popular indie games. Objection!

Crusader Kings II: E2*ZH-5LPWQ-C8KEH
*1st letter: May have mafia ties in the ukraine... somehow finds time to review lesser known games. also our favorite panda.

Showdown Effect: *448P-Y5G40-VR3H4
*2nd letter: Avatar reminds me of PSY... so I hate him.

Ether Vapor Remaster: E2EPW-*G2TK-IC66R
*Master of Happy Hour

Cognition Ep 1: 2*X54-45B75-T5BIK
*3rd letter: Loves burgers... perhaps too much. Also loves epic multi quote posts.

Alien Hallway: 8XGFH-9K*FE-EDBX8
*1st letter: Left CAG because his pictures kept getting reported. Obsessed with Secret World and wrote a 64 page research paper on it; always willing to link to his report whenever the topic comes up.

Zombie Shooter: 8XTW0-PQTML-D*G92
*1st letter: Wages a lonely eternal war against DRM. Also might be a robot.

Zombie Shooter 2: 8W4NQ-5VE*P-76ZYZ
*1st letter: Loves to play lesser known games; started the BGCQ craze.

Serious Sam HD: 0H*65-F7J4V-5Q7F4
*2nd letter: the last metroid is in captivity. the galaxy is at peace.

Serious Sam HD 2: 3R96*-JZVBV-685RG
*1st letter: Connoisseur of driving games. Back from hiatus.

War of the Roses: Kingmaker: PXVA9-EE8G*-MJDQM
*2nd letter: Graces the beginning of every steam sale with his classic guide for steam sales.

Warlock: RNJYN-JFQ*K-38VRC
*2nd letter: 6 months old with DD's.

Showdown Effect: J7GHA-BAN5*-EM9DP
*1st letter: Hates every game and console peasants. Rare is the day when he praises a game.

Europa Universalis: 78IX*-GQJ5C-CW35W
*1st letter: Has beaver fever

Chains: T*KXJ-0Y6ZB-JTRQQ
*2nd letter: All hail Geoff Keighley

McPixel: *5J44-AD4L9-IE03J
*1st letter: Wears a tophat. Uses quizzes and riddles for his code drops so that he can secretly educate us.

Thomas was Alone: *J8V8-N32MF-DQGCE
*1st letter: Hates Lost Planet. Might be a zombie.

Dead Space: RM73X-IYXTA-AFEA*
*1st letter: Father of Carl Grimes

Crysis 2 Maximum: Z*I8Y-ZFK89-H9W8F
*2nd letter: Ellie's foster father

Mirror's Edge: YM3NP-CD3*6-RXYR2
*2nd letter: serious business monkey

Kung fu Strike: ZGJK7-0DB6C-VC*QP
*4th letter: Everyone's favorite turian

Zeno Clash: 4N6*T-EQIP2-0W2EQ
*1st letter: Leaving for Hoggwarts!

Waking Mars: 7F*IW-HVYIB-CRQ07
*1st letter: Gives us updates on Greenlit games and other news

Warlock: Master of the Arcane: KNNZ2-N776N-MWFT*
*1st letter: Fuzzy pickles!

The Maw: K9*C0-FDALD-95BPC
*1st letter: Talks like a drug dealer, most likely living in suburbia with a white picket fence.

Huntsman Orphanage: 3M6L0-WX6DR-5*3JF
*3rd letter: name of a genetically altered old man, avatar looks like a young asian girl. The discrepancy blows my mind. Dare I say... ironic???

39 Steps: BB5AG-YKQ5Q-J*LFQ
*1st letter: Kamehame Ha!
damn I knew 28 of these, I spend way too much time on here for a person with a huge backlog.

What u got against da sun?
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22781]

Ok, I can answer this now.. the games got added to my account today. You get extra copies for Half Life 2/Episodes, and maybe Portal, but not anything else. I had previously gotten extra copies for most of those, so I only got an extra gift copy for Half-Life 2 today. Now I don't know what to do with it. Who doesn't have HL2 already?

EDIT: I think I'm missing some titles that they were supposed to have added. I don't have CS Go, or CS Condition Zero yet.

EDIT 2: I'm missing Left 4 Dead 1 as well, I checked a profile for another participant and he was missing a huge chunk of valve games. Hopefully they all get added later. They promised "all valve titles" lol.

EDIT 3: Beatbuddy is missing, I'm sure they're not done adding games yet.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won too, but apparently it was already shipped to Tunisia.
just kidding

You know, I'm really frustrated with how few of the games I buy I'm actually playing a decent chunk of.

I'll sometimes play an hour or two after I buy one, then get distracted and move on to something else. By the time I return to the game, I've forgotten the gameplay mechanics and story. This happened most recently with "The Witcher".

I need to focus on a game. I'm looking at the titles I've gotten the farthest along on, and have narrowed it down to:

State of Decay, The Witcher, Sleeping Dogs, STALKER, Far Cry 2, and Two Worlds (which I'm actually enjoying).

Maybe I should leave my fate in the CAG community's hands. Which game do I play next, and focus on?
[customspoiler="You should definitely play this first; "][customspoiler=.]Worst[/customspoiler]GOTY
banner_67.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I'm worse. I'm the guy who will put a single song on repeat and leave it that way for hours. And in my money saving days while unemployed, I ate nothing but Ramen noodles for 8 months straight. (And I still like 'em.)
I ate Ramen noodles for a year, I detest them now. lol

The peace and harmony will only last until a console peasant asks if he should play COD:Ghosts or Zumba Fitness first... I kid I kid :)

Also, congratulations to spoderman and MrNinjaSquirrel for getting 25 of my hints correct!
As requested, here are the rest of the answers:

spoderman: Won a steam box. Now everyone hates him or wants to be him.

pasports: The voice of reason against recent trolls. Gets trolled anyway.

tebowdragon: I need rosetta stone to understand his posts.

RollingSkull: Seems to hate commonly popular indie games. Objection!

JakeNome: May have mafia ties in the ukraine... somehow finds time to review lesser known games. also our favorite panda.

Neuro5i5: Avatar reminds me of PSY... so I hate him.

Cheaplikeafox 3.0: Master of Happy Hour

sunasun: Loves burgers... perhaps too much. Also loves epic multi quote posts.

Idiotekque: Left CAG because his pictures kept getting reported. Obsessed with Secret World and wrote a 64 page research paper on it; always willing to link to his report whenever the topic comes up.

MysterD(erick): Wages a lonely eternal war against DRM. Also might be a robot.

Motoki: Loves to play lesser known games; started the BGCQ craze.
*someone mentioned Motoki may not have actually started the craze... maybe hal or Sasquatch did?

walkonshadows: the last metroid is in captivity. the galaxy is at peace.

asheskitty: Connoisseur of driving games. Back from hiatus.

BigSpoonyBard: Graces the beginning of every steam sale with his classic guide for steam sales.

Blade: 6 months old with DD's.

Mooby: Hates every game and console peasants. Rare is the day when he praises a game.

TheEnd: Has beaver fever

snakeybro: All hail Geoff Keighley

MrNinjaSquirrel: Wears a tophat. Uses quizzes and riddles for his code drops so that he can secretly educate us.

DrabeLincoln: Hates Lost Planet. Might be a zombie.

pantsattack: Father of Carl Grimes
*apparently MulderYuffie also changed his avatar from Kenny to Rick, so that worked too... but for the code drop to work, it'll need to use pantsattack's name :)

Deuterium7: Ellie's foster father

hal: serious business monkey

InmateOfArkham: Everyone's favorite turian

Flowette: Leaving for Hoggwarts!

louiedog: Gives us updates on Greenlit games and other news

EarthboundX5: Fuzzy pickles!

MIND LINK: Talks like a drug dealer, most likely living in suburbia with a white picket fence.

Solid-Snake-Eyes: name of a genetically altered old man, avatar looks like a young asian girl. The discrepancy blows my mind. Dare I say... ironic???

Ikeda Teramasu: Kamehame Ha!
CGOTY candidate here
Creative Giveaway Of The Year.

five dollar spending limit, don't buy from glitches/flash sales to prevent double buying. give the gift to your giftee as soon as you buy

i'll assign errybody people to buy for in the next day or or two
before I sell my silver reward codes, is it okay to give away Thief as the gift?

in all fairness, due to sunasun's moonshine obsession, liquor is mentioned almost daily
best restaurant ever has
STILLHOUSE.jpg
and
819%20S%2004.JPG

I got my Steam account back today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whee:

Code Drop
Killing Floor https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ncwfwFpKAMaFEHe8
Zeno Clash https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=2cpkkayXXG5cb5de

I agree, quite a few fighting games (except Mortal Kombat which I think is still ok) that were made into movies have cheesy storyline, The King of Fighters, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li etc. Those movie directors tried to have something different but it just upset the fans and non-gamers, well that's Hollywood.

I prefer IPS panel over TN panel too, they have better color accuracy. Personally I like H-IPS but e-IPS panel is still much better than TN panels.
I rather liked Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (1994, animated), and MK (live action), but yeah, most others fall well short of Hong Kong Cinema.

/agree on displays.

GamesRadar came out with their Top 25 Games of the Year earlier today.

I can't argue with the top 3 after playing them. I loved them all enough to say it could be a three-way tie for me (and no I'm not trying to be the anti-Mooby). :D I just like too much stuff for my own good.

Plus, c'mon, how could I ever slight The Last of Us ;). One of my favorite levels was the redesigned SLC downtown, it was kind of surreal to play through. That's all I'll say on the that though, because PC master race and all, right?

I can't argue with the top 3 after playing them. I loved them all enough to say it could be a three-way tie for me (and no I'm not trying to be the anti-Mooby). :D I just like too much stuff for my own good.

Plus, c'mon, how could I ever slight The Last of Us ;). One of my favorite levels was the redesigned SLC downtown, it was kind of surreal to play through. That's all I'll say on the that though, because PC master race and all, right?
Don't let the Squirrel read this. He has a blood vendetta against TLOU. I enjoyed it on the otherhand.

Edit:

Oooh, that list is making me want a Wii U.

On a side note, I get spammed by GamesRadar stuff because I had to like them to enter the Wolf game giveaway. And I am quite happy about it. Enjoy most of their articles so I guess their little stunt worked :)

GamesRadar came out with their Top 25 Games of the Year Console Peasant Edition earlier today.
ftfy

As a PC-only gamer that list looks rubbish... and picking Gone Home as best Indie Game... umm... okay. (Coulda just put it in best avant-garde game, without slighting indie games.) I'm not saying that some of their choices aren't solid, but... GT6 for best racing game also puzzles me since most reviews I've read slam it pretty hard.

ac4 number 7? dat shit even ain't in my top 10 lol.

It's in my top 1.
ur asleep half the time ur on that game hahahaha. Thats how boring it is!

Front Mission Evolved is $2.48 on gamersgate. Not a bad game, pretty fun action mech action, kinda like transformers. Its a steam code too ^_^

This bums me out. I haven't played a single one of those games. Ah well, that's what I get for moving to NZ armed with a crappy $400 laptop. Sure I could have played them on my girlfriend's Xbox, but I'd much rather play them on a PC. That and the prices on video games (even used) are outrageous here.

I'm not really jonesing to play any of them immediately, except for Bioshock: Infinite. I'm a big fan of the series and since I had the first Bioshock spoiled for me by a troll link on YTMND back in 2007, I have been doing my darnedest to avoid any major details/spoilers for BS:I. It was nigh impossible for the first month after release as almost every gaming publication had reviews/editorials/opinion pieces on it. Everybody here talking about how terrible the shooting mechanics are is a real bummer though. I keep telling myself that it can't be THAT bad...

This bums me out. I haven't played a single one of those games. Ah well, that's what I get for moving to NZ armed with a crappy $400 laptop. Sure I could have played them on my girlfriend's Xbox, but I'd much rather play them on a PC. That and the prices on video games (even used) are outrageous here.

I'm not really jonesing to play any of them immediately, except for Bioshock: Infinite. I'm a big fan of the series and since I had the first Bioshock spoiled for me by a troll link on YTMND back in 2007, I have been doing my darnedest to avoid any major details/spoilers for BS:I. It was nigh impossible for the first month after release as almost every gaming publication had reviews/editorials/opinion pieces on it. Everybody here talking about how terrible the shooting mechanics are is a real bummer though. I keep telling myself that it can't be THAT bad...
They're not that bad, but they're not good either. You're lucky, some asshole spoiled it for me in a thread title in the general section (not game specific) on SPUF 2 weeks BEFORE release. Oh, and he did the same on several other forums.

Early morning/middle of the night Merry Christmas key drop in the spirit of imac2much:

[customspoiler=Killing Floor] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=26Sm3KCPuT78mZ*S 

*=First letter of my real name

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Dwarfs?!] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=RRazhhFhV4Mc6Tw*

*= First letter of Marky Mark's hometown [/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Zeno Clash] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zV*cXYMVEyNS3EyN

*= First letter of animal on the cover of PS3 exclusive game about photography

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Faerie Solitaire] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=VBhdycX8C8xdmBY*

*=First letter of the name of a certain CAG's pennies

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Natural Selection 2] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=pKZh54*F2M7CwVxn

*=Number of Wu-Tang Chambers - 30

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler="Magicka + 2DLC"] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MG3nYDMA*aNSM5r4

*=First letter of last name of the NFL's most often injured tight end.[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet] *RNMA-P239V-PTE77

*=Number of Wu-Tang Chambers/4

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=And Yet It Moves] CWILT-L3XZ4-GDF*C 

*=First letter of first rapper to die of AIDs

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time] 9L4QY-*LV75-RY2TL

*=First letter of *

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Plain Sight] G842G-FA***-FVDQT

***=Name of Eminem Song with numbers and letters

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Snuggle Truck] *9FLV-XZ23F-8I7HK

*First letter of horrible creature movie I'm watching right now on SyFy.  Title has 4 letters and it's cold related.  Another name for a creature featured in Christmas movie.  Also, my favorite froyo shop in Seattle has it in its title.   

[/customspoiler]

Early morning/middle of the night Merry Christmas key drop in the spirit of imac2much:

[customspoiler=Killing Floor] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=26Sm3KCPuT78mZ*S

[/customspoiler]

*= First letter of Marky Mark's hometown [/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Zeno Clash] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zV*cXYMVEyNS3EyN

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Faerie Solitaire] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=VBhdycX8C8xdmBY*

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Natural Selection 2] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=pKZh54*F2M7CwVxn
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler="Magicka + 2DLC"] https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MG3nYDMA*aNSM5r4
*=First letter of last name of the NFL's most often injured tight end.[/customspoiler]

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=And Yet It Moves] CWILT-L3XZ4-GDF*C
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time] 9L4QY-*LV75-RY2TL
*=First letter of *
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Plain Sight] G842G-FA***-FVDQT
[/customspoiler]

*First letter of horrible creature movie I'm watching right now on SyFy. Title has 4 letters and it's cold related. Another name for a creature featured in Christmas movie. Also, my favorite froyo shop in Seattle has it in its title.
[/customspoiler]
I pm'd you with all of the answers, does this mean I get a $10 free game? ;)

[/customspoiler]

*= First letter of Marky Mark's hometown [/customspoiler]

[/customspoiler]

[/customspoiler]

[/customspoiler]

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=And Yet It Moves] CWILT-L3XZ4-GDF*C

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time] 9L4QY-*LV75-RY2TL

*=First letter of *

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Plain Sight] G842G-FA***-FVDQT

[/customspoiler]

*First letter of horrible creature movie I'm watching right now on SyFy. Title has 4 letters and it's cold related. Another name for a creature featured in Christmas movie. Also, my favorite froyo shop in Seattle has it in its title.

[/customspoiler]
Got Zeno Clash, Dwarfs and NS2

Thanks!

I think the only games I played on the GamesRadar list were...

Bioshock: Infinite (#3 on their list)

and Tomb Raider [2013] (#2 on their list), hehe. ;)

I got that arkham origins/last of us black friday bundle...can't wait to play last of us. As soon as I got my PS3 though I had to run out and buy Demon's Souls. I was such a huge Dark Souls fan that Demon's Souls being a PS3 exclusive is what really pushed me to get one

Edit: About the list -

-wow, Tomb Raider #2? Much higher than I would've anticipated. Now I need to get around to playing that thing...

- Okay, maybe I need to get a 3ds...5 of their top 25 are 3ds exclusives. That's pretty insane if you think about it. The entire rest of the list had 6 system exclusives combined - 1 for ps3, 2 for wii u, 1 for vita, and 2 for pc

-pretty surprised papers please didn't make the list, given the way people have raved about it

Same here, although I plan to start AC IV if the Skyrim DLC doesn't hit 75% off in the next week or so.
Hehe, you quoted me before my edit!

I also played TR 2013. :D

EDIT:

I just recently bought Dragonborn from Amazon DVG when it was 75% off - couldn't resist.

Ain't touched it yet.

Still missing Dawnguard + Hearthfire.

Same here, although I plan to start AC IV if the Skyrim DLC doesn't hit 75% off in the next week or so.
I want to play AC IV so bad.

The gaming scene is starved for decent pirate games, let alone one that's a top 10 goty.

Hehe, you quoted me before my edit!

I also played TR 2013. :D

EDIT:

I just recently bought Dragonborn from Amazon DVG when it was 75% off - couldn't resist.

Ain't touched it yet.

Still missing Dawnguard + Hearthfire.
This. Really wish Dawnguard/Hearthfire would hit dat 75%.

The gaming scene is starved for decent pirate games, let alone one that's a top 10 goty.
Oh, ain't that the truth.

I did like Sid Meier's Pirates remake, but there wasn't really many great pirate games. That was a game to kick around for 10 hours - then, just go away once it begins to feel repetitive.

Age of Pirates: CT wasn't that great, either - too repetitive. After a few hours, I was done w/ it.

While I liked Risen 2 quite a damn bit, it just wasn't spectacular. PB just ain't done a ground-breaking masterpiece RPG since Gothic 1, IMHO. I have this feeling for me, they'll never top Gothic 1.

I want to play AC IV so bad.
Oh, I definitely want to play that, too.

But, I probably should play AC3 first.

Plus, I'll probably have an interest in seeing how soime of the AC4 Season Pass content turns out, as well.

I think I can wait a bit, before scooping up AC4 + Season Pass - likely, when they get MUCH cheaper. ;)

EDIT:

This. Really wish Dawnguard/Hearthfire would hit dat 75%.
Me too!

I'm currently in the midst of Far Cry 3 - so everything else is on "hold", for now.

Dragonborn's in the backlog (since it hit that magic 75% off), for now - I really want the other Skyrim DLC's!

Oh, ain't that the truth.

I did like Sid Meier's Pirates remake, but there wasn't really many great pirate games. That was a game to kick around for 10 hours - then, just go away once it begins to feel repetitive.
Completely agree here. My mom got it for me for my birthday when i was a teen...it was soooo much fun for, like you said, about ten hours. Then you go...oh...this is all you do...

While I liked Risen 2 quite a damn bit, it just wasn't spectacular. PB just ain't done a ground-breaking masterpiece RPG since Gothic 1, IMHO. I have this feeling for me, they'll never top Gothic 1.
Confession: I haven't played any of the gothic OR risen games. Blergh. I'd say they're near the top of the list, but so many games are "near the top of my list" now that the top of my list must be 30 games deep

Oh, I definitely want to play that, too.

But, I probably should play AC3 first.

Plus, I'll probably have an interest in seeing how soime of the AC4 Season Pass content turns out, as well.

I think I can wait a bit, before scooping up AC4 + Season Pass - likely, when they get MUCH cheaper. ;)
I was of the same mindset, but I really haven't heard ANYTHING all that great about asscreed3 that makes me want to play it. I'd rather skip the snoozefest (not to mention revolutionary war american era is like, THE most boring historical time to make an Asscreed game for) and head for the sweet pirate game that seems to have breathed new life into the series

Me too!

I'm currently in the midst of Far Cry 3 - so everything else is on "hold", for now.

Dragonborn's in the backlog (since it hit that magic 75% off), for now - I really want the other Skyrim DLC's!
Funnily enough, I own Dawnguard/Hearthfire on Xbox. Neither of them is spectacular, but I want them for mods purposes and because elder scrolls is my favorite game series ever, so I'd like to collect them all on PC for just the sake of having them, and also because despite having played through skyrim twice already, I know I'll play through it again soon enough. I'm dying to play morrowind (still haven't played it arggggh) but I'm pushing myself through a few other games before I devote god knows how long to that one.

GoG has their little voting thing up for tomorrow's deal and one of the choices (and currently in the lead) is: 

Baldur's Gate 1-2, Neverwinter Nights 1-2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale 1-2, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Dragonshard, Demonstone for around 21 dollars.

Doesn't say if it includes the expansions Tales of the Sword Coast (BG1), Throne of Bhaal (BG2), or the plethora of Neverwinter expansions.  If it does include all of those, it isn't a bad deal considering their regular bundle is usually 20 but I don't think it typically includes the Neverwinter games or Dragonshard or Demonstone.

Only games I REALLY want from the collection are digital versions of BG 1 and 2, ID 1 and 2, and Planescape.  Getting the rest is gravy.  Temple of Elemental Evil is actually a pretty decent dungeon romp.

GoG has their little voting thing up for tomorrow's deal and one of the choices (and currently in the lead) is:

Doesn't say if it includes the expansions Tales of the Sword Coast (BG1), Throne of Bhaal (BG2), or the plethora of Neverwinter expansions.
They only sell 'complete' versions of those, so my assumption is that yes, the bundle contains them as well.

I wonder how my wallet's going to be at the steam winter sale. I didn't buy much from the autumn sale, and have found my hands require the inferior controller for a lot of games due to cramping hands trying to play PC games for too long. But maybe I should put aside my shopping ways to buy a controller. At least I may be able to snag Dark Souls (Missed it in Autumn sale :p)

Edit: how do I join CAG bingo? I'm not quite sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back