CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
me too and i sold it for 47 cents ^_^
Yay - so, since these cards do go away after the sale and I'll probably never get all 10 SG cards...

...Is it best to just sell on the market now?

Will the price spike up or down near last sale day b/c people will be looking to sell them?

Are people even trading these cards for stuff?

Great, I feel like a SG No0b on trading SG cardzzzzzzzzzz.

EDIT:

All Hail the Dorito Pope & his advice!! :D

Yay - so, since these cards do go away after the sale and I'll probably never get all 10 SG cards...

...Is it best to just sell on the market now?

Will the price spike up or down near last sale day b/c people will be looking to sell them?

Are people even trading these cards for stuff?

Great, I feel like a SG No0b on trading SG cardzzzzzzzzzz.

EDIT:

All Hail the Dorito Pope & his advice!! :D
If you're interested in the badge/rewards, I'd say hold onto them. You're going to have the opportunity to collect at least 14 cards just by voting on deals, and folks will probably be trading them like mad come January 2-3. I don't think you should have any problem getting at least one badge out of the deal. This is my plan, anyway.

Sometimes I'm not sure if Mooby wants to hurt our feelings. Its like having a kid brother punch you in the arm and its not exactly painful but its kind of borderline... and you struggle within whether or not to hit back, anyway, because he's also "special" and mom will always take his side and he's at least smart enough to know that... so this could be a trap... but damn is he pushing it.

Toki Tori 2+ was 75% off ($3.75) as one of the last flash sales.
Yeah, I'm saying the Two Tribes pack with TT2, TT1 and some other junk was $3.00 during that sale -- 75 cents less than TT2 alone.

General thread response re: cards -- sell 'em. At 40ish cents a pop you'll probably make $5. Odds of you getting some item that'll sell for more is fairly remote.

I have maybe 5 or 6 globes. The first time I saw them it was like "nice graphic! How cute!". Two minutes later they were on sale at the market.

I swear those antlers made him meaner.
It's because with that luxurious hair of his out of the way it's easier to see his lazy eye now

Edit: oh god triple post. I was catching up in the thread and forgot to multiquote

I'm so sorry

It was $4.59 (-77%) when I updated my list about an hour before the flash sale ended.
Yeah, it was a glitch

Jakenome had it for 2.39, actually. I was really tempted to get it...i didn't tho

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is $16.99 Brazilbucks (about $7.50 USD) at Nuuvem.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1340-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-ultimate-edition

Will I get a region-free key or will I get something region locked? After the recent Metal Gear shenanigans I want to make sure before biting on this.
On the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance Brazilian Steam Store page, there's a warning that the game is only available in a few Latin American countries. There's no such warning on the Castlevania Lords of Shadow store page though, so it's probably not region locked.

Doesn't the console version of Alice come with the original game?  I'd probably get that one instead.

I throw money at Goth chicks.  Make it rain, beyatches.  Lettuce ain't the only green in town!

Still waiting for my Secret Santa game.  Shit or get off the pot, ese.  :D

Ugh. Here I was holding out hope for Waking Mars since it looked pretty decent.
It has been bundled (twice now I believe)so there is a good chance you can find a key in the trade forum for around $.50 or so. It's a pretty neat game and I enjoyed it a lot, so I would recommend taking a moment to track one down.

Doesn't the console version of Alice come with the original game? I'd probably get that one instead.
Yes, when EA did away with online passes they made it so the original is now downloadable to everyone (you need the game to play it). Honestly though, I don't think it's worth playing (and certainly not on consoles, where I ran into a lot of bugs and performance issues, which I hope are at least somewhat better on PC).

Doesn't the console version of Alice come with the original game? I'd probably get that one instead.
Yes, if you get it on consoles you can download the first game and the get the DLC, but good luck finding a copy for under $20 now.

The only way to get the first game and the DLC packs on PC is through the Complete Collection that Amazon sells (it redeems on Origin) it's on sale for $7.50 right now.

Need more dealz.  Somehow snagging the Carpe Fulgur collection from Jake yesterday wasn't enough.  I think I'm feeling bundle withdrawal...not much interest in the current Groupees and Humble is just horrible this week.  I think another nice fat price mistake would make up for it.  Come on Valve, just 2 hours to go...

Don't be too disappointed about Waking Mars....ok game to play on a smartphone, but a waste on the PC
I disagree, I played solely on PC and found it very original and engaging. I spent about 7-8 hours with it and was very pleased with it despite a few poor design decisions and occasionally sloppy controls. It's not a perfect game to be sure, but I do think it's worth playing whether on PC or iOS/Android.

Gamersgate has it for $6.80 and activates on Steam

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TOTDOK/typing-of-the-dead-overkill

Also I played through this recently and had a blast. It also includes House of the Dead Overkill.
+1 The game is a blast. I consider myself a pretty good touch typist but the zombies made me laugh and messed me up.....yeah, that's it!

And UGH, I'll never catch up with the few threads i follow, although now that I"m on vacation, maybe..... :pray:

Yeah, but it's easy to get the whole package on PC.

The only way to get the first game and the DLC packs on PC is through the Complete Collection that Amazon sells (it redeems on Origin) it's on sale for $7.50 right now.
Actually it's easy. All you need is a downloaded version of American McGee's Alice and then with some alteration you can connect them together so that AMA can be launched via Madness Returns. As for the DLC, you literally change one word in text document in Alice Madness Returns and it unlocks the DLC. In the long run, it makes the $5 Steam copy cheaper as long as you have a downloaded copy of AMA or can get one for cheap/free.

Here is the post I made about it a long while back: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/300079-the-steam-deal-thread-v6-were-all-pumped-for-cag-30/page-1399#entry10245843

On another note, I just finished Chapter 4 of The Dream Machine. Now officially complete until chapter 5 is released after Hell freezes over. So far I REALLY like this game.

Also, I've been playing Papers Please. This really did deserve a top slot on my wishlist. I've had a blast playing it. I highly recommend it!

Really tempted on Monaco but can't shake the feeling it will be humble bundled soon.  It looks fun and i have resisted the 75% multiple times.

Really tempted on Monaco but can't shake the feeling it will be humble bundled soon. It looks fun and i have resisted the 75% multiple times.
It probably will be bundled real soon. That said, if you plan to play it like immediately after you buy it then just get it now. The new humble is at least a week away so if you get $3 of playing time in before then you have nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm just really hoping I catch a price error when it happens.

I remember getting Just Cause for $0.27 during the summer sale this year. Hoping something good happens this time :)

Alice Complete Collection is also available on Impluse (Gamestop's digital store) if you feel like acquiring it all legitimately.  And Waking Mars is really neat, and I thought the voice acting was actually quite outstanding for such a small game.  Played it on PC as well and it was just fine.  i even 100%'d it.

Alice Complete Collection is also available on Impluse (Gamestop's digital store) if you feel like acquiring it all legitimately. And Waking Mars is really neat, and I thought the voice acting was actually quite outstanding for such a small game. Played it on PC as well and it was just fine. i even 100%'d it.
Same here. It's easily in my top 10 of the year. Quite an enjoyable game.

Just sold my snowglobes I got on mine and my kids' account, .60 and .50 respectively. Looks like hte market is rebounding a bit.

If I can keep getting .50 a globe then that's an extra $14 in steam money.

Just sold my snowglobes I got on mine and my kids' account, .60 and .50 respectively. Looks like hte market is rebounding a bit.

If I can keep getting .50 a globe then that's an extra $14 in steam money.
The crafted items from the globes seem to be fetching decent prices though. I am tempted to risk it and create an item with my globes in the end and see how much I can get for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back