CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is only 50% off on steam for the sale right now, but is only $9.99 (75  off) at Gamer's Gate.

The DLC however is down to $2.49 a piece on Steam. 

Are there any recommendations for something cheap to wet my whislte on while I wait for Star Citizen (i.e. a Wing commander type Space sim that's actually fun).

went to bed at 5 a.m.

instructed fiancee to wake me up at 9:50 a.m. PT

she asked why. I told her there might be a price mistake. she told me I have problems.

WELL HAHA NOW WHO IS DROOLING ON WHO WHILE WHO GETS THE SEXY PRICE MISTAKE ON THE SEASON PASS

WHO I ASK
My condolences on your future divorce (you deserved better anyhow)

Snow Globe #6  

0.59 EUR

Total  

0.59 EUR

Snow Globe #4  

0.54 EUR

Total  

0.54 EUR

I guess this is still more than would have gotten from cards I used to craft it :/

Thought highest sold was probably around 4.xx€ so someone was in hurry.

Will buy again on last day for 0.1€ if needed :D

I got Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (which is still a preorder) and the purchase did not count towards getting a badge, only the other two games I bought with it.
None of my purchases (which were all DLC) have added to me getting a globe.

So this Winter Holiday Sale 2013 will last from December 19th to January 3rd. "2000" games will be on sale during this period. Wow. This seems like it could be the longest Steam sale of it's kind.

Since they're are 10 Snow Globe cards:

1) Assassin's Creed IV

2) Dota 2

3) Outlast

4) Payday 2

5) Warframe

6) Stanley Parable

7) Rogue Legacy

8) Football Manager

9) Surgeon Simulator

10) XCOM

I think we can expect to see each one of those games featured in a Daily Special for the next 10 days starting tomorrow (most likely).

I'm surprised Assassin's Creed is a part of this, due to Ubisoft being the worst. It'd be cool if they would add Steam cards and achievements to their games for once.

Sold 2 cards so far, takes forever for mine to show up though =(

Have tons I can craft though, so hopefully prices stay > $1 for now

Bioshock infinite season pass is $4.99. Has to be a mistake.
Instabought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad I was actually on the steam page for a change instead of on here.

I have a feeling our bingo cards will be woefully inadequate. I have 0 marks so far :(
ummmm, I don't think I ever got my bingo cards. :(

fuck it, I got Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for less than an Indie Royale bundle.

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass was fixed. Congrats to everyone that got it!
thank you :)

I can rest happy knowing that I snagged a Steam sale glitch on a game that I actually want to play.
same here, freaking awesome to actually be home during a price glitch

Had the Bioshock Infinite Season pass in my cart at paypal checkout and got an error. Came back and price was changed. Who do I call at Valve to bitch out????
this guy
2096aop.jpg

To Do List
Buy a glitched sale price item - Check

My Winter Sale is now complete.
Mine too, even if I buy nothing else, I'm happy I got Bioshock:Infinite Season Pass 75% off for a game I've actually been playing and enjoying.

fuck...was hoping Magicka would be a daily.
thanks, now I don't feel so bad for eating your entire family for lunch :whee:

Well, you know...can't believe everything your mother tells you. :lol:
wow, you're standards must be really low.

Did you just offer to give Jakenome a handjob?
Well, it is the season of giving.

I now have two spare Humble gift links for Revenge of the Titans and Titan Attacks. Ask for them here and they're yours. One per person.
I actually don't have Titan Attacks. Wow. Care to fire one my way? Thanks!

Papers, Please better hit 75%+ off this sale. AVGN Adventures better hit 75%+ off too. And if I can get Deadly Premonition Director's Cut for <$10 I'll be happy.

I bought an actual game as a gift just after the sale started and sent it off. Didn't count towards cards even though it said it would. System is still borked now?

I actually don't have Titan Attacks. Wow. Care to fire one my way? Thanks!

Papers, Please better hit 75%+ off this sale. AVGN Adventures better hit 75%+ off too. And if I can get Deadly Premonition Director's Cut for <$10 I'll be happy.
Sent you Titan Attacks. ROTT is still available!

Well, I was able to mark 2 games off on my 1st CAG Bingo card. :D

Don't worry though, unless Go Home Dinosaur, Beyond Good & Evil, and Frozen Synapse pop up you're all safe. Haha... I think each round will last quite a while.

A big thanks to Travathian for the work and setup.

Grabbed the two Pinball FX 75% off offerings (which did appear to count toward my money spent during the sale, btw).  Wasn't home in time for the BI Season Pass, but I haven't bought the base game yet and don't want to until I've restarted and actually beaten Bileshark, so that's just as well.

I bought 3 copies of Monaco, two as gifts to friends. I could have bought the 4-pack, but oh well. Spending more earns more snow globes anyways.  :razz:

Sounds like I'd be better off trying to play Bioshock 1 again first, which I had always intended to do. Infinite goes on sale so often that I can probably pick it up for cheap at almost any time. Thanks.
Despite the possibility that you may be disappointed with Infinite after playing the original, you should, by all means, start at the beginning. It isn't necessary, but you will definitely appreciate the parallels that are presented in Infinite if you do.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/216090/

hmm, Go Home Dinosaurs is $2 (80%). if only there were someone here to recommend it...
Yeah, it's a cute TD game. It's not my favorite in the genre, but it's easily accessible and worth a play if you like those types of games.

Anybody have thoughts on Dishonored GOTY Edition at $13.59? I'm somewhat new to Steam sales and I've read BigSpoonyBard's guide along with a few others but I'm curious if this will be cheaper later. Reason I ask is that the base game was $3.19 apparently on Steam two weeks ago according to SteamGameSales.com.

I would say your safe playing it with out playing the other two. They are not connected directly per say, but nods are made back to them. I think you'll be fine.
Oh, I do believe MysterD would disagree with you.

I've got a feeling I'll miss out on future price glitches for at least half of the sale. Stuck house/pet sitting for a family member who isn't coming back till Monday. She has some of the slowest internet on the planet. I think it would be faster if I mailed Valve a check for the games I wanted.
The Bioshock glitch lasted a good twenty minutes, so I'd say you've still got a chance.

Well, I was able to mark 2 games off on my 1st CAG Bingo card. :D

Don't worry though, unless Go Home Dinosaur, Beyond Good & Evil, and Frozen Synapse pop up you're all safe. Haha... I think each round will last quite a while.

A big thanks to Travathian for the work and setup.
I only got Stanley Parable. You guys better hope Sam and Max, Witcher, and Strike Suit Zero don't pop up!

These sales make me happy to be part of the PC Master Race ;P

Only got Balance of the Force Pinball table so far.  Trying to show SOME restraint!

Anyway, if you haven't added me on steam feel free to.  Always looking to increase steam friends especially my CAG family.

Anybody have thoughts on Dishonored GOTY Edition at $13.59? I'm somewhat new to Steam sales and I've read BigSpoonyBard's guide along with a few others but I'm curious if this will be cheaper later. Reason I ask is that the base game was $3.19 apparently on Steam two weeks ago according to SteamGameSales.com.
That $3.19 was a price glitch. Barring that happening again (which it didn't) Dihonored is likely as low as it will go for this sale.

Seeing as we know the sales (minus glitches) are the same as the Autumn sale, does anyone have a list of the prices for stuff from the Autumn sale so we know what DID NOT get a daily/flash discount?

For instnace, I know that Lego Marvel did not get a flash/daily sale a few weeks ago, so that should be one.

That $3.19 was a price glitch. Barring that happening again (which it didn't) Dihonored is likely as low as it will go for this sale.
It's interesting because the base game was $10 during the summer sale, but the DLC was much cheaper then. Now the base game is $7.50 and the DLC is more expensive. All in all though $13 for the whole thing is till $3 cheaper than the summer sale.

It's interesting because the base game was $10 during the summer sale, but the DLC was much cheaper then. Now the base game is $7.50 and the DLC is more expensive. All in all though $13 for the whole thing is till $3 cheaper than the summer sale.
Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass for 3.99 out of pocket, this has been a great holidays so far.

love me steam cards moneys

Seeing as we know the sales (minus glitches) are the same as the Autumn sale, does anyone have a list of the prices for stuff from the Autumn sale so we know what DID NOT get a daily/flash discount?

For instnace, I know that Lego Marvel did not get a flash/daily sale a few weeks ago, so that should be one.
Don't have a list for you but, in regards to Lego Marvel specifically, Amazon will have that game for $11.99 between 12/24 and 12/26 (and also 1/1 through 1/3). Unless there's a price glitch, I wouldn't expect it to be more than 50% off in Steam's holiday sale.

EDIT: I misread your post as asking for a list of games that were not on sale. Detruire made a wonderful post chronicling the Autumn sale here.

Don't have a list for you but, in regards to Lego Marvel specifically, Amazon will have that game for $11.99 between 12/24 and 12/26 (and also 1/1 through 1/3). Unless there's a price glitch, I wouldn't expect it to be more than 50% off in Steam's holiday sale.
Now I'm not sure whether it's worth updating the OP since no one reads it. :oldman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back