CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, so you better make sure you don't get The Stanley Parable.

The "Go Outside" achievment (for the Stanley Parable) - "Don't play The Stanley Parable for five years" :D
I'm not buying it because of that either. I dislike devs that add BS achievements like that. :(

A bundled game won again, this is just depressing.
Technically it didn't...

I mean, yes, the bundled game won. But the bundled game didn't come with any of its DLC. If the discount applies to the DLC as well then a lot of people will be getting it.

EA was a partner-publisher w/ that partners-program w/ Bulletstorm.

Do you really think they (Epic) might be able swing Bulletstorm over to Steamworks-only?

It'd be nice, sure - but is that really gonna happen?

G4WL is probably there as a middle-ware program, so they could have the game sold both on Steam + Origin - and probably so they didn't have to put in too much more Net-code on the PC, since XBox version would use XBL (Remember, G4WL and XBL are tied together). We all know EA w/ Origin and Valve w/ Steam ain't the best of buddies, you know?

Maintaining two different versions for Epic - i.e. one for Origin, one for Steam - might be a pain in the neck.

Are there other middle-ware programs like G4WL that Epic could use, so the game could be sold on both Steam + Origin?

GameRanger, maybe?
Ok, you updated/edited as I was replying and threw me there. I understand what you're saying now. I'm not sure if Steamworks is a requirement for achievements—I doubt it. I'm not concerned about the GFWL achievements carrying over, if that's what you're getting at. It would've been nice if Bilesharx2 did that, but I just don't like repeating myself unnecessarily.

I'm considering buying Castlevania on nuveem. I've already played it on ps3 and I'm planning to play it again asap. Is it a good deal? Or should I wait for a possible EC amazon inclusion? (which will make it 5$)

I'm considering buying Castlevania on nuveem. I've already played it on ps3 and I'm planning to play it again asap. Is it a good deal? Or should I wait for a possible EC amazon inclusion? (which will make it 5$)
You enjoyed it that much? I'm curious since the reviews I've read place it as a middle of the road game that shouldn't be carrying the Cashgrabvania title.

Ok, you updated/edited as I was replying and threw me there. I understand what you're saying now. I'm not sure if Steamworks is a requirement for achievements—I doubt it. I'm not concerned about the GFWL achievements carrying over, if that's what you're getting at. It would've been nice if Bilesharx2 did that, but I just don't like repeating myself unnecessarily.
Rockstar Social Club? Max Payne 3 and LA Noire has Steam achievements too. (GTA IV is GFWL :()

Techincally they could code their own wrapper that uses Steamworks API to manage achievements (DRM isn't necassarily to use) and just disable it if not playing steam-version.

Do you really think they (Epic) might be able swing Bulletstorm over to Steamworks-only?

There is precedent, at least. They converted Unreal Tournament 3 to full Steamworks well after release. They were even among the first publishers to allow retail keys to retroactively work with Steam.

You enjoyed it that much? I'm curious since the reviews I've read place it as a middle of the road game that shouldn't be carrying the Cashgrabvania title.
I played the demo. They should've chosen another name, is NOT castlevania. Not even the soundtrack is there (at least on the demo)

EA was a partner-publisher w/ that partners-program w/ Bulletstorm.

G4WL is probably there as a middle-ware program, so they could have the game sold both on Steam + Origin - and probably so they didn't have to put in too much more Net-code on the PC, since XBox version would use XBL (Remember, G4WL and XBL are tied together). We all know EA w/ Origin and Valve w/ Steam ain't the best of buddies, you know?

Maintaining two different versions for Epic - i.e. one for Origin-only, one for Steamworks-only - might be a pain in the neck. I don't see that happening.

Plus, when has Epic really supported PC gaming like they used to in the Unreal + UT days?

Are there other middle-ware programs like G4WL that Epic could use, so the game could be sold on both Steam + Origin?

GameRanger, maybe?
gameranger duh it middle of road not bad shit or just creat own server or have account basd so mysterd can rage more bout drm hehe

Why are people stupid enough to have voted for SotS The Pit? The Gold edition didn't even get a good discount, and the DLC isn't discounted. GG's prices are a million times better. Sadly, Dead Ninjas may not see a flash/daily sale. Not many people were interested in it during the voting period.

So Sword of the Stars: The Pit won the votes yet none of the dlcs are on sale, do they expect people to purchase the 2 dlcs at full price ($7.98) when you can get 5 copies of the base game at $6.95 which is a dollar cheaper?   :shame:

Why are people stupid enough to have voted for SotS The Pit? The Gold edition didn't even get a good discount, and the DLC isn't discounted. GG's prices are a million times better. Sadly, Dead Ninjas may not see a flash/daily sale. Not many people were interested in it during the voting period.
My guess is it got the most votes because its sale price was the cheapest and most people don't care about any of the sale games, they just want to get snow globes.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU STEAMMMMM

it should be a rule that early access games can't steal a sales spot from more worth, fully released games.

like 5 dolla rayman origins

and wow...really wish i had bought more star wars titles before disney got the rights.

kotr 2 for 5 bucks on a daily? gaggggg

Im never gonna get kotr1, jedi outcast, etc this way

So, do I grab Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC? Never played it before but heard good things about it.
I really enjoyed the non-DC and I actually bought the DC but haven't played it yet. Personally, going off of the original, it is a good game. Considering the DC puts all the DLC in, tones down on the "orange tones", and revamps the boss fights I say grab it!

What I'm really asking is - do we think EA really would let Epic make Bulletstorm PC drop G4WL and switch in favor of Steamworks-only?

You and I - yes, we'd <3 for this to happen. :D

I'd love Bulletstorm to get Steamworks-only support.

I just don't think it's gonna happen, unfortunately. :( Too many parties involved that don't get along (EA and Valve); and Epic ain't really been very supportive of PC gaming since say the Unreal and UT days.

No, Steamworks-only is NOT a requirement for Achievements - as some games like Rockstar's games (namely Max Payne 3 + LA Noire), they ALSO use their service RockStar Social Club for Achievements. In Steam-version of those games, you'd wind-up w/ same Achievements on both RSSC + Steam. In their case, RSSC is their middle-ware.

EDIT:

There is precedent, at least. They converted Unreal Tournament 3 to full Steamworks well after release. They were even among the first publishers to allow retail keys to retroactively work with Steam.
Only thing is - UT3 was tied to Midway.

Midway as a brand and publisher, they don't exist anymore.

There is no EA-Partners program involved there w/ UT3.

Bulletstorm was part of the EA partners program.

EA and Valve - yeah, they ain't always been on friendly terms many times over recent years, have they?

With EA trying to buy-out Steam numerous times over the years; EA creating their own Origin service (to compete w/ Steam); and the DA2 + Crysis 2 (Regular Edition) getting punted off Steam over Origin having Exclusive DLC matters (which Steam is against) - you really think EA would let Epic and PCF put Bulletstorm on Steam?

I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, you're right. It is not a castlevania game in any manner. I sure prefer games like Symphony of the night (the best imo) but this one I loved it :). But as a true CAG I'll try to get the best discount as possible.

I voted it for five times and now gonna vote for Zeno Clash II :)

Not sure if this is a glitch but I bit since I've been wanting to play this game for a while. I figure even if it's in a bundle it will be a BTA tier.
We will be laughing when it hits Daily/Flash/Community for -90% like [customspoiler='Trine 2']as if that would happen :)[/customspoiler]

It's similar to the Final Fantasy 8 opinions. It's a decent (maybe even great) game in its own right, but if you approach it with expectations for the elements that made other games in the series proper well-loved, you're going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back