CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but it's easy to get the whole package on PC.

Actually it's easy. All you need is a downloaded version of American McGee's Alice and then with some alteration you can connect them together so that AMA can be launched via Madness Returns. As for the DLC, you literally change one word in text document in Alice Madness Returns and it unlocks the DLC. In the long run, it makes the $5 Steam copy cheaper as long as you have a downloaded copy of AMA or can get one for cheap/free.

Here is the post I made about it a long while back: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/300079-the-steam-deal-thread-v6-were-all-pumped-for-cag-30/page-1399#entry10245843

On another note, I just finished Chapter 4 of The Dream Machine. Now officially complete until chapter 5 is released after Hell freezes over. So far I REALLY like this game.

Also, I've been playing Papers Please. This really did deserve a top slot on my wishlist. I've had a blast playing it. I highly recommend it!
Did they change Alice in any way from the original version? I actually own AMA on CD (no box sadly though) and I am wondering if it will work.

Probably need a no-CD patch (it's around...) Also, FYI, there's a high res texture mod pack.
There's more resolutions/better widescreen support I think.

Yeah, but it's easy to get the whole package on PC.

Actually it's easy. All you need is a downloaded version of American McGee's Alice and then with some alteration you can connect them together so that AMA can be launched via Madness Returns. As for the DLC, you literally change one word in text document in Alice Madness Returns and it unlocks the DLC. In the long run, it makes the $5 Steam copy cheaper as long as you have a downloaded copy of AMA or can get one for cheap/free.
Here is the post I made about it a long while back: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/300079-the-steam-deal-thread-v6-were-all-pumped-for-cag-30/page-1399#entry10245843
Uh.. the only other way you're gonna get a downloadable version of American McGee's Alice is if you pirate it. Buying the Origin complete collection is the best way.. You could connect the Steam version to the Origin version, but it's not very cost efficient. Best to skip the steam version entirely.

Re: snow globes

I think the best possible action is to craft them. If you want to maximize your profit, you go for the highest return. And supposedly, these items won't be available anywhere else but in this sale. If that happens, then any item you get will only increase in value. The possible gain could be well over $100, which could give you a lot more than just the $5 you might make in selling the cards.

That's all gambling theory. Depends on whether you want to play it safe or not. I'm definitely crafting.

The crafted items from the globes seem to be fetching decent prices though. I am tempted to risk it and create an item with my globes in the end and see how much I can get for it.
I risked it. Crafted about $6 worth of globes and received a 3 cent item for Stronghold Kingdoms.

In other news, picked up R.I.P.D on Amazon for $3. I'm not including a link, because i'm afraid someone else might accidentally clickthrough and purchase it.

It's not good.

And yes, I realized it has brutal reviews and it's a movie tie-in and when have those ever been good... So, i'm going to use Irrational Card Madness as my excuse. Pretty sure that is contagious.

I've committed the ultimate sin of a CAG, impatience. I paid $5 for Spec Ops last night, was offered a copy for $4.50 this morning. The worst part is I hadn't even downloaded the game yet. This is a sad day.

Ten minutes till disappointment! :D/
I'm disappointed already.

...my teachers always said I was ahead of the curve.

There's more resolutions/better widescreen support I think.

Uh.. the only other way you're gonna get a downloadable version of American McGee's Alice is if you pirate it. Buying the Origin complete collection is the best way..
yes, right, this!

I risked it. Crafted about $6 worth of globes and received a 3 cent item for Stronghold Kingdoms.
See? Just like gambling. ;)

Hard Reset:EE shows 85% off right now, instead of the 75% it said it would be.

editt: Front page changed over.

If anyone wants to craft globes, I can also sell you Mega Millions tickets for .50 for the big jackpot that already won. Half price, and your odds of winning are only slightly less.

idiots of idiots woow votin on game that bundle already fuckcing idiots the voters are stupid dumbass childrens fuck u idiots the first two weer bettr choic tho the midddle is prolly th best choose  but cmon that beeen  ubndle

is this a glitch, or was it this price yesterday, or does everyone already have it?

EDIT: It's Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentleman, Please, for everyone that hasn't clicked it yet.

is this a glitch, or was it this price yesterday, or does everyone already have it?
likely no, and please just state the game's name. It goes for about that price every sale.

Edit: didn't notice it was the double pack, that's usually, $0.75?

...maybe... Least Exciting Glitch Ever!

A -10% flash sale, are they kidding? Okay it was just adjusted to -25%, but still...
My favorite part of these sales is reading the refund demands by people who purchased Early Access games at full price.

edit:

9it was there befor i think i dont know i was piss off with t idiot voting i proly ban from hard reeseet froum for my rage

http://steamcommunity.com/app/98400/discussions/0/648814841874532362/#c648814841879101561 and no i should be mad this is worst than autumn and summer sale combine tonight we will have magicka sale guys i ccal it jinx ur wellcom hh
Never mind, THIS is my favorite part.

Re: snow globes

I think the best possible action is to craft them. If you want to maximize your profit, you go for the highest return. And supposedly, these items won't be available anywhere else but in this sale. If that happens, then any item you get will only increase in value. The possible gain could be well over $100, which could give you a lot more than just the $5 you might make in selling the cards.

That's all gambling theory. Depends on whether you want to play it safe or not. I'm definitely crafting.
I agree, but I also think the smart move right now is to sell your cards early in the sale while prices remain high. Each time the Snow Globe market gets filled with a new supply of voting cards, prices will drop some. Then if you are hard set on crafting a badge and gambling to get a rare item, you can buy cheap cards later next week. The one wrinkle is how unlimited crafting of the Holiday badge will effect supply of these cards. I sold all of mine and now I can buy 3-4 more games (at 75% off or better) with GabeN bucks. ;)

likely no, and please just state the game's name. It goes for about that price every sale.

Edit: didn't notice it was the double pack, that's usually, $0.75?

...maybe... Least Exciting Glitch Ever!
It's not a glitch. The double pack always goes for this price. That's how I picked it up last summer.

It's not a glitch. The double pack always goes for this price. That's how I picked it up last summer.
I know. I just wanted to use: Least Exciting Glitch Ever! (Because, if it was, you'd literally be saving pennies... aim higher glitch hunters.

A lot of CAGs report it's actually an entertaining adventure game.

Edit: Back in the day that sold for a whole $0.99 iirc. ...back when steam sales were good, and my steam library was still petite.

So, after staring at the Amazon's sales SS three times, I find that there isn't a single thing that jumps out as a 'buy' to me. Maybe Tony will come through with some other deals that are still in the works.

So, since I have nothing sale related to talk about, what are everyone's New Year's resolutions? I haven't had any in the past few years, but figured it was time to set some goals for myself again. I'm going with the scattershot approach in that if I can hit one goal or even mildly achieve multiple goals, I'll call it a win. So for me:

• Stop buying games that I might be interested in playing. My game count is already sufficiently padded. Awww, come on!
  • Finish remodeling the house. It has to end at some point. There is NO Finish, evah!
  • Get back into good physical shape. Single digit BF% or bust. Been there before, I can do it again. laudable goal
  • Get back into good mental shape. I remember being happy before, I think I can be again. There is no spoon, enjoy that!
  • Enjoy the little things. (Rule #32) See above. :D/
Updated, just for you!

This update, brought to you by TMG's life lessons......the early years......

Only games there I have any remote interest in are Project Zomboid, but that has a laughable discount, and Chivalry, though I'd rather get the complete game + DLC and that is still too high for my tastes.

I know. I just wanted to use: Least Exciting Glitch Ever! (Because, if it was, you'd literally be saving pennies... aim higher glitch hunters.

A lot of CAGs report it's actually an entertaining adventure game.

Edit: Back in the day that sold for a whole $0.99 iirc. ...back when steam sales were good, and my steam library was still petite.
I enjoyed the first one quite a bit. Haven't gotten to the second yet. For anyone wondering, it's definitely worth it if you're an adventure game fan and like quirky, off-color British humor.

Well, nothing else to see here. Guess I might as well go to work... <sigh>

Guys quick question, has the Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon bundle ever been lower than the current -50%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back