CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up antichamber and shadow warrior, since I have wanted to try those for a while.

I really need to learn how to put some people on ignore in this thread though, gives me a headache to read the misspelling, FTFY, etc. Ugh.
I really want antichamber now looks too awesome, but will it be cheaper anywhere else.....what to do!

This! Though also see above... if it gets on the EC list at the right time.
I hadn't considered the possibility that it gets on the list.

Oh well, at least I'm playing it right now and enjoying. Graphically, it's quite impressive what they've done with this game (I have the original Genesis version sitting on my shelf). I do kind of wish they'd tweaked the "stiff" control though.

There is no limit but I think to go above 100 is irrelevant since the badge stopped at level 70.
I am disappoint. spoderGaben lies.

I hadn't considered the possibility that it gets on the list.

Oh well, at least I'm playing it right now and enjoying. Graphically, it's quite impressive what they've done with this game (I have the original Genesis version sitting on my shelf). I do kind of wish they'd tweaked the "stiff" control though.
^_^

:twitch: :twitch: NES you mean. Yeah, played that one a lot (which is why I'm content to wait.)

was max payne bundle on amazon 4.99?
dont know but max payne complete include all of it is for 6.99 plus 5 bucks credit until dec 31

Think the only other place that sells Antichamber is the humble store. I'd recommend getting it now so the rest of us can pick it up in the next bundle.
i told my freind it bundlefuddlle it prolly ike future fudle

I might have missed it being mentioned in this topic, but Steam Wallet Cards are 5% off this week (Dec 22-28) at Best Buy. I'm not sure if the wallet cards go on sale often or what is considered a good discount for them. They are available in face values of $20, $50, and $100 (so $19, $47.50, $95 after discount respectively). 5% more off the holiday sale prices might be worth the trip for some.

I might have missed it being mentioned in this topic, but Steam Wallet Cards are 5% off this week (Dec 22-28) at Best Buy. I'm not sure if the wallet cards go on sale often or what is considered a good discount for them. They are available in face values of $20, $50, and $100 (so $19, $47.50, $95 after discount respectively). 5% more off the holiday sale prices might be worth the trip for some.
wow that nice son of bitch i spank aj tho she prolly mad at me thanks to mns banderas sse cheaplikefox mysterd (proly influence her) neuro ( for calllllllllllllllling her jeallous bitch) i think thats it

Wait, when/why did RE6 (which I voted for) change to DMC?
like few mintues after it was put no joke i was like voting for that then it went kaboom to another one im like wtf thanks to spodereman

wow that nice son of bitch i spank aj tho she prolly mad at me thanks to mns banderas sse cheaplikefox mysterd (proly influence her) neuro ( for calllllllllllllllling her jeallous bitch) i think thats it
[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHGQsehNFM4[/youtube]

That's a great price. I'd consider the Deluxe version for $6,24 as it comes with a number of other DLC. GOTY has the essential stuff, but if you're enjoying the game you'll probably also like some of the stuff that comes with Deluxe.
Also, on BethSoft games like ES series + FO3 & Obsidian's FO:NV - if you're looking into playing some mods, you might want ALL of the content. Sometimes, mods require ALL of the official content (b/c of what official assets the modders use on their mods also might be using/incorporating into the mix).

EDIT:

I'll be fine after I spill some blood.

...err, better make that a lot of blood.

Paint it Red!
So, CAG is a town now and you're gonna paint it red?

Hmmm - I guess Ashes really is from the streetz!

So I haven't been around much for the last few days.  Is there a Steam thread for trading globe cards or do I need to start up a trade on Steam and wait for a response.  I have multiples of course because Gaben can't be that nice.

So I haven't been around much for the last few days. Is there a Steam thread for trading globe cards or do I need to start up a trade on Steam and wait for a response. I have multiples of course because Gaben can't be that nice.
steam trading in trading section http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317023-steam-trading-cards-trading-thread/ baled by neuro whyu do this and i never blame spoderman i blame mns for it he madee that gltich all was saying when it happen and u the one who told first

I haven't posted much since early yesterday afternoon.  Why?  Because my daughter's birthday party started yesterday afternoon right when the flash sales flipped.  Then I drove an hour and a half to see the Hobbit in 3d IMAX.  Got up this morning and hammered out a new blog for my website and had to respond to insane number of Twitter messages and e-mails.

FINALLY get some time to check out the latest sales and it continues to blow.  Seriously.  This is what I got all worked up for waiting for days and anticipating?  Garbage.  GARBAGE!  Steam is the new Oscar the Grouch.  Living in a garbage can garbage.

I haven't posted much since early yesterday afternoon. Why? Because my daughter's birthday party started yesterday afternoon right when the flash sales flipped. Then I drove an hour and a half to see the Hobbit in 3d IMAX. Got up this morning and hammered out a new blog for my website and had to respond to insane number of Twitter messages and e-mails.

FINALLY get some time to check out the latest sales and it continues to blow. Seriously. This is what I got all worked up for waiting for days and anticipating? Garbage. GARBAGE! Steam is the new Oscar the Grouch. Living in a garbage can garbage.
it mns fault me for beeing mutant and blame mysterd majodji for the bundleee vote rfg they got bad rats and fowl space for their christmas

I haven't posted much since early yesterday afternoon. Why? Because my daughter's birthday party started yesterday afternoon right when the flash sales flipped. Then I drove an hour and a half to see the Hobbit in 3d IMAX. Got up this morning and hammered out a new blog for my website and had to respond to insane number of Twitter messages and e-mails.

FINALLY get some time to check out the latest sales and it continues to blow. Seriously. This is what I got all worked up for waiting for days and anticipating? Garbage. GARBAGE! Steam is the new Oscar the Grouch. Living in a garbage can garbage.
Getting one's hopes up inevitably leads to disappointment. Having an overall pessimistic outlook on life and everything is the only true way to be happy.

Just like "There must be a pony." I keep thinking "the sale will get better"

Other than getting Legend of Dungeon and Universe Sandbox, Steam is not keeping my attention.  Nevertheless, I crafted several snow globe badges, buy nothing to get excited about.

Other than getting Legend of Dungeon and Universe Sandbox, Steam is not keeping my attention. Nevertheless, I crafted several snow globe badges, buy nothing to get excited about.
The Secret of Magic Crystals lv5 badge:

9a93d86085bcb7e52ea7514ecdab60a5178ad742.png

Other than getting Legend of Dungeon and Universe Sandbox, Steam is not keeping my attention. Nevertheless, I crafted several snow globe badges, buy nothing to get excited about.
A pony??!?

You mean you weren't wishing for a unicorn?!?

EDIT:

The Secret of Magic Crystals lv5 badge:

9a93d86085bcb7e52ea7514ecdab60a5178ad742.png
\LIKE

Over $200? How do you even get that much? I've monopolized at least 3 foils for different games, and nobody buys them. How do I lift?
You know, I wish that I could say that it's a fascinating story involving sex, drugs, murder and international intrigue...

Hmmm...actually, you know what? I think I am gonna say that.

You could always just play one o-- nevermind.

sooooo....

why would you pay attention to something as unimportant as your daughter when there's a steam sale going on?

Hey Ashes, just out of curiosity, have you received your steam key from the SMC team yet?
I'm still waiting for it :nottalking:
Yes I have. I quickly got the: "Thank you for contacting Artery Studios regarding Secret of the Magic Crystals. Please bear with us until we get back to you."

But About 8 hours later I got my steam key from a different email (Tamas Bako).

Yes I have. I quickly got the: "Thank you for contacting Artery Studios regarding Secret of the Magic Crystals. Please bear with us until we get back to you."

But About 8 hours later I got my steam key from a different email (Tamas Bako).
Yeah, I got that "Thank you for contacting...." email as well but no steam key yet. That was yesterday. I might have to contact them again. :whistle2:k

Can someone please post a proper link to Amazon's Editor Choice games? Have these not been revealed? Everytime I click on the promotion link nothing comes up.

I may just buy FFVII if I can get the $5 promotion towards another game. Though it looks dated as hell and I probably won't touch it  :cry: .

Hey Ashes, just out of curiosity, have you received your steam key from the SMC team yet?

I'm still waiting for it :nottalking:
Got my key the morning after sending them pics of my amazon purchase. Would imagine they're getting lots of requests right now, but response was relatively timely.

One of my Steam friends does and he loves it, but he said it's not moddable so he still has the mod installed from Arma II because you can still mod that one.
Yo I heard you like mods, so I put some mod in your mod so you can mod while you mod.

Getting one's hopes up inevitably leads to disappointment. Having an overall pessimistic outlook on life and everything is the only true way to be happy.
If one hopes to ever become happy, one must first become unhappy. If you are already down what's there to be disappointed by?

Can someone please post a proper link to Amazon's Editor Choice games? Have these not been revealed? Everytime I click on the promotion link nothing comes up.

I may just buy FFVII if I can get the $5 promotion towards another game. Though it looks dated as hell and I probably won't touch it :cry: .
They won't be announced until closer to January, and updated throughout the month.

Stupid question time:  Do the values of de-listed games go down or up?

Looking at my Inventory, I'm annoyed with the titles that don't have logos (Homefront and Cryostasis).  Then I realized they are no longer sold on Steam at all.

Yeah, I got that "Thank you for contacting...." email as well but no steam key yet. That was yesterday. I might have to contact them again. :whistle2:k
Nod. Keep in mind they're in Hungary (which I why I receieve my key at 12:30 AM PST).

Got my key the morning after sending them pics of my amazon purchase. Would imagine they're getting lots of requests right now, but response was relatively timely.
Same, just copy-pasted the print-version of my receipt. I was extra happy to get it free with Amazon Coins. :bounce:

I may just buy FFVII if I can get the $5 promotion towards another game. Though it looks dated as hell and I probably won't touch it :cry: .
Not announced yet. It's very fluid. Tony hasn't mentioned anything about pre-announcing it, like last year.

Stupid question time: Do the values of de-listed games go down or up?

Looking at my Inventory, I'm annoyed with the titles that don't have logos (Homefront and Cryostasis). Then I realized they are no longer sold on Steam at all.
yes.

Up: unavailability desire.
Down: those are miserable games.

But most importantly of all, Hoarder*'s analysis: "No pretty picture?!?"

*veteran CAG, owns... a lot.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="11375520" timestamp="1387742630"]Hmm, thinking about Rocksmith 2014. Amazon claims it's only going to be $39.99 on xmas, and I am wondering if Steam will get any lower than $44.99? Thoughts?

I already have the cable from buying the game as a present for family but I am thinking about learning some guitar myself.[/quote]I got a panda copy for $20 during the autumn sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back