CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, card prices are up! Oh boy, I have 81 cards left to farm! I'm sure these cards will retain their value once I'm done farming, right? I've always had good luck with this sort of thing before!
Yeah, card prices all around seem to be up.

I've actually bought some of the cheap Trading Card games (you can filter for them in your search) and am going to go ahead and mine them for the market. I'm fairly sure it'll subsidize a few of them, or at least make them even cheaper.

Valve did indeed do something smart - something we've been saying they should do for the last few sales now... give people a reason to craft badges and drive up the prices on cards.

Errybody vote fo alice madness returns...has it ever been 5 bucks before?

Plus mafia 2 was free not too long ago

And who cares about mars u can't even breathe on dat place

Imma 'bout to buttslide over to Amazon and buy A:CM for two bucks for the sake of saying I bought something the first day of Winter Sales.  This is about a big a let down as being married to my ex-wife.

Was Carpe Fulgur collection 75% off during the summer sale as well?  

I don't have any of these games, but I've been told I'd enjoy Recettear at the very least.  

I hope Alice wins. I've been wanting to play that for a while and I've dropped more money for uglier women. Plus she's kinda goth-looking and...well...you know what they say about goths and lettuce...

NO! Vote for Mafia 2 so we can get the chance of the DLC being 75% off. I want the region locked DLC. You're better off getting the complete bundle for Alice, anyway.. which isn't on Steam.

I bought a bunch of the cheap cards I was missing and crafted like 25 badges so far. Spent $7ish and made like $18 selling the snow globes

Clever of them to go sky's the limit on the badge junkies.
Good thing I'm not paying a damn cent for my badges.

3 votes x 14 days x 4 accounts = 168 cards.

Crating 16 badges gives me 16 extra cards, plus 8 leftover. That gives me two more badge levels, which gives me two more cards plus the four leftover cards.

So I could theoretically get a Level 18 badge. Maybe a Level 19 depending on how many other game badges I make.

DAMN YOU GABEN

NO! Vote for Mafia 2 so we can get the chance of the DLC being 75% off. I want the region locked DLC. You're better off getting the complete bundle for Alice, anyway.. which isn't on Steam.
Don't vote for Mafia II. It's almost always a daily.

Nooooo! The main thing I wanted was the Bioshock Infinite season pass and now I find out I missed a $5 price glitch already.
See what happens when you go off trying to be all responsible and shit? Next time just park it in front of the comp with the rest of us.

First purchase: ESJ DLC.

This.

Good thing I'm not paying a damn cent for my badges.

3 votes x 14 days x 4 accounts = 168 cards.

Crating 16 badges gives me 16 extra cards, plus 8 leftover. Two more badges, with four cards leftover and two extras from the crafts.

So I could theoretically get a Level 18 badge. Maybe a Level 19 depending on how many other game badges I make.
Err... it'd get you 56 cards. You get one for every 3 votes.

If you don't have electronic superjoy and are even moderately interested...just get it

I haven't played it yet, but I've heard good things (got it in a bundle) and 80 cents for that is sum gud valu

Was Carpe Fulgur collection 75% off during the summer sale as well?

I don't have any of these games, but I've been told I'd enjoy Recettear at the very least.
I'm pretty sure. I think I completed my collection then.

I missed IG X (too darn busy)... and I've been eyeing Electronic Super Joy... <decisions,decisions>
Sanity prevailed. <waits for it to turn up in indie bundle rehash>

..or not. Thanks indef!!!

Err... it'd get you 56 cards. You get one for every 3 votes.
I have three Level 5 accounts other than my main one. I used them to farm TF2 items. I just trade the cards to my main. :p

I don't think Valve will care since I'm not making any money off of this.

Does Two Tribes Bundle still give gift copies of games you already own? I think it did during the last sale.
It definitely did last sale (did it myself) even though Steam bitches all the way through the transaction that it won't. Just buy it as a gift, redeem on your account, then it will create gift copies of the rest.

Off topic (oh noes), but I'm wondering if any of you have bought or sold any games on eBay lately. I used to sell games now and then a year or so ago, and back then you could search a game, and there would be a full entry for THAT game and that game alone. You'd search something like "Final Fantasy X PS2" and find the search category for the game, click it, and there would be a page that showed all listings for that game and that game alone, along with tabs for "Acceptable, Good, Very Good, Like New, and Brand New" conditions that you could easily sort between. And then you could sort by the obvious things, like "auction, buy it now, lowest price" etc.

I have some games that I've been meaning to sell for ages, and when I go back and search games now, that system is totally gone. Now it's all just random matching entries all over the place in the typical search format. You also can't even sort by condition. The only sorting categories are "New" and "Used". You can only see the true condition once you click on each individual listing and look.

It really sucks and not only is it a pain in the ass to see what condition is worth what, it's hard to find what you're looking for and the search order is all over the place. Did it change recently? I don't get it...

Also, is there any advantage to selling games on Amazon instead of eBay? At first glance, Amazon's fees look crazy high. 15% fee (which I think is the same as eBay), and then something like $1+ closing fee on top of that? That really sucks for items like... a $10 game or something. I heard about Amazon giving some kind of a shipping credit too though, so what's up with that? And can you get paid via PayPal easily or do you have to use Amazon payments? How long does it take to receive your payment? Just looking for some info from someone who's been down that road.

I don't mean to clog the thread with off topic shit, so feel free to hit me up on Steam if you've got any info. You know my name.

Does Two Tribes Bundle still give gift copies of games you already own? I think it did during the last sale.
Weird! The Two Tribes Bundle is cheaper than Toki Tori 2 by itself (2.99 vs 3.74).

I went ahead and bit even though I already had Toki Tori 1 and Edge. And as you expected, I received gift copies of those two games. First people to PM me that I already have as a friend on Steam can get them.

Yeah, it rends that stacking 10% off TT2 coupon worthless.  Thinking about it.  Cards are like 30+ cents.  But TT2 screams bundle fodder… maybe it would be a BTA?!?! WUT2DEW!?

Weird! The Two Tribes Bundle is cheaper than Toki Tori 2 by itself (2.99 vs 3.74).

I went ahead and bit even though I already had Toki Tori 1 and Edge. And as you expected, I received gift copies of those two games. First people to PM me that I already have as a friend on Steam can get them.
Thanks for being the Guinea pig! Might do this myself now...

I have three Level 5 accounts other than my main one. I used them to farm TF2 items. I just trade the cards to my main. :p

I don't think Valve will care since I'm not making any money off of this.
I was pointing out that your maths is wrong. You don't get one card per vote, you get one card per three votes - so instead of 3x14x4=168 cards, you'd only get 14x4=52 cards from voting.

ESJ is quite fun. I never quite beat it but I enjoyed the couple hours that I played.
Thanks. Yeah, it had better than average bundle-game-play-time among steam-friends. /like

Darwin doesn't listen to prayers, he only accepts ritual sacrifice.
/like /like /like

I recall reading the same but never tested it.
I feel oddly comforted that I somehow haven't dug those steam keys out that bundle of years past... on the other hand, I could use this to convert those keys into steam gifts.

You should be like George Carlin and pray to Joe Pesci.
george-carlin-dogma1999-2.jpg

Um, how do I put this nicely... I think you're in the wrong place. You also just managed to offend a whole lot of thread participants.
You're doing it wrong.
Eh, I kinda get where he's coming from. I looked at the dailies and a bunch of stuff not on flashes today and I said to myself, "Yeah, I want some of this stuff like BS:I and Dishonored GOTY, but I know they'll be cheaper within a year and am I going to even get around to playing them within that timeframe? Magic 8-ball says 'Not bloody likely.'" So much stuff isn't even at 75% and I really think that's a legitimate "it's not highly probable that this will go much cheaper unless bundled" threshold discount.

Darwin doesn't listen to prayers, he only accepts ritual sacrifice.
POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

<sigh> It's a PITA keeping up with this thread during mega-sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back