CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is true, but it's also generally a good idea to get multiplayer games you have any interest in as early as possible, especially indie ones. It seems that unless you're a big name like CoD/Battlefield/TF2, the amount of players rapidly drops if you wait too long.
Not just get, you need to actually *play* them pretty soon too... on the whole, our track record is pretty poor on that.

Final Fantasy 8 is at $8 (fitting) and Dead Island Riptide is at $7.50... Should I bite now or is there a chance these will hit Flash sale for cheaper? I'm torn, srsly.
Skip Riptide unless you really loved the first game and really want more. I knew going into it that this was just more of the same and yet I still wound up disappointed. If you have to play it wait for $5 or less.

Play games? Shit, I don't even install them. Nearly all of my "playtime" is from SAM when I idle for cardz.

Play games? Shit, I don't even install them. Nearly all of my "playtime" is from SAM when I idle for cardz.
I really really really (truely really) hate how card idiling has completely wrecked playtime... I used to find the average play time of friends to be a useful metric in determining if a game is any good. ...and what my friends have been playing recently.

Verdun Quick Thoughts:

I'm a sucker for WWI and WWII games so I had to give this a try.  MP only.  "Early Access"

I found the menus/UI to be pretty nice for a small team (3 guys) and alpha game.  Two modes are bolt rifle death match and team based skirmish mode.

Played deathmatch first and had fun.  Got a few kills in.  It's just bolt action rifles so it evens the playing field a bit though you can level up and unlock better rifles.

Skirmish was next and did not enjoy anywhere near as much.  It's pretty much a snipe fest.  I think I got three kills in 15 minutes verses 9 in five minutes in the other mode.  It's basically alternate capture the flag but the sniping just kills a lot of the fun.  Trying to hide in shrubbery or lay prone doesn't help much.  The terrain is sort of built to let you sneak across towards the enemy but zoomed in sniper scope is going to win versus a crude bolt action rifle every time.  

Overall, I was actually impressed by what I played, but there's still some issues to be found and you guys likely already have better games to scratch the itch (Red Orchestra 2).  

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

THERE IS A STEAM GOD

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

THERE IS A STEAM GOD
JvD2j.jpg

Bulletstorm mad fun yo. Me thinks they will patch out gfwl soon.   

I picked up Papers, Please from humble store for $5 and wow it is tense! I'm really lovin it, played it for 3 straight hours, its cray cray.

I ordered a copy of Remember Me from this site- http://www.gamingdragons.com/en   They took my monies but i havent gotten my steam key yet, welp. Anyone ever order anything on that site?

Darn! I've been waiting for Bulletstorm to hit 75% off for ages, but it's not available in my region now :whistle2:( . Any CAG's kind enough to purchase it for me and I will reimburse via paypal?

Edit: Thanks Ethereality!

So I was debating whether to get The Secret World Massive Edition since it popped up, and I see now that the price randomly went up from 67% off to 50% off.

Guess they decided for me.

So I was debating whether to get The Secret World Massive Edition since it popped up, and I see now that the price randomly went up from 67% off to 50% off.
Sweet! Bought on a glitch! :whee: :dance:

Massive is now only 50% ($30), was 66% ($20). Base is still 66% off, $10.

I really really really (truely really) hate how card idiling has completely wrecked playtime... I used to find the average play time of friends to be a useful metric in determining if a game is any good. ...and what my friends have been playing recently.
For what it's worth I very rarely idle games, with the exception of A.) Stuff I've already played/beat, B.) Broken games/terrible games (I wish I'd idled Rush Bros), or C.) Games that are over my head (Paradox loves to make me feel stupid).

But I agree, it's a pain not being able to take time put into a game as a measure of how much someone actually liked it for much of anything anymore. Not that anyone played games prior to cards anyway though...

Bulletstorm mad fun yo. Me thinks they will patch out gfwl soon.

I picked up Papers, Please from humble store for $5 and wow it is tense! I'm really lovin it, played it for 3 straight hours, its cray cray.

I ordered a copy of Remember Me from this site- http://www.gamingdragons.com/en They took my monies but i havent gotten my steam key yet, welp. Anyone ever order anything on that site?
Graymarket CD key places tend to be very slow in general, especially if a deal is popular. It looks like the site has enough reviews around the web to be legit so I'd wager you'll get your key, but you'll have to wait.

SOTS The Pit is already 75% off and the vote is to make it 80% off? Okay...
I'm guessing the DLC would also be 80% off. It's currently not discounted. It's 75% off on GG anyway, and you can easily find people with the 20% off compensation discount so there's no need to vote for it. Vote for Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Super House of Dead Ninjas is pretty good, it's like a fast-paced Spelunky with ninja stuff. Typing of the Dead has had better deals elsewhere already and The Pit's discount is dumb.

I bought Pit last summer for $2.50… bad purchase.  I usually like rogue likes but it has too many design flaws to be enjoyable.

I'd vote for Typing of the Dead if the DLC was discounted, but $10 is probably the worst discounted price from any online retailer so far. Baffling.

I already own the other two, but MrNinjaSquirrel has swayed my vote. And the DLC is discounted. Bonus!

Wow globe card prices keep going down -- 30ish cents now.  If they get much lower I might have to gamble on crafting a set.  Buddy of mine get the 'extraordinary' TF2 backpacks which he sold for 20 keys ($50ish).  Of course with my luck I'll get the common item from Realm of the Mad God.

And here I was thinking we'd want to vote for Typing in hope of its DLC getting accidental discounts.
I'm hoping someone figures out how to make custom dictionaries instead. The swearing one looks tacky and I don't know Shakespeare well enough that I'd want it in the game. "Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend." (That's all I know.)

[quote name="Cheaplikeafox 3.0" post="11371685" timestamp="1387620929"]Dead Ninjas helps my bingo card so please vote for it. [/quote]
As it turns out it's on mine too.

Dead Ninjas helps my bingo card so please vote for it.
How close are people to a Bingo? Looking at my first card it might take the whole sale to get one.

Hell, if it helps you or NinjaSquirrel get a Bingo I'm all for moving on the second card. :D

How close are people to a Bingo? Looking at my first card it might take the whole sale to get one.

Hell, if it helps you or NinjaSquirrel get a Bingo I'm all for moving on to the next one. :D
We're woefully far away. Even the few people who are "close" said they have two in a row. I think the cards didn't have enough of the newer games which seem to be filling the deals even if the discounts aren't huge.

Dead Ninjas is on my card, too, which puts me 2 games away from a Bingo right now if it wins.  So vote for it.

I had to read 10 pages of posts to get to my reply and I forgot most of my responses.  Buy Guacamelee and Bulletstorm.  Thanks Flowette for my gift.  Uh....carry on.

We're woefully far away. Even the few people who are "close" said they have two in a row. I think the cards didn't have enough of the newer games which seem to be filling the deals even if the discounts aren't huge.
Yeah, that's true. Hmm. Well, best of luck. I voted three times for SHoDN.

Overall, I was actually impressed by what I played, but there's still some issues to be found and you guys likely already have better games to scratch the itch (Red Orchestra 2).
A worse version of Red Orchestra 2, set in WW1, is exactly what I thought when I looked at Verdun.

EVERYONE VOTE FOR SUPER HOUSE OF DEAD NINJAS, BECAUSE, NINJAS!
Yeah, Dead Ninjas is an awesome-fun game. I like how it allows you to upgrade your Ninja persistently across games, so that when you die you at least get to use that experience to become better before starting anew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back