CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, vacations are fun, although it's still too early and I keep glancing over at my laptop and phone.  I've only answered a couple of emails and one Lync message......and only one TM has said, "I thought you were on vacation?".....

Time for some key clean up!

Let's celebrate!

PM for: Steam Key unless otherwise noted

Alice Madness Returns (Origin Key) unsure of vintage

The Cave

FTL:  Faster Than Light

Titan Quest

The Walking Dead

Is there a common term to put in the marketplace search box to list all the crafting items? Or is there a site that's put that info together? It'd be nice to eyeball the odds of getting something worth something.

Also, because of my massive backlog (which makes me a unique CAG snowflake, I know) I have nearly zero interest in what the dailies and flashes are, and the discount %s. What I now realize is part of my buying calculus is Backlog Regret Price: At what price would I buy something and not feel regret when I see a lower price in the future, and the thing's still sitting there untouched?

For example, I know Monaco at 2 and change is a great price, if I'm gonna play it now. But I'm not, and is it such a great price that I won't be pissed when it shows up in a Humble down the road? I would get a hell of lot of hours played per $ in FF7 even if I bought it now at $4.03, but if I don't start it now, will I feel regret when it's $3 by the time I actually play it (even if it doesn't show up in the apocryphal Squeeeeeenix bundle)?

Is there a common term to put in the marketplace search box to list all the crafting items? Or is there a site that's put that info together? It'd be nice to eyeball the odds of getting something worth something.

Also, because of my massive backlog (which makes me a unique CAG snowflake, I know) I have nearly zero interest in what the dailies and flashes are, and the discount %s. What I now realize is part of my buying calculus is Backlog Regret Price: At what price would I buy something and not feel regret when I see a lower price in the future, and the thing's still sitting there untouched?

For example, I know Monaco at 2 and change is a great price, if I'm gonna play it now. But I'm not, and is it such a great price that I won't be pissed when it shows up in a Humble down the road? I would get a hell of lot of hours played per $ in FF7 even if I bought it now at $4.03, but if I don't start it now, will I feel regret when it's $3 by the time I actually play it (even if it doesn't show up in the apocryphal Squeeeeeenix bundle)?
FFVII (steam key) already was $3 on the Uplay store in late Oct...
/agree with the rest.

Hard Reset: Yay or nay?
Nice kinda classic take on an FPS with a twist, I rather liked the time i spent with it. It's been bundled a bit, fyi. I really liked the art style.

So... I guess there won't be a daily featured game from one of the ten cards. I'm perplexed. Valve must have spent their Holiday sales budget updating their servers. I kind of miss those crashes... (sort of, but not really)

It also feels like my wallet has been saying this...

v8kr5hvi.jpg

but there airport simulator 2014 yo hehh im interest but at same time i need to keep wishlist down

The thought of you running air traffic control...
Here's an excerpt from the NTSB investigation: replay of TBs last transmission to the plane that was lost

DL481: Tower, request permission to land

TB15: DL481, please proceed to Runway 4TomatoPizza lamadmadingdon, yo!

***END OF TRANSMISSION***

Flight 481 never found :-({|=

Steam Winter sale runs more than 10 days... so they don't need to run a snowglobe game every day.
Good point. I'm probably jumping the gun with assuming anything. Thanks for being the voice of reason. :)

(moves into the light)

It's time to treat a Friday like a Friday and (try) to step away from this PC.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I want to trade and give away some steam keys I got in a humble bundle not realizing I already owned the games on steam. But I can't remember which ones I activated. Is there a way to check if they key is valid before activating? I'd hate to give away keys that are already used...

Reminder: This is the best time to play games that have card drops remaining on your account. Because everyone is crafting the cards are selling super fast.

I sold 2 while typing this post.

Fall sales were better, catering a bit more to deal hunters. The Winter Sale is for fleecing the chumps. (Amazon too.)
Consider me a chump then because I'm seeing games I want to play at good prices and ready to pull the trigger. Is Fez at 75% off and $2.49 not a great deal? This is my first big sale since I'm in the process of finishing up my first computer build. I'm trying to go by SteamGameSales but I don't think it shows bundle prices.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I want to trade and give away some steam keys I got in a humble bundle not realizing I already owned the games on steam. But I can't remember which ones I activated. Is there a way to check if they key is valid before activating? I'd hate to give away keys that are already used...
Should have the name of the Steam ID and date redeemed next to the steam button (This will be green now instead of gray) under your bundle list. That is what is showing for me under the past bundles I've purchased this month. If it is not redeemed then the box next to the steam button (which should be gray) should say click to redeem on steam.

Edit: Also I see the gift box option is missing under the keys that I have redeemed so that is another indicator.

He's been on Steam posting 459 screenshots at regular intervals.
Thank god. What about Severose? Remember that guy?

Consider me a chump then because I'm seeing games I want to play at good prices and ready to pull the trigger. Is Fez at 75% off and $2.49 not a great deal? This is my first big sale since I'm in the process of finishing up my first computer build. I'm trying to go by SteamGameSales but I don't think it shows bundle prices.
75% off or better is a pretty good deal Fez has been in 1 bundle I believe and people will always tell you to wait for a bundle or that a game was in a bundle in the past, but since we can't time travel to the past or future then if you plan on playing something and it is 75% off or better then you're generally in good territory.

Fez? (past) Bundle Fodder.

You need http://www.enhancedsteam.com/ by our very own jshackles.

If you're not already using it Enhanced Steam is your best friend.

Damn it, cat scratched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back