CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
NFS quality varies considerably... any specific ones in mind? (Also SHIFT 1 & 2, can't be lumped with the rest of the NFS titles)
While I did like NFS: Shift 1, I don't know - it just didn't have staying power for me, for some reason. After a few hours, I simply had enough.

Never touched NFS: Shift 2 - even though it's installed.

If you're talking about wasting money then why do you care about ANY of these community deals? Roughly 1% of them are ever better than a game has already been at some point in its history.
Because I want the 1% to win. And because I'm playing bingo and want to win.

It's not a difficult concept to comprehend. People on this site want the games they want at the cheapest price possible. We exhibit patience in holding off on purchasing games full price and waiting for a deep discount. We express disappointment when it doesn't happen.

If you think that's selfish, whining, self-centered, bratty, etc. then so be it. You don't have to like it, but don't sit here and act like you don't understand it. We're not going to stop it. If you want to throw a hissyfit every 8 hours, that's your right too!

AVGN is love/hate, but he literally gave birth to people like JonTron, PeanutButterGamer, and any other popular Youtube Video Game reviewer.

His influence is massive.
that has literally zero to do with my question. i also don't know or care who JonTron, PeanutButterGamer or any other popular YouTube Video Game reviewer happens to be. I said I hated the bit of his video I saw and do not care about him. His influence is another matter altogether.

Because I want the 1% to win. And because I'm playing bingo and want to win.

It's not a difficult concept to comprehend. People on this site want the games they want at the cheapest price possible. We exhibit patience in holding off on purchasing games full price and waiting for a deep discount. We express disappointment when it doesn't happen.

If you think that's selfish, whining, self-centered, bratty, etc. then so be it. You don't have to like it, but don't sit here and act like you don't understand it. We're not going to stop it. If you want to throw a hissyfit every 8 hours, that's your right too!
I never said that you were selfish or self-centered or bratty. I think you're confusing problems many people might have with you or this site with what I said. I love CAG and my Steam library has blossomed from 5 games to 390 in under a year because of this awful, horrible, wonderful site. I just think that this particularly community vote was idiotic to get angry at. If you think that's selfish, whining, self-centered, bratty, etc, then so be it. You don't have to like it, but don't sit here and act like you don't understand it.

:] no offense mate.

Spectromancer
WTKE5-64XHI-EP2*Z
-------------------------------------------
Little Farm
9PIN+-+LJF9-J+ZJN

Al the ones currently on flash: (Not Shift 2, because of Tages THANKS ENHANCED STEAM!!) Hot Pursuit, Shift, Undercover.
Undercover - I found this one completely without challenge. 1st placing 80-90% of the time on my first time. I wasn't challenged so I didn't find this one interesting or notable at all. It might be just fine for more causal race fans, though I'm not fit to judge that.

Hot Pursuit - This one is a total blast. It is focused on supercars and long stretches of road. It had a pigs vs racers system with some weaponry/countermeasures. Best NFS since MW/Carbon. (I haven't played Rivals yet.) I completely totally recommend this. That said it departs from what people thought of as NFS* and it has some clear Criterion hallmarks.

Shift 1 - This one is strange. It's some kind of simcade hybrid with some really poor default settings. Supposedly if you tweak it enough, it's decent/pretty good. The cars felt featherweight and the AI is quite bash-you aggressive. I didn't have a wheel at the time. I'd like to revisit it some time with my G27, but it's lower on my try-again-w/G27 stack. I can't recommend it, but there might be a decent game with enough tweaking. I'd simply warn people if they're thinking of buying it.

Spectromancer
WTKE5-64XHI-EP2*Z
Little Farm
9PIN+-+LJF9-J+ZJN
<--no not the one I was given by a fellow CAG. Ended up with a duplicate after the fact.
Clive Barker's Jericho
J5*6G-0~LD7-~KT07

*= our resident fox (first letter)
+= our resident cat (first letter)
~= our resident Derrick (first letter)
Thanks for Spectromancer

I don't get the point of having the votes instead of just having extra flash deals. All it really does it upset the other 2/3 of people who voted for something else and sell less games.

I know people say this every sale, but I really think this is the worst Steam sale ever. Most of the dailies are Early Access games or not 75% off or stuff that has an ungodly high retail still. The selection of older games with good discounts is puny compared to sales of the past. The majority of games on my wishlist are not even 50% off, and flipping through some of the random games, there are tons that are not discounted at all that had good discounts or bundles in the past. The publisher packs are almost completely gone now. I admit, I might like it better if I didn't own so many games, but it really seems like the discounts are not on the same level, even for most of the games I already own.
I agree. The beta games, excessive repeats, and low-discounted new titles have forced me to the sidelines for the most part. Almost all of the purchases I've made so far have been super-cheap games that are already 75-80% off and will never see the light of day on the front page.

I say vote Legend of Dungeon.
I voted for this one as well. I don't have Dawn of Fantasy for some reason and when I checked it out it appears to be a P2W game in disguise.

Legend of Dungeon is a pretty fun game, I have to say. I bought it awhile ago and love it. It's a great game to play with a couple people next to you, though it never feels like there's enough loot to make it even. Too often I ended up with a weapon while my partners had to follow behind me while I killed everything. But the visuals are really neat. I wish there was more variance to the areas, but it's been fun so far in my limited time.

I never said that you were selfish or self-centered or bratty. I think you're confusing problems many people might have with you or this site with what I said. I love CAG and my Steam library has blossomed from 5 games to 390 in under a year because of this awful, horrible, wonderful site. I just think that this particularly community vote was idiotic to get angry at. If you think that's selfish, whining, self-centered, bratty, etc, then so be it. You don't have to like it, but don't sit here and act like you don't understand it.

:] no offense mate.
No offense taken. Every community vote is one to rage over. Not because anyone here was foaming at the mouth to buy any of the games that lost, the votes just represent the general problem with the casual Steamer and are a predictor of what future votes will be like. If people are repeatedly voting for bundle fodder right now, that means they'll be voting for bundle fodder later, which means eventually it will reach a point where a game we really want is going to be up for vote, and the vote is going to go to Magicka at 55% off. And then we'll really rage.

Undercover - I found this one completely without challenge. 1st placing 80-90% of the time on my first time. I wasn't challenged so I didn't find this one interesting or notable at all. It might be just fine for more causal race fans, though I'm not fit to judge that.

Hot Pursuit - This one is a total blast. It is focused on supercars and long stretches of road. It had a pigs vs racers system with some weaponry/countermeasures. Best NFS since MW/Carbon. (I haven't played Rivals yet.) I completely totally recommend this. That said it departs from what people thought of as NFS* and it has some clear Criterion hallmarks.

Shift 1 - This one is strange. It's some kind of simcade hybrid with some really poor default settings. Supposedly if you tweak it enough, it's decent/pretty good. The cars felt featherweight and the AI is quite bash-you aggressive. I didn't have a wheel at the time. I'd like to revisit it some time with my G27, but it's lower on my try-again-w/G27 stack. I can't recommend it, but there might be a decent game with enough tweaking. I'd simply warn people if they're thinking of buying it.
Bought Hot Pursuit. i don't have a wheel, so fuck that frustration. Only cost me $2.08 with some globes that just sold. TY much.

ugh magicka
WqzT9wNOCK3o8W6t.gif

Legend of Dungeon is a pretty fun game, I have to say. I bought it awhile ago and love it. It's a great game to play with a couple people next to you, though it never feels like there's enough loot to make it even. Too often I ended up with a weapon while my partners had to follow behind me while I killed everything. But the visuals are really neat. I wish there was more variance to the areas, but it's been fun so far in my limited time.
I read that the game doesn't have online multiplayer. Is this true?

Does anyone remember what the other two community choice options were that ran against Red Faction: Armageddon? I wanted to buy one of them but for the love of God I can't remember the name of it.

This isn't a Steam bundle, but I've noticed that people have labeled somewhat-polarizing games like Gone Home or Stanley Parable as "2deep4u."  I love those games but I'm not here to argue about that right now... I just wanted to grant some added perspective.

You can't get much more "2deep4u" than this bundle:

http://tale-of-tales.com/anniversary/

I almost WISH these had Steam keys... especially after reading this article about Luxuria Superbia:

http://gamechurch.com/sex-as-play-in-luxuria-superbia/

This isn't a Steam bundle, but I've noticed that people have labeled somewhat-polarizing games like Gone Home or Stanley Parable as "2deep4u." I love those games but I'm not here to argue about that right now... I just wanted to grant some added perspective.

You can't get much more "2deep4u" than this bundle:
http://tale-of-tales.com/anniversary/

I almost WISH these had Steam keys... especially after reading this article about Luxuria Superbia:
http://gamechurch.com/sex-as-play-in-luxuria-superbia/
I'll be sorely disappointed if at least one of those games isn't a rogue-like Notepad document about aborted fetuses.

Edit: Oh, I didn't see that it was Tales of Tales. So instead of a Notepad document, it'd be an hour long vignette. Perfect for the fans who couldn't get enough of The Path and The Graveyard.

Does anyone remember what the other two community choice options were that ran against Red Faction: Armageddon? I wanted to buy one of them but for the love of God I can't remember the name of it.
  • Red Faction Guerilla 80% off
  • Zeno Clash II 75% off
  • Evochron Mercenary 60% off

I'm not Ashes
This! ;)

I also think PC gamers might be much more critical of NFS series - especially since in recent years, their ports of NFS games ain't always been the most rock-solid or might have done things many PC gamers don't care for in the PC versions. Namely, I'm referring to how NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010 + NFS: Most Wanted 2012 aren't the best running and optimized PC games upon release; you might be best off locking-down NFS: MW 2012 framerate to 30 frames per sec via game-config files since game's framerate can flat-out go all over the place; and b/c NFS: Rivals PC is more or less hard-coded and synced in every way to 30 frames per sec (PC gamers normally want and prefer 30 frames per sec).
Weird, NFS HP 2010 ran just fine on my X3 720 & GTX 260.

I'm not getting dragged into a NF$: Burnout Wanted (2012) discussion. On PC it had some bad and variable framerate issues. The way it is structured is pretty poor and lacks a sense of progression. The map is quite small and unremarkable. It wasn't challenging. The cars all handled largely the same. I beat all the later races with a 1985 Countach 5000QV. Driving that was the only highlight of the game.

Given what I've read and my NF$ Burnout Wanted experience, I'm also not touching Rivals till it hits $5.

Bought Hot Pursuit. i don't have a wheel, so fuck that frustration. Only cost me $2.08 with some globes that just sold. TY much.
Excellent choice. It's the one I can easily recommend. Plays well with a controller. I remember snagging it for $15 a few weeks after release. I'm rather fond of it's map... and still remember this one bend that caused me grief in time-trials-like races.

For those who keep asking about what has already gone on sale:

I've been keeping a list of all* the main deals here.

*I try, but I'm only human, so if I've missed something, let me know.

someone sell me on buying Civ V upgrade or to wait for it (still haven't played the main game)

This! ;)

Weird, NFS HP 2010 ran just fine on my X3 720 & GTX 260.

I'm not getting dragged into a NF$: Burnout Wanted (2012) discussion. On PC it had some bad and variable framerate issues. The way it is structured is pretty poor and lacks a sense of progression. The map is quite small and unremarkable. It wasn't challenging. The cars all handled largely the same. I beat all the later races with a 1985 Countach 5000QV. Driving that was the only highlight of the game.

Given what I've read and my NF$ Burnout Wanted experience, I'm also not touching Rivals till it hits $5.

Excellent choice. It's the one I can easily recommend. Plays well with a controller. I remember snagging it for $15 a few weeks after release. I'm rather fond of it's map... and still remember this one bend that caused me grief in time-trials-like races.
NFS: HP 2010 ran fine on my current PC (i7 950; GF GTC 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 8).

But, it ran like crap on my previous much older rig - which was not super-long after game came out.

Rivals looks to be more of a cross b/t NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 + NFS: Most Wanted 2012. I'm gonna wait for it to get cheaper.

I picked up Rivals at launch for my Xbox One and I have been greatly enjoying it. The constant multiplayer aspect threw me off at first but once you get in the groove of the mechanics it is really a blast.

someone sell me on buying Civ V upgrade or to wait for it (still haven't played the main game)
I can't really recommend Civ V. It's not bad but a little too formulaic and the 'tricks' to victory/manipulating the AI can be figured out after a few playthroughs. Your money is better off on another 4x.

NFS: HP 2010 ran fine on my current PC (i7 950; GF GTC 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 8).
But, it ran like crap on my previous much older rig - which was not super-long after game came out.

Rivals looks to be more of a cross b/t NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 + NFS: Most Wanted 2012. I'm gonna wait for it to get cheaper.
Don't sully NFS HP 2010 like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back